[Support] Josh5 - Unmanic - Library Optimiser

Random question. I use plex live tv/dvr and as a show is recording to the folder in .ts, it is being processed by unmanic. The problem here is that when it is done recording, I get errors. Is there a way or post-processing script to make sure that you are able to successfully record, convert (through) unmanic, and then post to the plex library without issues? I've seen post-processing scripts for Handbrake (which I don't know how to use or implement), but I would prefer to use this docker instead (if possible).

Edited by tasmith88
10 hours ago, cjjermont said:

Can this run alongside plex with one gpu?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't do it myself but I'm fairly sure what your doing with the GPU is passing it though to a docker so if its in plex nothing else can use it.

I might be way off base though.

I don't do it myself but I'm fairly sure what your doing with the GPU is passing it though to a docker so if its in plex nothing else can use it.

I set it up to use gpu and it currently is working, could be I have a 1050ti and am only using 2 streams so it’s not maxing the card but it is using gpu along side plex at this point

1 hour ago, RichRMG said:

gpu not working for me   I set it with extra parameter - --runtime=nvidia

and  added the Gpu UUID

Gpu is a Nvidia Quadro p2000 and does work fine transcoding plex streams, this is not using it.

Have you installed the nvidia kernel version on unraid?

10 hours ago, BomB191 said:

This is incorrect. You can use a gpu with multiple dockers(I use it with plex and unmanic) fine. You shouldn't share it if it is passed through to a VM though. 

On 6/29/2020 at 11:00 AM, NoodleMaps said:

This is a wonderful project and I have been using it to convert all my files for the last few months. A few weeks ago, the converted files will no longer move and replace the original files. I have redone permissions. I cleared out the database file. I emptied the cache/conversion folder. I delete that folder and created a new folder. Tried pointing the Library only to certain folders. Adjusted settings in within the docker. I'm lost. It worked so well for so long and I don't know what happened. What do I need to provide for any assistance? 

If anyone else was having the same problem, turns out one of my drives was placed in Read-Only mode because of an error. Once fixed the program returned to normal operation. Thanks again for a great program. 

EDIT: I am a dolt, I was adding the NVIDIA_VISIBLE field, not using the one provided.... ugh. sorry all.

Any thoughts?

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='unmanic' --net='bridge' -e TZ="America/New_York" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'NVIDIA_VISIBLE_DEVICES'='GPU-BLAHBLAH' -e 'PUID'='99' -e 'PGID'='100' -e 'NVIDIA_VISIBLE_DEVICES'='false' -p '8888:8888/tcp' -v '/mnt/cache/apps/Unmanic':'/config':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/Movies/'\''Twas the Night Before Christmas (1974)/':'/library/movies':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/TV Series/13 Reasons Why/':'/library/tv':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/apps/Unmanic/':'/tmp/unmanic':'rw' --runtime=nvidia 'josh5/unmanic' 

73b717099d5e6cb7d21a0d3016d2ad994554444e7e9b73cee01f6d0dd7c42007
/usr/bin/docker: Error response from daemon: OCI runtime create failed: container_linux.go:349: starting container process caused "process_linux.go:449: container init caused "process_linux.go:432: running prestart hook 1 caused \"error running hook: exit status 1, stdout: , stderr: nvidia-container-cli: device error: unknown device id: false\\n\""": unknown.

The command failed.

Edited by wickedathletes
I am a dolt, I was adding the NVIDIA_VISIBLE field, not using the one provided.... ugh. sorry all.

So general question, I have ryzen 1600, and 1050ti, I pinned to half the cores so that I can still use plex and server, how many workers should I allow it to do, I’m ok with it using all the gpu as needed. I noticed that at 12 workers it’s slows down to crazy slow speeds. I know that once it completes everything it won’t matter but trying to get threw entire library is taking forever...been running since the 11th and I have about 10tb of video

Stupid question but I didn't see anybody else ask. I use NVidia encoding and sometimes the resulting file is bigger than the original. Is there a way if that is the case to keep the original file? Maybe even fallback to CPU encoding for that file?

Also, I have the audio set to convert to AAC and create a stereo track also. Why do I end up with two AAC stereo tracks if I feed it with a movie with a single 5.1 channel AC3 track?

Edited by thebaldconvict
  • Like 1
On 7/19/2020 at 1:25 PM, thebaldconvict said:

Stupid question but I didn't see anybody else ask. I use NVidia encoding and sometimes the resulting file is bigger than the original. Is there a way if that is the case to keep the original file? Maybe even fallback to CPU encoding for that file?

Also, I have the audio set to convert to AAC and create a stereo track also. Why do I end up with two AAC stereo tracks if I feed it with a movie with a single 5.1 channel AC3 track?

I see the size issue as well. Usually with AVI and WMV files so I stopped converting those. I also just copy my files into a unmanic folder and see they are larger. Kind of a pain but oh well, there is an open issue on github for this

https://github.com/Josh5/unmanic/issues/118

On 6/13/2020 at 8:24 AM, Cpt. Chaz said:

Can confirm. However, the provided instructions didn’t work for me exactly. I never could get the modprobe change to the go file to persist after a reboot. But once I mod the file each time, it kicks off without a hitch. 

your go file shoud have this so you dont need to set permissions on each reboot

modprobe i915
chown -R nobody:users /dev/dri
chmod -R 777 /dev/dri

• Like 1
On 5/6/2020 at 12:14 AM, Josh.5 said:

There is a new docker image available for anyone who is game enough to try it.

Edit the Unmanic docker config in Unraid and set the docker image repository to 'josh5/unmanic:dev-hw-encoding'

I have not tested this docker image with nvidia or intel HW accelerated encoding yet (and I don't want to as its just too much effort for minimal if any return). Testing it out running unmanic nativity works fine. In theory, if you follow the same steps used to enable plex HW encoding with the linuxserver.io Plex container, then it should work.

Thanks.

Hi @Josh.5

I am using the dev-hw-encoding repository version and the previous current master one but cant seems to get unmanic to hardware transcode using intel quicksync and the hevc codec I tried both hevc_nevc and nevc_hevc they all fail however when i use the libx265 it processes using my CPU

a quick note in Plex harware transcode directions vs yours (in the container install)

for plex under extra parameters it should read:

--device /dev/dri:/dev/dri

yours mentions this

--device /dev/dri

I have tried both and neither are shoing anything in my intel-gpu tools plus i can see in the docker tab high CPU usage

I am only encoding video, not stripping subtitles or doing anything with audio