[Support] ich777 - AMD Vendor Reset, CoralTPU, hpsahba,...

5 minutes ago, casperse said:

Sorry I didnt press the upload 🙂

I don't see a iGPU in your lspci output, did you change something in terms of hardware or did you made any changes in the BIOS or upgraded the BIOS?

Please keep in mind that you have to enable Multi Monitor support in the BIOS to keep the iGPU active if you have a dGPU installed <- at least that's the case for most motherboards.

5 hours ago, ich777 said:

I don't see a iGPU in your lspci output, did you change something in terms of hardware or did you made any changes in the BIOS or upgraded the BIOS?

Please keep in mind that you have to enable Multi Monitor support in the BIOS to keep the iGPU active if you have a dGPU installed <- at least that's the case for most motherboards.

The only change I can think off is changing the HBA card no Bios changes but maybe something has happened?
I will get a monitor and check the bios

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Hm, I'm having some trouble following a brief power outage. The plugin was working perfectly for me before the power outage. I did a clean reboot of my QNAP TS-464 NAS after the power came back up, and just noticed all my drives were running hot, and the box for the plugin on the dashboard was gone. I followed the setup instructions again, found that my fan seemed to have moved from hwmon3 to hwmon2, but I was getting permission errors when trying to write to pwm1.

I thought maybe a fresh install would be a good idea so I removed the plugin, and now I can't even reinstall it. When I look in the "Apps" section, the QNAP EC plugin is listed as "Pending" with no download button. When I try to install directly from Plugins > Install Plugin from the URL https://github.com/ich777/unraid-qnapec/blob/master/qnap-ec.plg, I get the error 

plugin: XML file doesn't exist or xml parse error

Any idea what I can do to get the plugin reinstalled and running successfully again?

Thanks for the help!

Screen Shot 2024-01-31 at 7.13.23 PM.png

Screen Shot 2024-01-31 at 7.16.16 PM.png

Hi,

I just installed your rcon plugin to try and connect to my Palworld server. I can use an rcon client on my pc to connect to the server without a problem but when I do it from unraid i cannot connect.

If i change my palworld server network type to bridge then i can connect to it from unraid. But if i set it to Custom : br0 and have a static ip 192.168.2.205 i cannot connect to it from inside unraid.

Any help would be apreciated.

Thanks

image.thumb.png.89fe917793c7003482454f82409b87d6.png

Edited by SuperToaster
29 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Please read this post:

I did, i found a temporary fix that that is to have the container set to Bridge and add 

&& docker network connect --ip 192.168.2.205 br0 Palworld

this way i can still connect using 192.168.2.205 but i can also connect using rcon within unraid rcon -H 172.17.0.3 -p 25575 -P password.

I can connect from my desktop using rcon -H 192.168.2.205 -p 25575 -P password but in unraid i have to use con -H 172.17.0.3 -p 25575 -P password

Edited by SuperToaster
  • Like 1
Just now, SuperToaster said:

this way i can still connect using 192.168.2.205 but i can also connect using rcon within unraid rcon -H 172.17.0.3 -p 25575 -P password.

You could also enable Allow Host Access in the Docker settings to circumvent that.

May I ask why did you even set it up as br0, in my opinion this makes no sense and has not really any benefit.

6 minutes ago, ich777 said:

You could also enable Allow Host Access in the Docker settings to circumvent that.

May I ask why did you even set it up as br0, in my opinion this makes no sense and has not really any benefit.

I wanted all my game containers to have a different local IP and not have my other containers visible to them.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, SuperToaster said:

I wanted all my game containers to have a different local IP and not have my other containers visible to them.

You could also achieve that with a custom bridge network, as said above, in my opinion that's a bit overkill and not necessary because you the port assignment is the important bit.

However that's all up to you. ;)

Hi, I'm using your Palworld Docker Container and it works great so far.

Today I installed your RCON plugin to connect to the Server but I'm not able to get it to work.

I "activated" RCON in the config and besides the Palworld container I only use a DuckDNS container.

If I try to connect with "rcon -H 172.17.0.3 -p 25575 -P password", nothing happens. 

After waiting a couple seconds and sending /Info, I get: "Failed to communicate: Broken pipe".

I searched the Forum and read several Posts here, so I tried Arrcon which didn't let me connect to the server either.

Then I found a website to monitor Palword Servers via RCON which let's me connect with my Internet-IP, the port and password (Internet-IP doesn't work with the unraid plugin or with Arrcon...). 

Any Idea why that website works but nothing else does?

5 minutes ago, Bonkitti said:

Any Idea why that website works but nothing else does?

Please read that post here:

Please don't forget to activate RCON, it is disabled by default. Please also keep in mind that if you are running the container not in the default bridge it will not work, at least not like in the linked post.

On 1/31/2024 at 7:18 PM, mr.answer said:

Hm, I'm having some trouble following a brief power outage. The plugin was working perfectly for me before the power outage. I did a clean reboot of my QNAP TS-464 NAS after the power came back up, and just noticed all my drives were running hot, and the box for the plugin on the dashboard was gone. I followed the setup instructions again, found that my fan seemed to have moved from hwmon3 to hwmon2, but I was getting permission errors when trying to write to pwm1.

[snip]

Ok, I managed to get the plugin reinstalled, and have just been trying to re-follow the directions here, but it seems like the plugin isn't loaded. When I check my dashboard, the fans module isn't there, and when I go to /sys/class/hwmon/, there is no symlink to ../../devices/platform/qnap-ec/hwmon/hwmonX/.

root@Tower:/sys/class/hwmon# ls -la
total 0
drwxr-xr-x  2 root root 0 Feb  3 11:55 ./
drwxr-xr-x 50 root root 0 Feb  3 11:54 ../
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root 0 Feb  3 11:55 hwmon0 -> ../../devices/virtual/thermal/thermal_zone0/hwmon0/
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root 0 Feb  3 11:55 hwmon1 -> ../../devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1c.4/0000:03:00.0/nvme/nvme0/hwmon1/
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root 0 Feb  3 11:55 hwmon2 -> ../../devices/platform/coretemp.0/hwmon/hwmon2/

Just in case, I rebooted after installing the plugin to see if that would get it to load.

Before these problems started, the symlink was to hwmon3, but that folder isn't there now. I'm attaching my diagnostics, hoping to get some help. Thanks!

tower-diagnostics-20240203-1148.zip

7 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Please don't forget to activate RCON, it is disabled by default. Please also keep in mind that if you are running the container not in the default bridge it will not work, at least not like in the linked post.

I activated RCON (and it seems to work, because I can connect via that webpage) and I'm running the container in the default bridge. That were a few of the first things I checked after I found your linked post. 

15 minutes ago, mr.answer said:

Ok, I managed to get the plugin reinstalled

Uninstall the plugin, reboot, reinstall it, create the file from your linked README.md and then reboot again and post your Diagnostics please if it isn't working afterwards.

I really can not help much with QNAP since I don't have any QNAP device.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, ich777 said:

So is it now working? If not please post the command that you try to connect but without the password.

No it doesn't, I did all that before I posted here. 

I used rcon -H 172.17.0.3 -p 25575 -P password.

I also tried to connect with my Internet-IP since that works on that webpage, but it doesn't make a difference. 

I'm at a friends place right now and will try again to get it to work later, but I really don't know why it's not working or what I could change. 

20 minutes ago, Bonkitti said:

This is wrong, you have to use your server IP not the internal IP from Docker, you are also missing a command at the end like showplayers or info.

If RCON is reachable from outside so to speak your public IP this is bad… haven‘t you read the description from the port entry for RCON?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, ich777 said:

Uninstall the plugin, reboot, reinstall it, create the file from your linked README.md and then reboot again and post your Diagnostics please if it isn't working afterwards.

I really can not help much with QNAP since I don't have any QNAP device.

Thank you, I think I was being stupid 🙃

Is modprobe qnap-ec check-for-chip=no the command that loads the plugin? I misunderstood that step and so I think it wasn't loading bc...I wasn't loading it. This is what I get for blindly following directions and not looking up what the commands I don't recognize mean.

Anyway, removing the plugin, deleting and re-creating the modprobe.d folder and qnap-ec.config file, and then running that command got me back up and running. Thanks again <3

• Like 1
6 hours ago, ich777 said:

This is wrong, you have to use your server IP not the internal IP from Docker, you are also missing a command at the end like showplayers or info.

If RCON is reachable from outside so to speak your public IP this is bad… haven‘t you read the description from the port entry for RCON?

Now I feel absolutely stupid... I thought I had to connect first and then use the commands... I tried the server IP before with the same results, but now with a command at the end everything is working....

I read the description from the port entry and I know that it's bad. I just opened the port to test it and closed it afterwards.

Thank you very much! And keep up the good work!

5 hours ago, Bonkitti said:

Thank you very much! And keep up the good work!

Please note that I‘ve updated the plugin a few hours back and the command structure changed, please issue rcon -h from the command line once to see how to use it now.

• Like 1

Hello all,

@ich777 awsome work with these plugin.

I'm running Unraid OS 6.12.3 with stock kernel.

However, I need to update the kernel so modules for the NCT6775 can be loaded. 

I also use BTRFS extensively in my pools (for data bandwidth), and features and bugfixes are frequent on this FS within linux kernel updates.

I also need drivers for Coral TPU and nvidia GPU.

I can see that your plugins goes up to kernel 6.6.13-unraid. Where can I find the bz* corresponding images please?

On 1/22/2024 at 7:59 AM, ich777 said:

Sorry but this Kernel version is not supported by Unraid nor is it used in any Unraid version.

I just compile the plugin packages for Kernel versions that ship with Unraid.

Where can I find supported kernel versions please? Do I have to pack my own bz images?

As seen here, I shall be able to use up to 6.6.13 https://github.com/ich777/unraid-coral-driver/releases and been able to install your plugins.

1 hour ago, Reynald said:

Yes I did, but the 6775 module is not found.

Because it is using the 6687 module.

57 minutes ago, Reynald said:

Where can I find supported kernel versions please?

In the repositories as you‘ve already discovered.

As seen here, I shall be able to use up to 6.6.13

Yes.

Do I have to pack my own bz images?

If you want to use newer Kernel versions yes. But I have to say that‘s up to you since I only compile the plugin packages only for official Unraid Kernel versions and no you can‘t find them publicly yet.

• Like 1