Unassigned Devices - Managing Disk Drives and Remote Shares Outside of The Unraid Array

Jul  4 22:31:30 Lucy unassigned.devices: Mounting partition 'sdn1' at mountpoint '/mnt/disks/WD_My_Passport_0827'...
Jul  4 22:31:30 Lucy unassigned.devices: Mount cmd: /sbin/mount -t 'btrfs' -o rw,noatime,nodiratime,space_cache=v2 '/dev/sdn1' '/mnt/disks/WD_My_Passport_0827'
Jul  4 22:31:36 Lucy kernel: BTRFS warning: duplicate device /dev/sdn1 devid 1 generation 16830 scanned by mount (7531)
Jul  4 22:31:38 Lucy unassigned.devices: Mount of 'sdn1' failed: 'mount: /mnt/disks/WD_My_Passport_0827: mount(2) system call failed: File exists.        dmesg(1) may have more information after failed mount system call. '
Jul  4 22:31:38 Lucy unassigned.devices: Partition 'WD My_Passport_0827' cannot be mounted.
Jul  4 22:33:15 Lucy kernel: usb 1-8: USB disconnect, device number 5
Jul  4 22:33:17 Lucy usb_manager: Info: rc.usb_manager usb_remove  Western_Digital_My_Passport_0827_57583431443635354C554158 /dev/bus/usb/001/005 001 005 
Jul  4 22:33:17 Lucy usb_manager: Info: rc.usb_manager Device Match 001/005 vm:   001 005 
Jul  4 22:33:17 Lucy usb_manager: Info: rc.usb_manager Removed 001/005 vm:  nostate 001 005

The First Entrys are i tried to mount the Disk by UD. Before that i unplug and plugin it again to Unraid last Night.

The Last Entrys are i unplug the USB Disk from Unraid for the Check on the Linux Client.

6 minutes ago, Revan335 said:
Jul  4 22:31:30 Lucy unassigned.devices: Mounting partition 'sdn1' at mountpoint '/mnt/disks/WD_My_Passport_0827'...
Jul  4 22:31:30 Lucy unassigned.devices: Mount cmd: /sbin/mount -t 'btrfs' -o rw,noatime,nodiratime,space_cache=v2 '/dev/sdn1' '/mnt/disks/WD_My_Passport_0827'
Jul  4 22:31:36 Lucy kernel: BTRFS warning: duplicate device /dev/sdn1 devid 1 generation 16830 scanned by mount (7531)
Jul  4 22:31:38 Lucy unassigned.devices: Mount of 'sdn1' failed: 'mount: /mnt/disks/WD_My_Passport_0827: mount(2) system call failed: File exists.        dmesg(1) may have more information after failed mount system call. '
Jul  4 22:31:38 Lucy unassigned.devices: Partition 'WD My_Passport_0827' cannot be mounted.
Jul  4 22:33:15 Lucy kernel: usb 1-8: USB disconnect, device number 5
Jul  4 22:33:17 Lucy usb_manager: Info: rc.usb_manager usb_remove  Western_Digital_My_Passport_0827_57583431443635354C554158 /dev/bus/usb/001/005 001 005 
Jul  4 22:33:17 Lucy usb_manager: Info: rc.usb_manager Device Match 001/005 vm:   001 005 
Jul  4 22:33:17 Lucy usb_manager: Info: rc.usb_manager Removed 001/005 vm:  nostate 001 005

The First Entrys are i tried to mount the Disk by UD. Before that i unplug and plugin it again to Unraid last Night.

The Last Entrys are i unplug the USB Disk from Unraid for the Check on the Linux Client.

If you remove a disk from the array, it will show a duplicate uuid in ud.  Go to ud settings and change the uuid of that disk.  It should mount then.

25 minutes ago, dlandon said:

If you remove a disk from the array, it will show a duplicate uuid in ud.  Go to ud settings and change the uuid of that disk.  It should mount then.

How i can do this?

Does this have an impact on anything else?

Edited by Revan335
1 hour ago, dopeytree said:

There is no spin down setting for my drive via unassigned.devices am I doing something wrong?

The UD disk spin down is set by the global disk spin down - Settings->DIsk Settings.  You cannot set individual spin down timers on UD disks.

19 minutes ago, dlandon said:

The UD disk spin down is set by the global disk spin down - Settings->DIsk Settings.  You cannot set individual spin down timers on UD disks.

Interesting the global is set to 15minutes.. maybe theres is a general spin down bug in 6.12.2

1 hour ago, dopeytree said:

Yep can manually spin it down. I'm just trying to pin down why auto spin down isn't working.

I am also trying to find out why it is not auto spinning down.  What I'm trying to do is determine the following:

• Will it spin down manually?  Your answer 'yes'.
  • Will it stay spun down or is something spinning it back up after manually spinning it down?
  • Is it mounted or unmounted?

Answering all of these questions will help me determine where to look.  Just saying it is not auto spinning down is not helpful because all my disks spin down as they should.  There's no way I can reproduce your issue without more info.

Post diagnostics on your next post.

• Will it spin down manually? yes

• Will it stay spun down or is something spinning it back up after manually spinning it down? Seems to be staying spun down now. Last night I swapped the drives around so before it was a single ZFS array drive on the HBA. Now it is the (UA) XFS drive. and have removed ZFS master. Think maybe several causes. There is a theory that HBA's and ZFS Master plugin cause spin ups.

• Is it mounted or unmounted? unmounted. XFS.

• 2x diagnostics attached.

• Thanks your plugins are awesome.

moulin-rouge-diagnostics-20230704-2348.zip moulin-rouge-diagnostics-20230705-1906.zip

Edited by dopeytree

Hi. Probably it has been already addressed but I am unable to find info about my issue.

Currently I am using the plugin to mount an SMB share from another device.

The problem I am having is that when using the automount it defaults to these modes 

file_mode=0777,dir_mode=0777

And I want to set this other modes instead for a particular mount

file_mode=0770,dir_mode=0770

How can I do that??

I can't see anywhere a place where I can put parameters or modify the way mounts are done.

Could anyone please point me in the right direction?

Thanks.

2 hours ago, Natrim said:

Hi. Probably it has been already addressed but I am unable to find info about my issue.

Currently I am using the plugin to mount an SMB share from another device.

The problem I am having is that when using the automount it defaults to these modes 

file_mode=0777,dir_mode=0777

And I want to set this other modes instead for a particular mount

file_mode=0770,dir_mode=0770

How can I do that??

I can't see anywhere a place where I can put parameters or modify the way mounts are done.

Could anyone please point me in the right direction?

Thanks.

There is no way for you to control the mount permissions.  Access to SMB shares on Unraid is controlled by user access (Private mode of sharing) unless you are sharing the devices Public.  In that case all users can read and write the shares.  What is your use case?

11 hours ago, dlandon said:

There is no way for you to control the mount permissions.  Access to SMB shares on Unraid is controlled by user access (Private mode of sharing) unless you are sharing the devices Public.  In that case all users can read and write the shares.  What is your use case?

Hi, thanks for your reply.

I am sorry I don't understand it though. I don't know what you mean by sharing in private or public mode.

When using Unassigned Devices Plugin to mount the share I get this.

drwxrwxrwx 2 nobody users   0 Jul  8 09:16 /mnt/remotes/SERVERDNS_nextcloud/

(because it is using file_mode=0777,dir_mode=0777)

When I SSH to the Unraid and run this command the mount is using the modes correctly (for my scenario)

mount -t cifs //SERVERDNS/nextcloud /mnt/remotes/SERVERDNS_nextcloud -o rw,relatime,vers=3.1.1,cache=strict,username=MYUSERNAME,domain=WORKGROUP,uid=99,noforceuid,gid=100,noforcegid,addr=192.168.2.50,file_mode=0770,dir_mode=0770,iocharset=utf8,soft,nounix,mapposix,rsize=4194304,wsize=4194304,bsize=1048576,echo_interval=60,actimeo=1

drwxrwx--- 2 nobody users   0 Jul  8 09:16 /mnt/remotes/SERVERDNS_nextcloud/

If I can do it manually it surely can be automated, the question is how? Because I don't want to be doing SSH everytime Unraid reboots :D

I don´t see any way to provide mount parameters to Unassigned devices plugin.

Could you please point me to a way to automate this mount with the proper parameters?

Thanks.

Edited by Natrim
Clarification
4 hours ago, Natrim said:

Hi, thanks for your reply.

I am sorry I don't understand it though. I don't know what you mean by sharing in private or public mode.

When using Unassigned Devices Plugin to mount the share I get this.

drwxrwxrwx 2 nobody users   0 Jul  8 09:16 /mnt/remotes/SERVERDNS_nextcloud/

(because it is using file_mode=0777,dir_mode=0777)

When I SSH to the Unraid and run this command the mount is using the modes correctly (for my scenario)

mount -t cifs //SERVERDNS/nextcloud /mnt/remotes/SERVERDNS_nextcloud -o rw,relatime,vers=3.1.1,cache=strict,username=MYUSERNAME,domain=WORKGROUP,uid=99,noforceuid,gid=100,noforcegid,addr=192.168.2.50,file_mode=0770,dir_mode=0770,iocharset=utf8,soft,nounix,mapposix,rsize=4194304,wsize=4194304,bsize=1048576,echo_interval=60,actimeo=1

drwxrwx--- 2 nobody users   0 Jul  8 09:16 /mnt/remotes/SERVERDNS_nextcloud/

If I can do it manually it surely can be automated, the question is how? Because I don't want to be doing SSH everytime Unraid reboots :D

I don´t see any way to provide mount parameters to Unassigned devices plugin.

Could you please point me to a way to automate this mount with the proper parameters?

Thanks.

Are you accessing the remote share through the local mount point?