[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

8 hours ago, Quantum73 said:

Been watching this issue and even after pulling the latest update today, the server is still in an endless reboot cycle.

What CPU? What Unraid version? Very little information besides that it is not working...

Did you already try to:

1. Delete the container
  2. Delete the folder for Icarus in your appdata directory
  3. Pull a fresh copy from the CA App

With the updated container I can't reproduce this, I attach the log from a startup from a fresh installed container on my system (keep in mind the first start took around 15 minutes with downloading on a i9-10900K, please don't interrupt the first start up) :

Icarus.log

Everything is working fine over here.

20 hours ago, ich777 said:

What CPU? What Unraid version? Very little information besides that it is not working...

Did you already try to:

1. Delete the container
  2. Delete the folder for Icarus in your appdata directory
  3. Pull a fresh copy from the CA App

With the updated container I can't reproduce this, I attach the log from a startup from a fresh installed container on my system (keep in mind the first start took around 15 minutes with downloading on a i9-10900K, please don't interrupt the first start up) :

Icarus.log 56.48 kB · 1 download

Everything is working fine over here.

Unraid 6.12.11 (failed on 6.12.9 also).  CPU Intel® Xeon® D-2141I CPU @ 2.20GHz.  Container deleted 3x, pulled new 3x.  Today it seems to have resolved but now working to restore server content from backup.  Ty

• Like 1

Found a couple of weird issues since trying to start this up with friends for 7 days to die 1.0

First off, I had to change my appdata share to persist only in the cache drive as for some reason, when the data was moved to the array, the files were no longer accessible inside the container for the server somehow. I don't have the log for it anymore, but the game server logs were spewing "file not found" errors everywhere. Usually, after it got in that state, it got stuck in a reboot loop.

Second, for some reason, XP gain in the game doesn't work at all. I am not sure if that one is docker-related or some bug in the game, but thought it was maybe worth mentioning.

Edited by LinkXXI
13 hours ago, Ladrien said:

Is it normal for my 7dtd server to regenerate the configfile every boot? I cannot edit any game settings because of this.

Do you have validation enabled? If yes, then yes.

I would recommend that you copy the default config and rename it to something different and change the value in the template to that new name:

grafik.png.33fec2ad69a44130da55909bb0165864.png

8 minutes ago, LinkXXI said:

I had to change my appdata share to persist only in the cache drive as for some reason, when the data was moved to the array

This was always the case since my template by default uses /mnt/cache/... instead of /mnt/user/... so to speak nothing changed.

9 minutes ago, LinkXXI said:

Second, for some reason, XP gain in the game doesn't work at all. I am not sure if that one is docker-related or some bug in the game, but thought it was maybe worth mentioning.

This could be maybe be a bug in the game however I would recommend that you join @Spectral Force's Discord since he helps me out with 7DtD: https://discord.gg/VwwYA5h

1 hour ago, ich777 said:

This was always the case since my template by default uses /mnt/cache/... instead of /mnt/user/... so to speak nothing changed.

I changed the settings for appdata some time ago on my end and the cache drive was getting filled up. I changed it back to persist but thought it was odd behaviour and couldn't think of a workaround.

Is there a proper setting for that that will allow it to still move to/from the array or should I just leave it as cache only for now?

I started a support thread for the XP issue in the 7dtd forums but I'll check out discord too.

On the forums, they actually recommended a fix for something that's a known issue and can cause random crashes in general that might need updating in the container as well:

2024-07-29T08:02:54 0.095 WRN The open files limit is too low (1024) and may cause crashes. Recommended is at least 10240. Follow these steps to increment it:
- Open /etc/security/limits.conf with a text editor: 'sudo editor /etc/security/limits.conf'
- Add or update the line: 'steam soft nofile 10240'
- Save the file and exit the editor
- Apply the changes: Log out and back in or restart the system

2024-07-29T08:02:54 0.096 WRN The vm.max_map_count setting is too low (65530) and may cause crashes. Follow these steps to increment it:
- Open /etc/sysctl.conf with a text editor: 'sudo editor /etc/sysctl.conf'
- Add or update the line: 'vm.max_map_count=262144'
- Save the file and exit the editor
- Apply the changes: 'sudo sysctl -p'

I'm a bit of a noob at modifying the files  directly in docker containers via the command line so I'm still looking into how I can modify it myself if at all, but thought it wouldn't hurt to stick it here too.

Edited by LinkXXI
Just now, LinkXXI said:

Is there a proper setting for that that will allow it to still move to/from the array or should I just leave it as cache only for now?

Change the path in the template to /mnt/user/... but as said this can come with unwanted side effects and weird behaviour.

Or you could make a share for the game/games and assign it to only one disk eg: disk2 and set the path to /mnt/disk2/... with that the files stay always on that disk in the special share for the game/games.

Just now, ich777 said:

Change the path in the template to /mnt/user/... but as said this can come with unwanted side effects and weird behaviour.

Or you could make a share for the game/games and assign it to only one disk eg: disk2 and set the path to /mnt/disk2/... with that the files stay always on that disk in the special share for the game/games.

I'll give that a go thanks!

I also noted something else above as an edit. No idea if it's something that can be done or not but thought I'd share!

8 minutes ago, LinkXXI said:

I'm a bit of a noob at modifying the files  directly in docker containers via the command line so I'm still looking into how I can modify it myself if at all, but thought it wouldn't hurt to stick it here too.

I would ask your question on @Spectral Force's Discord, do you have random crashes which are not caused from the path issue that you've had?

If you don't suffer from such crashes I would leave it as is.

1 hour ago, ich777 said:

I would ask your question on @Spectral Force's Discord, do you have random crashes which are not caused from the path issue that you've had?

If you don't suffer from such crashes I would leave it as is.

I never have, but it came up over on their forum as something other people run into, so I thought I'd pass it along.

I only host it for ~5 people total though so it might not ever be an issue based on what I'm doing.

• Like 1

My game servers are also in a boot loop.

In my case it's the Conan Exiles  and 7 Days to Die server.

I am on Unraid 6.12.10.

I changed CPU since the last server start, I went from a Ryzen 7 PRO 4750G to a Ryzen 7 5700G.

Also put a RTX 3050 in the server, but that thing is bound to vfio and used in a VM, so that shouldn't affect the docker container?

I removed and re-downloaded both servers, tried force updating via the docker menu, but they are still boot looping. I thought it might be the steamcmd so I also re-downloaded that one. Didn't help. Quite strange.

17 minutes ago, Spectral Force said:

I can try & help with 7d. What do see that you think its in a boot loop? Also your Appdata is set to cache only?

I open the Log option when right-clicking on the docker icon of the server.

There it writes all the steamcmd stuff and then,

---Prepare Server---
---Moving UserDataFolder location---
---UserDataFolder location found---
---Server ready---
---Start Server---

After this, the log-window simply closes itself. If I re-open it, it starts scrolling through all the steamcmd things again, before closing itself again on the mentioned lines (it's not opening the window with all the lines still there, as if I just closed the window. It is writing/printing the lines again). So I assumed it was rebooting all the time. Server also doesn't show up, I tried connecting via local IP, port forwards are set.

I don't have the appdata set to cache, I have a dedicated SSD in the server which is solely for docker-apps.

So the path for it is /mnt/docker-apps/appdata/ etc....

I ran the server without issue before the 1.0 update, so maybe it's something in my old config/save, which I then deleted.

Am currently reinstalling the 7d2t server again after a server reboot (took the opportunity to de-dust the interior), takes a while due to my connection 😅

I am not a native speaker, sorry if my word salad is all garbled, I hope it makes some sense....

So the ssd should be set as your cache drie in your setup and not part of the array as best practice. 

The 7d server console is not the same as your container console.

Check your appdata/7dtd folder for your output.log file. Thats where any errors would show.

You can join my discord for more direct help.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Spectral Force said:

So the ssd should be set as your cache drie in your setup and not part of the array as best practice. 

The 7d server console is not the same as your container console.

Check your appdata/7dtd folder for your output.log file. Thats where any errors would show.

You can join my discord for more direct help.

It looks like this:

image.png.ddb6ffc2cbed10a0ae57e2edfca517c2.png

Is that an okay configuration for the docker-ssd?

The output.log writes this:

InvalidOperationException: GamePrefs is being accessed before it is ready.
  at GamePrefs.get_Instance () [0x00007] in <6852d66f1c454f28b8c6698872258303>:0
  at GamePrefs.GetObject (EnumGamePrefs _eProperty) [0x00002] in <6852d66f1c454f28b8c6698872258303>:0
  at GamePrefs.GetInt (EnumGamePrefs _eProperty) [0x00000] in <6852d66f1c454f28b8c6698872258303>:0
  at GameOptionsManager.ValidateFoV () [0x00000] in <6852d66f1c454f28b8c6698872258303>:0
  at GameOptionsManager..cctor () [0x000d0] in <6852d66f1c454f28b8c6698872258303>:0
Rethrow as TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'GameOptionsManager' threw an exception.
  at GUIWindowManager.Awake () [0x00018] in <6852d66f1c454f28b8c6698872258303>:0

Caught fatal signal - signo:11 code:1 errno:0 addr:0x28
Obtained 11 stack frames.
#0  0x00147b0d65b050 in __sigaction
#1  0x00147b0e47f1e7 in (Unknown)
#2  0x00147b0e374a4b in (Unknown)
#3  0x00147b0e3713cc in (Unknown)
#4  0x00147b0e370e45 in (Unknown)
#5  0x00147b0e40f72f in (Unknown)
#6  0x00147b0e35727e in (Unknown)
#7  0x00147b0e5afb63 in PlayerMain(int, char**)
#8  0x00147b0d64624a in __libc_init_first
#9  0x00147b0d646305 in __libc_start_main
#10 0x00559cfe852029 in (Unknown)

Could this be like an file error from an issue while downloading? I'll set the "validate installation" variable to true and let it check...

Thank you for your help, I might join the discord in the evening, when I am back home and can fully focus on it 😃

Ok I see what you did you in your unaid config, thats fine. Normally people just put an ssd as their cache run the containers from there. you just did it differently.

I am at work so I understand.  drop the whole file, not just an excerpt. If i can look at it before I get home I will. but its still early, Idk how busy work will be.

• Like 1

God fff....  damnit, I am so stupid. 😫

I am so sorry for wasting your time.

Thanks to your pointing me to the output.log I found a line about not being able to find the serverconfig.xml.

It confused me and I discovered that I changed the name of the config file in the container setup (was afraid of it being overwritten with an update if it has the standard name), but made a typo while renaming the actual file.

I fixed that and now the server doesn't seem to crash, but I can only try to connect to it when I am home.

Again, I am really sorry. The problem was me all along, it seems.

Doesn't explain why Conan Exiles doesn't start since there is no config-renaming, but for now I am just happy that one thing works again, even though it's my own fault it stopped working.

Trying to setup a local DayZ server but I get this error:

Client is a newer build than the server. Please wait until the server is update. (Client Build: 158396 > Server Build: 158334)

How do I resolve this issue. I apologize I am new in general to game server hosting.

Hello  sorry but i need a little help i am trying to adjust Gamesettings on ARKSurvivalEvolved located:

appdata\ark-se\ShooterGame\Saved\Config\LinuxServer

appdata\ark-se\ShooterGame\Config

But for some reason if i chage the DifficultyOffset ,XPMultiplier, TamingSpeedMultiplier ,

it resets back to default value after i have saved resarted server how do i solve this ? :)

i aslo whant to add EggHatchSpeedMultiplier, BabyMatureSpeedMultiplier

On 8/5/2024 at 2:20 PM, Cinerir said:

God fff....  damnit, I am so stupid. 😫

I assume your issue with 7DtD is solved?

On 8/5/2024 at 2:20 PM, Cinerir said:

Doesn't explain why Conan Exiles doesn't start since there is no config-renaming, but for now I am just happy that one thing works again, even though it's my own fault it stopped working.

What is the exact issue with Conan Exiles?

19 hours ago, Saber123316 said:

Client is a newer build than the server. Please wait until the server is update. (Client Build: 158396 > Server Build: 158334)

Is this a fresh install from the dedicated server?

Are you sure you are using the same branch on the client and the server for the game (do you maybe use the development branch on your PC since it looks like you are way ahead of the server build)?

19 hours ago, Saber123316 said:

How do I resolve this issue. I apologize I am new in general to game server hosting.

IIRC DayZ is not the easiest dedicated server to start with.

17 hours ago, buckethead said:

Is there a way to use the SteamCMD docker template and host a game that isn't one of the ones you've already created dockers for? I'm looking to host Myth Of Empires

Not an easy ways since every container has a customized start-server.sh file with customization for each individual game in it.