Docker Updates - Do I need to stop the array and stop all the dockers?

Seems a bunch (not all) of my dockers need updating.. should I always do that if the docker seems to be working... Also, when I update do I need to close the arry down and stop the dockers? Also when software says there is an update, I do not do it I only update the entire docker itself? (plex says there is an update for example in the webUI, but the binhex docker itself dose not have a new version?)

18 minutes ago, questionbot said:

Also when software says there is an update, I do not do it I only update the entire docker itself?

Only update through the Docker tab and not directly in the application.  The container author will eventually get the updates into their container and this is the "safe" way to do the updates.

Plex, UniFi Controller, Tautulli and others will often notify of updates within the application.  Ignore them and only update when the docker container says it has an update.

20 minutes ago, questionbot said:

should I always do that if the docker seems to be working

Depends on the container.  With UniFi controller for example, I often do not update just because one is available as they tend to live on the bleeding edge with the :latest tag.  With Plex, I usually update as they often introduce new features or fix a bug and have proven to be fairly stable even with the latest Plex Pass versions.

Best to review updating on a per docker basis, particularly where services will cause you much grief if they go down i.e. media server when your users are your family.

I use the Auto-update plugin, which I allow most of my dockers to auto update, but a few have auto update disabled so I can manually review changes where I think there might be breaking changes i.e. major version update

You can also specify tagged release if you absolutely need it to stay on a specific release, updating will have no effect in this case.