[Support] Rocket.Chat

After recent update the following will appear in rocketchat logs and just not proceed any further.

Change Stream is available for your installation, give admin permissions to your database user to use this improved version.

This isnt the first time ive had an issue like this. Had the same issue a while back and re installed everything. I havent put it back into use as I wanted to monitor a few updates before I did. And now this again. 

Any idea what to do?

need some help applying updates/hotfixes;

• Security Alert Important Cross-Site-Scripting (XSS) security fix. Please upgrade as soon as possible. 3.9.3 / 3.8.4 / 3.7.4 / 2.4.14 / 1.3.5 

• Security Alert Critical security hotfix for Live Chat available in our latest releases 3.10.5, 3.9.7, 3.8.8. Please upgrade as soon as possible.

how do i go about applying these updates/fixes, currently unraid shows up-to-date

Screenshot (12).png

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/12/2021 at 11:23 AM, Tolete said:

need some help applying updates/hotfixes;

• Security Alert Important Cross-Site-Scripting (XSS) security fix. Please upgrade as soon as possible. 3.9.3 / 3.8.4 / 3.7.4 / 2.4.14 / 1.3.5 

• Security Alert Critical security hotfix for Live Chat available in our latest releases 3.10.5, 3.9.7, 3.8.8. Please upgrade as soon as possible.

how do i go about applying these updates/fixes, currently unraid shows up-to-date

Screenshot (12).png

Is this still being updated and supported? I am also wondering how to upgrade. The dockerhub link is dead. If it is no longer supported is there a safe way to migrate to the official docker or do we need to rebuild from scratch?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 2/9/2021 at 2:57 PM, tazire said:

After recent update the following will appear in rocketchat logs and just not proceed any further.

Change Stream is available for your installation, give admin permissions to your database user to use this improved version.

This isnt the first time ive had an issue like this. Had the same issue a while back and re installed everything. I havent put it back into use as I wanted to monitor a few updates before I did. And now this again. 

Any idea what to do?

I'm having the same problem with my install. Please update if you find anything and I'll do the same.

On 8/11/2021 at 8:02 PM, phreeq said:

I'm having the same problem with my install. Please update if you find anything and I'll do the same.

I did get this sorted. It was a security file which isnt mentioned in the spaceinvaderone video. I'll edit this post when I find it but I cant for the life of me remember where I found it at the moment. It was just a copy paste thing so I dont remember the details atm I'm afraid. 

I will say I havent actually put RC back into use like I had it but the container is there, running just fine ready for whenever/ if I ever decide to use it. 

EDIT

That solved my issues.

Edited by tazire
  • Thanks 2
4 hours ago, tazire said:

I did get this sorted. It was a security file which isnt mentioned in the spaceinvaderone video. I'll edit this post when I find it but I cant for the life of me remember where I found it at the moment. It was just a copy paste thing so I dont remember the details atm I'm afraid. 

I will say I havent actually put RC back into use like I had it but the container is there, running just fine ready for whenever/ if I ever decide to use it. 

EDIT

That solved my issues.

Now I remember. I saw this info once before and halfway did it but didn't finish the process because, at the time, I wasn't having any issues. Now that I've finished the last couple of steps, my server is back up and running and my RPG group is cheering.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 10/29/2021 at 3:26 PM, tazire said:

I could but tbh I kinda like that I've been able to to everything I've needed through docker alone. I have 0 VM's setup and havent needed them. And this docker just hasnt worked consistently for me. 

It was just a suggestion. Use it or don't :)

• 4 months later...

if you are seen  in the log

-Stop the Rocket.Chat Container

-Edit Container

-Add another Path, Port, Variable, Label or Device

rocketchat.png.63e8f12126ea6ee19b65d8d967fb7d90.png

-Key:USE_NATIVE_OPLOG

-Value:true

-Save/Apply

-Start Rocket.Chat Container

rocketchat2.png.16bad3195e35e94ea5dd955d4f802a4a.png

-Resolved.

Edited by Tolete
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure it belongs here, but Googling didn't help me.

How do you make a public/anonymous channel that you don't need a user to access?
I can't get it to work, and everything I find about it, is years old with solutions that doesn't work for me, or they have no replies.

Any ideas?

• 1 month later...

with me the installation does not work can someone help me :/

Config:

https://ibb.co/ZcQsM4w

Log:

ErrorWarningSystemArrayLogin

/app/bundle/programs/server/node_modules/fibers/future.js:313
throw(ex);
^

MongoServerSelectionError: connect EHOSTUNREACH 192.168.2.13:27017
at Timeout._onTimeout (/app/bundle/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/npm-mongo/node_modules/mongodb/lib/core/sdam/topology.js:437:30)
at listOnTimeout (internal/timers.js:557:17)
at processTimers (internal/timers.js:500:7) {
reason: TopologyDescription {
type: 'Single',
setName: null,
maxSetVersion: null,
maxElectionId: null,
servers: Map(1) {
'192.168.2.13:27017' => ServerDescription {
address: '192.168.2.13:27017',
error: Error: connect EHOSTUNREACH 192.168.2.13:27017

at TCPConnectWrap.afterConnect [as oncomplete] (net.js:1159:16) {
name: 'MongoNetworkError'
},
roundTripTime: -1,
lastUpdateTime: 76443631,
lastWriteDate: null,
opTime: null,
type: 'Unknown',
topologyVersion: undefined,
minWireVersion: 0,
maxWireVersion: 0,
hosts: [],
passives: [],
arbiters: [],
tags: []
}
},
stale: false,
compatible: true,
compatibilityError: null,
logicalSessionTimeoutMinutes: null,
heartbeatFrequencyMS: 10000,
localThresholdMS: 15,
commonWireVersion: null
}
}

• 4 weeks later...

about send email

i got the problem

Exception in defer callback: [Error: 23084885911424:error:1408F10B:SSL routines:ssl3_get_record:wrong version number:../deps/openssl/openssl/ssl/record/ssl3_record.c:332:
] {
  library: 'SSL routines',
  function: 'ssl3_get_record',
  reason: 'wrong version number',
  code: 'ESOCKET',
  command: 'CONN'
}

please help me

thank you

• 1 month later...

Trying to get federation working with rocket.chat.  I have everything running fine with the installation thanks to SP1, but when I go to Administration, Settings, Federation, the Public Key is empty.  This may be a dumb question, but the documentation says this is generated by Rocket.Chat, so how do I get it to populate or does anyone know if there is another way to do this.

TIA

13 hours ago, avinyc said:

Trying to get federation working with rocket.chat.  I have everything running fine with the installation thanks to SP1, but when I go to Administration, Settings, Federation, the Public Key is empty.  This may be a dumb question, but the documentation says this is generated by Rocket.Chat, so how do I get it to populate or does anyone know if there is another way to do this.

TIA

So I was able to determine the installation with reverse proxy is causing the setup problems.  Port 3000 is being refused for connections and it was screwing up the setup wizard's ability to complete.  I have a public key auto-generated, but with reverse proxy on, I still cannot get federation to work with port 3000.  I have reviewed the SP1 subdomain.conf and the one posted in the rocketchat docs, no clue what I need to do to fix this.  If someone has any insight, I would appreciate it.

Thank you!

On 7/16/2022 at 7:36 AM, avinyc said:

So I was able to determine the installation with reverse proxy is causing the setup problems.  Port 3000 is being refused for connections and it was screwing up the setup wizard's ability to complete.  I have a public key auto-generated, but with reverse proxy on, I still cannot get federation to work with port 3000.  I have reviewed the SP1 subdomain.conf and the one posted in the rocketchat docs, no clue what I need to do to fix this.  If someone has any insight, I would appreciate it.

Thank you!

I'll give this another week or so to troubleshoot and see if anyone is monitoring this topic for support.  I have tried multiple fresh reinstalls (both mongodb and rocketchat), checked the port 3000 is not conflicting and open on my router (port forwarding rule set up and checked on https://portchecker.co/ to confirm it is open), tried both SP1 one's rocketchat.subdomain.conf and rocket.chat's doc suggested settings, and set up on cloudflare the proper SRV and TXT records to get green check marks on Federation for everything except the port 3000.  I am assuming the reason I can only connect through the web browser and not on the android app is related to this error.

I'm clearly making a mistake somewhere or (less likely but possible) this is still a buggy mess to work with reliably.  If this is too difficult for me to figure out, I will try setting up matrix, element (formerly riot) and jitsi meet instead.  I appreciate anyone taking the time to look at this and let me know if they have any ideas or pointers that could fix this.

Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, 9BAR said:

Updated my image today and now I'm seeing RC can't connect to the database (mongodb 5.x). Can't resolve the (previously working) address.

Ideas?

Adding the argument "directConnection=true" to the end of my MONGO_URL variable seems to have resolved the error. Should look something like this now:

mongodb://rocketchat:<password>@<localhost>:27017/rocketchat?directConnection=true

Still trying to research the ramifications of passing this argument -- but RC seems happy and we're making writes to the DB. Please, if anyone smarter than me can pipe up, I'm all ears. For now, I'm assuming this is alright.

15 hours ago, 9BAR said:

Adding the argument "directConnection=true" to the end of my MONGO_URL variable seems to have resolved the error. Should look something like this now:

mongodb://rocketchat:<password>@<localhost>:27017/rocketchat?directConnection=true

Still trying to research the ramifications of passing this argument -- but RC seems happy and we're making writes to the DB. Please, if anyone smarter than me can pipe up, I'm all ears. For now, I'm assuming this is alright.

I've had the exact same problem today, and the above argument seems to have fixed the issue. However, I can see the below error in the logs right after > SERVER RUNNING. Would appreciate any insights on this.

+--------------------------------------------------+
|                  SERVER RUNNING                  |
|                                                  |
|  Rocket.Chat Version: 5.0.1                      |
|       NodeJS Version: 14.19.3 - x64              |
|      MongoDB Version: 5.0.10                     |
|       MongoDB Engine: unknown                    |
|             Platform: linux                      |
|         Process Port: 3000                       |
|             Site URL: https://xxx  |
|     ReplicaSet OpLog: Enabled                    |
|          Commit Hash: xxx                 |
|        Commit Branch: HEAD                       |
|                                                  |
=== UnHandledPromiseRejection ===
MongoServerSelectionError: getaddrinfo ENOTFOUND mongodatabase
    at Timeout._onTimeout (/app/bundle/programs/server/npm/node_modules/mongodb/lib/sdam/topology.js:306:38)
    at processTimers (internal/timers.js:500:7)
 => awaited here:
    at Function.Promise.await (/app/bundle/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/promise/node_modules/meteor-promise/promise_server.js:56:12)
    at server/database/DatabaseWatcher.ts:96:3
    at /app/bundle/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/promise/node_modules/meteor-promise/fiber_pool.js:43:40 {
    type: 'ReplicaSetNoPrimary',
    servers: Map(1) { 'mongodatabase:27017' => [ServerDescription] },
    setName: 'rs01',
    maxSetVersion: 1,
    maxElectionId: new ObjectId("7fffffff0000000000000034"),
    commonWireVersion: 13,
    logicalSessionTimeoutMinutes: undefined
  },
  code: undefined,
  [Symbol(errorLabels)]: Set(0) {}
}
---------------------------------
Errors like this can cause oplog processing errors.
Setting EXIT_UNHANDLEDPROMISEREJECTION will cause the process to exit allowing your service to automatically restart the process
Future node.js versions will automatically exit the process
=================================

Everything was working fine for me until I updated. Now rocket chat will not start, I removed and reinstalled both mongodb and rocket chat to no avail.

This is the error I am getting.

/app/bundle/programs/server/node_modules/fibers/future.js:313
                                                throw(ex);
                                                ^

MongoServerSelectionError: getaddrinfo ENOTFOUND http
    at Timeout._onTimeout (/app/bundle/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/npm-mongo/node_modules/mongodb/lib/sdam/topology.js:312:38)
    at processTimers (internal/timers.js:500:7) {
    servers: Map(1) {
      'http:27017' => ServerDescription {
        _hostAddress: HostAddress { isIPv6: false, host: 'http', port: 27017 },
        address: 'http:27017',
        hosts: [],
        passives: [],
        arbiters: [],
        tags: {},
        minWireVersion: 0,
        maxWireVersion: 0,
        roundTripTime: -1,
        lastUpdateTime: 9433577,
        lastWriteDate: 0,
        error: MongoNetworkError: getaddrinfo ENOTFOUND http
            at connectionFailureError (/app/bundle/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/npm-mongo/node_modules/mongodb/lib/cmap/connect.js:381:20)
            at Socket.<anonymous> (/app/bundle/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/npm-mongo/node_modules/mongodb/lib/cmap/connect.js:301:22)
            at Object.onceWrapper (events.js:520:26)
            at Socket.emit (events.js:400:28)
            at emitErrorNT (internal/streams/destroy.js:106:8)
            at emitErrorCloseNT (internal/streams/destroy.js:74:3)
            at processTicksAndRejections (internal/process/task_queues.js:82:21)
      }
    },
    logicalSessionTimeoutMinutes: undefined
  }
}