[Support] ich777 - Application Dockers

ich777

1 hour ago, wambo said:

It is noticing that JDownloader.jar is missing (invalid or corrupt) but no further error...

Can you post a screenshot from your Docker template please?

Are you sure that the container can access all data from the mapped directory?

This is definitely not related to the error from the pinned post.

1 hour ago, wambo said:

Nvm

So I assume it is now working correct?

And another Luckybackup question...  I think I know why this is not working, but would love to know if there is a solution to the problem.  I use WOL to wake my backup Unraid server and want LB to wait a few minutes and then run the default profile.  I have LB set up as follows:

image.png.69d3fe8df9369408c12d207dc87174ab.png

This is in the container crontab file:

# ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ luckybackup entries ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
@reboot    sleep 300;    /usr/bin/luckybackup -c --no-questions --skip-critical /root/.luckyBackup/profiles/default.profile > /root/.luckyBackup/logs/default-LastCronLog.log 2>&1
# ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ end of luckybackup entries ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have LB set to start on boot as well.

So, the profile never executes... I suspect it is because the crontab in the docker container never executes.  If this is the case, is there a way around it?

Logs from LB after attempt.

---Resolution check---
---Checking for old logfiles---
---Starting TurboVNC server---
---Starting Fluxbox---
---Starting noVNC server---
---Starting ssh daemon---
---Starting luckyBackup---

4 hours ago, mattw said:

So, the profile never executes... I suspect it is because the crontab in the docker container never executes.  If this is the case, is there a way around it?

Exactly. Reboot will never work because it‘s a Docker container.

You can create a cron schedule in Unraid that runs on reboot with something like that:

#!/bin/bash
docker exec -i <CONTAINERNAME> /usr/bin/luckybackup -c --no-questions --skip-critical /root/.luckyBackup/profiles/default.profile > /root/.luckyBackup/logs/default-LastCronLog.log 2>&1

This then should run the command from your cron schedule that you‘ve posted above in the container, you also have to replace <CONTAINERNAME> with you containername <- please note that I have not tested that because I‘m currently on my mobile phone.

12 minutes ago, mattw said:

How do I find the real container name?  Is it the prompt on the container console?

Sorry, I thought that would be obvious... :D

Maybe add a bit of sleep at the beginning, 60 seconds or so that your server can fully start up and after that start the sync:

#!/bin/bash
sleep 60
docker exec -i <CONTAINERNAME> /usr/bin/luckybackup -c --no-questions --skip-critical /root/.luckyBackup/profiles/default.profile > /root/.luckyBackup/logs/default-LastCronLog.log 2>&1

(I think that should work)

9 hours ago, ich777 said:

Maybe add a bit of sleep at the beginning, 60 seconds or so that your server can fully start up and after that start the sync:

#!/bin/bash
sleep 60

Will work on this today...  BTW, the name... I ran Home Assistant as the non-OS install for years, it used docker and the container names were difficult to change and they were the name assigned_{long hex number @ the command prompt}.  That is why I asked a stupid question. 

9 hours ago, ich777 said:

#!/bin/bash
sleep 60

So, the basic script works if I do not try to write the log.  I touched the log file and set the same permissions as the rest of the files in the directory.

When I run in the foreground in get the following:

/tmp/user.scripts/tmpScripts/LuckyBackup_at_boot/script: line 3: /root/.luckyBackup/logs/default-LastCronLog.log: No such file or directory

1 hour ago, mattw said:

When I run in the foreground in get the following:

My bad, try this:

#!/bin/bash
sleep 60
docker exec -i <CONTAINERNAME> /bin/bash -c "/usr/bin/luckybackup -c --no-questions --skip-critical /root/.luckyBackup/profiles/default.profile > /root/.luckyBackup/logs/default-LastCronLog.log 2>&1"

30 minutes ago, ich777 said:

My bad, try this:

#!/bin/bash
sleep 60
docker exec -i <CONTAINERNAME> /bin/bash -c "/usr/bin/luckybackup -c --no-questions --skip-critical /root/.luckyBackup/profiles/default.profile > /root/.luckyBackup/logs/default-LastCronLog.log 2>&1"

That did it!  Is there a way to use exit status or completion to shut down the system?  I see how this is done now and it makes sense!  I knew there had to be a way to access docker exec, but I had no idea how to do it.

I think I could add a small delay and powerdown to the script.  But, that would make it difficult to power it up and run it like normal since it would always complete and shutdown.

Edited by mattw
1 hour ago, mattw said:

I think I could add a small delay and powerdown to the script.  But, that would make it difficult to power it up and run it like normal since it would always complete and shutdown.

Sorry but I really don't understand what you are trying to accomplish and I think you maybe overthinking what you want or need.

Why not make a timeout form 10 minutes at the end (or maybe 5 if you are more comfortable with that) and abort the script when you want to run the server as usual.

I'm not really sure what you want to do since this seems like a unique issue that you have to solve on your own I think.

52 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Sorry but I really don't understand what you are trying to accomplish and I think you maybe overthinking what you want or need.

Why not make a timeout form 10 minutes at the end (or maybe 5 if you are more comfortable with that) and abort the script when you want to run the server as usual.

I'm not really sure what you want to do since this seems like a unique issue that you have to solve on your own I think.

I am very close to having it work perfectly...

1) turn on Unraid backup server with Home Assistant.  check

Turns it on, sets a dummy switch indicating the automation was responsible for the turnon.

2) trigger automatic backup.  check

Done in the start up script on Unraid X minutes after boot.

3) allow backup to complete, currently leave Unraid backup server running for 2 hours.  check

4) turn off Unraid backup server with Home Assistant.  check

Power down system via automatioin and set the dummy switch to off.  The dummy switch as a condition will prevent Home      Assistant from shutting down the system at the time designated in the backup automation if the state of the dummy is not correct.

The part that remains a mystery to Home Assistant is... did the backup complete after 2 hours or are we shutting down backup server in the middle of a backup?  The only time it should go this long is if a serious list of stuff is missing from the backup server as they are connected at 10 gig.

2 minutes ago, mattw said:

The part that remains a mystery to Home Assistant is... did the backup complete after 2 hours or are we shutting down backup server in the middle of a backup?  The only time it should go this long is if a serious list of stuff is missing from the backup server as they are connected at 10 gig.

Why not connect a power meter (that is integrated into Homeassistant) to the server that you are running the backup on and let the script turn off the server after 10 minutes after it finished, then Homeassistant can check after two hours if the power is lower than 3W so that it can power off the machine or leave it on if it's greater than 3W and try again in one hour.

1 minute ago, mattw said:

That is worth a try...  I am not sure that I can reliably detect it, but may be able to as the cpu goes to a heavy load during the process.  Thanks for the idea!

You can because all my components at home turn off power based on that, if the power is lower than n amount of Watt for n amount of minutes then turn off device x <- nothing more to it.

If you do it like that you even don't need a complicated timer in Homeassistant, just make sure you set the n amount of minutes to something like 5 or 10

On 12/7/2023 at 12:38 PM, ich777 said:

Sorry but I don't maintain that template anymore, please go to the support thread over here:

Hey, i am a bit sad that you don't maintain it anymore, you did a great Job!

It is a bit OT, but do you use some other kind of software or is it "just" time related or a similar issue?

8 minutes ago, Cicatrix said:

Hey, i am a bit sad that you don't maintain it anymore, you did a great Job!

There is nothing to be sad about, you have nothing to do if you have installed my template, it will work as usual but I do no support requests anymore for that container.

8 minutes ago, Cicatrix said:

It is a bit OT, but do you use some other kind of software or is it "just" time related or a similar issue?

I use Nextcloud, for my needs more than enough.

This is the official image from PhotoPrism and since it's out of my control and I don't use it I simply don't want to maintain the Unraid template anymore.

• Upvote 1

Hey - I'm using the DirSyncPro docker. After a scheduled unraid restart, the schedule engine doesn't seem to turn on and the option to start it is grayed out. Any idea why that's happening?

Forget it - needed to restart the docker. If you load a new profile you have to restart the container for the schedule engine to be available. 

Edited by v3life
3 minutes ago, v3life said:

After a scheduled unraid restart, the schedule engine doesn't seem to turn on and the option to start it is grayed out. Any idea why that's happening?

Did you make sure that you've exit the application once from inside the container and let it restart on it's own?

This is the first time that I hear of that issue.

Hi, quick question about Owncast. I'm using a intel IGPU and I was wondering where I should point Owncast to /dev/dri. The container description states the following:

At 'Device' at the bottom here in the template add '/dev/dri'

but I don't see any  Device variable. I tried adding it to Nvidia Visible Devices, but that doesn't seem to work. Do I need to add it to Extra Startup Parameters with a key?

Am I not seeing something or is this Device key missing?

Thanks in advance.