[Support] Linuxserver.io - Unifi-Controller


949 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recommended Posts

Just Export your site and Import to a version of the Beta controller running on a Windows Server 2016 Essentials VM (Free for 180 days up to 5 times for evaluation).

 

Then once the that version of the software becomes mainstream and in the Docker, do the Import/Export again.

 

That's how I moved my Unifi Setup when I was building a new UnRaid box but needed controller access in between.

 

 

 

Sadly that is the downside to running early access and/or alpha or beta stuff, you won't get much support outside of the manufacturer themselves in the method they recommend.  We can do what we can to help you out here though, just don't expect and miracles.

Link to post
  • Replies 948
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Success, so far, I'm running 5.14.23-ls76 now.   So, to summarize, to those who wish to move from LTS (5.6.42) to 5.14.23-ls76, you must first use 5.10.24-ls21 to upgrade the database.

Sorry, I may have missed something completely earlier in discussions but mine also had this issue as it looks like dockerhub linuxserver.io shows version 6.1.71 attached to the tag 'latest' which it i

Which may or may not mean it's a good idea to push that version to a production environment. "Stable" unifi software has caused major headaches in the past, I'd much rather wait until it's been runnin

Posted Images

2 hours ago, saarg said:

What a shitshow unifi is regarding software... I can't believe they sell hardware that needs beta software.

 

We are just releasing what is pushed to their Ubuntu repo, so you will have to wait until they push it.

No worries at all.  The (2) Unifi 6 Lite Access Point was available through their Early Access Program.  These AP are not Gen Release yet.  I just didn't realize it required Beta Software.  I am just planning to spin up a VM and run their beta software there.  Thanks for the response.

Link to post
16 hours ago, saarg said:

What a shitshow unifi is regarding software... I can't believe they sell hardware that needs beta software.

To be totally fair it's also beta hardware. So I get the requirement. At any rate I cloned the repo and manually built the image I needed for now. I'll hop back over when it ships to stable

Link to post
On 7/29/2020 at 3:58 PM, mikeyw said:
  • moved to the LTS docker (why is it still at 5.6.42? and how do I get more current?) . As I understood it, if i selected the 5.9 version that's as far as I could go and never further and with the LTS version it would change with the stable releases and perhaps not the "latest".

 

I'm have a similar issue here. What was the resolution? My repository is linuxserver/unifi-controller:LTS

 

My current version is 5.6.42 with no updates showing available -- what am I missing? Appreciate the help.

 

Edited by brtd
Link to post
1 minute ago, brtd said:

 

What am I missing?

 

Have a look on unifi's website for the update path from the version you're at to v5.13. you can't jump from 5.6 to 5.13 in one go.

If memory serves there is at least one to go to before changing to the latest .13 tag.

 

Alternatively, backup your config, bin the docker and fire up a new one with latest, before importing your old config

 

Link to post
18 minutes ago, geekypenguin said:

Have a look on unifi's website for the update path from the version you're at to v5.13. you can't jump from 5.6 to 5.13 in one go.

If memory serves there is at least one to go to before changing to the latest .13 tag.

 

Alternatively, backup your config, bin the docker and fire up a new one with latest, before importing your old config

 

I appreciate the help! I must be doing something wrong! 

 

I backed up my appdata folder. Deleted the docker and image. Deleted the appdata folder. Reinstalled from the CA store, configed with LTS. Stopped the docker, swapped in my backed up appdata folder. Restarted the docker. 

 

Logged in... still on version 5.6.42 🤷‍♂️

 

 

Edited by brtd
Link to post
43 minutes ago, brtd said:

Swapped in my backed up appdata folder.

 

 

There's your problem 

 

When I said export and import I didn't mean backing up your app data folder. If you restore the old appears it will push you back to the old version.

From unifi itself there is an export config option. Use this.

 

Still take a backup of your appdata incase everything brakes as a fallback, but that's not the process for upgrading

Link to post
48 minutes ago, brtd said:

backed up my appdata folder. Deleted the docker and image. Deleted the appdata folder. Reinstalled from the CA store, configed with LTS. Stopped the docker, swapped in my backed up appdata folder. Restarted the docker. 

 

Logged in... still on version 5.6.42 

5.6.42 is the current LTS version.

Link to post

Guys I have been checking out 5.14 and while it seems ok, there are quite a few changes so if you have everything working well in production like me on 5.13, you should change your tag from

linuxserver/unifi-controller:latest

to linuxserver/unifi-controller:5.13.32-ls71

to avoid auto updating to 5.14 when it releases in a short while. Last thing I need is some stuff going offline, so might wait for a bit to see if other people have issues before jumping to the next version.

Link to post
3 hours ago, PeteAsking said:

Guys I have been checking out 5.14 and while it seems ok, there are quite a few changes so if you have everything working well in production like me on 5.13, you should change your tag from

linuxserver/unifi-controller:latest

to linuxserver/unifi-controller:5.13.32-ls71

to avoid auto updating to 5.14

Sound advice except for those who have purchased an EA WiFi 6 access point.  Those require the 5.14 controller version.

 

If you don't have any WiFi 6 access points, it is a good idea to let 5.14 settle in before taking the leap.  Although Ubiquiti has been getting better at not causing tons of issue with recent controller releases, there is always the possibility of something breaking (or being fixed) when moving to a new .xx release.

 

If you are curious what is going on with 5.14 here is the Ubiquiti forum thread discussing the latest 5.14.22 release.

Link to post
19 hours ago, Hoopster said:

Sound advice except for those who have purchased an EA WiFi 6 access point.  Those require the 5.14 controller version.

 

If you don't have any WiFi 6 access points, it is a good idea to let 5.14 settle in before taking the leap.  Although Ubiquiti has been getting better at not causing tons of issue with recent controller releases, there is always the possibility of something breaking (or being fixed) when moving to a new .xx release.

 

If you are curious what is going on with 5.14 here is the Ubiquiti forum thread discussing the latest 5.14.22 release.

Not long until people auto get this update if they have it configured that way, the UI dude said:

"

Hello Everyone,

 

This release has been promoted to stable.

It will show up on the repositories on a later date. ( 1 or 2 weeks after promoting stable )

 

Regards,

Glenn R."

20 hours ago now.

Link to post

So I set this up a while ago and I cannot remember my password. I was only testing it out so no data needs to be saved. I tried to remove the docker completely and reinstall but it still prompts for a username and password.

 

How can I completely remove it and set it up from scratch? I thought clearing the appdata would do it but apparently not.

Link to post
6 hours ago, Motley said:

So I set this up a while ago and I cannot remember my password. I was only testing it out so no data needs to be saved. I tried to remove the docker completely and reinstall but it still prompts for a username and password.

 

How can I completely remove it and set it up from scratch? I thought clearing the appdata would do it but apparently not.

You have not cleared the appdata if you get the login page.

Link to post

got an issue today with the container, can't get to the web page:

 

I get - HTTP Status 404 – Not Found

 

looking at the log:

 

_ ()
| | ___ _ __
| | / __| | | / \
| | \__ \ | | | () |
|_| |___/ |_| \__/


Brought to you by linuxserver.io
-------------------------------------

To support LSIO projects visit:
https://www.linuxserver.io/donate/
-------------------------------------
GID/UID
-------------------------------------

User uid: 99
User gid: 100
-------------------------------------

[cont-init.d] 10-adduser: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 20-config: executing...
[cont-init.d] 20-config: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 30-keygen: executing...
[cont-init.d] 30-keygen: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 99-custom-scripts: executing...
[custom-init] no custom files found exiting...
[cont-init.d] 99-custom-scripts: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] done.
[services.d] starting services
[services.d] done.
Exception in thread "launcher" java.lang.IllegalStateException: Tomcat failed to start up

at com.ubnt.net.OoOO.ö00000(Unknown Source)
at com.ubnt.service.new.õÓ0000(Unknown Source)
at com.ubnt.ace.Launcher.main(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Web context failed to initialize

It got updated recently, anyone else with the same? 

 

Link to post

Hi.  I deleted my old Unifi container.  Reinstalled.  My Chrome, Opera, and Safari browser all cannot access the container, Invalid certificate error.  I assume this is because my Mac previously have some sort of ssl certificate from previous container.  I went into my keychain access, and deleted whatever unifi I saw there (1), deleted browser cache, and still the problem persists.  

 

Any help will be appreciated.

Link to post
6 hours ago, jang430 said:

Hi.  I deleted my old Unifi container.  Reinstalled.  My Chrome, Opera, and Safari browser all cannot access the container, Invalid certificate error.  I assume this is because my Mac previously have some sort of ssl certificate from previous container.  I went into my keychain access, and deleted whatever unifi I saw there (1), deleted browser cache, and still the problem persists.  

 

Any help will be appreciated.

It's probably caused by the self signed cert. You need to add the address to the safelist. Some browsers let you accept the risk and go to the address.

Link to post
On 8/28/2020 at 11:06 PM, rorton said:

still struggling with the above, ive tried to remove the docker container, selected remove image also - then re added while pointing at my existing app data, and still the same problem with tomcat

Have you tried with an empty appdata folder? Might be something corrupted in your appdata.

Link to post

Hi.  Tried deleted everything in appdata.  I did some experiments, used a Windows PC instead of MAC. Can access the container fine.  It's a Mac OS issue now.  If anyone has any idea how to delete the Self-signed root certificate on a mac, please help.  As I can't find anything on google that teaches me how to do this.  But I can confirm, Windows 10 can access the site well.

Link to post
3 hours ago, saarg said:

Have you tried with an empty appdata folder? Might be something corrupted in your appdata.

hi, yep, that works perfectly. 

 

At the moment, I have managed to install the 'older' docker container (5.13.32) and point it at my data and its working OK. My only problem is backups now. 

 

Every time I try to back up in the app - it fails. 

 

I can't seem to run 5.14 with my app data, so my logic was, work on 5.13, get it backing up, then build a new 5.14, and import the backup. I think I have corrupt db. 

 

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.