[Plugin] NUT v2 - Network UPS Tools

dmacias

On 4/1/2023 at 7:13 AM, SimonF said:

@cassiusdrow

I have created a test 2.8 version  https://raw.githubusercontent.com/SimonFair/NUT-unRAID/master/plugin/nut-2.8.0.plg

Only tested on a slave node so far not the netserver one. You will need to remove the orignal plugin to install this version.

Error message in logs. Apr  1 12:10:23 GUITest upsmon[11117]: Login on UPS [[email protected]] failed - got [ERR ACCESS-DENIED] but does connect.

Hi @SimonF, I created a pull request in github with some changes.

• Like 2

This is really interesting

battery.charge: 96
battery.charge.low: 20
battery.charge.warning: 20
battery.runtime: 2334
battery.temperature: 42.9
battery.type: PbAc
battery.voltage: 26.4
battery.voltage.nominal: 27.0
device.mfr: Hewlett-Packard
device.model: HP T1000 G3  UPS
device.part: 502535-001      
device.type: ups
driver.name: usbhid-ups
driver.parameter.pollfreq: 30
driver.parameter.pollinterval: 2
driver.parameter.port: auto
driver.parameter.synchronous: no
driver.version: 2.7.4.1
driver.version.data: TrippLite HID 0.82
driver.version.internal: 0.53
driver.version.usb: libusb-1.0.22 (API: 0x1000106)
input.frequency: 50.0
input.transfer.high: 266.0
input.transfer.low: 194.0
input.voltage: 234.0
input.voltage.nominal: 230
output.current: 0.0
output.frequency: 50.0
output.frequency.nominal: 50
output.voltage: 234.0
output.voltage.nominal: 230
ups.beeper.status: enabled
ups.delay.shutdown: 20
ups.delay.start: 30
ups.firmware: 264
ups.load: 10
ups.load.nominal: 80
ups.mfr: Hewlett-Packard
ups.model: HP T1000 G3  UPS
ups.power: 67.0
ups.power.nominal: 1000
ups.productid: 1fe2
ups.status: OL CHRG
ups.test.result: No test initiated
ups.timer.reboot: -1
ups.timer.shutdown: -1
ups.timer.start: -1
ups.vendorid: 03f0

When I first hooked everything up the voltage was 27.1V. Now 3 days later it's dropped. No idea what's wrong, interesting. I kinda want to run a self test and discharge test and see if UPS will recharge batteries.

On 4/1/2023 at 4:13 AM, SimonF said:

@cassiusdrow

I have created a test 2.8 version  https://raw.githubusercontent.com/SimonFair/NUT-unRAID/master/plugin/nut-2.8.0.plg

Only tested on a slave node so far not the netserver one. You will need to remove the orignal plugin to install this version.

I installed this and it's working via SNMP in Standalone mode. It pulls in all the typical tings, but for Nominal Power it just shows a red W and UPS load is showing a hyphen (The UPS Load % does show a number however) and the status on the bottom shows the wattage (2358w).

NUT1.jpg

NUT2.jpg

On 12/26/2022 at 4:07 PM, warp760 said:

Powerwalker VI 1000 RT doesnt works

According to the compatibility list, blazer_usb should be used. Then there is no data / connection at all. If I go to autodetect (unraid server), comes usbhid_ups and also data. However, I get a rhythm every 5 minutes that the UPS has failed. If I switch off the power, the message only comes up after 5 minutes.

I have the same issue, unraid logs and notifications are flooded with "ups on line power" and "ups on battery" constantly even tho the input power is solid.

Did you ever manage to fix this?

Quick question from a brand new UnRaid user...

I've got NUT installed now (beautiful work btw) and my generic UPS is detected and working fine.

Would it be possible to have NUT on my UnRaid server signal another server that's on the UPS (but not connected to the USB) to shutdown when the power fails?

If this is already a feature and I'm just being stupid from sleep deprivation, thanks, but how do I implement it?

20 minutes ago, OtherWorldsTV said:

Quick question from a brand new UnRaid user...

I've got NUT installed now (beautiful work btw) and my generic UPS is detected and working fine.

Would it be possible to have NUT on my UnRaid server signal another server that's on the UPS (but not connected to the USB) to shutdown when the power fails?

If this is already a feature and I'm just being stupid from sleep deprivation, thanks, but how do I implement it?

Setting UPS mode to Netserver, then it will serve others network client, the UPS name and username setting just for share to Qnap NAS, it can be anything you like.

image.png.3f5ef433fd48d05f8dedbca7a543e76d.png

Edited by Vr2Io
  • Like 1
25 minutes ago, Masterwishx said:

is someone using Eaton 9E2000i maybe ?

Buyed this UPS , its in the way for me and wondering if should i use Unraid UPS Settings or this plugin ?

inbuild ups settings is for apc ups devices but has been seen to work with Eaton. if it does not work try nut. Eaton IPM is based on nut.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 4/6/2023 at 5:08 PM, FUser said:

I installed this and it's working via SNMP in Standalone mode. It pulls in all the typical tings, but for Nominal Power it just shows a red W and UPS load is showing a hyphen (The UPS Load % does show a number however) and the status on the bottom shows the wattage (2358w).

NUT1.jpg

NUT2.jpg

I have a similar issue. When I run apcupsd, I get all information, including load, nominal power, etc. With NUT, I get a red W for nominal, and no data for load or load%. I'm trying to run NUT so I can scrape it with prometheus, since I'm already running it on an RPI hooked up to another UPS.

9 minutes ago, LilDrunkenSmurf said:

I have a similar issue. When I run apcupsd, I get all information, including load, nominal power, etc. With NUT, I get a red W for nominal, and no data for load or load%. I'm trying to run NUT so I can scrape it with prometheus, since I'm already running it on an RPI hooked up to another UPS.

Which nut version are you running?

Can you provide output of config screen

3 minutes ago, LilDrunkenSmurf said:

Apparently, the apcuspd-ups driver pulls from the apcupsd daemon. So I can run APC, and pull the data in, which is working. Works for me, for now:

1389035305_Screenshot2023-04-20at15_25_29.thumb.png.cee8f1cebcae73ea8efdb76e9469a066.png

If you want just to use nut you may need to change power and load settings to manual in display settings with 750va and 500w may provide loadi etc

Finnaly got Eaton 9E2000i and its working fine with Apcd , but wanted to check NUT ,and some details missing like serial number

device.model = unknown 2000, ups.model = unknown 2000 , i wanted to set  apcupsd-ups(8) for more compatible but didnt fined it .... can i fix those  (unknown data?)

image.thumb.png.4b958d44768af67452639c93a3a5a252.png

17 minutes ago, Masterwishx said:

checked 2.8.0 but still have unknown ups and model and no serial number :( 

image.thumb.png.225aaac265212644b0fddd9ca45ebcb4.png

The values are likely to be denpendant on info the UPS sends.  this is the command that is run  upsc ups where the send value is the defined ups name.

13 hours ago, SimonF said:

The values are likely to be denpendant on info the UPS sends.  this is the command that is run  upsc ups where the send value is the defined ups name.

So i cant change it or fix it? i also opened the issue on github for it https://github.com/networkupstools/nut/issues/1925

and having some suggestion from authors:

(

attempt to start the driver with higher debug verbosity -DDDDDD on command line, which should print out many "Path" lines from basic USB report descriptors that it finds. From those we can try to estimate IDs that are missing in current driver.

If it is possible to try building NUT from source to the extent of trying to make an usb-hid subdriver (see docs directory in github), that would even parse such findings into C mapping tables that we can merge with existing subdriver.

)

https://github.com/networkupstools/nut/issues/1925#issuecomment-1519636488

• Rysz featured this topic