[Support] Linuxserver.io - Qbittorrent

linuxserver_medium.png

Application Name: Qbittorrent

Application Site: https://www.qbittorrent.org

Docker: https://hub.docker.com/r/linuxserver/qbittorrent/

Github: https://github.com/linuxserver/docker-qbittorrent/

Please post any questions/issues relating to this docker you have in this thread.

The default username/password for the webui is admin/adminadmin

If you are not using Unraid (and you should be!) then please do not post here, instead head to linuxserver.io to see how to get support.

Edited by linuxserver.io
wrong link
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

@impalerware thanks. Changing back the port to 8080 worked.

Although 8080 is quite popular port among the containers, isn't it? Hope nothing else will that hell-bent on keeping 8080 :)

Another weird thing - even after changin back to 8080 the webUI works only in Firefox and only in Chrome Incognito mode. It still gives me a blank page in regular Chrome.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 9/27/2017 at 6:19 AM, superderpbro said:

Also getting the blank screen in chrome but working in incognito. Clearing cache logged me out of every website i frequent but didn't help haha :/

qDUjTgT.png

VV0NTGA.png

I figured this out.

Allow popups on the site in your browser and it will load the interface. I'm not sure how it loads as a popup, but it's working lol

Edited by Quiks
On 10/2/2017 at 3:55 PM, Altek86 said:

The port seems to change back every time I change the web port from 8080 to 8081.  Do you know what I am doing wrong.

Are you changing it in the Qbt WEBUI settings or the container?

Edit: I found I had the same issue as you, but was able to figure it out. With the base settings, any time you change the port in the QBT interface, it will reset to 8080 when rebooting the docker.

To fix this, you need 2 changes from the default config.

Remove the original 8080:8080 port map

create a new one 6666:6666 (whatever your new port is)

add a new variable

Key: WEBUI_PORT

Value: 6666 (again, whatever your new port is)

apply this and your UI should now work on the new port.

However, clicking WEBUI on your docker in the UnRaid UI will yield a webpage opening with :8080 which won't load. I'm still trying to figure out how to change the default webpage since it seems hardcoded to 8080.

Hopefully this helps you or anyone else trying to change their port!

edit: I figured out that I had the view on basic. Switched it to advanced, and I can change the default launch URL as well.

That should fix all the issues for everyone.

Woot!

Edited by Quiks
  • Thanks 4
  • Upvote 2
12 hours ago, Quiks said:

I figured this out.

Allow popups on the site in your browser and it will load the interface. I'm not sure how it loads as a popup, but it's working lol

Popups are already allowed :/

EDIT: Hmm.. It works if i manually type in http://192.168.1.2:8080/ .. But not if i access the webui from unraid's webui.

Edited by superderpbro
  • Upvote 1
18 hours ago, Quiks said:

Are you changing it in the Qbt WEBUI settings or the container?

Edit: I found I had the same issue as you, but was able to figure it out. With the base settings, any time you change the port in the QBT interface, it will reset to 8080 when rebooting the docker.

To fix this, you need 2 changes from the default config.

Remove the original 8080:8080 port map

create a new one 6666:6666 (whatever your new port is)

add a new variable

Key: WEBUI_PORT

Value: 6666 (again, whatever your new port is)

apply this and your UI should now work on the new port.

However, clicking WEBUI on your docker in the UnRaid UI will yield a webpage opening with :8080 which won't load. I'm still trying to figure out how to change the default webpage since it seems hardcoded to 8080.

Hopefully this helps you or anyone else trying to change their port!

edit: I figured out that I had the view on basic. Switched it to advanced, and I can change the default launch URL as well.

That should fix all the issues for everyone.

Woot!

It worked beautifully.  you do need to reinstall the app and delete all the data from appdata!

Also you have to add the container port info as well if that wasnt clear enough 6666:6666

Thanks Quiks!

I wonder if that works with all apps like Sabnzbd.  some issue with that one but no worries for me since I could change one.

Edited by Altek86
11 hours ago, superderpbro said:

Popups are already allowed :/

EDIT: Hmm.. It works if i manually type in http://192.168.1.2:8080/ .. But not if i access the webui from unraid's webui.

Weird. I can't reproduce that, so I don't think I'll be of help on that one.

I did have the exact same symptoms you did (where it works correctly in incognito), and I specifically had to unblock pop-ups on that site before it started working normally.

manually "typing it in" working doesn't really make much sense.

It's just passing the URL.

Try manually editing the URL to what you're typing in on the advanced view and see if it starts working.

It does have some PORT:8080 type of syntax by default

5 hours ago, Altek86 said:

It worked beautifully.  you do need to reinstall the app and delete all the data from appdata!

Also you have to add the container port info as well if that wasnt clear enough 6666:6666

Thanks Quiks!

I wonder if that works with all apps like Sabnzbd.  some issue with that one but no worries for me since I could change one.

If I'm understanding correctly, the WEBUI_PORT thing was something specifically added to this container. The main docker page is what led me down the clues to figuring it out. I could be wrong though.

• Upvote 1
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Has anyone been able to get a proxy server to work with this?  Im trying to get my torguard proxy working which works with the windows version of qtorrent but the test torrent is never seen hitting torguards server.

Edit: I ended up working with torguard and for some reason creating a random login made it work.

Edited by Ryland
2 hours ago, Fredrick said:

Hi guys, does anyone know how I can set this up to extract completed torrents? I'm used to the "run upon completion" from Windows where I'd use unrar CLI for this, but in a Docker container I dont have a clue where to start. Thanks :)

Basically install unrar via the nerdpack plugin, then run command on completion:

unrar x "%F/*.r*" "%F/"

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • 4 weeks later...
On 2/10/2018 at 6:11 PM, Fredrick said:

Basically install unrar via the nerdpack plugin, then run command on completion:

unrar x "%F/*.r*" "%F/"

I have installed unrar using nerdpack, but now where I am supposed to write that command? 

Do I have to change something? my downloads in qbittorent are in /downloads/

Edited by L0rdRaiden