[指南] 如何解决自定义网络上容器的 macvlan 和 ipvlan 问题

On 7/18/2023 at 3:43 PM, sonic6 said:

@JorgeB @bonienl

can that "solution" marked as "deprecated"?

more and more users sped time changing they're system, with the hope of fixing the traces. but it doesn't work, this only confuses.

@JorgeB @bonienl

maybe NOW is the time, to mark this as "deprected" as a fix for MACVLAN?
Maybe unipin it, and edition the first Post with a hint to update to 6.12.4 instead of using two NICs?

There a still users, who are confused by this """"solution"""

• JorgeB unpinned this topic

Hello !

I updated from unraid 6.11.5 to 6.12.4 today

My server is running with a bridge interface (of 2 SFP port). I'm using macvlan for my docker with IPV4 and IPV6.

After upgading, I cannot use IPV6 for my containers.

I have the same issue as here, for my custom br0 network :

If I choose another custom bridge network (for example br0.50 on a VLAN), I can assign IPV6.

As said here, for my docker network for my bridge, "EnableIPV6" is set to false :

I tried to apply this patch at the end of this conversation but it doesn't resolve my problem :

Does someone know what is happening ?

Thanks

unraid-diagnostics-20230913-1831.zip

Edited by maximushugus
add diagnostics

I was working through the change to eth0, I have already upgraded to 6.12.4, when my internet as a whole went out. Now when I go to make the change to ipvlan from macvlan, I do not see the option at all (yes, I am looking at Docker settings using the advanced view). I dod not use ipv6, is it possible that the option only shows up if both are selected?

I'm experiencing server crashes every 10-12 hours. I initially started using the on-board nic as well as my quad nic card as I thought the issue might be my nic card going out. I started working on the proposed solutions when I saw the macvlan errors and hit this forum. But as noted above, I now have no way to try to move from macvlan to ipvlanDocker_Settings_Screenshot.thumb.png.c594f0c8335d69da7f63f4220f07a608.png

• 4 weeks later...

@limetech

I saw you have openned a bug in relation of the call traces when using macvlan over linux bridges, on linux kernel.

I know that linux packages are linux packages but not all the kernels are compiled with the same options.

On Google I don't see anyone having this issues that is not related with unraid, have you tried to reproduce this on debian 12 or rhel 8, 9 or any other distro?

https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=217777

Maybe this? https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1091779

Edited by L0rdRaiden
  • anpple changed the title to [指南] 如何解决自定义网络上容器的 macvlan 和 ipvlan 问题