My Servers Early Access Plugin


Recommended Posts

16 hours ago, Ashashaneil said:

No download when using cdn:


wget https://unraid-dl.sfo2.cdn.digitaloceanspaces.com/unraid-api/dynamix.unraid.net.txz
--2021-07-26 16:08:35--  https://unraid-dl.sfo2.cdn.digitaloceanspaces.com/unraid-api/dynamix.unraid.net.txz
Resolving unraid-dl.sfo2.cdn.digitaloceanspaces.com (unraid-dl.sfo2.cdn.digitaloceanspaces.com)... 205.185.216.42, 205.185.216.10
Connecting to unraid-dl.sfo2.cdn.digitaloceanspaces.com (unraid-dl.sfo2.cdn.digitaloceanspaces.com)|205.185.216.42|:443... 

 

 

So since the CDN is not working for me, is there any other option? Can I modify the plg file and update the url with CDN in it?

Link to comment
10 hours ago, Ashashaneil said:

So since the CDN is not working for me, is there any other option? Can I modify the plg file and update the url with CDN in it?

 

It would be possible for you to edit the plugin, but I'm a little leery to explain how. It would make updating rather difficult for you.

 

Are you able to download this file using your browser?
  https://unraid-dl.sfo2.cdn.digitaloceanspaces.com/unraid-api/dynamix.unraid.net.txz
It seems like something on your network is blocking the download, I'm wondering if your browser will show you a message.

Link to comment

Hey everyone, please go to your Plugins tab and check for updates, we have a small but mighty set of improvements for you:


## 2021.07.27
### This version resolves:
- issues with Local Access urls 
- issues booting when Internet is down
 

### This version adds:
- more Unraid 6.10 compatibility

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment

I enabled My Servers and now everytime I go to 192.168.0.100 on my LAN it automatically changes the address to [assorted letters/numbers].unraid.net/login. How do I stop this behavior? I have remote access turned off.

 

Edit: actually - i turned off SSL/TLS to "no" and regained access to my server via traditional 192.168.0.100. Does this have any adverse impacts across any other unraid / docker / other features by keeping this on no vs. auto?

Edited by Linguafoeda
Link to comment
10 hours ago, Linguafoeda said:

I enabled My Servers and now everytime I go to 192.168.0.100 on my LAN it automatically changes the address to [assorted letters/numbers].unraid.net/login. How do I stop this behavior? I have remote access turned off.

 

Edit: actually - i turned off SSL/TLS to "no" and regained access to my server via traditional 192.168.0.100.

 

Right, using SSL for local access is a core feature of Unraid, not My Servers.  

 

Although if you want to enable the optional Remote Access feature of My Servers, then (in Unraid 6.9.2) you are required to enable SSL for local access as well. Since you are not using the optional Remote Access feature then feel free to change "Use SSL/TLS" to "no". See https://wiki.unraid.net/My_Servers#How_to_disable_SSL_for_local_access

Exciting hint about the forthcoming version of Unraid 6.10 - you will no longer be required to enable SSL locally in order to use Remote Access. woot!

 

10 hours ago, Linguafoeda said:

Edit: actually - i turned off SSL/TLS to "no" and regained access to my server via traditional 192.168.0.100. Does this have any adverse impacts across any other unraid / docker / other features by keeping this on no vs. auto?

 

Everything will work the same. It is basically a question of whether you want to access your webgui over https (secure) or http (insecure). i.e. it depends on how much you trust your local LAN.

Link to comment

Hi team, I have it all setup however as im unable to find an answer im going to ask, this plugin in only to access the dashboard? If i want to access Deluge UI i'd need to forward 8112? if i'd need to enable ports for each docker ill just stick with my vpn. A little confused.

Link to comment
5 hours ago, JosephStyles said:

Hi team, I have it all setup however as im unable to find an answer im going to ask, this plugin in only to access the dashboard? If i want to access Deluge UI i'd need to forward 8112? if i'd need to enable ports for each docker ill just stick with my vpn. A little confused.

 

The optional Remote Access feature of My Servers provides access to the Unraid webgui. For access to files or dockers you'd want to use VPN.  For more info about My Servers see: https://wiki.unraid.net/My_Servers

Link to comment
On 7/30/2021 at 9:06 AM, ljm42 said:

 

The optional Remote Access feature of My Servers provides access to the Unraid webgui. For access to files or dockers you'd want to use VPN.  For more info about My Servers see: https://wiki.unraid.net/My_Servers

And you can Access VM´s via VNC ✌️

Right now i´m at work and access my VM at home.

So i can open my Dockers and files from there

 

image.thumb.png.970f46c9389b46ab9842cd7da8ad3dac.png

Edited by Meannekes
  • Like 1
Link to comment

So I have a question or two about this plugin. Will we be able to use it behind nginx or not? Second is can we do a redirect host from our domain to our unraid domain to make it a shorter domain. 

Link to comment
8 hours ago, Owner said:

So I have a question or two about this plugin. Will we be able to use it behind nginx or not? Second is can we do a redirect host from our domain to our unraid domain to make it a shorter domain. 


Our remote access solution should not be proxied. The reason we provide this solution is that getting it right is tough. If you want to do it on your own then you do not need our solution.

 

Note that while some people are successful putting the Unraid webgui behind a proxy, it is not officially supported. I mean, if it works, great! But we don't do any testing around this.

Link to comment

@ljm42 I read some of your comments regarding this Plugin on the 6.10.0-rc1 thread.

 

While I am going to maintain my distance from the remote access component of the Plugin - I do see value and convenience in the functionality to backup / restore the OS USB.

 

The only thing that makes me pause is that, AFAIK, the backup functionality still doesn't use encryption.

 

Are there any plans to introduce enrcyption?

Edited by danioj
  • Like 3
Link to comment

Trying to updated the WAN port on myservers and I just get the spinning circle on "applying" button.

 

If I go to another page and then come back..  I still see the default port of  443.

 

Second question..  Do I have to keep "prevent DNS rebind attacks" unchecked on my router once I provisioned?

 

 

 

Link to comment

Update..

I do get the spinning circle every time I try to apply when I change something in my servers area.

If I disable remote access...  I get the spinning circle.

But  when I go back to something else or refresh, I see the new setting.  Same thing if I enable ..  I get the spinning applying that never goes away..  But if I refresh, it sticks.

However...  If I try to change the port, it never sticks.  I always see the 443 port.  Double however...  if I actually try the remote

access, I see the new port being used and it works fine even though the webpage settings still says port 443.

 

I do have the flash backup disabled if that has anything to do with this...

 

Bug?  Something with my setup?image.png.edf0ad6881c62851fa3a0a81ecf9c166.png

Link to comment
1 hour ago, jbuszkie said:

Do I have to keep "prevent DNS rebind attacks" unchecked on my router once I provisioned?

 

DNS rebinding protection prevents "yourpersonalhash.unraid.net" from resolving to a LAN IP. So in order to enable SSL for Local Access you must permanently disable DNS rebinding protection.

 

In Unraid 6.9, in order to use Remote Access you must also enable SSL for Local Access. As mentioned above, this requires DNS Rebinding protection to be disabled permanently.

 

In Unraid 6.10 you are not required to enable SSL for Local Access, therefore DNS Rebinding protection is not an issue and can remain enabled

 

Link to comment
2 hours ago, jbuszkie said:

Update..

I do get the spinning circle every time I try to apply when I change something in my servers area.

If I disable remote access...  I get the spinning circle.

But  when I go back to something else or refresh, I see the new setting.  Same thing if I enable ..  I get the spinning applying that never goes away..  But if I refresh, it sticks.

However...  If I try to change the port, it never sticks.  I always see the 443 port.  Double however...  if I actually try the remote

access, I see the new port being used and it works fine even though the webpage settings still says port 443.

 

I do have the flash backup disabled if that has anything to do with this...

 

Bug?  Something with my setup?

 

This sounds like a client-side problem. What browser are you using? If you are running an ad blocker be sure to whitelist your server and *.unraid.net.  Try doing this in private/incognito mode as that disables most browser extensions.

 

Also, please upload your diagnostics (from Tools -> Diagnostics)

Link to comment
3 minutes ago, ljm42 said:

 

DNS rebinding protection prevents "yourpersonalhash.unraid.net" from resolving to a LAN IP. So in order to enable SSL for Local Access you must permanently disable DNS rebinding protection.

 

 

Yeah.. I figured that out.  I was able to setup a DNSMASQ setting to allow unraid.net in my tomato config

 

Thanks!

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
7 minutes ago, ljm42 said:

 

This sounds like a client-side problem. What browser are you using?

Chrome

 

Quote

 

Try doing this in private/incognito mode as that disables most browser extensions.

I tried that with the same result.

 

Quote

Also, please upload your diagnostics (from Tools -> Diagnostics)

Sure..  I looked in the logs and saw nothing.  This is the only spot were I get this.  If I change the "Use SSL/TLS" to No..  That change happens just fine..  It's only if I muck with the  "My servers" section.

 

Not sure what the update DNS is supposed to do? (generate a new certificate?)  But that seems to not come back either.

tower-diagnostics-20210810-1401.zip

Link to comment
3 hours ago, jbuszkie said:

Yeah.. I figured that out.  I was able to setup a DNSMASQ setting to allow unraid.net in my tomato config

 

To confirm that DNS rebinding protection really is disabled, on your client computer go to a command prompt and type:

ping rebindtest.unraid.net

The ping will fail but what we are checking is whether it is able to resolve the IP address.  If you see this then DNS rebinding is properly disabled:

Pinging rebindtest.unraid.net [192.168.42.42] with 32 bytes of data:

 

Link to comment
15 hours ago, ljm42 said:

 

 

The ping will fail but what we are checking is whether it is able to resolve the IP address.  If you see this then DNS rebinding is properly disabled:


Pinging rebindtest.unraid.net [192.168.42.42] with 32 bytes of data:

 

Yup..  That works fine.

image.png.456c709abb3c6804502ea69fd34e9799.png

 

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.