[Support] jasonbean - Apache Guacamole

Message added by Taddeusz,

Before upgrading to 1.5.0 you need to have first upgraded to 1.4.0-3 of the container. I discovered that prior to 1.4.0-3 it was not shutting down MariaDB correctly and causing the database to be left in a dirty state.

If after upgrading to 1.5.0 you discover that MariaDB is stopping and the log mentions something about needing to open the database in an older version of MariaDB you should downgrade specifically to 1.4.0-3, start the container and make sure it's running correctly. Then you may upgrade to 1.5.0.

Hi folks, first time posting so forgive any bad manners.

I've been happily using this container for a while now, however since the last update ~2 weeks ago I cant access my guacamole instance at all.

The error I get in catalina.out is as follows:

20:37:52.318 [http-nio-8080-exec-2] WARN  o.a.g.e.AuthenticationProviderFacade - The "mysql" authentication provider has encountered an internal error which will halt the authentication process. If this is unexpected or you are the developer of this authentication provider, you may wish to enable debug-level logging. If this is expected and you wish to ignore such failures in the future, please set "skip-if-unavailable: mysql" within your guacamole.properties.
20:37:52.319 [http-nio-8080-exec-2] ERROR o.a.g.rest.RESTExceptionMapper - Unexpected internal error: 
### Error querying database.  Cause: java.sql.SQLException: Unknown system variable 'transaction_isolation'
### The error may exist in org/apache/guacamole/auth/jdbc/user/UserMapper.xml
### The error may involve org.apache.guacamole.auth.jdbc.user.UserMapper.selectOne
### The error occurred while executing a query
### Cause: java.sql.SQLException: Unknown system variable 'transaction_isolation'

I use Authentik as my authentication backend and I've never had an issue like this with it before.

I do have all my containers set to auto-update and it seems like something somewhere has broken something.

Any advice or suggestions would be immensely appreciated, thanks in advance for your time!

On 6/14/2023 at 9:12 PM, Zeragonii said:

Hi folks, first time posting so forgive any bad manners.

I've been happily using this container for a while now, however since the last update ~2 weeks ago I cant access my guacamole instance at all.

The error I get in catalina.out is as follows:

20:37:52.318 [http-nio-8080-exec-2] WARN  o.a.g.e.AuthenticationProviderFacade - The "mysql" authentication provider has encountered an internal error which will halt the authentication process. If this is unexpected or you are the developer of this authentication provider, you may wish to enable debug-level logging. If this is expected and you wish to ignore such failures in the future, please set "skip-if-unavailable: mysql" within your guacamole.properties.
20:37:52.319 [http-nio-8080-exec-2] ERROR o.a.g.rest.RESTExceptionMapper - Unexpected internal error: 
### Error querying database.  Cause: java.sql.SQLException: Unknown system variable 'transaction_isolation'
### The error may involve org.apache.guacamole.auth.jdbc.user.UserMapper.selectOne
### Cause: java.sql.SQLException: Unknown system variable 'transaction_isolation'

I use Authentik as my authentication backend and I've never had an issue like this with it before.

I do have all my containers set to auto-update and it seems like something somewhere has broken something.

Any advice or suggestions would be immensely appreciated, thanks in advance for your time!

I'm having the same problem (using external mysql):

12:11:00.743 [http-nio-8080-exec-6] WARN  o.a.g.e.AuthenticationProviderFacade - The "mysql" authentication provider has encountered an internal error which will halt the authentication process. If this is unexpected or you are the developer of this authentication provider, you may wish to enable debug-level logging. If this is expected and you wish to ignore such failures in the future, please set "skip-if-unavailable: mysql" within your guacamole.properties.
12:11:00.746 [http-nio-8080-exec-6] ERROR o.a.g.rest.RESTExceptionMapper - Unexpected internal error: 
### Error querying database.  Cause: java.sql.SQLException: Unknown system variable 'transaction_isolation'

Edited by UNRAID, Casa
On 6/16/2023 at 6:46 AM, UNRAID, Casa said:

Huuummm, i think it's Mariadb last version , related...

Changing Mariadb docker to version 10.11 and...   It works!

Which version were you on? The version included is currently 10.11.3. The latest version, 10.11.4, came out on June 7th. I'm considering updating the 1.5.2 container but I need some further details.

Hello, I have been trying to set the container up, but the default "guacadmin guacadmin" username and password returns "Invalid Login". I have tried removing the created config folders, pulling the image again, running with and without compose and with and without my reverse proxy, but nothing changes. Only relevant or worrying line I found in the logs (catalina.out) is:

18:49:13.063 [http-nio-8080-exec-1] WARN  o.a.g.r.auth.AuthenticationService - Authentication attempt from 172.16.10.60 for user "guacadmin" failed.

To clarify, these are the steps to reproduce:

Run "docker run -d -v ./config:/config -p 8080:8080 jasonbean/guacamole"

Open http://ip:8080

Enter "guacadmin" as both username and password

Get "Invalid Login"

Am I missing some step? What other logs should I check?

I don't know if this is useful info, but entering "USERNAME PASSWORD" correctly brings up the remote desktop screen with the "The remote desktop server is currently unreachable" message. I am also using latest Debian stable with docker updated.

Thanks in advance

47 minutes ago, sectional-drawer2033 said:

Hello, I have been trying to set the container up, but the default "guacadmin guacadmin" username and password returns "Invalid Login". I have tried removing the created config folders, pulling the image again, running with and without compose and with and without my reverse proxy, but nothing changes. Only relevant or worrying line I found in the logs (catalina.out) is:

18:49:13.063 [http-nio-8080-exec-1] WARN  o.a.g.r.auth.AuthenticationService - Authentication attempt from 172.16.10.60 for user "guacadmin" failed.

To clarify, these are the steps to reproduce:

Run "docker run -d -v ./config:/config -p 8080:8080 jasonbean/guacamole"

Open http://ip:8080

Enter "guacadmin" as both username and password

Get "Invalid Login"

Am I missing some step? What other logs should I check?

I don't know if this is useful info, but entering "USERNAME PASSWORD" correctly brings up the remote desktop screen with the "The remote desktop server is currently unreachable" message. I am also using latest Debian stable with docker updated.

Thanks in advance

This container was built for Unraid but it will run in other environments. Since you're not running on Unraid you probably need to set PUID and PGID to match your user in your Debian installation.

• 2 weeks later...

I just installed this docker and at local point everything is working okay.
I've set everything up using the video of SpaceInvaderOne: 

But I cannot add it via NginxProxyManager to access it via remote.

The container is set to custom br0, with ip 192.168.x.220 and as port 8080.
So that is what I set to NPM, but I get a 502 bad request error while going to the remote access.

As normally this are the settings in NPM for the ApacheGuacamole docker, to forward it to a remote address.

Also see these screenshots:

screenshot-npm-1.png.9da188209819ea10de5c5049380531a0.png

screenshot-npm-2.png.8af619b2b13ce303cb25070576475ea9.png

I hope I've posted this in the right thread, as NPM and ApacheGuacamole are 2 different dockers, so choosing the right one was difficult for me.

Kind regards, and thanks in advance!

-- Rik

5 hours ago, rikdegraaff said:

The container is set to custom br0, with ip 192.168.x.220 and as port 8080.

and how is your NPM setup ? also custom:br0 with its own IP or on the bridge ?

if its not also on custom br0 with its own IP, have you enabled host access ... in Docker settings (advanced view)

6 hours ago, alturismo said:

if its not also on custom br0 with its own IP, have you enabled host access ... in Docker settings (advanced view)

It is on custom br0 with its own IP.

And Host access to custom networks is disabled

Edited by rikdegraaff
Just now, rikdegraaff said:

It is on custom br0 with its own IP.

ok, then you should be fine ...

there is more or less only 1 check todo, open docker terminal from NPM, ping 192.168.X.220 (guacamole) if it can reach it ...

btw, masking a LAN IP is pretty senseless ;)

if that works, i would check in the NPM Thread if there are any custom/extras needed for guacamole ... i personally use swag and all is working as expected (also both dockers on their own IP)

Okay, pinged 192.168.2.220 from the console of NPM to the container of Guacamole.

This are the results: 

--- 192.168.2.220 ping statistics ---
43 packets transmitted, 0 packets received, 100% packet loss

So no connection via ping.

And sorry for masking my lan IP didn't know it was senseless... 🙈🙈

Just now, rikdegraaff said:

Got it, here's my docker overview.

8 hours ago, alturismo said:

there was your fail answer ... its on bridge ...

image.thumb.png.72bc79e73f6dac55d240f9761ab982db.png

so now we come back to ...

8 hours ago, alturismo said:

like this ...

image.thumb.png.826df472f195d2fd835a59aff3e6061b.png

and sorry to say ... but this makes no fun to help when you dont read properly ... and this belongs now more to the NPM Thread overall ... its not guac related and we shouldnt spam this Topic more and more ...

• Upvote 1

like this ...

http://upload.forums.unraid.net/live/monthly_2023_08/image.thumb.png.826df472f195d2fd835a59aff3e6061b.png

and sorry to say ... but this makes no fun to help when you dont read properly ... and this belongs now more to the NPM Thread overall ... its not guac related and we shouldnt spam this Topic more and more ...
Sorry, but I really believed my docker was on custom br0. That's how I installed it. Because that's what I saw in SpaceInvaderOne's video on YouTube.

1000 times sorry for that. I understand that it is so no fun to help. Sorry.

Edit: I am going to fix it right now, according to your post. So I need to turn on that thing in docker setting. Thanks for helping a n00b.

Edit 2: @alturismo thanks it works now on remote! You're the best!
  • Like 1

Hello, can you help me? I'm using the nomariadb version because I want to use my existing mariadb docker container.

I'm using br0 and here are the template settings:

image.thumb.png.77c533d7a90822731a7c1cd3c3d2b001.png

Then I followed this https://guacamole.apache.org/doc/gug/jdbc-auth.html#jdbc-auth-mysql

1. I downloaded the auth extension guacamole-auth-jdbc-mysql-1.5.3.jar and copy to /extensions folder

2.  I downloaded driver mariadb-java-client-3.1.4.jar and copied to /lib folder (Note: I also tried the mysql connector and changed mysql-driver in properties to mysql but no avail )

Then I update my properties file:

image.thumb.png.5dc459479c2500c04b6cf59477c93a57.png

But I can't connect to login page(Note that I restarted already the container):

image.png.f962330093a1448e536199411d36f71a.png

When I set the OPT_MYSQL to N in the container template, I can get to the login screen but I cannot login using the defaut username and password guacadmin

image.png.18c72427134bd0c08b9d413478c40cb5.png

In the catalina.out log, I see this error:

Loading class `com.mysql.jdbc.Driver'. This is deprecated. The new driver class is `com.mysql.cj.jdbc.Driver'. The driver is automatically registered via the SPI and manual loading of the driver class is generally unnecessary.
22:04:52.307 [http-nio-8080-exec-5] WARN  o.a.g.e.AuthenticationProviderFacade - The "mysql" authentication provider has encountered an internal error which will halt the authentication process. If this is unexpected or you are the developer of this authentication provider, you may wish to enable debug-level logging. If this is expected and you wish to ignore such failures in the future, please set "skip-if-unavailable: mysql" within your guacamole.properties.
22:04:52.311 [http-nio-8080-exec-5] ERROR o.a.g.rest.RESTExceptionMapper - Unexpected internal error: 

Can you please check?

I'm using Mariadb official docker. It says version 11.0.3

Edited by HHUBS
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

So I just installed this and I have it working to Windows Server 2019 and SSH to unRAID. However I can not get this working to my (non-domain) Windows 11 PC. Has anyone got this working to Windows 11? I can RDP from a different windows machine, but guacamole just nevers does it.

EDIT - Just to say that i have Security mode set to NLA and Ignore Server Certificate checked.

EDIT2 - OK I got this working. Bit of a strange one. I had enable WOL and the mac used hyphens (-) this seemed to stop guacamole making the RDP connection. I changed it to colon (:) and RDP started working.

Edited by showstopper
24 minutes ago, showstopper said:

Hi guys,

So I just installed this and I have it working to Windows Server 2019 and SSH to unRAID. However I can not get this working to my (non-domain) Windows 11 PC. Has anyone got this working to Windows 11? I can RDP from a different windows machine, but guacamole just nevers does it.

EDIT - Just to say that i have Security mode set to NLA and Ignore Server Certificate checked.

Are you using a Microsoft account? Are you using Windows Hello to login even with just a pin? If so you have to login with your password at least once so that it’s cached. After that RDP should work fine and you can go back to using Windows Hello to login locally.