[Support] Linuxserver.io - TVHeadend


1209 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Application Name: TVHeadend Application Site: https://tvheadend.org/ Docker Hub: https://hub.docker.com/r/linuxserver/tvheadend/ Github: https://github.com/linuxserver/docker-tvheadend

You need to install the driver to use your adapter. Then use /dev/dvb as the path for the device pass through. If you are using 6.9.x I don't know if the permissions are set correctly, so make sure no

You need to configure the grabber you want to use, then run it, then map epg source to the channel. There is a link in the first post to the readme on github which has information about configuring yo

Posted Images

1 minute ago, vw-kombi said:

Thanks alturismo - does that mean I just remove the " around the /tvheadend ?  As I dont quite understand everything you said.

 

Why are you messing with the files inside the container? There is absolutely no reason to do that! There is a variable that you use to pass the extra parameters to the tvheadend start command. 

So use RUN_OPTS as a variable in the container template and set the value to the correct one as per the tvheadend documentation. 

Link to post
9 minutes ago, alturismo said:

when i used TVH behind reverse proxy like this /tvheadend i used todo

 

docker cp tvheadend:/etc/services.d/tvheadend/run /root

 

###editieren
--http_root /tvheadend

 

docker cp run tvheadend:/etc/services.d/tvheadend/run

 

restart docker

 

There is a variable for adding parameters to the tvheadend start command, so please don't suggest stuff like this, that also gets lost on an update. 

Link to post
6 minutes ago, saarg said:

 

Why are you messing with the files inside the container? There is absolutely no reason to do that! There is a variable that you use to pass the extra parameters to the tvheadend start command. 

So use RUN_OPTS as a variable in the container template and set the value to the correct one as per the tvheadend documentation. 

 

I saw the instructions to do it this way in this forum, cant remember who write the post, I can go back through the 35 pages if you laike.  I think it was posted by saarg - but I could be wrong.....

Link to post
1 minute ago, alturismo said:

@vw-kombi yes, thats what i did

 

@saarg  i did this quite some time ago and then it worked ... now i use a own domain for each reverse site wich makes life easier ;)

 

I'm not saying it won't work, but when there is a built in option that doesn't screw things up if you update and don't know what that this gets deleted, then this hacks are not a good solution. You also make sure that any updates we do to the run file, you will not get as you probably edited the file once and then just copies it to the correct folder inside the container on each update. 

Link to post
1 minute ago, saarg said:

 

I'm not saying it won't work, but when there is a built in option that doesn't screw things up if you update and don't know what that this gets deleted, then this hacks are not a good solution. You also make sure that any updates we do to the run file, you will not get as you probably edited the file once and then just copies it to the correct folder inside the container on each update. 

 

Im more than happy to do it the correct way.......  I just don't understand much of the docker stuff so I take posts verbatim.  

Link to post
Just now, vw-kombi said:

 

Im more than happy to do it the correct way.......  I just don't understand much of the docker stuff so I take posts verbatim.  

 

4 minutes ago, vw-kombi said:

 

I saw the instructions to do it this way in this forum, cant remember who write the post, I can go back through the 35 pages if you laike.  I think it was posted by saarg - but I could be wrong.....

 

It's on the previous page or the page before, and you also quoted a post where I mention the RUN_OPTS variable and I answer and tell you how. 

It's also in the Readme on github, which is the first place you should go for current information of this container. 

Link to post
47 minutes ago, vw-kombi said:

can you confirm this :

 

config type :      variable

Name :                RUN_OPTS

key :                     --http_root (two dashes)

value :                 /tvheadend

 

 

screenshot_6.png

Link to post
On 8/3/2018 at 4:12 PM, alturismo said:

 

Hi, just a nice ask if u had time to test if its working ? device dri ... HW acc

 

Did you create a vaapi profile in the codec profiles that uses /dev/dri? If not, you need to do this.

As you can see in one of my pictures, vaapi is working here.

 

vaapi.PNG

vaapi working.PNG

Link to post

i see, nope, may cause i dont have this tab ...

 

im in Expert mode and i have these tabs for settings

 

image.thumb.png.02449d1bc720f8e98300f74c43c340ce.png

 

No codec Profiles here ...

 

heres the output from the docker bash grep, may something missing ?

 

root@AlsServer:/dev/dri$ ffmpeg -codecs | grep vaapi.
ffmpeg version 3.4 Copyright (c) 2000-2017 the FFmpeg developers
  built with gcc 6.4.0 (Alpine 6.4.0)
  configuration: --prefix=/usr --enable-avresample --enable-avfilter --enable-gnutls --enable-gpl --enable-libmp3lame --enable-librtmp --enable-libvorbis --enable-libvpx --enable-libxvid --enable-libx264 --enable-libx265 --enable-libtheora --enable-libv4l2 --enable-postproc --enable-pic --enable-pthreads --enable-shared --enable-libxcb --disable-stripping --disable-static --enable-vaapi --enable-vdpau --enable-libopus --disable-debug
  libavutil      55. 78.100 / 55. 78.100
  libavcodec     57.107.100 / 57.107.100
  libavformat    57. 83.100 / 57. 83.100
  libavdevice    57. 10.100 / 57. 10.100
  libavfilter     6.107.100 /  6.107.100
  libavresample   3.  7.  0 /  3.  7.  0
  libswscale      4.  8.100 /  4.  8.100
  libswresample   2.  9.100 /  2.  9.100
  libpostproc    54.  7.100 / 54.  7.100
 DEV.LS h264                 H.264 / AVC / MPEG-4 AVC / MPEG-4 part 10 (decoders: h264 h264_v4l2m2m h264_vdpau h264_cuvid ) (encoders: libx264 libx264rgb h264_nvenc h264_v4l2m2m h264_vaapi nvenc nvenc_h264 )
 DEV.L. hevc                 H.265 / HEVC (High Efficiency Video Coding) (decoders: hevc hevc_cuvid ) (encoders: libx265 nvenc_hevc hevc_nvenc hevc_vaapi )
 DEVIL. mjpeg                Motion JPEG (decoders: mjpeg mjpeg_cuvid ) (encoders: mjpeg mjpeg_vaapi )
 DEV.L. mpeg2video           MPEG-2 video (decoders: mpeg2video mpegvideo mpegvideo_vdpau mpeg2_v4l2m2m mpeg2_cuvid ) (encoders: mpeg2video mpeg2_vaapi )
 DEV.L. vp8                  On2 VP8 (decoders: vp8 vp8_v4l2m2m libvpx vp8_cuvid ) (encoders: libvpx vp8_v4l2m2m vp8_vaapi )
 DEV.L. vp9                  Google VP9 (decoders: vp9 libvpx-vp9 vp9_cuvid ) (encoders: libvpx-vp9 vp9_vaapi )
root@AlsServer:/dev/dri$ ls -la
total 0
drwxr-xr-x  2 root root        80 Aug  5 16:52 .
drwxr-xr-x 13 root root      3440 Aug  5 16:52 ..
crw-rw----  1 root audio 226,   0 Aug  5 16:52 card0
crwxrwxrwx  1 abc  abc   226, 128 Aug  5 16:52 renderD128
root@AlsServer:/dev/dri$

Link to post
12 minutes ago, alturismo said:

i see, nope, may cause i dont have this tab ...

 

im in Expert mode and i have these tabs for settings

 

image.thumb.png.02449d1bc720f8e98300f74c43c340ce.png

 

No codec Profiles here ...

 

heres the output from the docker bash grep, may something missing ?

 

root@AlsServer:/dev/dri$ ffmpeg -codecs | grep vaapi.
ffmpeg version 3.4 Copyright (c) 2000-2017 the FFmpeg developers
  built with gcc 6.4.0 (Alpine 6.4.0)
  configuration: --prefix=/usr --enable-avresample --enable-avfilter --enable-gnutls --enable-gpl --enable-libmp3lame --enable-librtmp --enable-libvorbis --enable-libvpx --enable-libxvid --enable-libx264 --enable-libx265 --enable-libtheora --enable-libv4l2 --enable-postproc --enable-pic --enable-pthreads --enable-shared --enable-libxcb --disable-stripping --disable-static --enable-vaapi --enable-vdpau --enable-libopus --disable-debug
  libavutil      55. 78.100 / 55. 78.100
  libavcodec     57.107.100 / 57.107.100
  libavformat    57. 83.100 / 57. 83.100
  libavdevice    57. 10.100 / 57. 10.100
  libavfilter     6.107.100 /  6.107.100
  libavresample   3.  7.  0 /  3.  7.  0
  libswscale      4.  8.100 /  4.  8.100
  libswresample   2.  9.100 /  2.  9.100
  libpostproc    54.  7.100 / 54.  7.100
 DEV.LS h264                 H.264 / AVC / MPEG-4 AVC / MPEG-4 part 10 (decoders: h264 h264_v4l2m2m h264_vdpau h264_cuvid ) (encoders: libx264 libx264rgb h264_nvenc h264_v4l2m2m h264_vaapi nvenc nvenc_h264 )
 DEV.L. hevc                 H.265 / HEVC (High Efficiency Video Coding) (decoders: hevc hevc_cuvid ) (encoders: libx265 nvenc_hevc hevc_nvenc hevc_vaapi )
 DEVIL. mjpeg                Motion JPEG (decoders: mjpeg mjpeg_cuvid ) (encoders: mjpeg mjpeg_vaapi )
 DEV.L. mpeg2video           MPEG-2 video (decoders: mpeg2video mpegvideo mpegvideo_vdpau mpeg2_v4l2m2m mpeg2_cuvid ) (encoders: mpeg2video mpeg2_vaapi )
 DEV.L. vp8                  On2 VP8 (decoders: vp8 vp8_v4l2m2m libvpx vp8_cuvid ) (encoders: libvpx vp8_v4l2m2m vp8_vaapi )
 DEV.L. vp9                  Google VP9 (decoders: vp9 libvpx-vp9 vp9_cuvid ) (encoders: libvpx-vp9 vp9_vaapi )
root@AlsServer:/dev/dri$ ls -la
total 0
drwxr-xr-x  2 root root        80 Aug  5 16:52 .
drwxr-xr-x 13 root root      3440 Aug  5 16:52 ..
crw-rw----  1 root audio 226,   0 Aug  5 16:52 card0
crwxrwxrwx  1 abc  abc   226, 128 Aug  5 16:52 renderD128
root@AlsServer:/dev/dri$

 

Are you running the stable branch? I think hardware transcoding is only available in the 4.3 version.

Link to post
3 minutes ago, alturismo said:

so, shell i change to 4.3 in Repo setting ? didnt knew its possible ...

If you only use linuxserver/tvheadend you will get the latest version, but that is a development branch and stuff might brake. 

At least take a backup of your appdata before changing versions. 

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.