81 posts in this topic Last Reply

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

unRAID 6.4 introduces encrypted volumes and allows individual disks to be protected by encryption. The passphrase or keyfile which is used to unlock encryption is not permanently stored on t

I thought I'd share how you can enhanced the go file by reducing the six lines to a single command and it's not by using another script.  You can create a tar ball that contains the fetch_key and dele

Just an FYI, in the USA, you can be compelled by a court to provide biometrics, you CANNOT be compelled to reveal a password, as fifth amendment protection is applied to things you know, vs. things yo

Posted Images

Hi,

thanks for all the good information about this topic.

Currently I try to use it with the "next" Unraid 6.9.0-rc2 release.

Its not working for me, therefore I wanted to ask if anyone has already tried this.

Maybe the problem is about the event folder:

ls -la /usr/local/emhttp/webGui/event/
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root   60 Aug 31  2018 array_started/
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root   60 Mar  2  2019 disks_mounted/
drwxrwxrwx 2 root root   60 Jan 27 23:42 started/
drwxrwxrwx 2 root root   60 Jan 27 23:42 starting/
drwxrwxrwx 2 root root   60 Jan 27 23:42 stopped/
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root   60 Aug 31  2018 stopping_array/
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root   60 Mar  2  2019 unmounting_disks/

Are the folder / event names changed to the new names: array_started, disks_mounted, stopping_array and unmounting_disks?

started, starting and stopped just containing the delete_key and fetch_key scripts I've copied to this location.

Thanks in advance

Namru

Those are all standard Unraid events and have not changed in a long time.

I would not suggest you change them as that could have unforeseen side-effects - you should be able to what you want via the ‘go’ file I think

ok thank you, now I was able to found my problem.

I had to add chmod u+x to the delete_key and fetch_key scripts within my go file.

The /boot is a vfat formated stick so it doesn't understand these rights.

So now its working :)

I'm also another Bitlocker transplant looking for a similar solution or even an auto-decrypt with a stored key. I'm not trying to keep out the NSA or hackers (a $5 wrench would beat the password out of a determined attacker anyway). I just don't want my files to be recoverable if a drive fails and I need to dispose of it.

• 2 months later...

did anyone try to use this with a cloud service ? and can you change the passphrase or in order to change you have to format HDD again ? 

Edited by Danuel