Sabnzbd unMenu package

Finally decided to give this a go. Unfortunately I started from the old thread first, used that package and couldn't get anything to show up even though it claimed to be installed. Decided to start again once I found this thread.

First upgraded from UnRaid 4.6 > 4.7, then updated unMenu then grabbed this package and installed SABnzbd, or at least tried:

SABnzbd-0.6.7-src.tar.gz installation:
Verifying package pyopenssl-0.10-i486-2sl.txz.
Installing package pyopenssl-0.10-i486-2sl.txz:
PACKAGE DESCRIPTION:
# pyOpenSSL (OpenSSL Python interface)
#
# pyOpenSSL a Python wrapper around the OpenSSL library.
#
Package pyopenssl-0.10-i486-2sl.txz installed.

Installed SABnzbd to /mnt/cache/.sabnzbd
SABnzb sabnzbd.ini file already exists
Created unraid.d directory
Created init script, /etc/rc.d/unraid.d/rc.unraid_sabnzbd
Created unmenu start script, /boot/unmenu/42-unmenu_user_script_start_sabnzbd
Created unmenu stop script, /boot/unmenu/42-unmenu_user_script_stop_sabnzbd
mkdir: missing operand
Try `mkdir --help' for more information.
SABnzbd started as root.
Please go Here to setup SABnzbd the rest of the way

I see it created the .sabnzbd folder on my cache drive, saw that the ini from the previous attempted install existed already, created a bunch of things then had an issue making a directory.

Permissions issue maybe? Whatever the issue, hitting up server:8081 and/or the link it provides doesn't work. I'll keep reading through these 11 pages but if someone has run into this...

Edit: Simplest thing ever. It defaulted to a different port. Now if I can just get it to pick up an nzb... but I feel that's a question for somewhere else.

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally decided to give this a go. Unfortunately I started from the old thread first, used that package and couldn't get anything to show up even though it claimed to be installed. Decided to start again once I found this thread.

First upgraded from UnRaid 4.6 > 4.7, then updated unMenu then grabbed this package and installed SABnzbd, or at least tried:

SABnzbd-0.6.7-src.tar.gz installation:
Verifying package pyopenssl-0.10-i486-2sl.txz.
Installing package pyopenssl-0.10-i486-2sl.txz:
PACKAGE DESCRIPTION:
# pyOpenSSL (OpenSSL Python interface)
#
# pyOpenSSL a Python wrapper around the OpenSSL library.
#
Package pyopenssl-0.10-i486-2sl.txz installed.

Installed SABnzbd to /mnt/cache/.sabnzbd
SABnzbd started as root.

I see it created the .sabnzbd folder on my cache drive, saw that the ini from the previous attempted install existed already, created a bunch of things then had an issue making a directory.

Permissions issue maybe? Whatever the issue, hitting up server:8081 and/or the link it provides doesn't work. I'll keep reading through these 11 pages but if someone has run into this...

Edit: Simplest thing ever. It defaulted to a different port. Now if I can just get it to pick up an nzb... but I feel that's a question for somewhere else.

If you installed over the top of the other package I can't guarantee what would happen.  My package checked for the existence of a previous sabnzbd.ini file and if it exists it DOES NOT create a new one or over write the existing one.  The issues making the directories were probably because of that previous install.

SAB appears to work... but not fully (after finding the correct port)

The queue doesn't show even though files are being downloaded and processed. They don't show up anywhere in the UI until they hit the history.

I wish I had just found this thread first - would have been much easier it seems. In the old thread you mention to search for the package you were working on but I wasn't sure if that meant within that thread or elsewhere. Anyway, after scanning through much of the old one started in Feb, I just went ahead and used that package.

I've read another thread where earlier builds were causing the issues I'm having with the plush skin but they, in the end say a full reboot was all it took to fix it. Tried that.  http://forums.sabnzbd.org/viewtopic.php?t=6912. Also, their registration page breaks for me so I can't ask there just yet.

SAB appears to work... but not fully (after finding the correct port)

The queue doesn't show even though files are being downloaded and processed. They don't show up anywhere in the UI until they hit the history.

I wish I had just found this thread first - would have been much easier it seems. In the old thread you mention to search for the package you were working on but I wasn't sure if that meant within that thread or elsewhere. Anyway, after scanning through much of the old one started in Feb, I just went ahead and used that package.

I've read another thread where earlier builds were causing the issues I'm having with the plush skin but they, in the end say a full reboot was all it took to fix it. Tried that.  http://forums.sabnzbd.org/viewtopic.php?t=6912. Also, their registration page breaks for me so I can't ask there just yet.

Try hitting shift+the web browser refresh button.  See if that fixes anything.

I tested 0.6.9 to the extent of installing it, rebooting multiple times, and then downloading one thing.  I have not tested it under heavy load.  I am still running 0.6.5 on my production machine and it has been working fine for me. I only update the packages because I know others want it updated.  Personally, I take the approach of "if it aint broke don't fix it".

Haha, don't blame you. I wish it weren't broke though.

The package installed 0.6.7 and I see it's asking to update to 0.6.9 but I feel a little update won't fix this issue. (Maybe it would).

I tried both before the reboot, and now, to shift + F5 and same. I've tried multiple browsers. The queue total shows in my browser's tab and it is being processed, it's just not actually listing queue items.

Haha, don't blame you. I wish it weren't broke though.

The package installed 0.6.7 and I see it's asking to update to 0.6.9 but I feel a little update won't fix this issue. (Maybe it would).

I tried both before the reboot, and now, to shift + F5 and same. I've tried multiple browsers. The queue total shows in my browser's tab and it is being processed, it's just not actually listing queue items.

Odd, best to ask on the SAB forum most likely. Maybe try switching the skin and see what happens?...

The package included in unMenu is 0.6.7 and the one attached to the first post is 0.6.9.

I'd ask over there but I can't register :/ Keep getting errors so I've informed their web admin.

Finally got registered. SABnzbd forums claim this appears to be a problem with the python install. I've just been using the provided packages so I'm not sure how to test or remedy it, if the theory's correct.

In the meantime, found another thread over there where this happend: http://forums.sabnzbd.org/viewtopic.php?t=8714 but again, no one know how they fixed it.

Just like in that thread, switching the skin works. It's only the plush skin that has this issue for some reason.

May try what the one guy suggested; delete the admin folder and start again. Maybe I'll see if 0.6.9 helps out.

Edit: Updated to 0.6.9, issue persists.

Edit 2: Finally was able to make an account on their forum. If someone helps out I'll post the resolution here as well.

• 3 weeks later...

I have installed SABNZB through the package manager in unMenu, unfortunately this is version 0.6.7 and I want a newer version. Also I have now a cache-drive installed so I want to re-install SABNZB. Can I uninstall the older version through the package manager and then reinstall it to cache drive? Or is there an easier way?

I have installed SABNZB through the package manager in unMenu, unfortunately this is version 0.6.7 and I want a newer version. Also I have now a cache-drive installed so I want to re-install SABNZB. Can I uninstall the older version through the package manager and then reinstall it to cache drive? Or is there an easier way?

1. Disbale reinstall on reboot

2. reboot

3. delete old install location files

4. download new .conf file attached to first post

5. place .conf file in packages folder

6. change all variables to what you want and then reinstall.

Hi,

got some trouble getting the 6.10 version working. Actually I'm on the 6.9, without any problem, I download the .conf for the 6.10, click on the download then install, but I got those messages :

SABnzbd-0.6.10-src.tar.gz installation:

The latest version of SABnzbd is already installed at /mnt/cache/.sabnzbd
SABnzbd started as root.

It thinks that I already have the latest version, but i'm still in the 6.9. I don't have the disable on reboot button either.

Any ideas ?

Thanks a lot !

@prostuff1: Thank you for the advise.

I just wonder: Is the latest version always the best version? Or is there a "tried and tested" one that is advisable to use for Unraid 4.7?

Honestly not sure... I am still running 0.6.5 as I have taken the philosophy that "if it is not broke don't fix it"

Hi,

got some trouble getting the 6.10 version working. Actually I'm on the 6.9, without any problem, I download the .conf for the 6.10, click on the download then install, but I got those messages :

SABnzbd-0.6.10-src.tar.gz installation:

The latest version of SABnzbd is already installed at /mnt/cache/.sabnzbd
SABnzbd started as root.

It thinks that I already have the latest version, but i'm still in the 6.9. I don't have the disable on reboot button either.

Any ideas ?

Thanks a lot !

I will have to look into this.  I am doing a sort to try and figure out which version is the latest and if I have to guess it is seeing 0.6.10 as a smaller number than 0.6.9

I installed sabnzdb from the unraid package manager - and after installing all of the dependencies it worked.

Then I came upon this thread, deleted everything in the package folder (bad idea i know now- did a unmenu_install -u to get it back).

This time I placed the config file in the package folder then reinstalled sabnzdb - i didnt see any difference in the installation (had to install all dependencies from package manager the same as before) and sabnzbd is still still displaying update available - the config stated it was to install 6.10. I am installing it as the config states onto a drive mounted to /mnt/cache.

anyhow I can live with the older version, but this is main concern for now:

When I run sabnzbd from unmenu scripts it works, great.

however when I run the start command from telnet sabnzbd starts but it wont show anything in the queue, even adding something to the queue wont be shown. It does display if i do an 'ls' on the /downloads folder but nothing on the webinterface.

this is the command I use (in a script with nothing else but "#!/bin/bash")

/etc/rc.d/unraid.d/rc.unraid_sabnzbd start

thanks

I installed sabnzdb from the unraid package manager - and after installing all of the dependencies it worked.

Then I came upon this thread, deleted everything in the package folder (bad idea i know now- did a unmenu_install -u to get it back).

This time I placed the config file in the package folder then reinstalled sabnzdb - i didnt see any difference in the installation (had to install all dependencies from package manager the same as before) and sabnzbd is still still displaying update available - the config stated it was to install 6.10. I am installing it as the config states onto a drive mounted to /mnt/cache.

anyhow I can live with the older version, but this is main concern for now:

When I run sabnzbd from unmenu scripts it works, great.

however when I run the start command from telnet sabnzbd starts but it wont show anything in the queue, even adding something to the queue wont be shown. It does display if i do an 'ls' on the /downloads folder but nothing on the webinterface.

this is the command I use (in a script with nothing else but "#!/bin/bash")

/etc/rc.d/unraid.d/rc.unraid_sabnzbd start

thanks

See this post a page back.

I do not have this problem on the version I am running on my production server so I have not had to mess with it.

I am also NOT going to edit the template file as instructed in that post.  I am going to leave it up to the user to do that if need be.

thank you for the very quick reply prostuff,

I actually just read that post and was coming back to edit mine but you replied too fast, apologies I should of read the entire thread before posting  ::)

The problem seems to be on SAB side of things since changing skins does alleviate the problem. Running sab from the unmenu web scripts works perfectly I was just wondering was the command I use not calling on the python dependency or some technical hocus-pocus like that.

The reason I would like it to work is I use a script to mount the cache drive and then start sab, as opposed to having to open telnet then web interface each time but at least i can get it working now with another skin.

thank you.

EDIT : Got 6.10 installed and removed that line and all is good.

I tried to comment it out first but it didnt work- im sure I did it wrong:

//<% locale.setlocale(locale.LC_ALL, "") %>