[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

20 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Was it running before or is this the first time you've installed it?

This is the first time I've installed it. I just built my box, and got Unraid setup a couple days ago. I did try to add mods the first time I installed, but removed that on the newer go round just in case that was borking it. 

What CPU are you running?

11th Gen Intel® Core™ i9-11900K @ 3.50GHz

Please turn off validation...

Will do

I would recommend to start over again, delete the container, delete the folder forl conanexiles in your appdata directory and pull a fresh copy from the CA App.

Will do. 

Edited by Helzminion

I need some help with CSGO container, when i start it after an container update, it says in console

-- type 'quit' to exit --
Loading Steam API...OK

Connecting anonymously to Steam Public...Connectivity test: result=Connected, in progress=0
OK
Waiting for client config...OK
Waiting for user info...OK
Success! App '740' already up to date.
---Prepare Server---
---Server ready---
---Start Server---
/serverdata/serverfiles/srcds_run: 32: pushd: not found
/serverdata/serverfiles/srcds_run: 35: popd: not found
Server will auto-restart if there is a crash.
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/serverdata/serverfiles/bin:/serverdata/serverfiles:/serverdata/serverfiles/bin:
#Unable to find gameinfo.txt. Solutions:

1. Read http://www.valve-erc.com/srcsdk/faq.html#NoGameDir
2. Run vconfig to specify which game you're working on.
3. Add -game <path> on the command line where <path> is the directory that gameinfo.txt is in.

and it spams this, nothing else

6 hours ago, Nodiaque said:

I was wondering if you could add Dark and Light?

The dedicated server is only available for Windows from what I see and I‘m not to sure if this game will even run on Linux through WINE.

I also have stopped to create game servers for games that I‘ve personally don‘t own because giving support for those containers is a nightmare.

8 hours ago, Helzminion said:

Same issue. 

I really don't know what's causing this on your setup...

I've now tried it on my server and it works flawlessly, here is the log after the first installation: ConanExiles.log and I also can browse it in the Steam Server Browser:

image.png.fbbfa0a7b116ed0b9cc314bb60722c1d.png

Can you maybe share your Diagnostics, but I can't tell for sure if I can help you after you've shared them.

8 hours ago, EndreEndi said:

I need some help with CSGO container, when i start it after an container update, it says in console

I've never experienced such a thing, do you have a Cache drive installed, if yes to what is the appdata share set in terms of Use Cache set in your Share settings?

Can you post the full log output in a text file maybe?

I've now tried a fresh install and it works right OOB: CSGO.log and I also can browse it in the Steam Sever browser:

image.png.6334b88721523db02896df6d3de15240.png

Maybe try to start over, delete the container, delete the csgo folder in your appdata directory and pull a fresh copy from the CA App.

1 hour ago, Helzminion said:

Attached diagnostics.

Not related but the first thing that I've noticed in the go file:

modprobe i915
chmod -R 777 /dev/dri

and you also have the Intel GPU TOP plugin installed.

Please remove those two lines from the go file because the Intel GPU TOP plugin handles everything for you.

From what I see you are using a XFS formatted drive for the Docker Cache or am I wrong? Please check first if the path in the template points to that Cache driver.

A thing that I've discovered recently is that maybe XFS is maybe the issue, do you have a spare disk lying around that you can mount in UnassignedDevcies, format it with BTRFS and try to install the game (at least the game files there)?

I remember reading somewhere that some games have issues with XFS, but this was already a while back.

Removed the un-necessary from the go file, thank you for the heads up on that. 

I did have a spare NVME that I re-formatted to BTRFS and pointed the game files there, no luck.

I then tried pointing the whole install to that disk, still no luck. (same error)

I suspect it's most likely specific to my setup or hardware, as it seems to work for others, and all of your other dockers I've tried work fine. 

After almost a week of messing with it, and trying to troubleshoot, I think I may just move on to a Windows VM, or host that particular game from my PC. 

I appreciate all your efforts, suggestions, and game dockers! Thank you. 

11 minutes ago, Helzminion said:

After almost a week of messing with it, and trying to troubleshoot, I think I may just move on to a Windows VM, or host that particular game from my PC. 

Can you post a screenshot from the entire template for ConanExiles?

I would strongly recommend that you not just point the existing template to the new drive, I would recommend that you really start over, delete everything related to the ConanExiles container and pull a fresh copy from the CA App.

TBH, I think I never saw this error, seems like it doesn't start the xvfb server but I actually can't tell why that happnes on your system. Have you changed anything else to the container, maybe mounted another directory or do you change anything in terms of the /tmp path inside the container?

Do you use a docker.img or do you use the path? Maybe it's related because the Docker images are on a XFS filesystem, but that's only another guess, as said above, I've tried it this morning and it works flawlessly.

11 minutes ago, Helzminion said:

to remove the WINE64 folder that I was unable to delete from previous attempts. 

You can always remove that folder from the console pretty quick, in your case the command would be:

rm -rf /mnt/docker_cache/appdata/conanexiles

(but be very careful with that command since it deletes folders and if used wrong you could delete more than just one folder...)

12 minutes ago, Helzminion said:

This is the template, I'm not changing any of the settings, download and install with the setttings exactly as they are shown

Please keep me updated if it is working after you've did this, sorry for that many tries, but it's really strange that it won't work on your system...

Unfortunately no luck.

I also manually changed the SteamCMD directory to see if that helps

from ->  /mnt/user/appdata/steamcmd 

to -> /mnt/docker_cache/appdata/steamcmd/

I still get the same error. 

No worries about the re-tries. I appreciate your assistance. I've scoured reddit, youtube, google, the conan exiles forums, and the forums here, and there is very little info regarding those errors. I'm pretty sure it has something to do specifically with my setup, or hardware/motherboard at this point. Considering how few people seem to have issues, it has to be something specific to what I'm using

21 minutes ago, Helzminion said:

No worries about the re-tries. I appreciate your assistance. I've scoured reddit, youtube, google, the conan exiles forums, and the forums here, and there is very little info regarding those errors.

Do you get the X error every time?

X connection to :99 broken (explicit kill or server shutdown).

Can you maybe post a log when running the container on a BTRFS drive?

As you can see from my log above I have many warnings from WINE in my log too but the server is running fine.

Can you please point me to the threads where people have issues with this exact same error?

38 minutes ago, Drewbzz said:

Whats the easiest way to change max players on the game Satisfactory,

See here: Click

You find the file in your satisfactory folder that is located in your appdata directory.

But keep in mind that this can have various downsides (high system resource usage, crashes from the dedicated server, high latency,...) since the dedicated server is still in beta and considered experimental.

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Do you get the X error every time?

Yep, same error 

Can you maybe post a log when running the container on a BTRFS drive?

Posted

As you can see from my log above I have many warnings from WINE in my log too but the server is running fine.

Can you please point me to the threads where people have issues with this exact same error?

Looks like I was mistaken, I thought the issue was that Call_Stack_Handler, but appears that is pretty consistent.

I did see Earendur on thread page 206 had a similar issue, except he was receiving Fatal errors on his, so it's not the exact same. I can't find anyone with the exact same. 

conanlogBTRFS.txt

@Helzminion it is really strange to me since you are running this on 11th gen and it doesn‘t work and on my 10th gen it works just flawlessly…

From your Diagnostics I saw that you are booting with UEFI, can you try to boot with Legacy (CSM)?

I don‘t think that this will make any difference at all but I really don‘t get it why it won‘t work for you…

1 hour ago, ich777 said:

See here: Click

You find the file in your satisfactory folder that is located in your appdata directory.

But keep in mind that this can have various downsides (high system resource usage, crashes from the dedicated server, high latency,...) since the dedicated server is still in beta and considered experimental.

Thank you for the quick reply,
Not sure why it dose not want to work,
any chance we can get it added as an extra in the docket and have a warning ?
Below GAME_ID: ?
above
UDP 1 - Game Port:

1 minute ago, Drewbzz said:

Thank you for the quick reply,
Not sure why it dose not want to work,

What does not work? If you change the value? Male sure that validiation in the template is turned off and also that you stop the container, edit the file and them start it again.

What have you changed exactly?

Have you also tested if more than 4 people can connect? Maybe it‘s simply displayed wrong because the game is not designed to have more than 4 players connected.

1 minute ago, Drewbzz said:

any chance we can get it added as an extra in the docket and have a warning ?

No, because then someone else wants me to add an option for another game setting in the template and so on.

That is not how a setting in a settings file should be changed, that‘s always up to the user.

5 hours ago, ich777 said:

@Helzminion it is really strange to me since you are running this on 11th gen and it doesn‘t work and on my 10th gen it works just flawlessly…

From your Diagnostics I saw that you are booting with UEFI, can you try to boot with Legacy (CSM)?

I don‘t think that this will make any difference at all but I really don‘t get it why it won‘t work for you…

I attempted to boot legacy (CSM) and still get the same error. I'm starting to think it's a user error/ some setting I'm missing on my  motherboard., I had a hell of a time getting it to boot legacy. Ended up having to flash the CMOS a couple times, and by default it always wants to boot UEFI first. I can't seem to change that. I did find a nice Windows server application posted on the Funcom forums though. I think I'm just going to run with that for the time being. I may still fiddle with it from time to time, and if I get it figured out I'll let ya know. But after 3 or 4 solid days of trying to get this one docker to work, I'm burnt out. All the rest are working fine.

Thank you for all your assistance, I really do appreciate it. 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, CarlMarks22 said:

how would one go about installing mods into the TModloader docker?

Got to your appdata directory (I recommend via SMB) and place the mods in the appropriate folder in your terraria-tmodloader directory.

how would one manage to change the difficulty

Please see here as above except for the directory: Click

(the file is located in the main Terraria directory for the container named "serverconfig.txt" - don't forget to stop the container in the first place, edit the file and then start it again)

change the world given with the default docker

Create a new world on your local PC that is named "world" (without quotes) and replace the files in the Worlds directory.

You can of course create it with another world name but then you have to change the parameter "worldname" in the serverconfig.txt to the corresponding world name (case sensitive!).