[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

52 minutes ago, spacecops said:

unfortunately it seems to get stuck in some sort of loop when the docker is started the second time onwards.

Please first of all turn of validation.

Have you changed something in the container template itself, I'm not able to reproduce this on my machine: lambdawars.log

An what machine are you running the container? CPU/Cores?

i cant start the No  Room in Hell docker

ERROR: Invalid game type 'Objective' sepecified.
Fri 11 Feb 2022 05:06:16 PM CET: Server Failed
Auto detecting CPU
Using default binary: ./srcds_linux
Server will auto-restart if there is a crash.
Add "-debug" to the /serverdata/serverfiles/srcds_run command line to generate a debug.log to help with solving this problem
Fri 11 Feb 2022 05:06:16 PM CET: Server restart in 10 seconds

i tought that i can name my server in the "GAME_NAME: " position

nvm iworks now with the stock template game naming

so it wants "GAME_NAME: nmrih" and nothing else :D fine so be it.

Edited by domrockt
  • Like 1

So for Satisfactory I am getting a version mismatch. I have tried re-starting the docker repeatedly, several times it looked as if it was updating SteamCMD but it doesn't do that anymore. Still my game version is 177909 while server is 176027. I have no idea how to fix or force an update.

Edit: Nevermind, I edited the parameters of the docker and set the validate to true. That seems to have forced the change.

Edited by Necrotic
15 hours ago, domrockt said:

GAME_NAME

GAME-NAME is actually the game name that Gold Source and Source games are using for knowing how to start and is a defined value by the developers. :)

Glad that you've sorted that. :)

You can change the name in the server.cfg, if non exists create it in: /mnt/cache/appdata/nomoreroominhell/nmrih/cfg/

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Necrotic said:

Edit: Nevermind, I edited the parameters of the docker and set the validate to true. That seems to have forced the change.

Is this a experimental build? Maybe you have to turn that on for experimental builds but keep in mind that this will lead to longer start times from the container because it's validating the game files each time the container starts.

Usually for stable branches it can take a while so that SteamCMD picks up the update and actually updates the game even if you enable validation, don't know what is causing this but some users having issues like that.

7 hours ago, ich777 said:

GAME-NAME is actually the game name that Gold Source and Source games are using for knowing how to start and is a defined value by the developers. :)

Glad that you've sorted that. :)

You can change the name in the server.cfg, if non exists create it in: /mnt/cache/appdata/nomoreroominhell/nmrih/cfg/

yes i did that, the docker works like charm, thank you for bringing them to us :D

• Like 1

Maybe someone can help me out with this. I'm having trouble loading any world files for Terraria. I tried moving the files into the appdata/terraria/Worlds directory and changing the serverconfig.txt file" world=/serverdata/serverfiles/Worlds/test.wld

After changing the config file the WebUI no longer loads. Is it that my file is incompatible or am I just doing it incorrectly.

7 hours ago, ich777 said:

It is easier to rename the world file to the default name.

Can you provide a log from the container?

---Checking if UID: 99 matches user---
usermod: no changes
---Checking if GID: 100 matches user---
usermod: no changes
---Setting umask to 000---
---Checking for optional scripts---
---No optional script found, continuing---
---Starting...---
---Version Check---

---Terraria Server v1.4.3.2 up-to-date---
---If you want to change the version add a Variable with the Key: 'TERRARIA_SRV_V' and the Value eg: '1.4.2.3'.

---Prepare Server---
---Server ready---
---Checking for old logs---
---Start Server---
Error Logging Enabled.

[?1h=[6nServer crash: 2/13/2022 5:26:37 AM
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at Terraria.Main.DedServ () [0x00b03] in <1b505276ebdb4fbba2101c33a9471d53>:0
at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame (System.String[] args, System.Boolean monoArgs) [0x000b2] in <1b505276ebdb4fbba2101c33a9471d53>:0

Please send crashlog.txt to [email protected]
Terminated
[?1l>[39;49m

Edited by srayne
On 2/12/2022 at 2:22 AM, ich777 said:

Is this a experimental build? Maybe you have to turn that on for experimental builds but keep in mind that this will lead to longer start times from the container because it's validating the game files each time the container starts.

Usually for stable branches it can take a while so that SteamCMD picks up the update and actually updates the game even if you enable validation, don't know what is causing this but some users having issues like that.

So I am not entirely sure what was going on. I must've restarted the container like 20 times. Sometimes it looked as if it was updated steamcmd, other times not (I am not sure if the update was failing or something). In any case, I simply enabled the validation, ran it once until it loaded right, then disabled validation. Not running experimental as far as I know (I see no flags for it).

Edited by Necrotic
  • Thanks 1
17 minutes ago, pmcnano said:

@ich777idk if you noticed, nor if it's normal. But the Craftopia docker seems to be using a lot of CPU all the time? Even with no activity?

Please look at the log, the release notes from Craftopia and also the CA App.

The Linux build is Experimental, the log will tell you also that it's Experimental and I've also marked it as Beta in the CA App because it's an Experimental dedicated server currently.

Can't do anything about the high CPU usage and I know that this is a common thing for the Craftopia dedicated server, you can try to lower the rendering FPS in your server settings but keep in mind if you do so that you may have unexpected behaviour on your clients too.

I would strongly recommend that you go to the Craftopia Forums or the Steam Community Hub and ask if there is any ETA for a fix for this.

1 hour ago, Fantucie said:

Okat I see, I just asked if I could use the docker console or something like an console for the server 😛

I've recently released a unRAID plugin (RCON) so that you actually can connect to the game server from the unRAID console with this plugin.

Question regarding the Starbound docker.
I noticed you're still using the "Starbound Dedicated Server" from steam, but this is and most likely will never get the last updated server files.
"Starbound Dedicated Server" files are at version 1.4.3
"Starbound"s included server files are at version 1.4.4
With the current starbound version you get a mismatch files message upon trying to join a 1.4.3 server.

I wonder if it would be possible to get either an update to the current docker, or a new docker that uses the actual "Starbound" steamid instead of the Dedicated Server one?

I've manually fixed it for myself, by just copying over the serverfiles.

Edited by ErikRedbeard
On 12/21/2021 at 7:25 AM, ich777 said:

Sure thing, you can either log in as admin with the admin password or you can connect to the game console by opening up a unRAID terminal and enter: 'docker exec -u steam -ti NAMEOFYOURCONTAINER screen -xS PZ' (without quotes and of course replace NAMEOFYOURCONTAINER with the container name, should be ProjectZomboid).

This is also mentioned in the description from the container itself:

image.thumb.png.9ac4972f024f4c8b7e7fa42c88454a8b.png

Hope that helps.

Came across this as I am trying to understand how to play/set admin controls. Can you not log into the game as admin and play as admin? or can you only change setting by the ini and lua files? 

if you can use the server password that is set up to log into the server, so whats the user and password?

Help a noob understand.

Thanks!!

10 hours ago, ErikRedbeard said:

I noticed you're still using the "Starbound Dedicated Server" from steam, but this is and most likely will never get the last updated server files.

I think this is something the developers from Starbound need to fix.

Is there any post that you can send me a link to where they mention that the standalone version should be used.

Can you maybe also point me to the files that are required to set up a standalone dedicated server.

May issue with that is that I don't own Starbound personally and really can't do much testing with.

1 hour ago, ich777 said:

I think this is something the developers from Starbound need to fix.

Is there any post that you can send me a link to where they mention that the standalone version should be used.

Can you maybe also point me to the files that are required to set up a standalone dedicated server.

May issue with that is that I don't own Starbound personally and really can't do much testing with.

If you install the actual Starbound game on linux you get the same filestructure which also includes the starbound server files.
It's just that the specific Dedicated Server Steam ID (533830) that you're currently using has never been updated and is at 1.4.3.
But the actual Starbound Steam ID (211820) contains both the game and the serverfiles for version 1.4.4.

But yeah. If you don't own Starbound itself it's hard to test.
From what I can see the folder structure of both is identical.

But afaik there is no legal official way to get 1.4.4 dedicated server files without owning Starbound itself.
And from what I know Starbound isn't receiving any more updates. So I'm not expecting the free dedicated server tools to ever receive said update.

Hence why I resorted to copying over the files from a 211820 steamcmd install and blanking the username/password in the docker.
And now it's running 1.4.4 for me.

8 minutes ago, ErikRedbeard said:

But afaik there is no legal official way to get 1.4.4 dedicated server files without owning Starbound itself.

Than it would be really hard to create a container for it also I don't like the idea of placing the files manually...

8 minutes ago, ErikRedbeard said:

Hence why I resorted to copying over the files from a 211820 steamcmd install and blanking the username/password in the docker.

Please don't fill in Steam credentials when they are not marked with the red asterisk (*) in the template, this could also prevent the download/update.