Sabnzbd unMenu package

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing that might be useful to note is that if you are using SABnzbd to download directly to the array, when your files are unpacked, renamed and moved to a user share as their final destination (e.g. by SickBeard or CouchPotato), they will NOT use the allocation method for that user share.

The files will remain on the same disk that they were downloaded to. My work-around for this is to use a "tmp" user share that is "cache only" (a 5.0 beta setting that prevents files on that share from being moved to the array). This forces unRAID to use the allocation method for the user share where your files are ultimately moved to.

Without using a cache disk, I don't think this problem is possible to avoid.

Using 5.0b10 and am having a difficult time syncing the sabnzbd with sickbeard post-processing scripts.  I have modified the .cfg file and then linked to the proper folder under the Post-Processing setting in SAB, but in the categories tab under TV, I can't get anything to show up in the Script drop down option.  Any ideas?

Using 5.0b10 and am having a difficult time syncing the sabnzbd with sickbeard post-processing scripts.  I have modified the .cfg file and then linked to the proper folder under the Post-Processing setting in SAB, but in the categories tab under TV, I can't get anything to show up in the Script drop down option.  Any ideas?

Um, honestly no.  I set mine up and it seems to be working just fine.  Not to sound like a arse or anything but in this case a google search is probably your best bet.

Be sure you have your permissions set on that autoprocesstv folder located in Sickbeard. Be sure to restart Sab after you make those changes and it will will show up in the drop down.

reinstalled my SAB using this package. so far, awesome! reinstalls on boot perfectly, all good setting.

it will only shutdown/restart once sickbeard + couch potato are shutdown. is that normal?

are your sickbeard+couch potato scripts stable/reliable? my sickbeard+couch are working fine but i'd love to have a button to close them like whats on your unmenu scripts!

reinstalled my SAB using this package. so far, awesome! reinstalls on boot perfectly, all good setting.

it will only shutdown/restart once sickbeard + couch potato are shutdown. is that normal?

Honestly not sure, it kind of makes sense, but I rarely shut my server off/down so I don't usually touch these apps that much.

are your sickbeard+couch potato scripts stable/reliable? my sickbeard+couch are working fine but i'd love to have a button to close them like whats on your unmenu scripts!

Yes, the Sickbeard and Couchpotato scripts are looking good also.  Couchpotato keeps changing so I have to keep changing/updating the script.  I think I need to change it right now anyway, so download the couchpotato script here in a little bit.

How do you guys upload nbz file to Sabnzbd?

It is time consuming to download nbz file first and then go to Sabnzbd website then click on upload button to select  nbz file

SickBeard managed my TV shows for me.  Short of that, I rarely download a tone of nzb files in one go.

If you use a site like binsearch you can select multiple files to group in one nzb.  if you add that one nzb to SAB it should "expand" it out into the multiple downloads.

What is the easy way to update to a newer release of SAB ?. I have tried to update the conf file, but is not working.

//Peter

Honestly not sure... have not had a chance to test it as of yet.  What did you try to update in the .conf file?

To release 0.6.6, web link and name if the packages...

To release 0.6.6, web link and name if the packages...

OK, that is fine, but you also need to change the MD5 checksum of the package to be able to update the .conf

Yes I did that as well, all is OK, but it doesn't install 0.6.6 ,it always shows 0.6.5

Not sure what is going on if you did update the .conf file correctly.  I will have to look into it when I get a chance and see what might be going on.  Not sure when that will happen, but since 0.6.5 is still working I will probably revisit this in a week or so.

okay this is really wierd. my sabnzbd just wiped itself out. i dont know wtf is up with this stuff.

shall i reinstall?

That is not enough information. I need more than that to figure out if it was something the package did, or if it may have been user error.

Can I get the output of:

ps -ef | grep SABnzb

cat /boot/packages/SABnzbd-0.6.5-src.tar.gz.auto_install

ls ***OF THE INSTALL DIRECTORY OF SABnzb***

cat ***OF THE sabnzbd.ini file in the INSTALL DIRECTORY OF SABnzb***

***INSTALL_DIRECTORY_HERE***/SABnzbd.py -v

sorry man i just reinstalled unraid.

I can explain it best I can though. I think its something I did wrong.

Sab was installed to cache/apps/Sabnzbd.

Randomly (and I mean randomly), sabnzbd folder was MOVED to my Disk 1/Parity drive. This fucked up Sabnzbd. I do not know what triggered the move nor how to prevent it next time but I'm just going through a new parity check and I have on both drives:

Media (my media share) and apps (the apps folder for Sabnzbd). pretty confused tbh.

I feel that I read that there was a modification to the mover script to add other symbols (like "_") instead of a period.  That way it would display on a Mac.  I also feel like the ability to change the leading symbol might even be built-in to the new betas, but I could be completely wrong. 

I feel that I read that there was a modification to the mover script to add other symbols (like "_") instead of a period.  That way it would display on a Mac.  I also feel like the ability to change the leading symbol might even be built-in to the new betas, but I could be completely wrong. 

That addon can be found in unMenu.