[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

34 minutes ago, beejay_one said:

but i figured out, that it's not the most recent version. They update it every 2 years or so an the last one was in december 21. Do you still maintain this one? :)

Sure thing, but I don't play every game that I've made containers for... :D

Will fix that, give me a bit and I will report back when it's updated.

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, Assaro said:

So I Installed your GarrysMod Docker but i cant seem to get the CSS Files mounted. Everything else is working just fine, except for that. Any help on how to do the mount.cfg setup in the container?

What have you done so far (maybe I will answer tomorrow, getting a bit late here and I‘m really tired today :/ ).

13 minutes ago, ich777 said:

What have you done so far (maybe I will answer tomorrow, getting a bit late here and I‘m really tired today :/ ).

I took my old settings and config files and put them into the gmod install in the container, adjusted the start parameters and then downloaded the cs:source files and moved them to a separate folder. i then created a path that linked to it and set the path in the mount.cfg

On 3/16/2022 at 1:34 AM, ich777 said:

The dedicated server is only available for Windows from what I see and I‘m not to sure if this game will even run on Linux through WINE.

I also have stopped to create game servers for games that I‘ve personally don‘t own because giving support for those containers is a nightmare.

Ah ok. I was sure that other game like Conan exiles and 7 days to die were windows only, thus I though it was simple to do. 

I think I have to learn to do container like you did. By understanding how this work, I could them myself. 

Thanks

4 hours ago, Nodiaque said:

Conan

I run Conan through WINE because there is only a Windows dedicated server.

7 days to die

For 7DtD is a Linux dedicated server available.

By understanding how this work, I could them myself. 

I can try to create a container for this game but you always have to keep in mind if there is only a Windows dedicated server available it may work or may not or even will work for a certain ammount of time and then the developers release a update of the game which break it if it runs through WINE.

take for example Space Engineers it ran through WINE about 6 years ago but then the developers released an update which broke everything and the game wouldn‘t woutk anymore with WINE.

Empyrion is also a game that won‘t run through WINE because these games where designed wothout Linux in mind.

If you want me to try to create a container for your requested game you can always donate it to me and I will look into it, but because it‘s only available on Windows it may not work.

10 hours ago, Assaro said:

i then created a path that linked to it and set the path in the mount.cfg

What path are you using?

where the files that you copied over from a Windows machine?

10 hours ago, Assaro said:

Everything else works

Do you have already other games installed?

6 hours ago, ich777 said:

What path are you using?

where the files that you copied over from a Windows machine?

Do you have already other games installed?

"mountcfg"
{
"cstrike"	"/gmod_custom_content/css/cstrike"
"tf"		"/gmod_custom_content/tf2/tf"
"hl2"		"/gmod_custom_content/hl2/hl2"
"episodic	"/gmod_custom_content/hl2e1/episodic"
"ep2"		"/gmod_custom_content/hl2e2/ep2"
"hl1mp"		"/gmod_custom_content/hl_deathmatch_source"

}

gmod_custom_content is a folder at the root of the gmod folder

Everything has been downloaded on my old ubuntu server using Steamcmd.

It has been moved using Windows though.
Used TheForest for  a while, but completely removed all files before installing garrysmod, including the steamcmd folder 

Bild_2022-03-19_134321.png

Bild_2022-03-19_134339.png

1 hour ago, Assaro said:

gmod_custom_content is a folder at the root of the gmod folder

I see the folder but the actual folders for the game content are not in there from what I see in your screenshot.

Please also keep in mind the full path to the files in the container is: /serverdata/serverfiles

1 hour ago, Assaro said:

Used TheForest for  a while, but completely removed all files before installing garrysmod

I don‘t understand what TheForest and GarrysMod have to do with each other…

You can run multiple instances from TheForest and/or GarrysMod and/or any other game server from me without interfering with each other, when configured right.

7 hours ago, ich777 said:

I see the folder but the actual folders for the game content are not in there from what I see in your screenshot.

Please also keep in mind the full path to the files in the container is: /serverdata/serverfiles

I don‘t understand what TheForest and GarrysMod have to do with each other…

You can run multiple instances from TheForest and/or GarrysMod and/or any other game server from me without interfering with each other, when configured right.

So after a little bit more talking the solution was found to be moving the data folders of the needed games to the appdata/garrysmod folder with the server install and change the mount.cfg to /serverdata/serverfiles/data_folder_name for each game.

Thanks again btw

Bild_2022-03-19_224048.png

• Like 1

ich777,

I am trying to install Forge using your MinecraftBasicServer Docker App.

I used to use MineOS, however, the MineOS docker is no longer starting any Servers i have so i have abandoned it to use your App.

I can get the server to run with vanilla Minecraft however it will not run using Forge.

I have been able to get Forge to work on MineOS Docker by moving the Forge Universal file from the library directory to the Main directory for the server and passing the following Java arguments:

@user_jvm_args.txt @libraries/net/minecraftforge/forge/1.18.1-39.0.66/unix_args.txt

When do this it on MinecraftBasicServer, it tried to run but then keeps failing.. I have seen other people in this thread have similar issues but no real answers are being provided as it seems the requests are getting lost in other unrelated posts.

Could you please provide some advisement. Below is my Logs showing the failure loop and argument settings:

EDIT:

Here is the full Error from the server's log files.. the Container Log files doesnt seem to show it all:

image.thumb.png.af9e52149e44acd7e423fef3e9594436.pngimage.thumb.png.00a328ce268c82d58dd5353790acf37a.png

image.thumb.png.6615f8e298ac833f625182ee2c92de50.png

image.thumb.png.f5ae726b913c7c9a9a81c85cb7730cbc.png

Edited by ozma64
31 minutes ago, ozma64 said:

When do this it on MinecraftBasicServer, it tried to run but then keeps failing.. I have seen other people in this thread have similar issues but no real answers are being provided as it seems the requests are getting lost in other unrelated posts.

I think this was asked a few times before and from what I know Forge is not compatible with the newest Java version or am I wrong?

You maybe have to set this to Java 11 I think like in this screenshot:

image.thumb.png.45614c30ea974b4ec7b6f8157846c189.png

I'm not too familiar with modding Minecraft anymore because I have barely time to play any game... :/

Personally I've never liked Forge because it stopped randomly working and I couldn't figure out why... :D

I think the crash is coming from a mod, are those mods server side mods or client side mods?

Also if this crash is coming from modlauncher maybe try Java15 or Java16, don't know exactly which one is compatible.

13 minutes ago, ich777 said:

I think this was asked a few times before and from what I know Forge is not compatible with the newest Java version or am I wrong?

I have Java 17 installed on my computer and this same server will start and run on it.. I dont think it is a Java Incompatibility .

It looks like the error from the Container logs are truncated... i have added another snapshot of my actual Server Logs to my previous post if you would like to review it

20 minutes ago, ich777 said:

I think the crash is coming from a mod, are those mods server side mods or client side mods?

Also if this crash is coming from modlauncher maybe try Java15 or Java16, don't know exactly which one is compatible

I do not have any mods server or client side installed yet. I was just trying to get the server to actually run first so i pulled out all of my mods for a fresh install.

I will attempt to try other Java Versions

5 minutes ago, ozma64 said:

It looks like the error from the Container logs are truncated... i have added another snapshot of my actual Server Logs to my previous post if you would like to review it

Go to the template, switch on the Advanced View on the top right corner in the template image.png.359c3d2f4b631da746e2e5554c484ac6.png and at Extra Parameters remove "--restart=unless-stopped" image.png.50a62ce0789f7a1ede43ebc6cac7e9dd.png

then the container should display the full log and not loop the whole time.

31 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Also if this crash is coming from modlauncher maybe try Java15 or Java16, don't know exactly which one is compatible.

I tried Java11 and that had no change... I then tried Java 16 and i had a change in the log reports:

image.thumb.png.972ad10efd315bf009e16db3cffd216f.png

And here is what my Server Logs say now:

image.thumb.png.798285af7b230461259529b03c53ed9b.png

7 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Go to the template, switch on the Advanced View on the top right corner in the template image.png.359c3d2f4b631da746e2e5554c484ac6.png and at Extra Parameters remove "--restart=unless-stopped" image.png.50a62ce0789f7a1ede43ebc6cac7e9dd.png

then the container should display the full log and not loop the whole time.

That seemed to show even less when i did it:

image.png.538ba022491ec2330bae88acac9c9d99.png

5 minutes ago, ozma64 said:

That seemed to show even less when i did it:

You also have the logs in your main directory and you should be able to read it in one of the two directories:

• .../logs/latest.log
  • .../masterLog.0

I really can't help with Forge.

From what I know the container from @binhex should also be able to run forge if I'm not mistaken. Maybe you have more success with his container?

5 minutes ago, ich777 said:

You also have the logs in your main directory and you should be able to read it in one of the two directories:

• .../logs/latest.log
  • .../masterLog.0

I really can't help with Forge.

From what I know the container from @binhex should also be able to run forge if I'm not mistaken. Maybe you have more success with his container?

The masterlog.0 file shows this:

image.thumb.png.2e9876fb40af8885073aad302feebbe0.png

Ill check the binhex Docker as well..

If anyone else has any advisement, i would appreciate it

9 minutes ago, ich777 said:

@ozma64 is this maybe the solution to your issue: Click

(You actually have to read the entire Github issue)

Thank you for this information.. I have read the entire issue there and Im having a hard time following unfortunately. Do i need to make a new Variable on the Container setup? If so, how should I set it up.... of if not, what settings should I add and where?