[PLUGIN] GPU Statistics

6 hours ago, mlapaglia said:

Not sure if this has been brought up yet, but with the new version of unraid the sidebar gets messed up with no gpu selected image.png.8c5fa933fa9b8a84e3e756d0695704c8.png

edit: might be something wrong with my machine?

image.png.867ca90cbbb0fdcfb9fcec234b7286ca.png

Which version of the plugin are you using?

5 minutes ago, ich777 said:

This is the old plugin, please uninstall your version and reinstall it from the CA App, also don't forget to configure it through the Settings page from the new plugin.

That worked, thank you. we should probably remove the link to the github app for manual installation on the first post.

Edited by mlapaglia
3 minutes ago, mlapaglia said:

we should probably remove the link to the github app for manual installation on the first post.

You should never install anything manually, always search for it on the CA App, this will grantee that you have the latest version from the app installed.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't have gpu statistics output. (screenshot and diagostics included in attached files.)Please help! 

I am using unraid 6.12.3. The intel_gup_top and gup statistics are up-to-date.

I run 'intel_gpu_top' under cmd and here is the output:

intel-gpu-top: Intel Cometlake (Gen9) @ /dev/dri/card0 -    0/   0 MHz; 100% RC6;  0.00/14.34 W;        0 irqs/s

IMC reads:      143 MiB/s
     IMC writes:       33 MiB/s

ENGINES     BUSY                                                                                         MI_SEMA MI_WAIT
       Render/3D    0.00% |                                                                                     |      0%      0%
         Blitter    0.00% |                                                                                     |      0%      0%
           Video    0.00% |                                                                                     |      0%      0%
    VideoEnhance    0.00% |                                                                                     |      0%      0%

PID              NAME         Render/3D                  Blitter                    Video                  VideoEnhance        
  5090              Xorg |                        ||                        ||                        ||                        |

Screenshot 2023-08-05 at 08.54.11.png

bigbuffalo-diagnostics-20230805-0842 2.zip

6 hours ago, Bradley_ryuu said:

I don't have gpu statistics output. (screenshot and diagostics included in attached files.)Please help! 

intel-gpu-top: Intel Cometlake (Gen9) @ /dev/dri/card0 -    0/   0 MHz; 100% RC6;  0.00/14.34 W;        0 irqs/s

ENGINES     BUSY                                                                                         MI_SEMA MI_WAIT
       Render/3D    0.00% |                                                                                     |      0%      0%
         Blitter    0.00% |                                                                                     |      0%      0%
           Video    0.00% |                                                                                     |      0%      0%
    VideoEnhance    0.00% |                                                                                     |      0%      0%

PID              NAME         Render/3D                  Blitter                    Video                  VideoEnhance        
  5090              Xorg |                        ||                        ||                        ||                        |

bigbuffalo-diagnostics-20230805-0842 2.zip 679.83 kB · 1 download

do you see gpujson in /tmp can you provide contents 

also intel_gpu_top -Jo - -d pci:slot=0000:00:02.0 output

change id to match if wrong

4 hours ago, SimonF said:

do you see gpujson in /tmp can you provide contents 

also intel_gpu_top -Jo - -d pci:slot=0000:00:02.0 output

change id to match if wrong

gpujson under /tmp

Time = Sat, 05 Aug 2023 19:22:31 +0800
{"00:02.0":{"clock":"N\/A","fan":"N\/A","memclock":"N\/A","memutil":"N\/A","memused":"N\/A","power":"N\/A","powermax":"N\/A","rxut
il":"N\/A","txutil":"N\/A","temp":"N\/A","tempmax":"N\/A","util":"N\/A","error":[{"code":301,"message":"Vendor command returned no
 data.","extra":""}],"panel":1}}
~                                                                                                                                 
~                                                                                                                                 
~                                                                                                                                 
~                                                                                                                                 
~                                                                                                                                 
~                                                                                                                                 
~                                                                                                                                 
~                                                                                                                                 
~                                                                                                                                 
~                                                                                                                                 
~                                                                                                                                 
~                                                                                                                                 
~                                                                                                                                 
~                                                                                                                                 
~                                                                                                                                 
~                                                                                                                                 
~                                                                                                                                 
~                                                                                                                                 
~                                                                                                                                 
~                                                                                                                                 
~                                                                                                                                 
~                                                                                                                                 
~                                                                                                                                 
~                                                                                                                                 
~                                                                                                                                 
~                                                                                                                                 
~                                                                                                                                 
~                                                                                                                                 
~                                                                                                                                 
~                                                                                                                                 
~                                                                                                                                 
~                                                                                                                                 
~                                                                                                                                 
~                                                                                                                                 
~                                                                                                                                 
~                                                                                                                                 
~                                                                                                                                 
~                                                                                                                                 
Read gpujson, 2 lines, 332 chars                                                                                  1,1   Command

intel_gpu_top -Jo - -d pci:slot=0000:00:02.0 outputs

"clients": {
                "4294962338": {
                        "name": "Xorg",
                        "pid": "4958",
                        "engine-classes": {
                                "Render/3D": {
                                        "busy": "0.000000",
                                        "unit": "%"
                                },
                                "Blitter": {
                                },
                                "Video": {
                                },
                                "VideoEnhance": {
                                }
                        }
                }
        }
},
{
        "period": {
                "duration": 1014.539619,
                "unit": "ms"
        },
        "frequency": {
                "requested": 0.000000,
                "actual": 0.000000,
                "unit": "MHz"
        },
        "interrupts": {
                "count": 0.000000,
                "unit": "irq/s"
        },
        "rc6": {
                "value": 99.999998,
        },
        "power": {
                "GPU": 0.000000,
                "Package": 11.235806,
                "unit": "W"
        },
        "imc-bandwidth": {
                "reads": 152.222533,
                "writes": 31.588686,
                "unit": "MiB/s"
        },
        "engines": {
                "Render/3D/0": {
                        "busy": 0.000000,
                        "sema": 0.000000,
                        "wait": 0.000000,
                },
                "Blitter/0": {
                },
                "Video/0": {
                },
                "VideoEnhance/0": {
                }
        },

Screenshot 2023-08-05 at 19.19.50.png

Edited by Bradley_ryuu
7 hours ago, Bradley_ryuu said:

"N\/A","temp":"N\/A","tempmax":"N\/A","util":"N\/A","error":[{"code":301,"message":"Vendor command returned no
 data.","extra":""}],"panel":1}}

Looks like no data is being found, I am not able to debug at present as to why.

can you provide screen print of settings

11 hours ago, SimonF said:

Looks like no data is being found, I am not able to debug at present as to why.

can you provide screen print of settings

ok. I included three screenshots of  the plugin settings. You can tell me hwo to debug. It seems like the plugin can't read the data outputed by intel gup top and display it  properly. 

Screenshot 2023-08-06 at 12.32.02.png

Screenshot 2023-08-06 at 12.33.13.png

Screenshot 2023-08-06 at 12.33.21.png

1 hour ago, Bradley_ryuu said:

ok. I included three screenshots of  the plugin settings. You can tell me hwo to debug. It seems like the plugin can't read the data outputed by intel gup top and display it  properly. 

Screenshot 2023-08-06 at 12.32.02.png

Screenshot 2023-08-06 at 12.33.13.png

Screenshot 2023-08-06 at 12.33.21.png

Have you tried unselecting gpu apply then to reselect and apply

cat /boot/config/plugins/gpustat/gpustat.cfg 

1 hour ago, SimonF said:

Have you tried unselecting gpu apply then to reselect and apply

cat /boot/config/plugins/gpustat/gpustat.cfg 

yes. I've tried that. I've also tried to uninstall and then reinstall both intel gpu top and gup statistics. That doesn't help. 

at /boot/config/plugins/gpustat/gpustat.cfg 

MULTIGPU = "00:02.0"
TEMPFORMAT = "C"
UIREFRESH = 1
UIREFRESHINT = 1000
DISPCLOCKS = 1
DISPPCIUTIL = 1
DISPPWRDRAW = 1
DISPPWRSTATE = 1
DISPMEMUTIL = 1
DISPTEMP = 1
DISPFAN = 1
DISPENCDEC = 1
DISPTHROTTLE = 1
DISPSESSIONS = 1
DISP3DRENDER = 1
DISPBLITTER = 1
DISPVIDEO = 1
DISPVIDENH = 1
DISPINTERRUPT = 1
DISPPWRDRWSEL = "GPU"
DISPEVENT = 1
DISPVERTEX = 1
DISPTEXTURE = 1
DISPSHADEREXP = 1
DISPSEQUENCER = 1
DISPSHADERINTER = 1
DISPSCANCON = 1
DISPPRIMASSEM = 1
DISPDEPTHBLK = 1
DISPCOLORBLK = 1
DISPGFXTRANS = 1
MULTIGPUJSON = "%7B%2200%3A02.0%22%3A%7B%22id%22%3A%2200%3A02.0%22%2C%22model%22%3A%22CometLake-S+GT2+%5BUHD+Graphics+630%5D%22%2C%22vendor%22%3A%22intel%22%2C%22guid%22%3A%220000%3A00%3A02.0%22%7D%7D"

On 8/5/2023 at 3:01 AM, Bradley_ryuu said:

bigbuffalo-diagnostics-20230805-0842 2.zip 679.83 kB · 1 download

same for me, latest plugin - i5 9400 - worked XX weeks ago just fine.  now no data

latest stable unraid

Edited by Encore
3 hours ago, Encore said:

same for me, latest plugin - i5 9400 - worked XX weeks ago just fine.  now no data

latest stable unraid

Did you update your unraid recently. I just updated my unriad from 6.9.2 to 6.12.3 last week. Both plugins were running fine under 6.9.2. GPU statistics stopped working after the update.

19 minutes ago, Bradley_ryuu said:

Did you update your unraid recently. I just updated my unriad from 6.9.2 to 6.12.3 last week. Both plugins were running fine under 6.9.2. GPU statistics stopped working after the update.

yep me² but from 6.12.X to 6.12.3

Edited by Encore
6 hours ago, Encore said:

yep me² but from 6.12.X to 6.12.3

maybe the the update of unraid has broken sth in the plugin. But the problem seems like gpu statistics can't read the output generated by intel_gup_top. Did the plugin work fine before you updated unraid?

Edited by Bradley_ryuu
8 hours ago, Bradley_ryuu said:

Yes it's working. I did transcoding test using jellfin. Here are some screenshots. Intel_gup_top is working properly. Gpu statistics can't read the output. 

Screen Shot 2023-08-07 at 17.01.21.png

Screen Shot 2023-08-07 at 17.00.50.png

I will modify the code to use you json as input to see if i can find an issue. Looking at the output it looks ok. But I cannot look at this until the weekend.

• Like 1
On 8/8/2023 at 1:36 AM, SimonF said:

I will modify the code to use you json as input to see if i can find an issue. Looking at the output it looks ok. But I cannot look at this until the weekend.

Thank you! I am looking forward to your reply. Maybe there is something wrong with the permissons of the json file which prevents gup statistics from reading it. Just guessing.

Edited by Bradley_ryuu
forget to add sth
On 8/10/2023 at 9:07 AM, Bradley_ryuu said:

Thank you! I am looking forward to your reply. Maybe there is something wrong with the permissons of the json file which prevents gup statistics from reading it. Just guessing.

Can you provide the output of the following please.

root@computenode:~# lspci -Dmm | grep -E 'Display|VGA'
0000:00:02.0 "VGA compatible controller" "Intel Corporation" "AlderLake-S GT1" -r0c -p00 "Micro-Star International Co., Ltd. [MSI]" "AlderLake-S GT1"
0000:03:00.0 "VGA compatible controller" "Intel Corporation" "DG2 [Arc A770]" -r08 -p00 "Intel Corporation" "Device 1020"
0000:09:00.0 "VGA compatible controller" "NVIDIA Corporation" "GK106GL [Quadro K4000]" -ra1 -p00 "NVIDIA Corporation" "GK106GL [Quadro K4000]"
0000:0d:00.0 "VGA compatible controller" "Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI]" "Navi 24 [Radeon RX 6400/6500 XT/6500M]" -rc7 -p00 "XFX Limited" "Navi 24 [Radeon RX 6400 / 6500 XT]"

timeout -k .500 .600 intel_gpu_top -Jo - -d pci:slot=0000:00:02.0 > /tmp/inteltop

and send a copy of inteltop

8 hours ago, SimonF said:

Can you provide the output of the following please.

root@computenode:~# lspci -Dmm | grep -E 'Display|VGA'
0000:00:02.0 "VGA compatible controller" "Intel Corporation" "AlderLake-S GT1" -r0c -p00 "Micro-Star International Co., Ltd. [MSI]" "AlderLake-S GT1"
0000:03:00.0 "VGA compatible controller" "Intel Corporation" "DG2 [Arc A770]" -r08 -p00 "Intel Corporation" "Device 1020"
0000:09:00.0 "VGA compatible controller" "NVIDIA Corporation" "GK106GL [Quadro K4000]" -ra1 -p00 "NVIDIA Corporation" "GK106GL [Quadro K4000]"
0000:0d:00.0 "VGA compatible controller" "Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI]" "Navi 24 [Radeon RX 6400/6500 XT/6500M]" -rc7 -p00 "XFX Limited" "Navi 24 [Radeon RX 6400 / 6500 XT]"

f > /tmp/inteltop

and send a copy of inteltop

<lspci -Dmm | grep -E 'Display|VGA'> outputs

0000:00:02.0 "VGA compatible controller" "Intel Corporation" "CometLake-S GT2 [UHD Graphics 630]" -r03 -p00 "ASRock Incorporation" "CometLake-S GT2 [UHD Graphics 630]"
0000:01:00.0 "VGA compatible controller" "NVIDIA Corporation" "GP106 [GeForce GTX 1060 3GB]" -ra1 -p00 "GALAX" "GP106 [GeForce GTX 1060 3GB]"
0000:02:00.0 "VGA compatible controller" "Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI]" "Baffin [Radeon RX 460/560D / Pro 450/455/460/555/555X/560/560X]" -re5 -p00 "Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI]" "Baffin [Radeon RX 460/560D / Pro 450/455/460/555/555X/560/560X]"

inteltop is in the attachment. But it is empty.

timeout -k .500 .600 intel_gpu_top -Jo - -d pci:slot=0000:00:02.0  outputs nothing.
I found a really strange thing that I need to tell you. 

I have a macos vm which uses a passedthrough AMD Radeon rx460(listed above).

When I open the vm, the gpustatics starts to work. But When I  close the vm, gpustatics fail again with no outputs.

Maybe gpu statistics takes rx460 as a input source wrongly in the beginning. When rx460 is occupied by the vm, it starts to use intel as input source. I can only assume this senario according to the situation.  

inteltop.zip

Hita!

PROBLEM: GPU Statistics is displaying stats from an old gpu

DETAILS: I recently changed motherboards.  I went from an Intel Xeon to an Intel i7 4790.  I only just installed gpu top and gpu statistics.  When i select 'Unit ID for Dashboard(Multiple):' dropdown it lists '00:02.0: Xeon E3-1200 v3/4th Gen Core Processor Integrated Graphics Controller - 0000:00:02.0' which of course was the old gpu prior to replacement.

Running intel_gpu_top from the console reports the following:

image.thumb.png.45846435d48b8d5e9f57b51922d1aa20.png

Thoughts?