[Support] Djoss - MakeMKV

I purchased a key but am still receiving the below message.  I entered the key into the "key" and "value" fields in the container settings, am I doing something wrong?  I also tried entering the key manually in the webUI and that did not work.

image.png.a4321490497cea064e5c16ff70324680.png

1 hour ago, kokonator said:

I purchased a key but am still receiving the below message.  I entered the key into the "key" and "value" fields in the container settings, am I doing something wrong?  I also tried entering the key manually in the webUI and that did not work.

image.png.a4321490497cea064e5c16ff70324680.png

I figured it out - turns out I was entering my license key into the wrong field(s), I was trying to enter it into a combination of the "key," "value," and "default value" fields. I looked at the github and figured out I needed to enter "MAKEMKV_KEY" into the key field (needs to be all caps) then enter my license into the value field. After that I was up and running.

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone had this issue with autodiscripper?  It just cycles through startup with this error.  Standard ripping (via the GUI) is working fine.

[autodiscripper] ERROR: Cannot access state directory.  Verify UMASK value.

I've already confirmed both the default and autodiscripper directories are 777.

Thanks!

• 3 months later...
20 minutes ago, 01cooperl said:

Temporary licence key has expired. When is this docker expected to be updated?

Why not ask in the makemkv forum where the key is released? Or better yet buy one!!

the creator of this docker has no control over when a new key is posted!

a little google search would of answered your question

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I was attempting to use MakeMKV this morning, but it stopped being able to detect Blu-Rays after the first one. I rebooted the server and reinstalled the docker container. I have just confirmed that the optical drive works with MakeMKV in a windows system. Any ideas? 

The original Blu-ray can not be detected anymore. And any other cannot be as well.  

2 hours ago, Technologyman00 said:

I was attempting to use MakeMKV this morning, but it stopped being able to detect Blu-Rays after the first one. I rebooted the server and reinstalled the docker container. I have just confirmed that the optical drive works with MakeMKV in a windows system. Any ideas? 

The original Blu-ray can not be detected anymore. And any other cannot be as well.  

Have you passed through both /dev/SRx and /dev/SGx

2 hours ago, Technologyman00 said:

image.png.e0af3975ccee7d02738347dfadbdeafe.png

image.thumb.png.d084e4c83b5a7e06392fd4e84114ffb5.png

UPDATE: Sorry i didnt realize the author changed the template. I updated to the new template and re created the docker and my drive is passed through properly using the new method (not sure why it is not included in the template)

you should be looking in the docker log for the drive assignment, not system devices.

below is the relevent info:

[cont-init   ] 54-check-optical-drive.sh: executing...
[cont-init   ] 54-check-optical-drive.sh: looking for usable optical drives...
[cont-init   ] 54-check-optical-drive.sh: found optical drive [/dev/sr0, /dev/sg5], group 19.
[cont-init   ] 54-check-optical-drive.sh: terminated successfully.

Edited by spl147
  • 3 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, Knightwing19 said:

is anyone else getting the message that it's too old of a program even though the doker container is fully updated?

The current beta key is expired. We need for a new one to be published.

Just buy a damn key! you guys kill me with this i can not believe there is no new key, i've been using it this way for years! if you used it and the beta key expired, it's time to buy a key! then the program to old issue will go away!

it will be a sad day for everyone when makemkv dissapears because no one supports the developers!

• Upvote 1
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, spl147 said:

Just buy a damn key! you guys kill me with this i can not believe there is no new key, i've been using it this way for years! if you used it and the beta key expired, it's time to buy a key! then the program to old issue will go away!

it will be a sad day for everyone when makemkv dissapears because no one supports the developers!

https://forum.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1053

While i Have bought my own key for other reasons. The Dev has yet to produce the end/stable product.

Its more of a issues with Clients in the docker not reading the template nor understanding the options.

About Expired Keys

The Dev of makemkv - author occasionally updates the key a few days after it has expired.

So unless theres a new beta key. Yes go buy a key...

https://www.makemkv.com/buy/

Otherwise use an alternative such as handbrake..

Edited by bmartino1
31 minutes ago, bmartino1 said:

https://forum.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1053

While i Have bought my own key for other reasons. The Dev has yet to produce the end/stable product.

Its more of a issues with Clients in the docker not reading the template nor understanding the options.

About Expired Keys

The Dev of makemkv - author occasionally updates the key a few days after it has expired.

So unless theres a new beta key. Yes go buy a key...

https://www.makemkv.com/buy/

Otherwise use an alternative such as handbrake..

So you are gonna rob the dev of income because it doesn’t say stable? ALL software these days is beta!  Thats a poor way of thinking!

• Confused 1
4 minutes ago, spl147 said:

So you are gonna rob the dev of income because it doesn’t say stable? ALL software these days is beta!  Thats a poor way of thinking!

I have already bough my key years ago the dev isn't improving on anything. Its as poor business model look at unriad and the key change as example. Beside the dev has already moved on from the project it just a side cash grab for him now...
Having had direct communication with him... the beta was mainly there for school/learning groups and alot of his work is trademarked and used in other high end stuff that he is dev for...

The problem in the whole is it never leaves dev... so it perpetual in beta and he hasn't had time to update that side as it not worth his time...