[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

2 hours ago, ich777 said:

Please don't fill in Steam credentials when they are not marked with the red asterisk (*) in the template, this could also prevent the download/update.

That's what I mean with blanking. Having the fields empty.
Starbound's docker requires Steam credentials to download at all. Anonymous isn't allowed.

But I had it working and steamcmd downloaded the 1.4.3 files.
So I ended up removing the steam credentials so it skips past the steamcmd and then copied the 1.4.4 files over the 1.4.3 files.

That's all I meant and makes it work running the 1.4.4 version.
And considering there's not going to be any more updates to Starbound. I don't mind having to copy it in once.

Edited by ErikRedbeard
17 minutes ago, ErikRedbeard said:

Starbound's docker requires Steam credentials to download at all. Anonymous isn't allowed.

Cool then they have changed that since I've created the container... :D

18 minutes ago, ErikRedbeard said:

And considering there's not going to be any more updates to Starbound. I don't mind having to copy it in once.

Is Starbound deprecated/abandoned by the developers?

Hmmm, then I have to think about deprecating the container entirely if this game isn't updated anymore through Steam itself...

1 hour ago, ich777 said:

Are you able/willing to upgrade to 6.10.0-rc2?

I'm running the latest build and it works without a hitch.

I just upgrade to the 6.10.0-rc2 and still the same error. 

'rcon: error while loading shared libraries: libbsd.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory' 
image.thumb.png.32f4c0829332de49229278f688cb3a7d.png

8 hours ago, ich777 said:

Cool then they have changed that since I've created the container... :D

Is Starbound deprecated/abandoned by the developers?

Hmmm, then I have to think about deprecating the container entirely if this game isn't updated anymore through Steam itself...

Neither confirmed or denied if it was fully abandoned.
But the last update was from 2019 and this was only applied to the actual Starbound on steam not the server tools.
There might come a time that it gets an update still, but who knows at this point.

Also I'm pretty sure it always needed steam credentials considering you put this in the dockers description.

ATTENTION: For this Docker you have to specify a valid Steam user with Steam Guard disabled and the game purchased otherwise you will get a no subscription error and the gamefiles won't download! If you don't want to disable Steam Guard you can install the Docker as normal, click on it and open a console window and type in: '${STEAMCMD_DIR}/steamcmd.sh +login USERNAME PASSWORD +force_install_dir ${SERVER_DIR} +app_update ${GAME_ID} +quit' (without quotes and replace 'USERNAME' and 'PASSWORD' with your credentials), then enter the Steam Guard key and after the command finishes just restart the Docker.

I guess there's a reason why a lot of the other starbound server dockers avail on dockerhub don't use steamcmd and just tell you top copy the files instead.
Simply said the current docker is outdated.

You could change the steamcmd pull command to pull from steamid 211820 instead of 533830.
It seems you need to own Starbound regardless of which steamid is used from what I can read in your docker description.

I'm just informing/giving ideas at this point. I'm good with how mine runs for now. :D

Edited by ErikRedbeard
10 hours ago, ErikRedbeard said:

Also I'm pretty sure it always needed steam credentials considering you put this in the dockers description.

Maybe, I'm not too sure anymore, I've made the container a long time ago... :D

You could change the steamcmd pull command to pull from steamid 211820 instead of 533830.

But whouldn't this just pull the whole game? Or is the dedicated server included in the game? Have to look into this again.

I'm just informing/giving ideas at this point. I'm good with how mine runs for now. :D

Will modernize the container in the next few weeks I think.

41 minutes ago, Fantucie said:

No problem ! 
I give you time to need for investigate :) 

This is really strange since it is working just normal on my test system with 6.9.2:

image.png.5ea97e57206abf4c593e433ad5f48241.png

Do you have anything special installed through the NerdPack or from somewhere else? Do you have Unassigned Devices installed on your server?

EDIT: Ah, now I get it, if you install UnassignedDevices and UnassignedDevices Plus it is working... :D

I will add a check if the required package is installed and install it if it isn't installed next week.

EDIT2: Released an update from the RCON plugin that now installs the missing libraries if they are not already installed.

first thanks you mate you do a really great jobs with all those docker,

i have a probleme with my wreckfest server i try reinstall changing some setting arround but i always end up with that errore in the end (tail: invalid PID: ‘’) and i dont know what to do to solve the problem 

image.thumb.png.b608717edb3884785c971d3e31dede45.png

Edited by D3ADW07F
46 minutes ago, D3ADW07F said:

i have a probleme with my wreckfest server i try reinstall changing some setting arround but i always end up with that errore in the end (tail: invalid PID: ‘’) and i dont know what to do to solve the problem

But it worked before?

To what is your appdata share set in therms of Use Cache in the Share settings?

Can you post a screenshot from your template?

Is it possible that your Mover moved the files from the Cache to the Array?

I would recommend that you completely start over, delete the container, delete the folder for wreckfest that lives in your appdata directory and then pull a fresh copy from the CA App.

45 minutes ago, ich777 said:

But it worked before?

To what is your appdata share set in therms of Use Cache in the Share settings?

Can you post a screenshot from your template?

Is it possible that your Mover moved the files from the Cache to the Array?

I would recommend that you completely start over, delete the container, delete the folder for wreckfest that lives in your appdata directory and then pull a fresh copy from the CA App.

it is a new install and i try to reinstall always end up with that error and i dont have a cache

i did however lost a hdd witch add most of my docker on it but i didnt have it before i reinstall valheim and killing floor without probleme beside the webapi for kf2 but pretty sur it not related since they look the work fine probably just something a forgot to coche somewhere didnt really had time to check it and i did try with the original port or changing it corectly or to force verification i dont usually post on anything and most of the time can figure out a way to make it work bymiself or with some research but this one really bugging me out image.thumb.png.312002b1d1b53aec83099447ffd02e96.pngimage.thumb.png.9f4b2292739e628a2629bbf42884b6a0.png

42 minutes ago, D3ADW07F said:

i dont usually post on anything

Are you sure that all game files for wreckfest are located on disk1?

If not, you can try to change the game files location in the template to /mnt/user/... instead of /mnt/disk1/...

Thats the only thing I can recommend...

I've now tried it on my machine and it works without a hitch, I attached the log here: wreckfest.log

Please also make sure that you are at least on unRAID 6.9.2

well shit and yeah im pretty sure for all of them still thank a lot gonna try some messing arround for now the only weird thing i found is that for some of my server are on read only when i acces them from windows but are all right when i check then from the server

Edited by D3ADW07F
5 hours ago, D3ADW07F said:

well shit and yeah im pretty sure for all of them

So it isn't working for you?

Are you on 6.9.2?

5 hours ago, D3ADW07F said:

still thank a lot gonna try some messing arround for now the only weird thing i found is that for some of my server are on read only when i acces them from windows but are all right when i check then from the server

Some game servers create files or even lock files when they are running but the containers fix the permissions on most files when they are started anyways, that's a reason why I recommend to always stop the game server before editing files.

so yeah it wasnt working but i finaly succeed so i dont know wtf it was i deleted everything using krusader then i force the install on specifically a another disk and it did the same shit the first time but i restart it and it work after so i dont what i did but it work flawlessly just tested with a friend still thank a lot and if you see a "mandalorian security van" server know that you are welcome on it 

Edited by D3ADW07F
  • Like 1

Can someone help with ark cluster setup (via Cyd's page 82 post). Basically trying to do this but I am a total noob at this thing. I have hosted before on ark server manager so I know the ark parameters but not sure how to setup the dockers/duckdns/config files properly in unraid. Willing to venmo someone like $20 bucks? Discord chat/screen share. I already have server files, just trying to transfer them from a windows VM to docker setup because windows VM unstable as shiz.

Edited by snailtrails
On 12/4/2021 at 1:35 PM, ich777 said:

No, this is not possible.

DayZ, also like a few other games (Space Engineers,...) are designed without Linux in mind and doesn't run with WINE.

You need a Windows machine or VM to run this game or at least the dedicated server.

Have you looked at this? Hasn't been updated since 2016 . . . It would appear that this guy got Space Engineers to work with Docker + WINE. I'm not smart enough to tinker and find out. 

Edited by RS7588
2 hours ago, RS7588 said:

Have you looked at this? Hasn't been updated since 2016 . . . It would appear that this guy got Space Engineers to work with Docker + WINE. I'm not smart enough to tinker and find out.

Yes, I know this container, but this container doesn't work anymore.

There was a time back then where WINE can ran Space Engineers but that changed and since then it wont run anymore because as said Space Engineets was designed without Linux in mind.

Just now, Ponder said:

Maybe a long shot, any possibility of a LEGO Universe docker via the Darkflame project: https://github.com/DarkflameUniverse/DarkflameServer

Can you tell me what this is? I found not much about this...

Where can I get LEGO Universe, nothing that I found on Steam... :D

I also saw that they have a massive ammount of issues open about many events not triggering, are you really sure that it is worth the time to look into this?

• Like 1