Jump to content
binhex

[Support] binhex - MinecraftBedrockServer

314 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recommended Posts

 I am gettting stuck on building world when going into and out the nether.  I did some digging and they say to backup and restore your world, but not sure how to do that in this env.  Has anyone else run into this before and know of a fix?

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, opiekeith said:

 I am gettting stuck on building world when going into and out the nether.  I did some digging and they say to backup and restore your world, but not sure how to do that in this env.  Has anyone else run into this before and know of a fix?

ok so all worlds created are located in /config/minecraft/worlds/, so assuming you have a backup then you would simply stop the container, delete everything in /config/minecraft/worlds/ and then restore to that location.

 

if you dont have a backup and your world is corrupt in some manner then all you can do is delete the world and start from scratch, then install the excellent 'CA Appdata Backup / Restore v2' plusin to stop this happening again.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, binhex said:

ok so all worlds created are located in /config/minecraft/worlds/, so assuming you have a backup then you would simply stop the container, delete everything in /config/minecraft/worlds/ and then restore to that location.

 

if you dont have a backup and your world is corrupt in some manner then all you can do is delete the world and start from scratch, then install the excellent 'CA Appdata Backup / Restore v2' plusin to stop this happening again.

OK, so this is a new world that I created on a new unraid build.  My first time with unraid.  Let me download that backup/restore app from CA and backup and then restore it.  There is some discussion that backing up and restoring the world fixes the issue.  I did not know if there was a way to backup/restore from within the minecraft container, built into the app.  This issue is an ongoing issue with a bug issued.  Just trying to find a workaround until they fix it.

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, opiekeith said:

et me download that backup/restore app from CA and backup and then restore it. 

err im unsure how that would magically fix it, unless im reading this wrong, i think what they are suggesting is you restore your world from a PREVIOUS backup, not just backup your already corrupt world and then restore it, i would be very surprised if that fixes anything.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, binhex said:

err im unsure how that would magically fix it, unless im reading this wrong, i think what they are suggesting is you restore your world from a PREVIOUS backup, not just backup your already corrupt world and then restore it, i would be very surprised if that fixes anything.

I agree, just trying anything at this point.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, opiekeith said:

I agree, just trying anything at this point.

sure :-), one other question, just to be clear here they are talking about restoring your world, NOT restoring to a previous build of minecraft bedrock server, right? as that is a different scenario.

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, binhex said:

sure :-), one other question, just to be clear here they are talking about restoring your world, NOT restoring to a previous build of minecraft bedrock server, right? as that is a different scenario.

Yes, restoring the world not a previous build.  Here is the bug report for reference:

https://bugs.mojang.com/browse/MCPE-44815

Share this post


Link to post

Hi All.

 

My daughter asked to set her up a server which I have but there are a couple of items i cant get my head around..

 

I have set-up a survival server and have enabled cheats in the server file and added my ID to be a operator which seems to work as I can change for survival to creative mode... but I dont seem to be able to toggle any of the options like friendly fire or keep day cycle...

 

am i doing something wrong? I want the world to not cycle to night time.

Share this post


Link to post

Can you clarify how to connect to the console on this bedrock install?

 

This doesn't work for me from the unraid CLI

docker exec -u nobody -t <name of container> /usr/bin/minecraftd console

 

And when I go snooping in the docker CLI, there is nothing minecraft related at /usr/bin.  I do see the files inside nobody inside home

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/18/2020 at 7:28 AM, enigma27 said:

Hi All.

 

My daughter asked to set her up a server which I have but there are a couple of items i cant get my head around..

 

I have set-up a survival server and have enabled cheats in the server file and added my ID to be a operator which seems to work as I can change for survival to creative mode... but I dont seem to be able to toggle any of the options like friendly fire or keep day cycle...

 

am i doing something wrong? I want the world to not cycle to night time.

Try entering the commands using the chat window.  That worked for my kids regarding keep inventory.

Share this post


Link to post

Been working on setting up a server using this container for my family of 3 to play.  Internal network only.  I have the initial configuration setup allowing 10 users, have my whitelist, permissions setup.  Problem I'm seeing is that the server seems to be only seen intermitantly and usually by only one person.  I've been able to connect and play, but other users on the lan not so much, and some times they can connect but I cant.  Doesnt show up in the list in the app (all iOS devices) and manually entering the server details don't connect either.  Having no issues with other containers (I use plenty) so I'm unsure where to go from here.  Anyone else experience this?  Thoughts?

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, jfrancais said:

Been working on setting up a server using this container for my family of 3 to play.  Internal network only.  I have the initial configuration setup allowing 10 users, have my whitelist, permissions setup.  Problem I'm seeing is that the server seems to be only seen intermitantly and usually by only one person.  I've been able to connect and play, but other users on the lan not so much, and some times they can connect but I cant.  Doesnt show up in the list in the app (all iOS devices) and manually entering the server details don't connect either.  Having no issues with other containers (I use plenty) so I'm unsure where to go from here.  Anyone else experience this?  Thoughts?

i dont have any IOS devices, but i have connected with two devices concurrently muitlip times with no issues (android minecraft pe and xbox one). so there are a few potential causes that i can think of:-

 

1. unstable wi-fi - check your signal strength, try wired if possible.

2. blocking issue  - make sure you dont have any blocking going on. - adblockers, pihole, pfsense config, vlan's, etc

3. IOS client issue - check to see if this is a known issue with the IOS version of minecraft client, perhaps there is some instability?.

4. Minecraft Bedrock Server incompatibilities - check to see if there are any incompatibilities with IOS and the Minecraft Bedrock server.

 

Share this post


Link to post
22 minutes ago, binhex said:

i dont have any IOS devices, but i have connected with two devices concurrently muitlip times with no issues (android minecraft pe and xbox one). so there are a few potential causes that i can think of:-

 

1. unstable wi-fi - check your signal strength, try wired if possible.

2. blocking issue  - make sure you dont have any blocking going on. - adblockers, pihole, pfsense config, vlan's, etc

3. IOS client issue - check to see if this is a known issue with the IOS version of minecraft client, perhaps there is some instability?.

4. Minecraft Bedrock Server incompatibilities - check to see if there are any incompatibilities with IOS and the Minecraft Bedrock server.

 

1. wired isn't an option, ipad/ios devices.  I don't believe it to be a wireless issue.  I can have two devices on the same wifi in the same room as the access point and it appears on one and not on the other.  Typically the first person that opens the app will see the server and the second person that opens the app will not.

2. nothing should be in the way here either.  I don't run adblockers or pihole.  no vlans.  Only tricky thing is the networking on unraid itself.  I tried with custom networking/static IP as well as bridge networking and same occurs.

3. possible, unsure the best place to look for that, that is why I posted here

4. same as above.

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, jfrancais said:

3. possible, unsure the best place to look for that, that is why I posted here

best place is google searching and mojang forums i would guess, anywhere on the internet where minecraft users or mojang devs may hang out.

 

a few quick google seach results to look at:-

https://gaming.stackexchange.com/questions/166792/cant-connect-to-other-minecraft-game-on-ipad

https://gaming.stackexchange.com/questions/251552/cannot-join-worlds-on-local-lan-mpe-0-13-1

https://gaming.stackexchange.com/questions/241662/how-do-we-play-multiplayer-minecraft-on-ipads

https://gaming.stackexchange.com/questions/292575/friend-cant-join-world

Share this post


Link to post

it looks like the nintendo switch is incapable of connecting to this server. my windows 10 edition connected fine. when i  use win10 edition and make a new world, the switch can see that fine under 'friends'. is there anyway to make the server list itself under a microsoft account so that the switch can find the game? Or can i generate a realm code with this server?

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

@jfrancais, @thetinker86

Try logging out of the ms/xbox account in the settings menu.

When my kids log in to ms account, all local lan servers disappear from "friends" tab.  When not logged in, they can see servers on local lan, both the unraid server and the games each other are hosting..

 

  If you cannot log out of the account, just add the server ip to the "servers" tab and it should show up in that tab.  However, you may need to start adding xuids on the server permissions to allow them access.

Edited by electronrancher

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
On 3/23/2020 at 12:21 PM, electronrancher said:

Can you clarify how to connect to the console on this bedrock install?

 

This doesn't work for me from the unraid CLI

docker exec -u nobody -t <name of container> /usr/bin/minecraftd console

 

And when I go snooping in the docker CLI, there is nothing minecraft related at /usr/bin.  I do see the files inside nobody inside home

@binhex,

Is there a way to get to the bedrock server console?  If not, would you consider adding screen to the next updat so we can attach to the console after it has been launched?

Edited by electronrancher

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, thetinker86 said:

it looks like the nintendo switch is incapable of connecting to this server. my windows 10 edition connected fine. when i  use win10 edition and make a new world, the switch can see that fine under 'friends'. is there anyway to make the server list itself under a microsoft account so that the switch can find the game? Or can i generate a realm code with this server?

I think this is not possible, have you got the Connect to server button?

If not it is simply not possible (with a workaraund its possible). The restricted to connect to private server on the xbox and i think so on the switch, you have to buy a realm (also a dedicated server is not the same as the 'friends' tab).

 

This is the workaround, but it involves changing the dns servers on your switch:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, ich777 said:

The restricted to connect to private server on the xbox and i think so on the switch, you have to buy a realm (also a dedicated server is not the same as the 'friends' tab).

this is another option which apparently works well (not tested):-

 

https://github.com/jhead/phantom

 

edit - could make a simple docker image for that eh!

Edited by binhex

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/23/2020 at 4:21 PM, electronrancher said:

Can you clarify how to connect to the console on this bedrock install?

 

This doesn't work for me from the unraid CLI

docker exec -u nobody -t <name of container> /usr/bin/minecraftd console

 

And when I go snooping in the docker CLI, there is nothing minecraft related at /usr/bin.  I do see the files inside nobody inside home

 

14 hours ago, electronrancher said:

Is there a way to get to the bedrock server console?  If not, would you consider adding screen to the next updat so we can attach to the console after it has been launched?

now done, ive added screen to the docker image and its built so please pull down the latest image.

 

to connect via screen run the following:-

docker exec -u nobody -it <container name> screen -r minecraft

to disconnect from the session without exiting the server:-

Press CTRL+a and then release keys and press d

 

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, binhex said:

 

now done, ive added screen to the docker image and its built so please pull down the latest image.

 

to connect via screen run the following:-


docker exec -u nobody -it <container name> screen -r minecraft

to disconnect from the session without exiting the server:-


Press CTRL+a and then release keys and press d

 

@binhex

Thank you very much, I will go pull it down this evening!

 

Edit: works perfectly, much appreciated!

Edited by electronrancher

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, binhex said:

this is another option which apparently works well (not tested):-

 

https://github.com/jhead/phantom

 

edit - could make a simple docker image for that eh!

Oh, nice didn't saw that yet sounds also promising but that's only for lan play am i right?

 

Also this solution that i've posted is based on this: https://github.com/Pugmatt/BedrockConnect

(Makes playing over the internet possible, but don't know if anybody needs something like this...)

 

I could make also a container for it... :D

 

 

15 hours ago, binhex said:

now done, ive added screen to the docker image and its built so please pull down the latest image.

If not done so i would recommend to do this also on your java version container, since it's way esier to OP someone. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, ich777 said:

Oh, nice didn't saw that yet sounds also promising but that's only for lan play am i right?

my understanding is that this makes a remote minecraft bedrock server appear to be on the lan, even when in reality its running on a remote users home network, connecting over the internet, no idea whether this works with nintendo switch but by the look of it it should work fine for ps4 and xbox one.

 

5 hours ago, ich777 said:

If not done so i would recommend to do this also on your java version container, since it's way esier to OP someone.

it is already in place for minecraft java console 🙂

 

5 hours ago, ich777 said:

I could make also a container for it... :D

race ya 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, binhex said:

my understanding is that this makes a remote minecraft bedrock server appear to be on the lan, even when in reality its running on a remote users home network, connecting over the internet, no idea whether this works with nintendo switch but by the look of it it should work fine for ps4 and xbox one.

Oh nice, will take a look at it. ;)

 

7 hours ago, binhex said:

race ya 🙂

No thanks, weekend is family time ;)

No one asked for it so no one will need it quickly :D

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

Ok, I know I'm a n00b, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to make myself op. I read that you can look at the log and get your id.....so I'll attach my log.

 

I open the console, but I can't figure out what to type to allow me to start entering minecraft commands. I thought "op (username)" was a command......I'm probably wrong.

 

Quote

___. .__ .__
\_ |__ |__| ____ | |__ ____ ___ ___
| __ \| |/ \| | \_/ __ \\ \/ /
| \_\ \ | | \ Y \ ___/ > <
|___ /__|___| /___| /\___ >__/\_ \
\/ \/ \/ \/ \/
https://hub.docker.com/u/binhex/

2020-03-29 00:26:47.025209 [info] System information Linux  4.19.98-Unraid #1 SMP Sun Jan 26 09:15:03 PST 2020 x86_64 GNU/Linux
2020-03-29 00:26:47.050403 [info] PUID defined as '99'
2020-03-29 00:26:47.078352 [info] PGID defined as '100'
2020-03-29 00:26:48.019371 [info] UMASK defined as '000'
2020-03-29 00:26:48.044770 [info] Permissions already set for volume mappings
2020-03-29 00:26:48.093270 [info] Deleting files in /tmp (non recursive)...
2020-03-29 00:26:48.117605 [info] Starting Supervisor...
2020-03-29 00:26:48,352 INFO Included extra file "/etc/supervisor/conf.d/minecraft-bedrock-server.conf" during parsing
2020-03-29 00:26:48,352 INFO Set uid to user 0 succeeded
2020-03-29 00:26:48,355 INFO supervisord started with pid 7
2020-03-29 00:26:49,356 INFO spawned: 'minecraft-bedrock-server' with pid 50
2020-03-29 00:26:49,356 INFO reaped unknown pid 8
2020-03-29 00:26:49,378 DEBG 'minecraft-bedrock-server' stdout output:
[info] Minecraft folder '/config/minecraft' already exists, rsyncing newer files...

2020-03-29 00:26:49,580 DEBG 'minecraft-bedrock-server' stdout output:
[info] Starting Minecraft Bedrock process in screen session 'minecraft'...
[info] To attach to the screen session run:-
[info] docker exec -u nobody -it <container name> screen -r minecraft
[info] To detach from the screen session press:-

2020-03-29 00:26:49,581 DEBG 'minecraft-bedrock-server' stdout output:
[info] CTRL+a and then release keys and press d

2020-03-29 00:26:49,606 DEBG 'minecraft-bedrock-server' stdout output:
[info] Minecraft Bedrock process is running

2020-03-29 00:26:50,607 INFO success: minecraft-bedrock-server entered RUNNING state, process has stayed up for > than 1 seconds (startsecs)

 

Edited by joecool169

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.