[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

7 minutes ago, Tonborghini said:

This may have been asked already, but I couldn't find it. With 7 Days to Die 1.0 releasing today, I was wondering how to go about setting up the docker to download the 1.0 version since it will be in the experimental branch.

grafik.thumb.png.4790d2b68455ef1b5210dd7f02eafa28.png

I think the last example is what you need.

37 minutes ago, Tonborghini said:

So I did that and now my log keeps crashing, it gets this far then just crashes and keeps repeating this cycle. Any ideas on what might be going on?

18 minutes ago, TommyT said:

Same issue as above for me and a friend on separate setups.

2024-06-24T20:00:14 0.143 ERR ====================================================================================================
2024-06-24T20:00:14 0.143 ERR Error parsing configfile property 'SaveGameFolder': Unknown config option
2024-06-24T20:00:14 0.143 INF Make sure your configfile is updated the current server version!
2024-06-24T20:00:14 0.143 INF Startup aborted due to the given error in server configfile
2024-06-24T20:00:14 0.143 ERR ====================================================================================================

Is what you would see in the file: .../7DaysToDie_Data/output_log.txt

TBH I don't have any idea what the new value is since I don't play the game, maybe @Spectral Force can help here, I'm really not sure if that change will actually break my container but if somebody can tell me what the new value is then I can look into it. :)

EDIT: However, why would they remove that from the config in the first place after thinking again about it, this is a crucial settings and they should support the old one too IMHO.

@Tonborghini & @TommyT I've now pushed an update to the container which I'm not happy about but here is how to fix it:

1. Stop the container
  2. Pull the update from the container itself ("force update" on the Docker page)
  3. Open up your serverconfig.xml and delte the line:
    <property name="SaveGameFolder" value="/serverdata/serverfiles/Saves" />
    (should be the 4th line)
  4. Start the container again

I think they shouldn't prevent the server from starting if this line is found or at least remove the line from the config at startup.

• Thanks 3

Is anyone having issues with the CSMM image? Decided to fire it up again after setting up a 1.0 server, however the container keeps failing to start. I have even removed the image and re-installed, pointing to a brand new appdata folder.

Container seems to fail at the npm run db:migrate step at: https://github.com/ich777/docker-csmm-7dtd/blob/78473006d2f36090b935bfbbab9e5228c0eabb90/scripts/start-server.sh#L137

I set the logging to silly, and this is the portion of the log were the fail occurs:

[app] silly: Loading hook: economy
[app] verbose: economy
[app] silly: Loading hook: gbl
[app] verbose: gbl
[app] silly: Loading hook: highpingkick
[app] verbose: highpingkick
[app] silly: Loading hook: historicalinfo
[app] verbose: historicalinfo
[app] silly: Loading hook: redis
[app] verbose: redis
[app] silly: Loading hook: sdtdlogs
[app] verbose: sdtdlogs
[app] silly: Loading hook: sentry
[app] verbose: DSN for Sentry is required.
[app] verbose: sentry
[app] silly: Loading hook: grunt
[app] silly: Running default Grunt task (`prod`)...
[app] silly: Tracking new grunt child process...
[app] silly: Loading hook: orm
[app] silly: Loading the app's models and any custom adapters...
[app] silly: Loading app models...
[app] silly: Loading app adapters...
[app] silly: Loading hook: sockets
[app] verbose: Loading adapter (`%s`) from this app's `node_modules/` directory...
[app] verbose: Loading adapter (`%s`) from this app's `node_modules/` directory...
[app] silly: Starting ORM...
[app] silly: Registering model `%s` in Waterline
(above happens about 30 times)
[worker] error: undefined {"code":"E_HOOK_TIMEOUT"}
[worker] verbose: session
[worker] verbose: orm
[worker] verbose: blueprints
[worker] /csmm-7dtd/CSMM/node_modules/sails/node_modules/async/dist/async.js:903
[worker]         if (fn === null) throw new Error("Callback was already called.");
[worker]                          ^
[worker] 
[worker] Error: Callback was already called.
[worker]     at /csmm-7dtd/CSMM/node_modules/sails/node_modules/async/dist/async.js:903:32
[worker]     at /csmm-7dtd/CSMM/node_modules/sails/lib/app/private/loadHooks.js:241:38
[worker]     at processTicksAndRejections (node:internal/process/task_queues:78:11)
[worker] npm run start:worker exited with code 1
--> Sending SIGTERM to other processes..
[app] npm run start:app exited with code SIGTERM
npm notice 
npm notice New major version of npm available! 8.19.4 -> 10.8.1
npm notice Changelog: <https://github.com/npm/cli/releases/tag/v10.8.1>
npm notice Run `npm install -g [email protected]` to update!
npm notice
Container stopped

Managed to trick it into installing v2.2.0 and that gave the same error. (NOTE: that you can no longer change the URL pulled due to the following lines of code: https://github.com/ich777/docker-csmm-7dtd/blob/78473006d2f36090b935bfbbab9e5228c0eabb90/scripts/start-server.sh#L78-L80 (i had to manually update the zip file and put in the correct location and then change the url for it to "work")

19 minutes ago, Natcoso9955 said:

Is anyone having issues with the CSMM image? Decided to fire it up again after setting up a 1.0 server, however the container keeps failing to start. I have even removed the image and re-installed, pointing to a brand new appdata folder.

@Spectral Force had a similar issue, maybe he can help but I don't know if he solved it already.

Maybe head over to his Discord here: https://discord.gg/VwwYA5h

(He helps me out with 7DtD and CSMM-7DtD)

On 6/23/2024 at 1:04 PM, ich777 said:

Try to migrate back to Windows and see if it‘s the same.

Sorry, the WINE forum post is from 2020 so it‘s not up to date and not relatable to the WINE version that I use here.

Migrated this morning and the Windows VM instance has crashed twice with the same error, despite the VM having 12gbs of ram and nothing else running on it. The game was reporting 2.5gbs of usage during the one crash I was able to watch in real time.

I think it's safe to say the issue is not with the container.

I'm going to continue to monitor it. I will plan to start up a new instance with no mods, as I'm currently running Hosav's UI and the Pippi admin mod, just to rule those out as potential causes.

I'll update with some more info when I've completed more testing.

To mitigate this issue, I've written the attached script which uses RCON and checks to see if the server responds to RCON commands. When this memory crash occurs, the executable for the server stays alive but hangs. The container therefore won't notice the problem and restart itself. RCON will receive an "i/o timeout" response when this happens so I check for that and force a restart if the script gets that response. I set this script to run every 3 minutes in User Scripts.

This script requires ich777's RCON plugin to work, and it could easily be used for any other game server containers.

RCON Zombie Check Script.sh

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Mrtj18 said:

Has anyone had issues with the wreckfest server? Mine was running fine, but after making no changes, the server does not seem to start. Here are two screen shots of the log within docker and the log within the game browser itself.

Try the following:

1. Stop the container
  2. Got to the directory from Wreckfest in your appdata directory
  3. Delete the folder WINE64
  4. Start the container
18 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Try the following:

1. Stop the container
  2. Got to the directory from Wreckfest in your appdata directory
  3. Delete the folder WINE64
  4. Start the container

Thanks the server is avaliable again in the server browser menu, just gotta figure out why its not joinable again... ughhh! Thanks for your help once again!

• Like 1