[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

36 minutes ago, ra4e1 said:

Will there be a remote console for GMod or CSGO anytime soon?

You can always use RCON as a remote console because both of them have the ability to use RCON.

May I ask for what do you need a remote console?

1 hour ago, ra4e1 said:

Well I added the cache drive and now it worked right oob. So was it caused by the filesystem?

Maybe, really can't tell, on my disk that is formatted with XFS in Unassigned Devices it works flawlessly...

Please make sure that the share the the game is on is set to use Cache "Only" or "Prefer" otherwise you could run into new trouble...

Has the path in the template also changed to /mnt/cache/appdata or am I wrong?

11 hours ago, ich777 said:

Nope, this variable is really "unstable/unreliable" sometimes and your IP can be blacklisted from Steam if you do too many requests on their API.

...not to mention if you are on a unstable branch this can get pretty complicated quick.

Thanks for the info, and I understand why.

I have however, decided to trial a userscript I come across; so far I think it'll be enough for my needs.

Thanks again for the container!

4 hours ago, ra1k_0 said:

I have however, decided to trial a userscript I come across; so far I think it'll be enough for my needs.

You can use the RCON plugin in combination with a user script to first send a message to the server that it goes down/restarts in a certain ammount of time and then do a docker restart GarrysMod or whatever.

Just a idea… :)

Another question I have is, I'm trying to update .ini files inside the server config folder and the are overridden ever container restart.

I've tried chown to root and also making the files read only, they still get overridden.

Is there a way for me to change these and prevent them from changing??

Thanks again.

44 minutes ago, ra1k_0 said:

Another question I have is, I'm trying to update .ini files inside the server config folder and the are overridden ever container restart.

Have you stopped the container before editing the file?

Have you turned on validation? If yes, turn it please off.

3 minutes ago, ra1k_0 said:

Validation is off and yes, the container is stopped when editing.

About what container are we talking? GarrysMod or CSGO?

I also run a CSGO server and I have no issue editing the server.cfg files or whatever...

From what I know if there is a configuration error in the GerrysMod dedicated server the ini files are reset, what are you trying to modify?

6 minutes ago, ich777 said:

About what container are we talking? GarrysMod or CSGO?

I also run a CSGO server and I have no issue editing the server.cfg files or whatever...

From what I know if there is a configuration error in the GerrysMod dedicated server the ini files are reset, what are you trying to modify?

Ah yes, that would help! Sorry; I'm trying to edit the Engine.ini, Game.ini and Scalability.ini files in Satisfactory server.

I'm trying to change the values recommended on the wiki. https://satisfactory.fandom.com/wiki/Multiplayer#Engine.ini

14 minutes ago, ra1k_0 said:

I see what you're saying however there are recommended tweaks that help multiplayer performance that can / should be applied to the server too if clients have them configured. For some reason the container is overriding manually set files, that is my main issue.

This is not the container, this is the dedicated server, the container does nothing to the game files... ;)

It should be the same on bare metal. The container does nothing else like on bare metal only automated.

17 minutes ago, ich777 said:

This is not the container, this is the dedicated server, the container does nothing to the game files... ;)

It should be the same on bare metal. The container does nothing else like on bare metal only automated.

I'm not sure about that as I can change the files on the dedicated server I have running directly in an ubuntu server without them being overridden. I only have this issue with the container. Nevertheless, the container works out the box and that is appreciated. Guess I'll just wait until the devs make the tweaks default.

Thanks.

14 minutes ago, ra1k_0 said:

I only have this issue with the container.

As said above, the container does nothing to the files.

I really can't tell why it's not working, I only remember that someone reported just a few weeks ago the same thing for the game Longvinter but it turns out that this only happens when the server is running while the files are changed.

Btw, you don't have to chmod anything, the files should all be editable when the container is stopped.

New to Unraid, and trying to get a Conan Exiles server setup. I did not change any of the docker install config, however, I continue to get the same error, and the server never starts no matter how many times I've tried to un-install/re-install. Conan seems to be the only game/docker that has this issue. Ark, 7d2d, Valheim all seem to startup/run OK. 

Is there some specific plugin that's needed, or do I have to have a video card or something installed? 

Looking at the logs, I see this ->

00f8:fixme:advapi:RegisterEventSourceW ((null),L"ConanSandbox-PID244"): stub
00f8:err:winediag:ntlm_check_version ntlm_auth was not found or is outdated. Make sure that ntlm_auth >= 3.0.25 is in your path. Usually, you can find it in the winbind package of your distribution.
00f8:err:ntlm:ntlm_LsaApInitializePackage no NTLM support, expect problems

00f8:fixme:advapi:ReportEventW (00000000CAFE4242,0x0002,0x0000,0x80000002,0000000000000000,0x0001,0x00000000,00000000004EB218,0000000000000000): stub
00f8:fixme:advapi:ReportEventW

It loads a whole bunch of those stub fixme advapi events then I see the following and the it re-starts the whole process over and over -> 

(00000000CAFE4242,0x0002,0x0000,0x80000002,0000000000000000,0x0001,0x00000000,00000000004EB218,0000000000000000): stub
00f8:fixme:advapi:ReportEventW (00000000CAFE4242,0x0002,0x0000,0x80000002,0000000000000000,0x0001,0x00000000,00000000004EB218,0000000000000000): stub
00f8:err:seh:call_stack_handlers invalid frame 000000000BA83BB4 (0000000000022000-00000000004F0000)
00f8:err:seh:NtRaiseException Exception frame is not in stack limits => unable to dispatch exception.
0024:fixme:kernelbase:AppPolicyGetProcessTerminationMethod FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFA, 00000000004EFD70
X connection to :99 broken (explicit kill or server shutdown).

I feel like I've gotta be missing something here. It did look like some other folks had this same issue, but I was unable to find any post with a fix. Any suggestions or ideas would be fantastic!
Thank you

Edited by Helzminion
  • Upvote 1
3 hours ago, Helzminion said:

Is there some specific plugin that's needed, or do I have to have a video card or something installed? 

No.

On what Unraid version are you?

Can you please post the full output from this command when the container is stopped:

docker container logs ConanExiles

(maybe past everything in a text file and post it here because this log will be long)

Do you have a Cache drive installed? If yes to what is the appdata share set in terms of Use Cache in the Share settings?

1 minute ago, Draconicwraith said:

for the Conan Exiles server, what does it mean when in the installer it asks about workshop content?  Is this for any mods I want to run? 

Exactly, please look at the Docker template, there is a variable in there where it describes what to do.

2 minutes ago, Draconicwraith said:

Spawn rates, ect.

Simply go to your appdata share and got to the folder for conanexiles and edit the files there (from your local file browser over SMB or even SFTP).

3 minutes ago, Draconicwraith said:

I am going through UnRaid

Simply click on the container and select Edit there you should see this variable:

grafik.thumb.png.fb2bee063a2ff139c3407c75bb09e87f.png

59 minutes ago, Helzminion said:

I am running Unraid version 6.9.2

Was it running before or is this the first time you've installed it?

Actually that's really odd because for @Draconicwraith it's working, at least the base game, don't know about the workshop content yet, but this could sometimes also break the game.

What CPU are you running?

Please turn off validation...

I would recommend to start over again, delete the container, delete the folder forl conanexiles in your appdata directory and pull a fresh copy from the CA App.