[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

14 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Can you tell me what this is? I found not much about this...

Where can I get LEGO Universe, nothing that I found on Steam... :D

Lego shut down the Lego Universe servers a decade ago. Since then there's been a group trying to revive it, and sounds like they have a final open source release for private use: https://darkflameuniverse.org/

I'll give it a whirl on a VM and circle back later if the issues get stomped. Thanks for looking into it!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 2/22/2022 at 12:35 AM, ich777 said:

Maybe @Cyd will be somewhen araound again and can help with this, I've never set up a cluster for Ark, or maybe someone else can also help...

I figured it out mostly. He posted the xml templates for the dockers on his github. He created a companion docker that handles server backups, allows server dynamic config (adjust in-game systems without shutting down the game server first), and most importantly automatically handles ark server updates and mod management.

https://github.com/CydFSA/A3C

He also posted the docker xml templates for your gameserver docker that is more tailored to ark server hosting, maybe you could add it to your default ark gamedocker template?

Edited by snailtrails
14 minutes ago, snailtrails said:

He also posted the docker xml templates for your gameserver docker that is more tailored to ark server hosting

I don't know what you mean with that?

My template is for single server hosting and nothing more...

Modding is always up to the users itself but I try to help where I can but I've never set up a ARK cluster...

14 minutes ago, snailtrails said:

I figured it out mostly. He posted the xml templates for the dockers on his github.

Exactly that is what his GitHub is for and I think the post that is recommended tells you that IIRC.

4 minutes ago, ich777 said:

I don't know what you mean with that?

My template is for single server hosting and nothing more...

Modding is always up to the users itself but I try to help where I can but I've never set up a ARK cluster...

Exactly that is what his GitHub is for and I think the post that is recommended tells you that IIRC.

Yep, his template is little more setup for multi-server hosting (clustering) vs yours which is single server hosting. Maybe two ark docker versions templates? Clustering isn't a mod, it just allows you host multiple server maps and so that players can travel between the servers/maps. Ark official servers are setup that way.

Edited by snailtrails
1 minute ago, snailtrails said:

Yep, his template is little more setup for multi-server hosting (clustering) vs yours which is single server hosting. Maybe two ark docker versions templates?

That was already discussed and could cause really much confusion for new users, also it would be a bit difficult on how to implement that in the CA App since you need more different templates, the paths can be different, the ports,...

I think also another reason was how many Cluster templates that you put on the CA App, 1, 2, 3,..., 11,...

Creating a cluster is nothing for beginners and if a beginner uses the wrong template from the CA App or thinks that something like this is easy to setup I also have to give support for. That's why it was decided to recommend the post and not put it on the CA App.

1 minute ago, snailtrails said:

Clustering isn't a mod

Yes I know, but keep in mind Modding is not a Mod.

Modding means for me any modification to the server what is done by the user,  that also includes that more servers/containers act as one server.

8 minutes ago, ich777 said:

That was already discussed and could cause really much confusion for new users, also it would be a bit difficult on how to implement that in the CA App since you need more different templates, the paths can be different, the ports,...

I think also another reason was how many Cluster templates that you put on the CA App, 1, 2, 3,..., 11,...

Creating a cluster is nothing for beginners and if a beginner uses the wrong template from the CA App or thinks that something like this is easy to setup I also have to give support for. That's why it was decided to recommend the post and not put it on the CA App.

Yes I know, but keep in mind Modding is not a Mod.

Modding means for me any modification to the server what is done by the user,  that also includes that more servers/containers act as one server.

Understood, thank you for feedback and support

• Like 1
On 2/17/2022 at 10:00 PM, ich777 said:

This is really strange since it is working just normal on my test system with 6.9.2:

image.png.5ea97e57206abf4c593e433ad5f48241.png

Do you have anything special installed through the NerdPack or from somewhere else? Do you have Unassigned Devices installed on your server?

EDIT: Ah, now I get it, if you install UnassignedDevices and UnassignedDevices Plus it is working... :D

I will add a check if the required package is installed and install it if it isn't installed next week.

EDIT2: Released an update from the RCON plugin that now installs the missing libraries if they are not already installed.

Ayyéé ! Sorry I totally missed your message from my notification box :( 
But yeah now it work with your update ! Same that I was only missing some dependancie ! Thanks for the help and support provide !

• Like 1

Hey guys, i'm trying to run a 7 days server!

Problem is, I"ve forwarded all the required ports to my dell poweredge from my router but people still can't connect. I'm using vanilla 26900 port for tests, I can connect via lan but not from outside my network. Quick google port scan says my 26900 is indeed open to outside. Now, this may or may not be an unraid issue, anyway has any input? Using network setting Bridge (tried host and custom) Thanks!

2 hours ago, auth100488 said:

Now, this may or may not be an unraid issue, anyway has any input?

Definitely not... ;)

2 hours ago, auth100488 said:

What ports have you forwarded? Please forward all the ports that are in the template with the according protocol, except for "TCP2 - Web base control" and "TCP3 - Web Panel".

You also can @Spectral Force's Discord where he also helps me out with support for 7DtD: Click

6 hours ago, ich777 said:

Definitely not... ;)

What ports have you forwarded? Please forward all the ports that are in the template with the according protocol, except for "TCP2 - Web base control" and "TCP3 - Web Panel".

You also can @Spectral Force's Discord where he also helps me out with support for 7DtD: Click

Thank you for your answer. I think the bug was in my router. I did not touch a single thing and its working now. So I guess my isp provided router is garbage hehe! Thanks for the quick reply tho! Also good job on those game servers I find them very easy to use and run multiple instances.

Edited by auth100488
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Russkito said:

Hey , getting this error with all of your dockers, need help :)

On what Unraid version are you?

It seems like it failed to download SteamCMD, I would recommend to stop the container, delete the folders for steamcmd and the game itself from your appdata directory and try to start the container again.

Since last Arma-Docker Update i tried the first time to start the Arma-Server.

The Server starts, but it doesnt show in InternetBrowser and if i would try to connect i kicked with "steam authentication failed"

My guess is something wrong with steam client (ELF class).

I've deleted "steamcmd" folder and "Steamapps" related things in the server folder. -> No success

My Server is a Phenom II so i have all run all in 32bit. How can i change this to 32bit version? Can you please add a option to change that between 32 and 64 bit (with 64bit is default) or give me some hints for change that?

It would be so cool if that can be changed by "edit"-Page in Unraid-Docker. It would be creat the choose this for the steam client and on top also for the server exe.

THX in advance

Log:

18:01:03 MovesType CfgMovesMaleSdr load time 20300.0 ms
dlopen failed trying to load:
steamclient.so
with error:
steamclient.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64
[S_API FAIL] SteamAPI_Init(): Sys_LoadModule failed to load: steamclient.so
[S_API FAIL] SteamAPI_Init() failed
18:01:04 Initializing Steam server failed
Arma 3 Console version 2.06.148470 x86 : port 2302
18:01:04 Mission DynBulwarks_dev_20200817_WMod_0v7.vn_khe_sanh read from bank.
18:01:04 mpmissions\__cur_mp.vn_khe_sanh\mission.sqm/Mission/Entities/Item47/Entities/Item1.type: Unknown enum value Land
18:01:04 Mission DynBulwarks_dev_20200817_WMod_0v7.vn_khe_sanh: Number of roles (13) is different from 'description.ext::Header::maxPlayer' (12)
18:01:04 Host identity created.

Edited by John2222
2 hours ago, John2222 said:

Since last Arma-Docker Update i tried the first time to start the Arma-Server.

The Server starts, but it doesnt show in InternetBrowser and if i would try to connect i kicked with "steam authentication failed"

I'm getting the exact same errors. I pulled the container and removed all the files in appdata and steamcmd. Reinstalled the container with no config changes and still get the same issue.

3 hours ago, John2222 said:

Phenom II

Your Phenom is well capable of x64 since this is a 64 bit CPU as you can see here where it supports x86_64.

Please try to stop the container, delete the file "steamclient.so" that lives in your main directory for ArmA3 and start the container up again.

It is very strange that your server tries to load the x86 version because it should load the x64 version instead, maybe also try to do a grafik.png.fa60117c24b21f088b460de1533a93ab.png from the container itself if the above doesn't help.

I've now tried it and it loads up just fine on my server.

1 hour ago, runesque said:

I'm getting the exact same errors.

Do you have any AdBlocking software on your network? Maybe try to disable it.

It looks like the container can't download this file (which btw works fine from my machine) and so the whole container can't work because SteamCMD is missing.

54 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Do you have any AdBlocking software on your network? Maybe try to disable it.

It looks like the container can't download this file (which btw works fine from my machine) and so the whole container can't work because SteamCMD is missing.

No adblocking software on the network.

6 hours ago, runesque said:

No adblocking software on the network.

Can you download the linked file from above on your desktop?

I just tried it and it works flawlessly (ArmA3 container).

Have you changed anything in the template?

EDIT: Are you sire that the container has access to the internet since from what I see in the log it also can't download the libraries for Ark and they are pulled from GitHub.

17 hours ago, ich777 said:

It seems like it failed to download SteamCMD, I would recommend to stop the container, delete the folders for steamcmd and the game itself from your appdata directory and try to start the container again.

tried what you recommended and still not working, getting the exact same errors

1 hour ago, Russkito said:

tried what you recommended and still not working, getting the exact same errors

Can you download this file if you can actually download it?

I just tried it and it works flawlessly (ArmA3 container).

Have you changed anything in the template?

Are you sure that the container has access to the internet since from what I see in the log it also can't download the libraries for Ark and they are pulled from GitHub.

18 hours ago, ich777 said:

Your Phenom is well capable of x64 since this is a 64 bit CPU as you can see here where it supports x86_64.

Please try to stop the container, delete the file "steamclient.so" that lives in your main directory for ArmA3 and start the container up again.

It is very strange that your server tries to load the x86 version because it should load the x64 version instead, maybe also try to do a grafik.png.fa60117c24b21f088b460de1533a93ab.png from the container itself if the above doesn't help.

I've now tried it and it loads up just fine on my server.

The Phenom has not all newer instruction sets, for example AVX is missing. I think thats the problem with some 64 apps. 

So i do your suggestions (again):
* deleted steamcmd folder

* deleted all .so files from arma folder (so also steamclient.so)

* i deleted also the profile folder

* force update i tried at the first try , so i skipped.

Nothing has changed.

17:26:26 MovesType CfgMovesMaleSdr load time 20909.0 ms
dlopen failed trying to load:
steamclient.so
with error:
steamclient.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64
[S_API FAIL] SteamAPI_Init(): Sys_LoadModule failed to load: steamclient.so
[S_API FAIL] SteamAPI_Init() failed
17:26:27 Initializing Steam server failed
Arma 3 Console version 2.06.148470 x86 : port 2302
17:26:27 Mission DynBulwarks_dev_20200817_WMod_0v7.vn_khe_sanh read from bank.
17:26:27 mpmissions\__cur_mp.vn_khe_sanh\mission.sqm/Mission/Entities/Item47/Entities/Item1.type: Unknown enum value Land
17:26:27 Host identity created.
17:26:27 Mission DynBulwarks_dev_20200817_WMod_0v7.vn_khe_sanh: Number of roles (13) is different from 'description.ext::Header::maxPlayer' (12)

Can you tell, what was the change from the last docker update?

Edited by John2222
Just now, John2222 said:

Can you tell, what was the change from the last docker update?

The last update, that was pushed about 25days ago I think, changed the executable from 32bit to 64 bit.

I will look into this, when did you first experienced that issue, since as said above, the last update to DockerHub was made about 25days ago.

I will look into that if I can make it 32bit compatible again, please give me one or two days.

Just now, John2222 said:

What processor is running in your rig?

i5-10600

Does ArmA3 need AVX anyways? I'm really not to sure...

Oh thank you very much.

With the question of the processor i meant the other guy with problems. :)

Thing with Arma is, that the 32bit executable is running with Phenom II, the 64 doesn't. At the moment the container is running with the 32bit per default.

So my suggestions is to set the executables on 64bit but make it in the "edit"-Site of the contaier selectable (for both, steamclient and arma exe).

BTW: Last week Bohemia makes in his "performamance" exes some tweaks for better performance on more low end maschines. So it would make sense to support maschines like the phenoms a littlle more. :)

Edited by John2222