Unassigned Devices - Managing Disk Drives and Remote Shares Outside of The Unraid Array


dlandon

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Ever since installing 6.9.1, I can't mount a SMB or NFS share, from my Diskstation, using the Unassigned Devices plugin. I have reinstalled the plugin and installed the plus plugin. Nothing seems to work.  When adding the share, it sees the server and the shares, it just won't mount them. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. 

 

image.png.c79660de55f7a8071abbf7318595c11c.png

Edited by n8johnson
unraid version was incorrect
Link to comment
2 minutes ago, n8johnson said:

Ever since installing 5.9.1, I can't mount a SMB or NFS share, from my Diskstation, using the Unassigned Devices plugin. I have reinstalled the plugin and installed the plus plugin. Nothing seems to work.  When adding the share, it sees the server and the shares, it just won't mount them. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. 

 

image.png.c79660de55f7a8071abbf7318595c11c.png

What is 5.9.1?

 

Try using the IP address of the server, not the server name.

 

Post diagnostics.

Link to comment
Just now, n8johnson said:

Sorry, 6.9.1..I have tried the IP and the hostname. Neither has worked.

Does the Diskstation respond to a ping?  UD pings the server to see if it is available.

 

Post diagnostics.

Link to comment
Just now, dlandon said:

Does the Diskstation respond to a ping?  UD pings the server to see if it is available.

 

Post diagnostics.

Yes, it responds. It displays the shares when I enter credentials and click the "Load Shares". I then select the share click "Done", but it never mounts and the button is greyed-out. 

Link to comment
1 minute ago, n8johnson said:

Yes, it responds. It displays the shares when I enter credentials and click the "Load Shares". I then select the share click "Done", but it never mounts and the button is greyed-out. 

Post diagnostics.

Link to comment
4 minutes ago, n8johnson said:

Here's the issue:

May 29 17:16:17 holocron unassigned.devices: Remote SMB/NFS server '192.168.1.5' is offline and share '//192.168.1.5/cloud_backup' cannot be mounted.
May 29 17:16:17 holocron unassigned.devices: Remote SMB/NFS server '192.168.1.5' is offline and share '//192.168.1.5/media' cannot be mounted.

 The Diskstation is not responding to a ping.

Link to comment
2 minutes ago, dlandon said:

Here's the issue:


May 29 17:16:17 holocron unassigned.devices: Remote SMB/NFS server '192.168.1.5' is offline and share '//192.168.1.5/cloud_backup' cannot be mounted.
May 29 17:16:17 holocron unassigned.devices: Remote SMB/NFS server '192.168.1.5' is offline and share '//192.168.1.5/media' cannot be mounted.

 The Diskstation is not responding to a ping.

huh, i'm logged into it. it is on the network. let me check the firewall. thanks for looking at this. 

Link to comment
11 minutes ago, n8johnson said:

huh, i'm logged into it. it is on the network. let me check the firewall. thanks for looking at this. 

Yup, it's the firewall on the Diskstation. Thanks for your help. I had, what I thought were, the correct ports, but it was still being blocked. Now I know where to to go from here.

Link to comment

Hi!

Is there any way to change where the unassigned devices are mounted? Currently my devices show up at /mnt/disks but I would like to mount them at an empty share (mnt/user/Unassigned).

I wanted to setup a root share as described in this video to be able to copy files from my USB devices to my shares via SMB without needing a file browser such as krusader. 

Link to comment
9 minutes ago, trurl said:

Unassigned Devices cannot participate in User Shares.

 

So there is no way to mount them anywhere else than /mnt/disks? Is there any other way of achieving what I'm trying to? 

Link to comment

CAN'T MOUNT NTFS THUMB DRIVE/EXTERNAL HARD DRIVES USING UNASSIGNED DEVICES

 

I have had little to no issues with Unassigned Devices in the past, but am getting errors attempting to mount usb devices which are NTFS formatted.  

image.thumb.png.ca14ccfd2adabebb3cb29d9392c6f46b.png

image.png.1c8ab4ab7f4dd22fffdf124172f68c68.png

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Link to comment
1 hour ago, Kirkbuilder said:

CAN'T MOUNT NTFS THUMB DRIVE/EXTERNAL HARD DRIVES USING UNASSIGNED DEVICES

 

I have had little to no issues with Unassigned Devices in the past, but am getting errors attempting to mount usb devices which are NTFS formatted.  

image.thumb.png.ca14ccfd2adabebb3cb29d9392c6f46b.png

image.png.1c8ab4ab7f4dd22fffdf124172f68c68.png

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Post diagnostics.

Link to comment
1 hour ago, lurkio said:

Per the last update, 2021.05.26a, Unassigned Devices no longer shows up under 'Main'. Was that intentional and I missed something or is something wrong? Thanks

No change was made to that.  You have an issue with your system.  Try rebooting.

Link to comment
17 hours ago, lurkio said:

Rebooted, uninstalled, reinstalled. Still shows on 'Dashboard' but not on 'Main'. Should I remove it from the USB directly and let it re-install again?

Boot in safe mode and install UD and see if it clears up,  If it does, another plugin is interfering.  I not, post diagnostics before you reboot,

Link to comment
18 hours ago, Kirkbuilder said:

There is an issue with one of your disks because it has a duplicate UUID.  You can fix this in UD settings by creating a new UUID.

May 30 22:31:45 Tower unassigned.devices: Adding disk '/dev/sdy1'...
May 30 22:31:45 Tower unassigned.devices: Mount drive command: /sbin/mount -t xfs -o rw,noatime,nodiratime '/dev/sdy1' '/mnt/disks/WDC_WD80EMAZ-00WJTA0_1SJL8HJZ'
May 30 22:31:55 Tower kernel: XFS (sdy1): Filesystem has duplicate UUID e406c996-a5c7-450c-bde9-bc2f889ce9df - can't mount
May 30 22:31:55 Tower emhttpd: read SMART /dev/sdy
May 30 22:31:56 Tower unassigned.devices: Mount of '/dev/sdy1' failed: 'mount: /mnt/disks/WDC_WD80EMAZ-00WJTA0_1SJL8HJZ: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/sdy1, missing codepage or helper program, or other error. '

Your thumb drives don't show any indication of errors.  It's almost as if they mounted, but UD doesn't pick that up.  Post the output from the following command:

mount

 

Link to comment
4 hours ago, dlandon said:

There is an issue with one of your disks because it has a duplicate UUID.  You can fix this in UD settings by creating a new UUID.


May 30 22:31:45 Tower unassigned.devices: Adding disk '/dev/sdy1'...
May 30 22:31:45 Tower unassigned.devices: Mount drive command: /sbin/mount -t xfs -o rw,noatime,nodiratime '/dev/sdy1' '/mnt/disks/WDC_WD80EMAZ-00WJTA0_1SJL8HJZ'
May 30 22:31:55 Tower kernel: XFS (sdy1): Filesystem has duplicate UUID e406c996-a5c7-450c-bde9-bc2f889ce9df - can't mount
May 30 22:31:55 Tower emhttpd: read SMART /dev/sdy
May 30 22:31:56 Tower unassigned.devices: Mount of '/dev/sdy1' failed: 'mount: /mnt/disks/WDC_WD80EMAZ-00WJTA0_1SJL8HJZ: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/sdy1, missing codepage or helper program, or other error. '

Your thumb drives don't show any indication of errors.  It's almost as if they mounted, but UD doesn't pick that up.  Post the output from the following command:


mount

 

root@Tower:~# mount
proc on /proc type proc (rw)
sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw)
tmpfs on /dev/shm type tmpfs (rw)
tmpfs on /var/log type tmpfs (rw,size=128m,mode=0755,size=384m)
/dev/sda1 on /boot type vfat (rw,noatime,nodiratime,flush,dmask=77,fmask=177,shortname=mixed)
/boot/bzmodules on /lib/modules type squashfs (ro)
/boot/bzfirmware on /lib/firmware type squashfs (ro)
hugetlbfs on /hugetlbfs type hugetlbfs (rw)
overlay on /lib/modules type overlay (rw,lowerdir=/lib/modules,upperdir=/var/local/overlay/lib/modules,workdir=/var/local/overlay-work/lib/modules)
overlay on /lib/firmware type overlay (rw,lowerdir=/lib/firmware,upperdir=/var/local/overlay/lib/firmware,workdir=/var/local/overlay-work/lib/firmware)
/mnt on /mnt type none (rw,bind)
tmpfs on /mnt/disks type tmpfs (rw,size=1M)
tmpfs on /mnt/remotes type tmpfs (rw,size=1M)
/dev/md1 on /mnt/disk1 type xfs (rw,noatime)
/dev/md2 on /mnt/disk2 type xfs (rw,noatime)
/dev/md3 on /mnt/disk3 type xfs (rw,noatime)
/dev/md4 on /mnt/disk4 type xfs (rw,noatime)
/dev/md5 on /mnt/disk5 type xfs (rw,noatime)
/dev/md6 on /mnt/disk6 type xfs (rw,noatime)
/dev/md7 on /mnt/disk7 type xfs (rw,noatime)
/dev/md8 on /mnt/disk8 type xfs (rw,noatime)
/dev/md9 on /mnt/disk9 type xfs (rw,noatime)
/dev/md10 on /mnt/disk10 type xfs (rw,noatime)
/dev/md11 on /mnt/disk11 type xfs (rw,noatime)
/dev/md12 on /mnt/disk12 type xfs (rw,noatime)
/dev/md13 on /mnt/disk13 type xfs (rw,noatime)
/dev/md14 on /mnt/disk14 type xfs (rw,noatime)
/dev/md15 on /mnt/disk15 type xfs (rw,noatime)
/dev/md16 on /mnt/disk16 type xfs (rw,noatime)
/dev/sdd1 on /mnt/cache type btrfs (rw,noatime,space_cache=v2,discard=async)
shfs on /mnt/user0 type fuse.shfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noatime,allow_other)
shfs on /mnt/user type fuse.shfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noatime,allow_other)
/dev/sdj1 on /mnt/disks/CCTV type xfs (rw,noatime,nodiratime)
/mnt/cache/system/docker/docker.img on /var/lib/docker type btrfs (rw,noatime,space_cache=v2)
/mnt/cache/system/libvirt/libvirt.img on /etc/libvirt type btrfs (rw,noatime,space_cache=v2)

Link to comment
2 minutes ago, Kirkbuilder said:

root@Tower:~# mount
proc on /proc type proc (rw)
sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw)
tmpfs on /dev/shm type tmpfs (rw)
tmpfs on /var/log type tmpfs (rw,size=128m,mode=0755,size=384m)
/dev/sda1 on /boot type vfat (rw,noatime,nodiratime,flush,dmask=77,fmask=177,shortname=mixed)
/boot/bzmodules on /lib/modules type squashfs (ro)
/boot/bzfirmware on /lib/firmware type squashfs (ro)
hugetlbfs on /hugetlbfs type hugetlbfs (rw)
overlay on /lib/modules type overlay (rw,lowerdir=/lib/modules,upperdir=/var/local/overlay/lib/modules,workdir=/var/local/overlay-work/lib/modules)
overlay on /lib/firmware type overlay (rw,lowerdir=/lib/firmware,upperdir=/var/local/overlay/lib/firmware,workdir=/var/local/overlay-work/lib/firmware)
/mnt on /mnt type none (rw,bind)
tmpfs on /mnt/disks type tmpfs (rw,size=1M)
tmpfs on /mnt/remotes type tmpfs (rw,size=1M)
/dev/md1 on /mnt/disk1 type xfs (rw,noatime)
/dev/md2 on /mnt/disk2 type xfs (rw,noatime)
/dev/md3 on /mnt/disk3 type xfs (rw,noatime)
/dev/md4 on /mnt/disk4 type xfs (rw,noatime)
/dev/md5 on /mnt/disk5 type xfs (rw,noatime)
/dev/md6 on /mnt/disk6 type xfs (rw,noatime)
/dev/md7 on /mnt/disk7 type xfs (rw,noatime)
/dev/md8 on /mnt/disk8 type xfs (rw,noatime)
/dev/md9 on /mnt/disk9 type xfs (rw,noatime)
/dev/md10 on /mnt/disk10 type xfs (rw,noatime)
/dev/md11 on /mnt/disk11 type xfs (rw,noatime)
/dev/md12 on /mnt/disk12 type xfs (rw,noatime)
/dev/md13 on /mnt/disk13 type xfs (rw,noatime)
/dev/md14 on /mnt/disk14 type xfs (rw,noatime)
/dev/md15 on /mnt/disk15 type xfs (rw,noatime)
/dev/md16 on /mnt/disk16 type xfs (rw,noatime)
/dev/sdd1 on /mnt/cache type btrfs (rw,noatime,space_cache=v2,discard=async)
shfs on /mnt/user0 type fuse.shfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noatime,allow_other)
shfs on /mnt/user type fuse.shfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noatime,allow_other)
/dev/sdj1 on /mnt/disks/CCTV type xfs (rw,noatime,nodiratime)
/mnt/cache/system/docker/docker.img on /var/lib/docker type btrfs (rw,noatime,space_cache=v2)
/mnt/cache/system/libvirt/libvirt.img on /etc/libvirt type btrfs (rw,noatime,space_cache=v2)

It didn't mount.  This is off the wall, but change the 'USB_DISK' mount point to another name.  Also, try the disk in another computer to see if it mounts.

 

Why are you mounting a USB stick with ntfs?  Reformat it to vfat.  Windows will able to read it.

Link to comment
18 minutes ago, dlandon said:

It didn't mount.  This is off the wall, but change the 'USB_DISK' mount point to another name.  Also, try the disk in another computer to see if it mounts.

 

Why are you mounting a USB stick with ntfs?  Reformat it to vfat.  Windows will able to read it.

I am mounting NFS with the thumb drive to test mounting external disks which are multi-terabyte drives.  Once i am able to mount this this thumb drive I should be able to mount the external drives which contain data to load onto the array.  The thumb drive mounts with no issue on all other windows computers in my environment.  I tried changing the mount name to USB_THUMB and it still will not mount. 

image.thumb.png.31bd1e5fad58e3c7b4fe0412248a15d7.png

image.png.f7befe5c642a32cfce3c4c12d0ce466b.png

I tried unplugging and replugging in as well, no joy.

 

Link to comment
2 hours ago, Kirkbuilder said:

I am mounting NFS with the thumb drive to test mounting external disks which are multi-terabyte drives.  Once i am able to mount this this thumb drive I should be able to mount the external drives which contain data to load onto the array.  The thumb drive mounts with no issue on all other windows computers in my environment.  I tried changing the mount name to USB_THUMB and it still will not mount. 

image.thumb.png.31bd1e5fad58e3c7b4fe0412248a15d7.png

image.png.f7befe5c642a32cfce3c4c12d0ce466b.png

I tried unplugging and replugging in as well, no joy.

 

Let me see if I can reproduce the issue.

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.