[Support] binhex - Jellyfin

• 1 month later...

sorry for this, but i haven't used jellyfin since i set it up quite a while ago, but it's asking for a username and password, neither of which i have stored anywhere (which is unlike me). i can't find any parameters in the config files i do have to turn the authentication off -  how can i get in?

• 1 month later...

Trying to get hardware transcoding working. Nvidia P600 installed and showing up in dashboard with Nvidia plugin.

Seeing decode and encode performance with Plex, but Jellyfin is never using it to decode, only encode.

Anyone know where to start with troubleshooting?

• 2 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, isvein said:

I used 10.8.10 due to an bug in 10.8.11 but now that 10.8.12 is out it wont update to other than 10.8.11 even if I change the tag to :latest or to :10.8.12-1-01

I have corrected this, please pull down the latest image, i have confirmed it is now running 10.8.12

• Thanks 1
  • 1 month later...

Hi,

I am having issues with getting transcoding to work:

Playback Error

This client isn't compatible with the media and the server isn't sending a compatible media format.

I know it's an issue with the setting because turning off hardware transcoding lets me play the file.

CPU/GPU: Intel i5 12600k

File Type: MKV

Settings:
image.thumb.png.d44aea2f6e5122e4851ef5f9fc747263.png

33 minutes ago, tshorts said:

Anyone know how I reset the password for the admin account? 
I'm loggin in, but need to know the old password to set new one. 

I haven't connected mail to it. 

jus double check you arent seeing the known bug with jellyfin with login - clear down all cookies for that site (or use incognito mode) then try logging in, it might just work.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, binhex said:

jus double check you arent seeing the known bug with jellyfin with login - clear down all cookies for that site (or use incognito mode) then try logging in, it might just work.

Thanks, tried that now, my common passwords didn't work there either. So I guess I've outsmarted myself. If I remember correctly I generated a non-standard password to be extra safe with the admin account - and saved it encrypted somewhere. What I don't remember though, is where. 
I'll keep looking, I have about 18h to find it hehe. 

1 hour ago, tshorts said:

Thanks, tried that now, my common passwords didn't work there either. So I guess I've outsmarted myself. If I remember correctly I generated a non-standard password to be extra safe with the admin account - and saved it encrypted somewhere. What I don't remember though, is where. 
I'll keep looking, I have about 18h to find it hehe. 

in case you cant find it, a quick google reveals how to reset the password:- https://forum.jellyfin.org/t-can-t-reset-password--1235?pid=5050#pid5050

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/23/2024 at 3:13 PM, Mattti1912 said:

Hello

I have a question that i hope you can help me with.. When im adding my tv show´s to jellyfin, i cant choose to identify all of my shows?? Only some of them are able to do this why.??

Hope you can help me.:)

Regards

Double check your file layout e.g. I have my shows in this order:

Name of show

S01

episodes of S01

I do have an issue watching my content, jellyfin says it cannot access /media/transcodes but I can and it looks like it has the same permissions as the movie & tv folders.

--Edit

removed the docker image and the configs under appdata. Re-launching the image now and it seems to be working great!

Edited by andrew444
On 8/13/2023 at 8:59 PM, TheLinuxGuy said:

I installed this container trying to get it to work with Intel Quicksync and to replace the linuxserver one; I found your container to be missing `/usr/lib/jellyfin-ffmpeg/vainfo --display drm --device /dev/dri/renderD128` - which is mentioned by Step 7 https://jellyfin.org/docs/general/administration/hardware-acceleration/intel/ as a verification that gpu and capabilities are detected.

I wasn't able to get my intel igpu transcoding to work with your image; linuxserver works fine... not sure why "vainfo" doesn't exist in your image but it does in the other ones.

Did you ever find a solution to this?

trying to make Hardware transcoding work on my binhex-jellyfin container and I think I am stuck at the same issue

Hello out there..

I've gotten a problem with this docker.. I'm not able to access jellyfin on my local network? I use a nokia 8010 box, and i am not able to do anything.. On my phone i can access the jellyfin app when i clear cache and so on.. but when i've been logged off my wifi once. i cant login again without clearing chache??

Im using the docker 10.9 beta, but the problem is there if i go back to 10.8.13.. I can access the whole thing in my browser but not in the apps??

What is wrong??

I've tried to install tailgate, and deleted it again.. same issues there..

Could it have something to do with dlna??

Thank you regards:)