[Support] diamkil - Overseerr

diamkil

On 3/18/2021 at 8:32 PM, crazygambit said:

Is anyone having trouble with setting up email notifications? For some reason the same settings that work perfectly in Ombi don't work here at all. I never get the test email.

Yes - I am having the same issue but trying to get reverse proxy (using Ngninx Reverse Proxy) to work before I tackle the email issue.

Anyone have this working with Ngninx Reverse Proxy on CloudFlare? Any tricks? Thanks!

8 hours ago, TexasDave said:

Yes - I am having the same issue but trying to get reverse proxy (using Ngninx Reverse Proxy) to work before I tackle the email issue.

Anyone have this working with Ngninx Reverse Proxy on CloudFlare? Any tricks? Thanks!

I got reverse proxy working using Letsencrypt (now called Swag) using nginx just by modifying the provided sample for subdomain. The install instructions mention that subfolder doesn't work so I made a new subdomain using duckdns.org. I've never used Cloudflare, so no clue there.

• Like 1

@crazygambit - Thanks! I moved away from SWAG and have been using the Nginx Proxy Manager docker. Just a personal preference. All on hold right now but will circle back to see if I can get Overseer to work as it looks to be more intuitive versus Ombi. But Ombi is up and working....

EDIT: I fixed it. Typo in Nginx Proxy Manager Setup. Extra  "one" in my IP. I knew it was something stoopid. Will post if and when I sort out the email bits....Thanks!

Edited by TexasDave

Having issues getting reverse proxy working on my end. I followed spaceinvader's video, but no dice. The Overseerr webUI works fine and I can port forward to access from outside the network with `PUBLICIP:5055`, but that defeats the purpose of reverse proxy.

Here's what I've done:

• I have my own domain name through namecheap
  • I'm using Cloudflare's nameservers
  • I've created `customsubdomain.duckdns.org`
  • In Cloudflare, I've created a subdomain by adding CNAME - `requests` and pointed it to `custumsubdomain.duckdns.org`
  • I've created a custom docker proxynet and pointed both the SWAG docker and the Overseerr docker to that
  • I've edited the nginx proxy config for Overseer to `server_name requests.*;
  • In SWAG docker config I've set Host Port: 180 for Container Port: 80 and Host Port 1443 for Container Port: 443
  • In Overseerr, I've added Application URL `https://requests.customdomain.com` and ticked the box for Enable Proxy Support

I'm not sure where to go from here. Any help is greatly appreciated

EDIT: Fixed it. This was an issue on Cloudflare. I needed to change the Proxy Status from Proxied to DNS only

Edited by ramair02
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry if this is a bit off topic.  I'm trying to customize by app a bit.  I was able to map my public folder to a place in appdata so I could change the logo.  After replacing the png file and restarting the container, everything looks good.

I also wanted to remove some text from the login page.  I tried mapping the src folder which holds this info (/app/src/components/Login/index.tsx) just as I did with the public folder, and while the folder seems to have mapped correctly, changes aren't showing up after I save and restart the container.  Does anyone know how I can get these changes to take effect?

• 3 weeks later...