[Support] Linuxserver.io - Qbittorrent

I rolled back to linuxserver/qbittorrent:14.3.2.99202101080148-7233-0cbd15890ubuntu18.04.1-ls110 and it worked fine.  The logs suggest moving the config folder, but I'll wait. "The legacy data directory '/config/data/qBittorrent/' is used. It is recommended to move its content to '/config/qBittorrent/'"

On 1/6/2021 at 8:19 PM, articulateape said:

Hi,

Hoping someone can help with my problem. I have an Unraid setup with QBittorrent in a docker with 5Tb space left. I am d/ling a torrent that is 1.5Tb and had paused at 95%. There are many seeders and it was downloading very quickly. I then installed Transmission and tried again and it showed that there isn't enough disk space on the system.

There are a total of 6Tb of data and the system had 5Tb free but it appears there isn't enough space left on disk to download. I have a SMB share that is being used as the destintion for the download.

Any help would be great.

Can anyone help with my previous request?

edit: I should add that I have tried to verify the file using Transmission and it says that there is not enough space on disk. I have some disks that are 1tb in the array. Considering the torrent is 1.5tb does this cause a problem?

Edited by articulateape

Someone said this is because it doesn't find the .fastresume file. On my container that I installed 6 months ago, I see this message in the log (I have not updated):
"The legacy data directory '/config/data/qBittorrent/' is used. It is recommended to move its content to '/config/qBittorrent/'"

I'm guessing this has something to do with it, try moving the files like the log message says.

• Thanks 1
On 12/3/2020 at 12:19 AM, CorneliousJD said:

Plus I've read that it has issues with over 1,000 torrents.

I plan on using Transmission moving forward for hardlinking files for sonarr/radarr so my downloads don't duplicate disk space.

I'll easily soar far past 1k torrents in no-time, so potential problems there, paired with high RAM usage I just can't justify using QBT. It sure is a pretty interface though!

image.png.3da21f46ea55949e838de8713af26e3d.png

*gulp*

2.4GB memory usage, not sure how this compares to other clients.  Takes a couple of seconds if you re-order the main list, but otherwise seems fine so far.

ps:  linuxserver/qbittorrent:14.3.2.99202101080148-7233-0cbd15890ubuntu18.04.1-ls110 also fixed the "all my torrents are gone" issue with the latest update.

>>Transmission moving forward for hardlinking files for sonarr/radarr so my downloads don't duplicate disk space.

That's worth investigating...  I was under the impression that hardlinking doesn't work in unraid user-shares?

11 hours ago, ConnectivIT said:

image.png.3da21f46ea55949e838de8713af26e3d.png

*gulp*

2.4GB memory usage, not sure how this compares to other clients.  Takes a couple of seconds if you re-order the main list, but otherwise seems fine so far.

ps:  linuxserver/qbittorrent:14.3.2.99202101080148-7233-0cbd15890ubuntu18.04.1-ls110 also fixed the "all my torrents are gone" issue with the latest update.

>>Transmission moving forward for hardlinking files for sonarr/radarr so my downloads don't duplicate disk space.

That's worth investigating...  I was under the impression that hardlinking doesn't work in unraid user-shares?

Hard linking works fine in unraid and with qbit.  You just can't link across shares.  Your downloads and media need to be under the same share.  /media/movies and /media/downloads

21 hours ago, Ademar said:

Someone said this is because it doesn't find the .fastresume file. On my container that I installed 6 months ago, I see this message in the log (I have not updated):
"The legacy data directory '/config/data/qBittorrent/' is used. It is recommended to move its content to '/config/qBittorrent/'"

I'm guessing this has something to do with it, try moving the files like the log message says.

Yup, that did it. I also had the same problem and moving the content of the data dir restored all my torrents.

52 minutes ago, marcoavecl said:

Yup, that did it. I also had the same problem and moving the content of the data dir restored all my torrents.

Confirmed for me as well. I made a backup of the current /config/qbittorrent/ and then chose "write into" and "overwrite" for all prompts in Krusader when copying over from /config/data/qbittorrent/.

Cheers @Ademar!

Had a couple issues with qbittorrent that have sprung from nowhere (seemingly). Haven't changed any settings at all.

Firstly, seems unable to add any new torrents via the webui. I'm at 6566 torrents in total, been working absolutely fine, but now just won't add. However, recently I paused around 1.5k torrents from one tracker, that's the only big move I've done recently. I'll be going through them to back them up and eventually will have to delete them as they are redundant but I can't see how that would affect adding new torrents.

could add via the /watch folder. So, I downloaded to my seedbox and then to my server via FileZilla, added the torrent to /watch as Paused, and force rechecked. However, this has never worked and I've never got force recheck to work with qbt, and it didn't this time. Adding the torrent to rutorrent, however, was fine. Recheck was fine. So it's seeding from there. I'd rather it was in qbt though. And I have more torrents to add daily.

Any ideas? Thanks.

On 1/7/2021 at 10:20 PM, odje said:

I got it working. Need to add Variable UMASK_SET. I used a value of 011. Screenshot attached.

qbtumask.PNG

Latest update to image on 20th Jan 2021 has changed the variable name from UMASK_SET to UMASK

20.01.21:" - Deprecate UMASK_SET in favor of UMASK in baseimage, see above for more information.

Revised Screenshot:

umask.PNG

• Thanks 1

I am having an issue with the Qbit RSS download rules 'matching rss articles' section.

when i am creating a rule to download files from an rss feed, it shows a sidebar that says 'matching rss articles' but that is only updated once i actually click save and create the rule.   This means that any torrents that are matching a rule which might be incorrect or improperly formatted will get added to download before i can fix the rule.

Is there any way to check the validity of an rss rule before i click the save button and have it committed for Qbit to use?

Thanks

So I updated my config folder so the latest version works. All is working, BUT if I use Sonarr or Radarr to download a torrent, it adds to it qBittorrent but it just sits there, says it's downloading but none of the file information/contents or anything loads. If I manually download the torrent file and add it to qBittorrent, it'll then start downloading. Any ideas?

On 1/30/2021 at 1:36 AM, fitch said:

Hello all,
I don't see the "torrent creator".

image.png.d36b0cbc93df338be55362af682aed8b.png

Is it normal? An option not configured in my side?

I don't either on the webUI. I don't know about that particular option but I do know that the webUI doesn't have all the feature available that the desktop GUI does.

Hi,I am using this image for awhile and recently it just keep crashing with following logs

————————————————————————————————————————

Brought to you by linuxserver.io
-------------------------------------

To support LSIO projects visit:
https://www.linuxserver.io/donate/
GID/UID

User uid: 1000
User gid: 1000

[cont-init.d] 10-adduser: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 30-config: executing...
[cont-init.d] 30-config: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 99-custom-scripts: executing...
[custom-init] no custom files found exiting...
[cont-init.d] 99-custom-scripts: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] done.
[services.d] starting services
[services.d] done.
double free or corruption (!prev)

Please file a bug report at http://bug.qbittorrent.org and provide the following information:

qBittorrent version: v4.3.2

Caught signal: SIGABRT
Stack trace:

——————————————————————————————————————

Seems like the problem is “double free or corruption (!prev)” But I haven't  some found any information about it and have no idea how to fix it.

It just randomly shows up and I have to restart the container manually which is annoying. I tried the latest version and the problem still shows up.