[Support] binhex - qBittorrentVPN

18 minutes ago, robertpaolella said:

I am trying to make my qbit accessible remotely. Do I need to do anything other than mapping the port I want to connect with to IP:8080 on my router? That's what I've tried so far and it spins and spins but never resolves.

You need to whitelist the remote address you are connecting from. The allowed addresses need to be put into the LAN_NETWORK value of the container.

18 minutes ago, JonathanM said:

You need to whitelist the remote address you are connecting from. The allowed addresses need to be put into the LAN_NETWORK value of the container.

I've now added my public IP (that I am connecting from) to LAN_NETWORK as shown below and when I connect now, it says unauthorized.

-e LAN_NETWORK=192.168.1.0/24,xx.xxx.xxx.xx \

2 minutes ago, robertpaolella said:

I've now added my public IP (that I am connecting from) to LAN_NETWORK as shown below and when I connect now, it says unauthorized.

-e LAN_NETWORK=192.168.1.0/24,xx.xxx.xxx.xx \

This is a really bad idea. You’re basically giving access to everyone. A cloudflare tunnel, OpenVPN or wireguard would be much better.

Also, the LAN Network setting should be in the format xx.xxx.xxx.xx/xx.

1 minute ago, wgstarks said:

This is a really bad idea. You’re basically giving access to everyone. A cloudflare tunnel, OpenVPN or wireguard would be much better.

Also, the LAN Network setting should be in the format xx.xxx.xxx.xx/xx.

I'm open to suggestions on a better way to do it. All I want to do is provide access to this container to an Autobrr at a different IP.

3 hours ago, robertpaolella said:

I'm open to suggestions on a better way to do it. All I want to do is provide access to this container to an Autobrr at a different IP.

Running any of them on your router would give you secure access to the LAN if the router supports it. Fairly sure there is also a zero trust docker that would let you point a cloudflare tunnel to your unRAID server. I personally use an OpenVPN server running on my router.

On 8/22/2022 at 9:13 AM, SnugglyDino said:

Is it possible to use theme.park themes with binhex containers? I see they support linuxserver and hotio containers but nothing on theme.park talks about binhex.

Bump on this as it was never answered.

Is this possible to add via variables in docker compose as per https://docs.theme-park.dev/setup/#docker-mods

Would be super easy to change themes this way on many dockers

Been having 2 Performance warning alerts with qBittorrent that no matter what I change in advanced setting will not resolve. I have googled endlessly but to no avail.

The 1st warning appears randomly on any torrent with no clear cause of event is;

“Performance alert: [Redacted] : performance warning: the disk queue limit is too high compared to the cache size. The disk queue eats into the cache size.”

The 2nd warning appears in batches of 30 or 40 warnings in 1-to-2-hour period, again random torrents with no clear cause of event;

“Performance alert: [Redacted] : performance warning: max outstanding piece requests reached.”

My system is 11700k with 32GIB of DDR4 ram 2666mhz – With everything running 10 x Dockers, Active “parity check”, multiple torrents downloading, Jellyfin active and transcoding etc I never seen anything over 30% usage on the total ram so I have set qBittorrent to utilise 8gb of ram in advanced settings to the below screenshot.

EDIT: All downloads are on a single pool device - 1 x 8TB Seagate Exos 7E10 3.5"

Please if anyone has any advice or suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.

303634983_Screenshot2023-08-02122939.thumb.jpg.3302f2fee8d274b116a5979f85f4b8b5.jpg

Edited by wacko37

EDIT: All downloads are on a single pool device - 1 x 8TB Seagate Exos 7E10 3.5"

This will most probably be the reason for warning #1 spinning rust is slow, also check if the drive is fragmented, my advice would be to buy yourself a 1TB nvme or SSD if you want to save yourself some pennies.

Sent from my 22021211RG using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, binhex said:

This will most probably be the reason for warning #1 spinning rust is slow, also check if the drive is fragmented, my advice would be to buy yourself a 1TB nvme or SSD if you want to save yourself some pennies.

Thanks for the advise binhex and thankyou for all your efforts and time, I have several of your containers on the go ATM.

With the 1tb drive SSD, do you mean set it up like a cache? Much like the cache for main array? Could I utilise "keep incomplete torrent in"  option in qbit to TMP download to the SSD then move them over?

Thanks for the advise binhex and thankyou for all your efforts and time, I have several of your containers on the go ATM.

With the 1tb drive SSD, do you mean set it up like a cache? Much like the cache for main array? Could I utilise "keep incomplete torrent in"  option in qbit to TMP download to the SSD then move them over?
Yes set it as cache and then use mover or the arrs to move to the array

35 minutes ago, binhex said:

Yes set it as cache and then use mover or the arrs to move to the array

My setup is different as my Downloads share is setup as a separate pool device for various reason. (see photo) Sadly this prevents me from using Cache Pool and Mover. 

But you've got me thinking......Dangerous! Maybe I can utilise qBits "keep incomplete torrent in"  option and point that Temp folder to qBits AppData folder which is permanently on the cache and once download is finished its auto moved by qBit to "default save location" My only worry would be I have "run external Program" utilised which would be vital that the files are indeed in the "default save". I wonder is qBits trigger for "download Finished" before or after that auto move is fully complete.

Screenshot 2023-08-02 222517.png

Edited by wacko37

@binhex I will test the above and report back, fingers crossed that will work as I intend, might help others out in the future.

While I have your valued attention,  regarding my original post below did that 2nd error mean anything to you? I'm getting about 650 reports in a 12hour period. Googling points to external client issue.

Lastly my "advanced" qBit settings, Sadly I have NO idea what to tweak or adjust based on my system, is there anything you would advise changing? I understand if that's to much to ask maybe I should be asking elsewhere but worth a shot.

10 hours ago, wacko37 said:

Been having 2 Performance warning alerts with qBittorrent that no matter what I change in advanced setting will not resolve. I have googled endlessly but to no avail.

The 1st warning appears randomly on any torrent with no clear cause of event is;

“Performance alert: [Redacted] : performance warning: the disk queue limit is too high compared to the cache size. The disk queue eats into the cache size.”

The 2nd warning appears in batches of 30 or 40 warnings in 1-to-2-hour period, again random torrents with no clear cause of event;

“Performance alert: [Redacted] : performance warning: max outstanding piece requests reached.”

My system is 11700k with 32GIB of DDR4 ram 2666mhz – With everything running 10 x Dockers, Active “parity check”, multiple torrents downloading, Jellyfin active and transcoding etc I never seen anything over 30% usage on the total ram so I have set qBittorrent to utilise 8gb of ram in advanced settings to the below screenshot.

Please if anyone has any advice or suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.

303634983_Screenshot2023-08-02122939.thumb.jpg.3302f2fee8d274b116a5979f85f4b8b5.jpg

qBittorrent has for some reason started complaining about my password after I updated Unraid to 6.12.3

I didn't have this problem before at all. I haven't changed my username and password either or even touched any of the appdata stuff.

Any ideas how I can fix this and get back into the container? I can't see anything that is happening in there.

Is there a step-stone approach I need to take to safely upgrade to :latest from v4.3.9? What is the proper way to get current from this old release? I tried to go directly but it blew up my Category/Folder config.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Bumping , please advise on upgrade path. i.e.: What versions between 4.3.9 and latest have major changes that need applied it configured before advancing versions.

I want to get this container current before upgrading unRAID.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

*Edited because I had the wrong version listed. I'm on 4.3.9 and looking for a safe upgrade path. I'm the meantime I'm reading up on qt6 and libtorrent 1.2 to see if either caused the issues I had trying to upgrade directly.
2 hours ago, plantsandbinary said:

qBittorrent has for some reason started complaining about my password after I updated Unraid to 6.12.3

I didn't have this problem before at all. I haven't changed my username and password either or even touched any of the appdata stuff.

Any ideas how I can fix this and get back into the container? I can't see anything that is happening in there.

I forgot to say that for some reason I don't even seem to have the [Locking] part in the config file, so I have no idea what is going on here. Technically it should have no problem logging me in without it.

EDIT: I have no idea why or how but it seems to have defaulted back to:

admin

adminadmin

I logged in and changed it again via the UI... super weird.

EDIT AGAIN: I guess this is what the guys above me are talking about. I suppose some update has nuked my config for some reason... pretty stupid.

Edited by plantsandbinary

Ok after backing up AppData and documenting all my current container and client settings I decided to try the :libtorrentv1 tag direct from v4.3.9. 

Now here's where I feel real dumb. I remembered that I was using a custom webUI and thought, "hey I bet that's not compatible or something". Sure enough, I revert to the default webUI, restart the container, then update it, and voila! Now it nuked my settings but they were easy enough to revert. It also nuked any empty categories, but I just recreated them with all their paths. 

Now I just hope it keeps running stable while I look for a new dark theme.

15 hours ago, wacko37 said:

@binhex I will test the above and report back, fingers crossed that will work as I intend, might help others out in the future.

Ok so turns out this is very common use for the "keep incomplete torrent in"  option in qBittorrent, I have tried and tested this using test environment on Linuxserver docker of qBit and works as expended, the trigger for "download finished" is sent after the torrent has been moved over to the "download" save path.....perfect!

Changing over to the Linuxserver version to utilise the theme.park function..... super nice feature!

On 8/1/2023 at 10:18 AM, wacko37 said:

Bump on this as it was never answered.

Is this possible to add via variables in docker compose as per https://docs.theme-park.dev/setup/#docker-mods

Would be super easy to change themes this way on many dockers

Edited by wacko37

Hi, I'm still on my journey to get this (or any VPN-) docker enabled.  After getting a new OVPN config file, I've resolved one error message and now get this:

2023-08-05 10:03:22,357 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
2023-08-05 10:03:22 OPTIONS ERROR: failed to negotiate cipher with server.  Add the server's cipher ('AES-256-CBC') to --data-ciphers (currently 'AES-256-GCM:AES-128-GCM:CHACHA20-POLY1305') if you want to connect to this server.
2023-08-05 10:03:22 ERROR: Failed to apply push options
2023-08-05 10:03:22 Failed to open tun/tap interface

Is this something I can overcome?  Is there a config file somewhere associated with the docker I can update the  "--data-ciphers"- I couldn't find it.  Thanks for any input.

So I've also just found that not only did my qBittorrent container get completely destroyed after the last update. It's also removed my ability to download, upload and my original username and password. Looks like I'm going to have to do a full reinstall of it. FFS.

I wish there was a way to see this in a changelog or something BEFORE I update the container. I'm going to turn off future updates for this container...

1 hour ago, plantsandbinary said:

get completely destroyed after the last update. It's also removed my ability to download, upload and my original username and password

none of this is due to the update, you have something else going on, file corruption, usb key failing, mover moving config files perhaps, i run this image myself and there were zero breaking changes going from the previous version to the latest.

1 hour ago, plantsandbinary said:

I wish there was a way to see this in a changelog

you can see any changes committed here:- https://github.com/binhex/arch-qbittorrentvpn/commits/master and as you can see the main change was the addition of protonvpn, this will not of affected any of the things you listed.

3 hours ago, Tomahawk51 said:

Hi, I'm still on my journey to get this (or any VPN-) docker enabled.  After getting a new OVPN config file, I've resolved one error message and now get this:

Is this something I can overcome?  Is there a config file somewhere associated with the docker I can update the  "--data-ciphers"- I couldn't find it.  Thanks for any input.

it looks like the openvpn config file does not match your vpn providers openvpn servers configuration, re-download from your vpn provider.

Is there a way to prevent the config file from becoming corrupt after a server crash? It has gotten me a couple times now and I know I should have been backing my appdata folder up (I actually set backups up earlier this week and had it set to weekly 🤦‍♂️ so no backup for a crash I had earlier) It happens every timer my server crashes. The whole config is gone and sometimes the container even wigs out and won't let me log in at all.