[Support] Djoss - Nginx Proxy Manager

Djoss

18 hours ago, mattie112 said:

Is this with somekind of backup restored? Might be that you have different users now then previously? You can try to delete your NginxProxyManager folders from AppData (but that will delete all your domaints). Or simply rename the folder just to see if it works or not with a clean state.

Good idea, but I deleted the files using the Setting, Cleanup Appdata option. So directory is empty. I have now deleted even it. I will get back with the result. Thanks

1 hour ago, Profezor said:

Good idea, but I deleted the files using the Setting, Cleanup Appdata option. So directory is empty. I have now deleted even it. I will get back with the result. Thanks

UPDATE -

After installation, the NginxProxyManager folder is empty. Perhaps that's why there is a problem.

Any ideas?

Hi, I have installed NGINX PM and it is working well except I want to create an access list but I am not able to add users to this new access list... As you can see in the prtscr the new user is blank after pressing the Add button. Any idea of the problem. Thanks.

Enter the new user then "Add"

2.jpg.ea0f8e653d6b025e844bd6d557595b65.jpg

Give this screen without any user...

3.jpg.c68de9200285763c0ea7b85b7eaeb75c.jpg

And this if I try to save...

4.jpg.905491fd998efe00f80a42a9bafbc559.jpg

Having an issue with NGINX Proxy Manager. With all proxy hosts disabled i am seeing full internet usage 100 up /100 down out of the container.

Any idea what could be causing this? Turning the container off stops this issue, but turning it back on and this immediately comes back.

image.png.9dfa0d531c2fdf0b9b74e3e0f6490193.png

15 hours ago, mihcox said:

Having an issue with NGINX Proxy Manager. With all proxy hosts disabled i am seeing full internet usage 100 up /100 down out of the container.

Any idea what could be causing this? Turning the container off stops this issue, but turning it back on and this immediately comes back.

image.png.9dfa0d531c2fdf0b9b74e3e0f6490193.png

There is a `default-host_access.log` file in the appdata folder for NPM. That is the logfile for the web UI, you could check that.

Hi

Not sure if this is even possible but I want to enable forwarding for a VM and also other docker containers using nginx proxy manager. I’ve used it for dockers only before but unsure how I would go about using it for a VM.

My use case is running ubuntu server as a VM with Nexcloud VM (it just works better for my use case in terms of setting up talk etc than docker versions) and then using docker for a jellyfin server but all using my domain

Apologies for the nooby mix ups of terminology that I'm sure I have. I'm new to unraid and networking and trying to move away from my linode setup to my own hosted setup slowly but surely

12 hours ago, mattie112 said:

Yeah exactly, if you have a VM that has a different IP so you could host something om 80/443.

Or you can also choose to do a different port.

(btw you only need port 80, your NPM uses 80/443 but the thing you proxy to just uses http)

Thanks for your replies and not tearing me a new one… just realised what a nooby question it was! Must’ve been very tired! Got it all working now 

29 minutes ago, hubbush said:

Thanks for your replies and not tearing me a new one… just realised what a nooby question it was! Must’ve been very tired! Got it all working now 

Nobody is born with knowledge, it all comes from experience and learning. As long as you don't ask the same question again in a month. 🤣

On 2/20/2022 at 8:40 AM, Profezor said:

Had to reinstall unraid and now NPM  it’s broken.

what do I need to do to get it working again? I really need this to work as you can image. 

Thanks in advance.  

finish] sending all processes the KILL signal and exiting.
[s6-init] making user provided files available at /var/run/s6/etc...exited 0.
s6-envuidgid: fatal: unknown user: root
[s6-init] ensuring user provided files have correct perms...exited 0.
[fix-attrs.d] applying ownership & permissions fixes...
[fix-attrs.d] done.
[cont-init.d] executing container initialization scripts...
[cont-init.d] 00-app-niceness.sh: executing...
exec: fatal: unable to exec sh: No such file or directory
[cont-init.d] 00-app-niceness.sh: exited 111.
[services.d] stopping services
pipeline: fatal: unable to spawn sv-getdeps: No such file or directory
[cont-finish.d] executing container finish scripts...
[cont-finish.d] done.
[s6-finish] syncing disks.
[s6-finish] sending all processes the TERM signal.
[s6-finish] sending all processes the KILL signal and exiting.

Still getting the same error

[s6-init] making user provided files available at /var/run/s6/etc...exited 0.
[s6-init] ensuring user provided files have correct perms...exited 0.
[fix-attrs.d] applying ownership & permissions fixes...
[fix-attrs.d] done.
[cont-init.d] executing container initialization scripts...
[cont-init.d] 00-app-niceness.sh: executing...
exec: fatal: unable to exec sh: No such file or directory
[cont-init.d] 00-app-niceness.sh: exited 111.
[services.d] stopping services
pipeline: fatal: unable to spawn sv-getdeps: No such file or directory
[cont-finish.d] executing container finish scripts...
[cont-finish.d] done.
[s6-finish] syncing disks.
[s6-finish] sending all processes the TERM signal.
[s6-finish] sending all processes the KILL signal and exiting.

Any other suggestions?

I have deleted numerous times using Cleanup Appdata.

Strangely, There are no files in my NPM directory. It's just empty. Obviously this is part of the problem. How to fix it is the question.

Edited by Profezor

Try something like:

docker pull jlesage/nginx-proxy-manager
docker run -it jlesage/nginx-proxy-manager bash

(and then in the container:)
cd /
./init

Than you have a 100% clean fresh image/copy with NO mounted directories (so anything you do in here is NOT saved). If this does not work there is something really wrong with your server (or you are using an 32-bit system while NPM is for 64-bit, or ARM or something).

3 hours ago, mattie112 said:

Try something like:

cd /
./init

Than you have a 100% clean fresh image/copy with NO mounted directories (so anything you do in here is NOT saved). If this does not work there is something really wrong with your server (or you are using an 32-bit system while NPM is for 64-bit, or ARM or something).

92AEE049-F074-448A-881D-14F934D72DE3.jpeg

1 hour ago, Profezor said:

92AEE049-F074-448A-881D-14F934D72DE3.jpeg

What device do you use for your Unraid? It works fine here:

root@Tower:~# docker pull jlesage/nginx-proxy-manager
Using default tag: latest
latest: Pulling from jlesage/nginx-proxy-manager
Digest: sha256:488bd69104c9b88ae6a9f7ee6cb3413f8ec63da118034919616bb462c84f61ed
Status: Image is up to date for jlesage/nginx-proxy-manager:latest
docker.io/jlesage/nginx-proxy-manager:latest
root@Tower:~# docker run -it jlesage/nginx-proxy-manager bash
bash-5.1#

I know that trying to run a x64 image for example on ARM does not work. But yeah I don't know....

12 hours ago, mattie112 said:

Try something like:

cd /
./init

Running on a standard intel chip. The system worked perfectly for a year. Now as I have started from scratch I get  this.

Yeah I don't know. Any problems with other docker containers? Perhaps remove your entire docker.img?

The commands I posted should work (and do work on my Unraid, Windows desktop and Linux desktop). So there must be something with your setup. 

You could also try some basic containers like alpine or something. 

14 hours ago, mattie112 said:

Yeah I don't know. Any problems with other docker containers? Perhaps remove your entire docker.img?

The commands I posted should work (and do work on my Unraid, Windows desktop and Linux desktop). So there must be something with your setup. 

You could also try some basic containers like alpine or something. 

Switched over to folders from img a while back..

• 1 month later...

Did something change with NPM with regard to access lists at some point in the last year or two? I had a perfectly stable setup running since March 2020, however when I went to make some edits to a proxy this weekend I discovered the access list is no longer properly applied. I was doing simple HTTP auth using the access for one user without doing any type of IP allow/deny. Now, when I apply this list to a proxy, I get 403 forbidden regardless of what I do. When I look in the proxy_host config, I don't see any mention of basic_auth. Wiped things out and did a clean install with the same results and also tried the 'official' NPM but it has the same problem. In the end I just restored my old backup to get back up and running but this means I am no longer able to make changes without things breaking again.