[Support] binhex - qBittorrentVPN

11 hours ago, Goofyman23 said:

For giggles, I wiped out any orphaned images as well as appdata\binhex-qbittorrentvpn then re-pulled using binhex/arch-qbittorrentvpn:4.6.0-1-01

following this, so two questions for you:-

1. what is the ip of the machine running the web browser? i see you have switched your LAN_NETWORK back to 192.168.1.0/24 (it was 192.168.50.0/24), is this correct?, see Q4 if you are unsure what this should be set to:- https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/vpn.md

2. are you still seeing the following in the latest /config/supervisord.log file?, if so this will prevent the ui from being accessible (taken from your last posted supervisord.log file):-

[warn] Unable to successfully download PIA json payload from URL....

6 hours ago, CopesaCola said:

Adding this as the host ip for qBit in radarr didn't work, did you mean to put it elsewhere?

Another option would be to whitelist connections from your local network.

IMG_2629.thumb.jpeg.b3d5a7508d9d9155f8e09d804babbb27.jpeg

172.17.0.0/24 is the network assigned to docker0 in my unRAID machine. You can verify yours by checking Settings>Network Settings>Routing Tables.

3 minutes ago, wgstarks said:

Is that the network assignment being used by docker0 in your routing table? Also, did you change the IP in Radarr/Sonarr to match?

That is the docker0 assignment.

Do you mean changing the host IP in radarr/sonarr to 172? If so that also does not work.

I have the Network Type in the docker settings set to custom: br0 if that matters

1 hour ago, CopesaCola said:

I have the Network Type in the docker settings set to custom: br0 if that matters

I would think it does. You could test that by switching to bridge.

Im sure there’s some way to get this to work with custom networks but I don’t have much experience with them. Perhaps @binhex can help.

15 minutes ago, Goofyman23 said:

I appear to have a working container now (big thank you to @wgstarks). Is there a way to verify everything is indeed tunnelling properly via my VPN?

go to https://ipleak.net/

Click 'Torrent Address detection' and get the magnet link, add to torrent client and it should update with an IP. Hopefully different to your IP on ipleaks. you can also put that IP in the search just to confirm the country.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, wgstarks said:

I would think it does. You could test that by switching to bridge.

Im sure there’s some way to get this to work with custom networks but I don’t have much experience with them. Perhaps @binhex can help.

Honestly I was just following a YouTube tutorial for most of the setup, I don’t think I need a custom network if bridge mode will work. Will try when I’m home

Sometime today, my QBitTorrent started erroring on all new torrents immediately after being added. Torrents that were already finished and seeding are still working fine. I have tried reinstalling, rebooting, and updating to the newest docker container but am still having this issue. Attached are my docker logs. The share still has over 2 TB of empty space.

Error.jpg

dockerLog.txt

1 hour ago, doshbox said:

Sometime today, my QBitTorrent started erroring on all new torrents immediately after being added. Torrents that were already finished and seeding are still working fine. I have tried reinstalling, rebooting, and updating to the newest docker container but am still having this issue. Attached are my docker logs. The share still has over 2 TB of empty space.

Error.jpg

dockerLog.txt 3.09 kB · 3 downloads

The log you posted is just the tail of a log but it shows a successful start of the container. I think I would try switching to another port forwarding server and see if performance improves.

Greetings! I'm seeking assistance with an issue I've encountered. I've had this container operating smoothly in the past. However, something appears to have gone awry overnight, and I'm having difficulty identifying the root cause of the problem, however I have some ideas. It seems that the qBit container is no longer able to use plugins receiving this message:

"There aren't any search plugins installed. Click the "Search plugins..." button at the bottom right of the window to install some."

This has prevented me from using the plugins to use the search feature in qBit. So I refollowed the directions and go to the https://github.com/qbittorrent/search-plugins/wiki/Unofficial-search-plugins where I previously added the .py / url plugins. But when adding the .py or url nothing populates or updates regarding having the plugin active.

But reading the entire github page, I see this message at the top:

"⚠️ We removed support for Python 2. Please upgrade to Python 3 to continue using the search function. The minimum supported Python version (across all platforms) is specified at here."

So my question is this the issue? Is my qBit using python 2, and now it's unsupported, needing me to update to python 3? Do I wait for an update or is this something I do myself and if so how would I do so?

I appreciate any thoughts on this and if anyone is having this same issue!

19 hours ago, wgstarks said:

The log you posted is just the tail of a log but it shows a successful start of the container. I think I would try switching to another port forwarding server and see if performance improves.

EDIT: DISREGARD! My share's minimum free space was set too high, and I was unable to add anything else to it, causing the issue. 

Would you be able to go into more detail about how to do that? I tried updating the endpoint in the wg0.conf but was unable to connect after doing so. Please let me know if there is anything else I can provide.

Edited by doshbox
22 minutes ago, doshbox said:

Would you be able to go into more detail about how to do that? I tried updating the endpoint in the wg0.conf but was unable to connect after doing so. Please let me know if there is anything else I can provide.

Sorry, I don’t use wireguard. With OpenVPN you can just edit the ovpn file.

On 11/26/2023 at 7:23 AM, nraygun said:

FWIW, I found this method in Reddit that seemed to work for me until they fix the log bug. But note if you have qbittorrent internet facing, it's a risk.

Adding this line under [Preferences], in the config file, works, for setting the default password manually to: adminadmin

WebUI\Password_PBKDF2="@ByteArray(ARQ77eY1NUZaQsuDHbIMCA==:0WMRkYTUWVT9wVvdDtHAjU9b3b7uB8NR1Gur2hmQCvCDpm39Q+PsJRJPaCU51dEiz+dTzh8qbPsL8WkFljQYFQ==)"

Appreciate this!

This worked for me and then I updated the password.

I setup a sonarr/radarr/qbit setup a few days ago and managed to get everything to work. Except when I start a download through sonarr/radarr the files start downloading in the main /data/torrent folder rather than the subfolders such as /data/torrent/movies.

After researching this issue for days, I cant figure out what is wrong. So any help would be appreciated.

3 hours ago, Baythar said:

I setup a sonarr/radarr/qbit setup a few days ago and managed to get everything to work. Except when I start a download through sonarr/radarr the files start downloading in the main /data/torrent folder rather than the subfolders such as /data/torrent/movies.

After researching this issue for days, I cant figure out what is wrong. So any help would be appreciated.

Typically your incomplete downloads would go to one folder (example: /data/incomplete) and once the download is complete they’ll be moved to another folder (example: /data/radarr). Post screenshots of your Downloads settings in qbit if you want.

4 hours ago, Baythar said:

Or perhaps you have not setup "Categories"?

4 hours ago, wgstarks said:

Or perhaps you have not setup "Categories"?

I have setup the categories inside of Qbit and linked sonarr/radarr with them. When I start a download through radarr/sonarr the download will go into the right category within Qbit. But the files themselves are still in the /data/torrent rather than /data/torrent/movies for the category I want. Once the download is done the files are moved to the correct folders in data/media/movies or /tv working like it should

every guide I have triple checked shows that how I have it setup should work no problem. I have tried changing the save path of each category but that doesn't seem to do anything and no guide talks about it.

Screenshot 2024-01-07 125310.png

Screenshot 2024-01-07 125939.png