[Plugin] Tailscale

8 minutes ago, EDACerton said:

Have you enabled host access to custom networks in your docker settings?

I didn't have that set, but I just enabled it and that worked.. im an idiot.. Thanks!

Edited by Myk3_
1 hour ago, EDACerton said:

Have you enabled host access to custom networks in your docker settings?

Sry for asking here, since I have same problem but with docker version of tailscale. Tbh, I wasnt aware that there is 2 versions. Is there anything I can do to access gui of unraid since I am away from home for the next month and cant connect to my server using lan, Or I am doomed to wait...Thank you in advance for your answer.

Hi! First of all thank you for this plugin, I really like the option to use tailscale without docker.

I have one problem though, but I am not really sure if this is related to the plugin or some misconfiguration on my side.

I host SteamCMD-Game Server for a couple of friends. For this i forwared the games required ports in my router and everything works fine as long a tailscale is disabled. After I enable Tailscale, the game server is not accessible from my friends. The Unraid GUI and other Docker Containers work for me (using tailscale on my phone or forwarding the UI with cloudflare tunnels), and also the problem does not occur instantaniously. (I suspect the nighty reconnect of my internet connection triggers the problem...)

Do you have any idea what this is related to?

Thanks!

10 hours ago, caras said:

Sry for asking here, since I have same problem but with docker version of tailscale. Tbh, I wasnt aware that there is 2 versions. Is there anything I can do to access gui of unraid since I am away from home for the next month and cant connect to my server using lan, Or I am doomed to wait...Thank you in advance for your answer.

If you can’t get to the WebGUI/SSH, there’s not much you can do. 

4 hours ago, ianchen0 said:

This might be a dumb question, but I searched this thread and didn't see it. How do I pause/stop Tailscale on my Unraid server?

Enable advanced view in the settings, it will then have an option to enable/disable Tailscale. 

10 hours ago, zAch523 said:

Hi! First of all thank you for this plugin, I really like the option to use tailscale without docker.

I have one problem though, but I am not really sure if this is related to the plugin or some misconfiguration on my side.

I host SteamCMD-Game Server for a couple of friends. For this i forwared the games required ports in my router and everything works fine as long a tailscale is disabled. After I enable Tailscale, the game server is not accessible from my friends. The Unraid GUI and other Docker Containers work for me (using tailscale on my phone or forwarding the UI with cloudflare tunnels), and also the problem does not occur instantaniously. (I suspect the nighty reconnect of my internet connection triggers the problem...)

Do you have any idea what this is related to?

Thanks!

I don’t have a lot of great insight on this one… there’s a lot going on there. 

Tailscale does watch for changes to network adapters, so it’s possible that something weird is happening if you have one that resets every night. If that’s the case, the simplest fix might be to use user scripts to restart Tailscale after the nightly reconnect:

/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/tailscale/restart.sh

15 hours ago, EDACerton said:

Thank you for your response. I cant access ssh, it say connection refused. I can access and use all other docker apps, like radarr, sonnar, qbittorrent, netdata and similar. Gona remove this docker version and install plugin soon as I get home.

10 hours ago, christophesimon said:

I tried and succed (I think) to set Tailscale plugin up. As far as I can see everything is up and running (green dot and connected) on Tailscale.

But... there is no way I can access to my GUI, also the ping to the TS IP failed.

What did I do wrong ?

Please download diagnostics from inside the plugin settings.

On 2/1/2024 at 7:15 AM, EDACerton said:

I managed to view gui, managed to call somebody to head back to my house, and login to unraid server. I had tailscale0 in interface extra, but did not had eth0, only br0, and when that was added I can access remotely. But I have problem now, cant check for docker  updates or cant browse thru apps. After some time I am getting error message that I need internet access to view apps. 

@EDACertonI'm having the same problem where I'm unable to access my Unraid Gui or ping it from a remote device. Other devices on my tailscale account I can ping and SSH in to. It's just the unraid device that I can't access remotely. I do have Unraid Services listen on Tailscale IP set to yes and I see tailscale1 listed on extra listen interfaces on the network settings page.

Any thoughts?

Amazing plugin! Super appreciate your work!

Attached are logs.

Unraid-tailscale-diag-20240203-145724 2.zip

Sorry but there is a lot to read in this thread, and I have tried this a few ways and I can't get it to work. I would like to be able to access my docker apps through my tailscale network. so say `tower.tailscale1234.ts.net:port`, or even better, something like `app.tower` (likely with a reverse proxy? I was hoping someone could just lay out how to accomplish this. I havent had the issue (yet) with not being able to access the unraid gui as others have. 

So if someone could show what settings need to be set in the tailscale plugin as well as how to conigure the containers/networks for this all to work. I can't find much other help than this thread. 

Hi, first of all, thank you so much for the plugin. I'm trying to install it on my server but I can't seem to get it to work.

I tried the docker container version before trying the plugin version and it worked fine (I can access Unraid GUI from outside), but I don't know what's wrong with my plugin configuration / settings, I can't access Unraid GUI from outside. I've tried setting up over and over but I can't figure it out.

I've only done the following:

1. Installed plugin, authenticate TailScale account on Unraid server.

2. Run the following CLI to enable Exit Node: tailscale up --advertise-exit-node --reset (added --reset because I can't enter only tailscale up --advertise-exit-node, gives an error as non-default flags are needed).

3. Set the unraid's route settings to enable Exit Node in my TailScale Machines config.

Am I missing something? I've confirmed that tailscale1 is added in Interface Extra.

My TailScale settings says 'Viewing: Cannot access this device's Tailscale IP...' even though the status is connected. Also, after I've run the CLI, I can't load the 'Apps' Tab in my Unraid GUI (Download of appfeed failed).

TailScale Viewing.png

Vault-tailscale-diag-20240204-212403.zip

20 hours ago, christophesimon said:

18 hours ago, hovee said:

@EDACertonI'm having the same problem where I'm unable to access my Unraid Gui or ping it from a remote device. Other devices on my tailscale account I can ping and SSH in to. It's just the unraid device that I can't access remotely. I do have Unraid Services listen on Tailscale IP set to yes and I see tailscale1 listed on extra listen interfaces on the network settings page.

Any thoughts?

Amazing plugin! Super appreciate your work!

Attached are logs.

Unraid-tailscale-diag-20240203-145724 2.zip 259.93 kB · 1 download

Have either of you tried restarting your server? I think this is related to a problem I've been chasing related to when Tailscale is initially logged in, but if that's the case a reboot should fix it.

23 minutes ago, jfr07 said:

Hi, first of all, thank you so much for the plugin. I'm trying to install it on my server but I can't seem to get it to work.

I tried the docker container version before trying the plugin version and it worked fine (I can access Unraid GUI from outside), but I don't know what's wrong with my plugin configuration / settings, I can't access Unraid GUI from outside. I've tried setting up over and over but I can't figure it out.

I've only done the following:

1. Installed plugin, authenticate TailScale account on Unraid server.

2. Run the following CLI to enable Exit Node: tailscale up --advertise-exit-node --reset (added --reset because I can't enter only tailscale up --advertise-exit-node, gives an error as non-default flags are needed).

3. Set the unraid's route settings to enable Exit Node in my TailScale Machines config.

Am I missing something? I've confirmed that tailscale1 is added in Interface Extra.

My TailScale settings says 'Viewing: Cannot access this device's Tailscale IP...' even though the status is connected. Also, after I've run the CLI, I can't load the 'Apps' Tab in my Unraid GUI (Download of appfeed failed).

TailScale Viewing.png

Vault-tailscale-diag-20240204-212403.zip 149.01 kB · 0 downloads

Have you rebooted since you removed the Docker plugin? Some folks have had weird issues when switching that only cleared up after rebooting.

57 minutes ago, EDACerton said:

I've released some tweaks on the preview branch that might help:

2024.02.04 (Preview)

• Detect if nginx does not reload correctly after Tailscale comes up
  • Add diagnostic information: ip routing and open ports

Ok after rebooting i still wasn't able to connect. I uninstalled the plugin and installed branch version and bam connection good now. Thanks for this update! 

Thanks for you work, great plugin and worked straight out of the box for me!

I am struggling with VPN client setup:

- Is there a support for Mullvad VPN exit node? It does seem to work through terminal, but then none of the webui links work - is there a workaround for it?

- Same thing happens if I install VPN client (like delugevpn), log shows it's runnig, but webui is inaccessible.

Would appreciate any advise on these.