[Support] Djoss - CrashPlan PRO (aka CrashPlan for Small Business)

24 minutes ago, acurcione said:

I increased the max mem substantially from the default when blank. I’ll see how that goes. No idea why I’d have that issue all of a sudden though. I’ve literally been running this for years. 

The amount of memory needed directly depends on the amount of data you have to backup, something that probably increases with time.  CrashPlan suggests to allocate about 1GB per TB of backup data.

26 minutes ago, Djoss said:

The amount of memory needed directly depends on the amount of data you have to backup, something that probably increases with time.  CrashPlan suggests to allocate about 1GB per TB of backup data.

Well that’s going to be a problem. I have a total of 37TB currently backed up. It doesn’t go up often any more, but when it does is many GB at a time. 

it’s currently just doing a scan and my memory usage has already doubled from before. I never had this thing stopping like this before and the size hasn’t changed. This is new since the update, but I never did see all those restarts in the logs cause I had no reason to go looking.

If you’re right then even the 6Gb I allocated isn’t going to be enough and I obviously don’t have enough memory to do what’s recommended. Guess I’ll see how this goes. 

FYI - so far so good. Apparently this hasn’t been working for a while even though the thing was running and said everything was backed up. I had a 3TB backlog which I’m guessing is why it kept erroring out after the update. Giving 8GB memory has kept it stable. I have more memory on the way so I’ll allocate more soon. 

Thanks much. 

Having some trouble setting this up and now exactly sure what could be causing the issue. Brand new account, with 2FA enforced. New docker install, log in prompts for email, and then then password. Only error I get is "Unable to sign in." The logs do not indicate any issue and my network settings seem fine. 

Any ideas?  

41 minutes ago, Brian Page said:

Having some trouble setting this up and now exactly sure what could be causing the issue. Brand new account, with 2FA enforced. New docker install, log in prompts for email, and then then password. Only error I get is "Unable to sign in." The logs do not indicate any issue and my network settings seem fine. 

Any ideas?  

Did you check in service.log.0 ?

On 11/16/2023 at 1:10 PM, Djoss said:

Did you check in service.log.0 ?

I'm getting the same error when trying to login. I can't see anything in the log.

[logmonitor     ] Monitoring status file: /config/log/app.log
[supervisor     ] all services started.
[xvnc           ] Fri Nov 17 22:14:53 2023
[xvnc           ]  Connections: accepted: /tmp/vnc.sock
[xvnc           ]  SConnection: Client needs protocol version 3.8
[xvnc           ]  SConnection: Client requests security type None(1)
[xvnc           ]  VNCSConnST:  Server default pixel format depth 24 (32bpp) little-endian rgb888
[xvnc           ]  VNCSConnST:  Client pixel format depth 24 (32bpp) little-endian bgr888
[xvnc           ] Fri Nov 17 22:34:06 2023
[xvnc           ]  VNCSConnST:  closing /tmp/vnc.sock: Clean disconnection
[xvnc           ]  EncodeManager: Framebuffer updates: 2193
[xvnc           ]  EncodeManager:   Tight:
[xvnc           ]  EncodeManager:     Solid: 1.648 krects, 3.23426 Mpixels
[xvnc           ]  EncodeManager:            25.75 KiB (1:491.384 ratio)
[xvnc           ]  EncodeManager:     Bitmap RLE: 112 rects, 33.756 kpixels
[xvnc           ]  EncodeManager:                 3.2666 KiB (1:40.7677 ratio)
[xvnc           ]  EncodeManager:     Indexed RLE: 949 rects, 670.34 kpixels
[xvnc           ]  EncodeManager:                  138.815 KiB (1:18.9434 ratio)
[xvnc           ]  EncodeManager:   Tight (JPEG):
[xvnc           ]  EncodeManager:     Full Colour: 495 rects, 1.68887 Mpixels
[xvnc           ]  EncodeManager:                  787.153 KiB (1:8.38841 ratio)
[xvnc           ]  EncodeManager:   Total: 3.204 krects, 5.62723 Mpixels
[xvnc           ]  EncodeManager:          954.985 KiB (1:23.0568 ratio)
[xvnc           ]  Connections: closed: /tmp/vnc.sock
[xvnc           ]  ComparingUpdateTracker: 14.586 Mpixels in / 3.39759 Mpixels out
[xvnc           ]  ComparingUpdateTracker: (1:4.29305 ratio)
[xvnc           ] Fri Nov 17 22:34:14 2023
[xvnc           ]  Connections: accepted: /tmp/vnc.sock
[xvnc           ]  SConnection: Client needs protocol version 3.8
[xvnc           ] Fri Nov 17 22:34:15 2023
[xvnc           ]  SConnection: Client requests security type None(1)
[xvnc           ]  VNCSConnST:  Server default pixel format depth 24 (32bpp) little-endian rgb888
[xvnc           ]  VNCSConnST:  Client pixel format depth 24 (32bpp) little-endian bgr888

I cannot seem to connect to CrashPlan's servers any longer.  I have since tried by deauthorizing the service.  via the VNC viewer, I get the "Sign into CrashPlan" dialogue where it asks ONLY for your login email address.  When I provide that it spends about a minute and then times out and gives me this error: Unable to sign in. Can't connect to server.

However, from the docker's console window I can type:

nc -vz clients.us1.crashplan.com 4287

And get:

Connection to clients.us1.crashplan.com 4287 port [tcp/*] succeeded!

Per this link from CrashPlan.

I have then tried reinstalling the Docker Image and removing the CrashPlanPRO folder on appdata/

Here's the tail of service.log.0:

[11.19.23 12:19:06.621 INFO  14471715-146 backup42.service.ui.UIController] UI:: UserActionRequest: LoginRequestMessage[1140309700809908276] LOGIN: [email protected], password=****, serverAddress=central.crashplanpro.com:4287
[11.19.23 12:19:06.621 INFO  14471715-146 backup42.service.peer.Authorizer] AUTH:: LOGIN, [email protected], passwordExists=true, requestMessage=LoginRequestMessage[1140309700809908276] LOGIN: [email protected], password=****, serverAddress=central.crashplanpro.com:4287, register=false, firstName=null, lastName=null, registrationKey=null, waitTimeMillis=120000
[11.19.23 12:19:06.622 INFO  46835_AUTH-3 backup42.service.peer.Authorizer] AUTH:: *** START *** with Authorizer@46816286[ LOGIN, [email protected], passwordExists=true]
[11.19.23 12:19:06.622 INFO  46835_AUTH-3 up42.service.peer.PeerController] Attempting to connect to CPC. delay=120000
[11.19.23 12:21:06.632 INFO  46835_AUTH-3 up42.service.peer.PeerController]   Couldn't connect to CPC at known location, attempting to connect to CPC via authority fallbacks list
[11.19.23 12:22:08.047 INFO  DefaultGroup .code42.messaging.peer.PeerGroup] PG::DefaultGroup DONE Managing connected remote peers. numConnected=3, numFailedConnectedCheck=0, duration(ms)=0
[11.19.23 12:22:08.227 INFO  -35-thread-1 systemcheck.BackupLicenseCheckV3] V3 backup isLicenseValid change detected. New value=true, old value=false
[11.19.23 12:22:08.231 INFO  vice RUNNING .service.auth.AccessTokenService] ACCESS_TOKEN:: Requesting access token from authority:  https://console.us2.crashplanpro.com
[11.19.23 12:22:08.250 INFO  ogStatsTimer fileactivity.FileActivityHandler] V3E::FileActivityHandlerStats (15min) [totalEvents=0, interestingEvents=0, scanEvents=0, pathsEnqueued=0, sessionsEnqueued=0]
[11.19.23 12:22:08.539 ERROR vice RUNNING .service.auth.AccessTokenService] ACCESS_TOKEN:: Request status not 200, request failed: 401

and ui.log:

11.19.2023 12:22:6.624 - warn RestAdapter: Error making service request to https://127.0.0.1:4243/v0/LoginRequest : Server Error

Furthermore, I can both nc and ping the following from the logs successfully:

nc:

/tmp # nc -vz central.crashplanpro.com 4287
Connection to central.crashplanpro.com 4287 port [tcp/*] succeeded!

ping:

/tmp # ping console.us2.crashplanpro.com
PING console.us2.crashplanpro.com (108.138.246.63): 56 data bytes
64 bytes from 108.138.246.63: seq=0 ttl=247 time=37.900 ms
64 bytes from 108.138.246.63: seq=1 ttl=247 time=39.575 ms
64 bytes from 108.138.246.63: seq=2 ttl=247 time=39.672 ms
64 bytes from 108.138.246.63: seq=3 ttl=247 time=36.646 ms
64 bytes from 108.138.246.63: seq=4 ttl=247 time=41.601 ms
^C
--- console.us2.crashplanpro.com ping statistics ---
5 packets transmitted, 5 packets received, 0% packet loss
round-trip min/avg/max = 36.646/39.078/41.601 ms

Any advice?  I'm stumped.  Happy to start completely over if folks thinks that will help, but what do I do there?  Remove CrashPlan from the Docker tab and delete /mnt/cache/appdata/CrashPlanPRO?  Anything else?

Edited by chow
Log details.
On 11/19/2023 at 3:39 PM, Djoss said:

Did you try to contact the CrashPlan support team ?  Maybe there is an issue their side ?

It 100% was.  Apologies for the fire drill.  

I am, however, seeing a new and interesting problem.  I have Crashplan Central (i.e. their cloud) and I have a local folder called "Crashplan_Local_Backups" as a second destination where it is backing up Crashplan to /mnt/disk1.  So that location is the same location for all of my backup sets, but some of the sets are reporting:

Archive Missing - Backup location is not accessible.

That said, SOME of the sets have this errors and others do not?

I also cannot log in with the Crashplan Docker. I made an VM Ubuntu 22.04 machine on UnRAID, downloaded and run Crashplan there, and that works. I also asked the support team from CP, what can cause the login issue. Did not get a reply yet.

Can the issue be that the Docker version is voor Small Business, while I have a Pro account? When downloading a installer from their website, it also ask for the version you want to run.

Edited by TallMan206

Is there a walkthrough on how to setup a local backup via Crashplan?  I'd like to use part of my array to backup everything locally, a subset of which gets backed up to Crashplan Central.

I had it working at one point, but now I get a number of "Archive Missing" errors. I have a feeling it has something to do with the volume and how it is mounted (ro?) or with how the share was setup.

When I try to "add a local destination" within the Crashplan app, I navigate to /storage and try to add a folder and get an error that the file system is read only.

When I create a folder on the Shares tab of Unraid and then "add a local destination" of that folder, I get this cryptic:

There was a problem.  Please try again.

Everything is basically default from the App Install:

UID: 99

GID: 100

UMASK: 0000

Anyone get this working?  Would love some pointers.

Edited by chow
On 11/24/2023 at 3:00 PM, chow said:

Is there a walkthrough on how to setup a local backup via Crashplan?  I'd like to use part of my array to backup everything locally, a subset of which gets backed up to Crashplan Central.

I had it working at one point, but now I get a number of "Archive Missing" errors. I have a feeling it has something to do with the volume and how it is mounted (ro?) or with how the share was setup.

When I try to "add a local destination" within the Crashplan app, I navigate to /storage and try to add a folder and get an error that the file system is read only.

When I create a folder on the Shares tab of Unraid and then "add a local destination" of that folder, I get this cryptic:

There was a problem.  Please try again.

Everything is basically default from the App Install:

UID: 99

GID: 100

UMASK: 0000

Anyone get this working?  Would love some pointers.

In container's setting, you need to add a new "Path".  This path should be R/W and will be used to store the local backup.  When you create the path, you map a path in unRAID to a path inside the container.  Inside the container you can simply use something like "/localbackup".

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I created a custom network and set up my reverse proxy to route to the Non-Bridge ports.
Now I would like to remove the Bridge ports to prevent access directly from the local network without going through the reverse proxy. 
The problem I have is that there is no [Remove] button beside the fields of the two Bridge ports.
I also tried to just empty the fields but when I save, the fields are filled back with the default value.

Would it be possible to get those two fields unlocked ? Thanks

1 hour ago, Armaell said:

Here, on the two "Bridge Network Type" there is no remove button.

Capture d'écran 13.12.2023 à 11.44.34 AM.png

These apply only when the "Network Type" setting in the same page is set to "Bridge".  From what I understand, this is not your case.  So the "WEB Port fo rGUI (Bridge Network Type)" and "VNC Port for GUI (Bridge Network Type)" settings don't apply and are not used in your case.

On 6/20/2023 at 10:39 AM, Gico said:

Occasionally (like half the times I try) I can't login the web-ui saying Crashplan is "upgrading to a new version".

Looking at the history log I see these messages beginning on March 10th:

06/20/23 04:55 PM    CrashPlan started, version 11.0.1, GUID 632038001948010500
06/20/23 04:56 PM    Downloading a new version of CrashPlan.
06/20/23 04:57 PM    Download of upgrade failed - version 15252000061111, connection lost.
06/20/23 04:57 PM    Unable to apply upgrade(s), retrying in one hour

Docker image version is 23.06.1 which is the latest. Should the image updated to get rid of this issue?

Thanks.

I didn't see anything listed as a definitive solution to this, but I'm having the same problem. My lead up to the problem is a little different in that I managed to trash my cache drive completely and have been reinstalling from scratch. That got me my old config and the latest container; not sure what version I was on before.

However, at this point, I can't log into the local WebUI either, same message. It is running and is connected to CrashPlan.com and successfully connected last night as checked on crashplan.com. But even after nearly 24 hours, the WebUI still says it's upgrading and won't let me in.

The log is below, I'm not sure where to look to fix this.

[cont-init   ] 10-vnc-password.sh: executing...
[cont-init   ] 10-vnc-password.sh: terminated successfully.
[cont-init   ] 10-web-data.sh: executing...
[cont-init   ] 10-web-data.sh: terminated successfully.
[cont-init   ] 10-x11-unix.sh: executing...
[cont-init   ] 10-x11-unix.sh: terminated successfully.
[cont-init   ] 10-xdg-runtime-dir.sh: executing...
[cont-init   ] 10-xdg-runtime-dir.sh: terminated successfully.
[cont-init   ] 15-cjk-font.sh: executing...
[cont-init   ] 15-cjk-font.sh: terminated successfully.
[cont-init   ] 15-install-pkgs.sh: executing...
[cont-init   ] 15-install-pkgs.sh: terminated successfully.
[cont-init   ] 55-crashplan-pro.sh: executing...
[cont-init   ] 55-crashplan-pro.sh: running the CrashPlan for Small Business version
[cont-init   ] 55-crashplan-pro.sh: terminated successfully.
[cont-init   ] 55-validate_max_mem.sh: executing...
[cont-init   ] 55-validate_max_mem.sh: terminated successfully.
[cont-init   ] 85-take-config-ownership.sh: executing...
[cont-init   ] 85-take-config-ownership.sh: terminated successfully.
[cont-init   ] 89-info.sh: executing...
    ╭――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――╮
    │                                                                      │
    │ Application:           CrashPlan                                     │
    │ Application Version:   11.2.0                                        │
    │ Docker Image Version:  23.12.1                                       │
    │ Docker Image Platform: linux/amd64                                   │
    ╰――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――╯
[cont-init   ] 89-info.sh: terminated successfully.
[cont-init   ] all container initialization scripts executed.
[init        ] giving control to process supervisor.
[supervisor  ] loading services...
[supervisor  ] loading service 'default'...
[supervisor  ] loading service 'app'...
[supervisor  ] loading service 'gui'...
[supervisor  ] loading service 'certsmonitor'...
[supervisor  ] service 'certsmonitor' is disabled.
[supervisor  ] loading service 'nginx'...
[supervisor  ] loading service 'xvnc'...
[supervisor  ] loading service 'openbox'...
[supervisor  ] loading service 'CrashPlanEngine'...
[supervisor  ] loading service 'logmonitor'...
[supervisor  ] loading service 'logrotate'...
[supervisor  ] all services loaded.
[supervisor     ] starting services...
[supervisor     ] starting service 'xvnc'...
[xvnc           ] Xvnc TigerVNC 1.13.1 - built Nov 17 2023 22:53:44
[xvnc           ] Copyright (C) 1999-2022 TigerVNC Team and many others (see README.rst)
[xvnc           ] See https://www.tigervnc.org for information on TigerVNC.
[xvnc           ] Underlying X server release 12014000
[xvnc           ] Sun Dec 17 13:58:14 2023
[xvnc           ]  vncext:      VNC extension running!
[xvnc           ]  vncext:      Listening for VNC connections on /tmp/vnc.sock (mode 0660)
[xvnc           ]  vncext:      Listening for VNC connections on all interface(s), port 5900
[xvnc           ]  vncext:      created VNC server for screen 0
[supervisor     ] starting service 'nginx'...
[nginx          ] Listening for HTTP connections on port 5800.
[supervisor     ] starting service 'openbox'...
[supervisor     ] starting service 'CrashPlanEngine'...
[supervisor     ] starting service 'app'...
[supervisor     ] starting service 'logmonitor'...
[logmonitor     ] Monitoring log file: /config/log/service.log.0
[logmonitor     ] Monitoring status file: /config/log/app.log
[supervisor     ] all services started.
[xvnc           ] Sun Dec 17 14:01:00 2023
[xvnc           ]  Connections: accepted: /tmp/vnc.sock
[xvnc           ]  SConnection: Client needs protocol version 3.8
[xvnc           ]  SConnection: Client requests security type None(1)
[xvnc           ]  VNCSConnST:  Server default pixel format depth 24 (32bpp) little-endian rgb888
[xvnc           ]  VNCSConnST:  Client pixel format depth 24 (32bpp) little-endian bgr888
[xvnc           ]  ComparingUpdateTracker: 0 pixels in / 0 pixels out
[xvnc           ]  ComparingUpdateTracker: (1:-nan ratio)
[xvnc           ] Sun Dec 17 14:02:51 2023
[xvnc           ]  VNCSConnST:  closing /tmp/vnc.sock: Clean disconnection
[xvnc           ]  EncodeManager: Framebuffer updates: 276
[xvnc           ]  EncodeManager:   Tight:
[xvnc           ]  EncodeManager:     Solid: 358 rects, 6.95102 Mpixels
[xvnc           ]  EncodeManager:            5.59375 KiB (1:4854.82 ratio)
[xvnc           ]  EncodeManager:     Bitmap RLE: 9 rects, 22.649 kpixels
[xvnc           ]  EncodeManager:                 303 B (1:299.353 ratio)
[xvnc           ]  EncodeManager:     Indexed RLE: 163 rects, 119.039 kpixels
[xvnc           ]  EncodeManager:                  16.9863 KiB (1:27.4872 ratio)
[xvnc           ]  EncodeManager:   Tight (JPEG):
[xvnc           ]  EncodeManager:     Full Colour: 121 rects, 393.092 kpixels
[xvnc           ]  EncodeManager:                  227.301 KiB (1:6.76167 ratio)
[xvnc           ]  EncodeManager:   Total: 651 rects, 7.4858 Mpixels
[xvnc           ]  EncodeManager:          250.177 KiB (1:116.914 ratio)
[xvnc           ]  Connections: closed: /tmp/vnc.sock
[xvnc           ]  ComparingUpdateTracker: 6.28056 Mpixels in / 4.15748 Mpixels out
[xvnc           ]  ComparingUpdateTracker: (1:1.51067 ratio)

4 hours ago, rbroberts said:

I didn't see anything listed as a definitive solution to this, but I'm having the same problem. My lead up to the problem is a little different in that I managed to trash my cache drive completely and have been reinstalling from scratch. That got me my old config and the latest container; not sure what version I was on before.

Well, I rolled back to 

╭――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――╮
    │ Application:           CrashPlan for Small Business                  │
    │ Application Version:   10.4.1                                        │
    │ Docker Image Version:  22.12.2                                       │
    │ Docker Image Platform: linux/amd64                                   │
    ╰――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――╯

And this works both with Host and Bridge for networking.

I'll try rolling forward step by step and see if it works.

• 4 weeks later...