"SimpleFeatures" Plugin - Version 1.0.11

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have three 3 TB drives installed, one as parity and two as data. Under stats, it looks like 1/2 is taken as parity and the other half is data, although I know this should be split 1/3 and 2/3. Any ideas? I know it's not really using 1/2 of my total space as parity, just seems weird that it displays that way.

Thanks, went back to using original one  ;D

But with simpleFeatures-0.9b-unraid-speeding_ant.tgz I cant see the icon for the UPS , here is the plug-in http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=15583.0

pligin is installed, I can in unmenu that the UPS is working fine, but no icon in the GUI

Worked fine with simpleFeatures-0.9e-unraid-adapted-by-bergware.tgz

//Peter

I updated the plugin to show the APCUPSD icon under Network Services instead of General Settings, since General Settings only exists in "simpleFeatures-0.9e-unraid-adapted-by-bergwar". 

I have three 3 TB drives installed, one as parity and two as data. Under stats, it looks like 1/2 is taken as parity and the other half is data, although I know this should be split 1/3 and 2/3. Any ideas? I know it's not really using 1/2 of my total space as parity, just seems weird that it displays that way.

There is a small calculation error in the ratio between total array and parity size. It will be corrected in the next release.

There is a small calculation error in the ratio between total array and parity size. It will be corrected in the next release.

Good to know, thank you.

Made an update to the package, and version 0.9c 0.9d 0.9e is available for download here.

Changes in this version:

+ Stats page can toggle between display of disks and shares (click on the 'view' icons on top right for selection)

+ Simple Features version is mentioned next to the unRAID version

+ Added a little 'snow' twist to the unRAID image (disabled by default, go to display settings to enable it)

- Corrected a bug in the browse function, file sizes were not correctly displayed

Note 1: the "free" calculation of shares is based on the existence of the particular share on a disk. In other words it won't count disk space for those disks which do not have this share present. This is different from the unRAID calculation, given in the "User Shares" page.

Note 2: After upgrading to this package, the 'extra' settings are reset to their defaults.

Enjoy!

bonienl,

great improvements to a great plugin... a few things...

1) Small bug.. the snow is present on the Share Settings page, regardless of the setting.

2) It appears that trying to load the share stats0 crashes the web gui.. I haven't been able to make it work, and I have to reboot to get web control back.

Cheers,

whiteatom

1) Small bug.. the snow is present on the Share Settings page, regardless of the setting.

2) It appears that trying to load the share stats0 crashes the web gui.. I haven't been able to make it work, and I have to reboot to get web control back.

1. I have seen this, it only appears on the Share Settings page, nowhere else. It is something in the internals of the snow javascript itself (not written by me). Haven't found a way yet to circumvent the bug... Is corrected in the next release!

2. You have a share named "stats0" and the webgui crashes when opening the Disks Stats page. Is this a correct understanding?

Adding a share named "stats0" did not give problems on my system. Does your system also crash when opening the "shares" page?

This is a new release version 0.9f.

In this version I have created a GUI interface for two scripts which I commonly use: "cache_dirs" (made by Joe L.) and "s3_sleep" (various authors). The latter one has been adapted to work in a similar background way as cache_dirs. It accepts options too for interaction with the GUI.

settingsPage.png

Complete change log:

- Corrected ratio calculation between total array size and parity size

- Corrected display of "snow" on Share Settings page

- Corrected 'notice' display of UserEdit page

+ Added display of duration and average speed for last successful parity-check

+ Added menu for cache_dirs

+ Added menu for s3_sleep

* Improved "uncommitted changes" warning to work dynamically (including newly added pages)

download the file, copy it to "/boot/extra" and reload your system.

Let me know your findings...

1. It creates the file "/boot/config/ultra.cfg" which holds and restores the settings after a reboot.

2. It adds the execution of "cache_dirs" and "s3_sleep" to the "boot/config/go" file (if you have enabled these functions)

Delete the "ultra.cfg" file, remove the entries from the "go" file (or better restore the file from an original copy), delete the package from the "extra" directory and after a reboot all is as original.

Ps. the "ultra.cfg" file is only created when changes to the settings have been made and applied.

I don't want to sounds like a pain in the arse here but these features that are being added to "SimpleFeatures" are great... but I would rather see them made into plugins.

I know they are not enabled until you tell them to be, but including these things in SimpleFeatures just bloats the GUI skin part of it.

I would love to see simple features go to being PURELY a GUI skin for the default unRAID webGUI.

The mail package that has been added, the cache_dirs script, the sleep stuff... should really all be plugins and NOT part of this GUI skin.

I don't want to sounds like a pain in the arse here but these features that are being added to "SimpleFeatures" are great... but I would rather see them made into plugins.

I know they are not enabled until you tell them to be, but including these things in SimpleFeatures just bloats the GUI skin part of it.

I would love to see simple features go to being PURELY a GUI skin for the default unRAID webGUI.

The mail package that has been added, the cache_dirs script, the sleep stuff... should really all be plugins and NOT part of this GUI skin.

From my point of view this functionality was added because it should have been part of unRAID in the first place. Yes - I know - all very questionable, but it serves a certain convenience to have a one-in-all installation. The danger of separate plugins is what I am facing today: there is no easy way with stock unRAID to view available plugins and install them - say ala firefox plugins. Perhaps this will come in the future, for the moment one needs to search the forum to find useful additions, which is quite daunting at times.

I can understand your point of view, it is a battle between "essential" and "optional" and this indeed is a thin line  :)

From my point of view this functionality was added because it should have been part of unRAID in the first place.

Yup, I understand that point of view... I just don't quite agree with it  :P

Yes - I know - all very questionable, but it serves a certain convenience to have a one-in-all installation.

Convenience yes, possible problem down the road, most probably.  Having each function separate can/will be easier to support in the long run I think

The danger of separate plugins is what I am facing today: there is no easy way with stock unRAID to view available plugins and install them - say ala firefox plugins. Perhaps this will come in the future, for the moment one needs to search the forum to find useful additions, which is quite daunting at times.

The final 5.0 release is supposed to include a plugin manager ala firefox.  Lime-Tech posted about it in the plugins forum if I remember correctly.

I can understand your point of view, it is a battle between "essential" and "optional" and this indeed is a thin line  :)

Indeed it is.

Personal Opinion warning:

The plugin system was implemented for a reason, and the additions that have been added by SimpleFeatures prior to 5.0b11+ and after should be (in my opinion) .plg plugins or unMenu packages.

Breaking SimpleFeatures apart into the Features part of it and the GUI skin itself would be my preference.  I want the GUI skin but not the Features as they have been "added" in.  I would prefer the features as .plg files/unmenu packages.

Please don't take the above as a personal shot at anyone.  SimpleFeatures and everyone that has worked on it (hell I created the first unMenu package manager package for it) has done a hell of a job.  I have alway taken the approach of having a great base to work from and then allowing me to extend it from there with stuff that I want.  I don't want something in a package that I will never use.  It is the reason I don't use Vuze, etc, etc, etc.

I rather like the idea of breaking simple features out in to just a GUI skin. Why not one up that though and provide the ultimate simple feature of all:  a plugin manager. Pretty gui + plugin manager would be awesome and make everyone's lives much easier :)

Regarding the "UI" + "Plugins" vs. "All in One Release" debate:

I feel I need to be "the other side of the coin".

I am a former UnRaid user from way back (I registered on the forums in 2006  ;) ), who left for a while, and just returned to using UnRaid. I have literally spent hours and hours reading the forums to determine all I really want is:

• A really nice GUI - LOVE this GUI!  Sorry Tom, you are not a GUI person: the stock UI with 5 is terrible (I actually think 5 is worse than 4)
  • Sleep - please sleep my server when I'm not using it
  • Cache Dirs - This is really useful
  • Check parity monthly
  • Send me email if there are any problems - set it and forget it.

Does anyone have any idea how long it takes to educate yourself on the forums - find this stuff and then try to make it work on V5?  I'll give you a hint - sleep is completely different on V5 from V4 - all the sleep scripts you will find on the forums don't work!

So, I for one, LOVE the idea of dropping in one package, and get working versions of this stuff AND a GREAT new GUI on ONE STEP!

Go Speeding_Ant and Bonienl!!!!   ;D

One more thing...

bonienl - sorry I really liked speeding_ant's orginal "clean" header.  It completed the design beautifully.

Adding back the mountains, snow, etc. - is that really necessary?  Don't get me wrong the extensions you are doing from a functionality standpoint are amazing but speeding_ant knocked it out of the park with the original UI.  Your changes to make it look more like the original v5 GUI are going backwards IMHO. 

is it possible to fix the format of the mail output, some disk did not get a new line

Disk Temperature Status
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Parity Disk [sda]: Spun-Down (DiskId: ST31500341AS_9VS4Q71V) Disk 1 [sdk]: Spun-Down (DiskId: WDC_WD15EADS-00R6B0_WD-WCAVY0164770)
Disk 2 [sdc]: Spun-Down (DiskId: WDC_WD15EADS-00P8B0_WD-WMAVU0799207)
Disk 3 [sdg]: Spun-Down (DiskId: WDC_WD10EADS-00L5B1_WD-WCAU4D312833)
Disk 4 [sdj]: Spun-Down (DiskId: WDC_WD15EADS-00S2B0_WD-WCAVY0802799)
Disk 5 [sdi]: Spun-Down (DiskId: SAMSUNG_HD103UJ_S13PJ1KQ612827) Disk 6 [sde]: Spun-Down (DiskId: WDC_WD6400AARS-00Y5B1_WD-WCAV5D365310)
Disk 7 [sdd]: Spun-Down (DiskId: WDC_WD10EACS-00ZJB0_WD-WCASJ1110243)
Disk 8 [sdf]: Spun-Down (DiskId: WDC_WD15EARS-00Z5B1_WD-WMAVU2990125)
Disk 9 [sdh1]: 25°C (DiskId: ST3500630AS_9QG0V4HA)

Disk SMART Health Status
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Parity Disk Spun-Down (DiskId: ST31500341AS_9VS4Q71V) Disk 1 Spun-Down (DiskId: WDC_WD15EADS-00R6B0_WD-WCAVY0164770)
Disk 2 Spun-Down (DiskId: WDC_WD15EADS-00P8B0_WD-WMAVU0799207)
Disk 3 Spun-Down (DiskId: WDC_WD10EADS-00L5B1_WD-WCAU4D312833)
Disk 4 Spun-Down (DiskId: WDC_WD15EADS-00S2B0_WD-WCAVY0802799)
Disk 5 Spun-Down (DiskId: SAMSUNG_HD103UJ_S13PJ1KQ612827) Disk 6 Spun-Down (DiskId: WDC_WD6400AARS-00Y5B1_WD-WCAV5D365310)
Disk 7 Spun-Down (DiskId: WDC_WD10EACS-00ZJB0_WD-WCASJ1110243)
Disk 8 Spun-Down (DiskId: WDC_WD15EARS-00Z5B1_WD-WMAVU2990125)
Disk 9 PASSED (DiskId: ST3500630AS_9QG0V4HA)

One more thing...

bonienl - sorry I really liked speeding_ant's orginal "clean" header.  It completed the design beautifully.

Adding back the mountains, snow, etc. - is that really necessary?  Don't get me wrong the extensions you are doing from a functionality standpoint are amazing but speeding_ant knocked it out of the park with the original UI.  Your changes to make it look more like the original v5 GUI are going backwards IMHO. 

As I wrote in my initial post when offering the modified version: "it contains my preferences - you may like it or not" ;D

You can of course wait for the next official release of SF from speeding_ant, some development will be carried over...

• Squid locked this topic