[Plugin] controlrd

56 minutes ago, Free Man said:

It might be good to mention the need to manually uninstall the old ControlR and install ControlRd back in your original post on from last Thursday.

that makes sense, yea :)

awesome that everything worked fine for you, thanks for reporting back !

• Like 1
On 8/22/2024 at 4:50 PM, Unraid-arr said:

@jbrodriguez Any fix for the server not working, do I have to keep it running from command line or there will be a patch to fix this. Just curious no pressure. :)

Since, you have noted the UPS issue as well, maybe it can be all in one patch?

Thanks for all the work.

On 8/29/2024 at 5:22 PM, jbrodriguez said:

hello all,

the ControlR plugin is now controlrd !!!

this release enables quite a lot of improvements:
- Open Source: the controlrd plugin is now open source, with an AGPL license 🙌

- Access: the plugin api is now accessed via the Unraid url, no need to set a port anymore

- Versioning: no more "v" prefix for the version name

- Performance improvements

this will be paired with a change in the ControlR mobile app (to be released very soon), which will now have the following requirement
- If you access your server via SSL (https), the app will only connect to the `*.myunraid.net` URL, which is backed by a certificate provisioned via Let's Encrypt (certificate_bundle) 

Finally, the current ControlR plugin will be deprecated

4 hours ago, jbrodriguez said:

that makes sense, yea :)

awesome that everything worked fine for you, thanks for reporting back !

Hello @jbrodriguez,

Thanks for the update. I came back to this thread after a few days to see a bunch of changes. I also agree with @Free Man, here.

Likewise, I deleted the old (controlr) and installed the new (controlrd) plugin.

On Android cleaned up the appdata for the Controlr App just to start fresh.

Some observations-

— Happy to report the new plugin can now be started from GUI. Hurrah! 🥳

— The UPS data is now showing in app. :) 

— The scan qr code does not work, it gives error. I did manual add server and that works fine. 😐

— Logs don't work in my case on the android app not sure what's up with those. 😕

Edit: Found the logs (for the logs not working 🤣) in case they help you :)

Sep  2 12:33:53 Tower root: error: //webGui/include/ProcessStatus.php: missing csrf_token
Sep  2 12:33:54 Tower controlrd: received params undefined
Sep  2 12:34:20 Tower nginx: 2024/09/02 12:34:20 [error] 15845#15845: *94215 FastCGI sent in stderr: "Primary script unknown" while reading response header from upstream, client: 192.168.0.210, server: 192-168-0-4.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.myunraid.net, request: "POST /plugins/controlr/Api.php HTTP/2.0", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/var/run/php5-fpm.sock:", host: "192-168-0-4.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.myunraid.net:9443"
Sep  2 12:34:21 Tower nginx: 2024/09/02 12:34:21 [error] 15845#15845: *94215 FastCGI sent in stderr: "Primary script unknown" while reading response header from upstream, client: 192.168.0.210, server: 192-168-0-4.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.myunraid.net, request: "POST /plugins/controlr/Api.php HTTP/2.0", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/var/run/php5-fpm.sock:", host: "192-168-0-4.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.myunraid.net:9443"
Sep  2 12:34:38 Tower nginx: 2024/09/02 12:34:38 [error] 15845#15845: *94215 FastCGI sent in stderr: "Primary script unknown" while reading response header from upstream, client: 192.168.0.210, server: 192-168-0-4.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.myunraid.net, request: "POST /plugins/controlr/Api.php HTTP/2.0", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/var/run/php5-fpm.sock:", host: "192-168-0-4.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.myunraid.net:9443"
Sep  2 12:34:40 Tower nginx: 2024/09/02 12:34:40 [error] 15845#15845: *94215 FastCGI sent in stderr: "Primary script unknown" while reading response header from upstream, client: 192.168.0.210, server: 192-168-0-4.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.myunraid.net, request: "POST /plugins/controlr/Api.php HTTP/2.0", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/var/run/php5-fpm.sock:", host: "192-168-0-4.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.myunraid.net:9443"
Sep  2 12:34:41 Tower nginx: 2024/09/02 12:34:41 [error] 15845#15845: *94215 FastCGI sent in stderr: "Primary script unknown" while reading response header from upstream, client: 192.168.0.210, server: 192-168-0-4.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.myunraid.net, request: "POST /plugins/controlr/Api.php HTTP/2.0", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/var/run/php5-fpm.sock:", host: "192-168-0-4.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.myunraid.net:9443"
Sep  2 12:34:41 Tower nginx: 2024/09/02 12:34:41 [error] 15845#15845: *94215 FastCGI sent in stderr: "Primary script unknown" while reading response header from upstream, client: 192.168.0.210, server: 192-168-0-4.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.myunraid.net, request: "POST /plugins/controlr/Api.php HTTP/2.0", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/var/run/php5-fpm.sock:", host: "192-168-0-4.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.myunraid.net:9443"
Sep  2 12:34:42 Tower nginx: 2024/09/02 12:34:42 [error] 15845#15845: *94215 FastCGI sent in stderr: "Primary script unknown" while reading response header from upstream, client: 192.168.0.210, server: 192-168-0-4.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.myunraid.net, request: "POST /plugins/controlr/Api.php HTTP/2.0", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/var/run/php5-fpm.sock:", host: "192-168-0-4.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.myunraid.net:9443"
Sep  2 12:34:43 Tower nginx: 2024/09/02 12:34:43 [error] 15845#15845: *94215 FastCGI sent in stderr: "Primary script unknown" while reading response header from upstream, client: 192.168.0.210, server: 192-168-0-4.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.myunraid.net, request: "POST /plugins/controlr/Api.php HTTP/2.0", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/var/run/php5-fpm.sock:", host: "192-168-0-4.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.myunraid.net:9443"

— Does Open Sourcing the plugin hint towards you dropping the support? 🤔

Thanks as always for the good work and your time in answering my questions. :)

Edited by Unraid-arr
logs
On 9/1/2024 at 6:59 AM, jbrodriguez said:

cool that you were able to add your servers !!!

yea, about the ups data, you have a custom setup, can you do me a favor, can you show me what data is displayed on the UPS plugin page ?

anonymize as needed, id like to have a reference of what is shown there

Once i was able to login, i am able to see my ups stats in the app. All seems to be working well for me now

My only feedback would be to put the ups stats on another line under the parity and temps, instead of having to scroll. Thanks for helping me troubleshoot!

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
3 hours ago, Unraid-arr said:

— Happy to report the new plugin can now be started from GUI. Hurrah! 🥳

— The UPS data is now showing in app. :) 

— The scan qr code does not work, it gives error. I did manual add server and that works fine. 😐

— Logs don't work in my case on the android app not sure what's up with those.

re: 1,2, awesome !!!

re: 3, yea, i released a new version of the app and a new version of the plugin, hopefully this fixes the qr code :)

re: 4, well, i completely forgot about logs !!! thanks for pointing that out, i'll add them back :) 

3 hours ago, Unraid-arr said:

— Does Open Sourcing the plugin hint towards you dropping the support? 🤔

not at all, having the plugin be closed source could put off some people and i value privacy a lot

open source it removes friction for anyone that was on the edge because of that

to be honest, going from closed source to open was just a matter of removing old code from back when i supported user permissions and some other features that i removed from the app 

i have plans to actually add more features, time permitting :) 

thanks Unraid-arr for your report and comments !!!

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, jbrodriguez said:

re: 1,2, awesome !!!

re: 3, yea, i released a new version of the app and a new version of the plugin, hopefully this fixes the qr code :)

re: 4, well, i completely forgot about logs !!! thanks for pointing that out, i'll add them back :) 

not at all, having the plugin be closed source could put off some people and i value privacy a lot

open source it removes friction for anyone that was on the edge because of that

to be honest, going from closed source to open was just a matter of removing old code from back when i supported user permissions and some other features that i removed from the app 

i have plans to actually add more features, time permitting :) 

thanks Unraid-arr for your report and comments !!!

I am glad I could be of some help, although all the work is being done by you lol. I guess I just paid for the app, which I don't think covers enough.

5 hours ago, mihcox said:

Once i was able to login, i am able to see my ups stats in the app. All seems to be working well for me now

My only feedback would be to put the ups stats on another line under the parity and temps, instead of having to scroll. Thanks for helping me troubleshoot!

Adding to this, I hope you don't mind me saying this but, I was using “Array” app before that was free but had nicer UI (IMO).

Your app has more features but needs UI polish. I hope I can help in some way soon.

I do understand the privacy aspect, and I am glad you are not going anywhere, hope to see more stuff from you.

Is there a way to have the app connect via Public IP since we use the Unraid connect address to login the app?

Better yet, if it has the auto-switching like using local IP when home vs public IP when outside. (like nzb360 😂)

Cheers!

Edited by Unraid-arr
clarity
  • Like 1
On 8/29/2024 at 3:22 PM, jbrodriguez said:

- If you access your server via SSL (https), the app will only connect to the `*.myunraid.net` URL, which is backed by a certificate provisioned via Let's Encrypt (certificate_bundle) 

This is kind of a pain… that URL isn’t working for me. Says it can’t be reached. I’m assuming because I don’t have any ports forwarded so that external URL doesn’t work? Do I need to set up DNS overrides? Unfortunately half the time I use ControlR it’s over ZeroTier, and I’ve never been able to get ZeroTier clients to actually use my DNS server over the VPN. Please tell me there’s some simple thing I’m missing for this to work. It was working just fine before the migration to the new plugin… 😭

Sep  3 11:13:49 xxxxxxxxx webGUI: Successful login user root from 192.168.xxxxx
Sep  3 11:14:43 xxxxxxxxx nginx: 2024/09/03 11:14:43 [error] 5294#5294: *262918 FastCGI sent in stderr: "Primary script unknown" while reading response header from upstream, client: 192.168.xxxxxx, server: 192-168-xx-xx.85exxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.myunraid.net, request: "POST //plugins/controlr/Api.php HTTP/2.0", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/var/run/php5-fpm.sock:", host: "192-168-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.myunraid.net"
Sep  3 11:14:43 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx nginx: 2024/09/03 11:14:43 [error] 5294#5294: *262918 FastCGI sent in stderr: "Primary script unknown" while reading response header from upstream, client: 192.168xxxxxx, server: 192-168-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.myunraid.net, request: "POST //plugins/controlr/Api.php HTTP/2.0", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/var/run/php5-fpm.sock:", host: "192-168-1xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.myunraid.net"
Sep  3 11:14:44 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxnginx: 2024/09/03 11:14:44 [error] 5294#5294: *262918 FastCGI sent in stderr: "Primary script unknown" while reading response header from upstream, client: 192.16xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, server: 192-168-xx-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.myunraid.net, request: "POST //plugins/controlr/Api.php HTTP/2.0", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/var/run/php5-fpm.sock:", host: "192-168-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.myunraid.net"

hi,

scanning qr code from plugin does not work.

import and manual work on android app.

docker,vm and logs dont work.

1000006010.png

1000006008.png

1000006012.png

Edited by cyberspice
logs added
7 hours ago, canadrian said:

Says it can’t be reached. I’m assuming because I don’t have any ports forwarded so that external URL doesn’t work?

can you show the error ? also, can you make sure you have the latest app version (6.7.1) and latest controlrd plugin version

2 hours ago, cyberspice said:

scanning qr code from plugin does not work.

import and manual work on android app.

docker,vm and logs dont work.

cool that import and manual are working

about qrcode, can you make sure you're running on the latest 6.7.1 version (and latest controlrd plugin) ?

the errors you see in the log are related to the docker, vm, system, which i haven't implemented (forgot about it 😢), will work on it this week

• Thanks 1
10 hours ago, Unraid-arr said:

Is there a way to have the app connect via Public IP since we use the Unraid connect address to login the app?

nothing i could implement would be more secure, robust and well tested than wireguard, tailscale or openvpn, they're not that difficult to setup and they support auto-switching :) 

6 hours ago, jbrodriguez said:

nothing i could implement would be more secure, robust and well tested than wireguard, tailscale or openvpn, they're not that difficult to setup and they support auto-switching :) 

Sure, I agree that is more secure than using any public facing method. Convenience and security don't go hand in hand :D

Thanks

• Upvote 1

QR-Code and Manual are not working in my case.

Running version 6.7.1 on iOS and 2024.09.03 on Unraid

Trying to connect via https

EDIT: Running Unraid version 7.0.0-beta2

EDIT 2: My Bad, wasnt using a trusted or my-unraid certificate

Edited by CryPt00n
On 9/3/2024 at 4:08 AM, jbrodriguez said:

can you show the error ? also, can you make sure you have the latest app version (6.7.1) and latest controlrd plugin version

“Unable to add server: https://

192-168-43-10.REDACTED.myunraid.net:444/ is offline”

Port 444 is correct as I have SWAG running on 443

controlrd version 2024.09.03

App version 6.8.0

Edited by canadrian
5 minutes ago, canadrian said:

I mean, it’s just a partial url. Plus I don’t plan on opening any ports on my firewall; I only want to use it over VPN. 

Ok. I saw you redacted the info in previous posts, so didn't know if you meant to post that much of the URL.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, canadrian said:

How is it supposed to resolve DNS for example?

what happens is that the *.myunraid.net hostname gets resolved to an ip, just basic dns, the difference is that this gets resolved to a private address ip (192.168.x.x, 10.x.x.x)

i had the same issue as you, i solved it by whitelisting the myunraid.net domain in the rebind protection feature of my firewall

do you have a firewall where you can whitelist rebind domains ?

Hi @jbrodriguez,

Having the issue now, where docker and VMs don't show up in the app. Relevant server logs -

Sep  7 02:27:42 Tower sudo:     root : PWD=/usr/local/emhttp ; USER=root ; COMMAND=/usr/bin/bash -c '/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/controlrd/controlrd --show-ups'
Sep  7 02:27:42 Tower sudo: pam_unix(sudo:session): session opened for user root(uid=0) by (uid=0)
Sep  7 02:27:49 Tower root: error: //webGui/include/ProcessStatus.php: missing csrf_token

I hope it is something minor.

Thanks

1 minute ago, Unraid-arr said:

Hi @jbrodriguez,

Having the issue now, where docker and VMs don't show up in the app. Relevant server logs -

Sep  7 02:27:42 Tower sudo:     root : PWD=/usr/local/emhttp ; USER=root ; COMMAND=/usr/bin/bash -c '/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/controlrd/controlrd --show-ups'
Sep  7 02:27:42 Tower sudo: pam_unix(sudo:session): session opened for user root(uid=0) by (uid=0)
Sep  7 02:27:49 Tower root: error: //webGui/include/ProcessStatus.php: missing csrf_token

I hope it is something minor.

Thanks

they were showing with the latest app/controlrd plugin and suddendly disappeared ?

the missing csrf_token is not an issue, it just tells wether the server is up or down

in any case can you provide me some troubleshooting data from your server ? if yes, pls follow the instructions on this page https://github.com/jbrodriguez/controlr-support

41 minutes ago, jbrodriguez said:

they were showing with the latest app/controlrd plugin and suddendly disappeared ?

the missing csrf_token is not an issue, it just tells wether the server is up or down

in any case can you provide me some troubleshooting data from your server ? if yes, pls follow the instructions on this page https://github.com/jbrodriguez/controlr-support

I have done this. Had to provide the port as well. :) with URL.

Cannot copy the email from your link to send. Hope it reached you. 🤣

Thanks!