Unraid OS version 6.12.10 available

I have a second server on which I run 3 simultaneous Windows 11 VMs, one for my wife, one for my son and one for me on a 13600k and gigabyte z790 Elite AX, two nvidia GT1030 and an RTX3060Ti...

I updated it a while ago to 6.12.10 and the truth is that it works wonderfully, it's a pleasure to use it 👌

• Like 1

I saw update assistant report 6.12.10 when I was on 6.12.8

When updating the OS, the OS went to 6.12.9
once rebooted 6.12.10 was available, must be a staged update as I didn't see 6.12.10 posted on the releases page here

Thanks for this thread, and the community feedback.

I also upgraded to 6.12.10 from 6.12.9 without any issue, even though I had zero issues with .9.
People smarter than I obviously fixed and changed things that needed to be implemented, so why not? :)

Edited by eightysixed

Today I installed a Windows 11 VM on one of my computers, I put a GT1030 in it to transfer it to the VM...

Everything works great... but I am not able to remove the VirtIO disk in windows:

d1DyVB3.png

I also get all the other devices, even the GT 1030, but I was able to solve those with:

hotplug='off'

But the VirtIO disk I don't know how to do it 🤷‍♂️

Thanks 

55 minutes ago, PoMpIs said:

Today I installed a Windows 11 VM on one of my computers, I put a GT1030 in it to transfer it to the VM...

Everything works great... but I am not able to remove the VirtIO disk in windows:

d1DyVB3.png

I also get all the other devices, even the GT 1030, but I was able to solve those with:

hotplug='off'

But the VirtIO disk I don't know how to do it 🤷‍♂️

Thanks 

seems like this should be a separate post in the support thread.

• Like 1
On 4/4/2024 at 1:59 PM, ChatNoir said:

Not recommended is different from not supported.

I've been using them for around thirteen years with unRAID. With my first three unRAID setups. With around 16 drives attached to the port multiplier cards, with each system. They have been rock solid in my use. But, when I setup my unRAIDs four through nine, I got away from using port multiplier enclosures. And only use six drives, internally, in the HP Gen 7 microservers. Since those external enclosures use a lot of power. Plus I'm using 2TB, 3TB, and/or 4TB drives in my first three unRAID setups, with the port multiplier cards. WHile my newer six unRAID setups, from 2023, use 12TB and/or 14 TB drives.

Edited by aaronwt
On 4/9/2024 at 6:05 AM, Kilrah said:

Sounds like you'd have been using SAS expanders, that's perfectly fine. It's with SATA that they are not recommended.

I have been using SATA port multiplier cards. The four stock internal drive connections, the HP Gen 7 Microservers use are SAS. But the port multiplier cards installed and external enclosures I have all use SATA.

The Port multiplier cards I use, in those first three unRAID setups, are the Rosewill RC-218 PCI Express SATA II cards. They are very, very old now. I got my first one in 2011. When I switched from my Windows Home Server to my first unRAID setup. But that was an unRAID system I put together from scratch. With a combination of new and old components. I did not get my first Gen 7 microserver until 2013. 

EDIT: On a more relevant note, I just now finished upgrading my nine unRAID setups to v6.12.10. They all upgraded without any issues.

Edited by aaronwt
On 4/15/2024 at 8:04 AM, pasqual51 said:

Update from version 6.12.9 to version 6.12.10. SFTPGo does not start. I downgrade to version 6.12.9. Everything is working.

When you are ready to try again, be sure to grab your diagnostics.zip (from Tools -> Diagnostics) while in the new version. Then start a new thread under General Support, describe the issue and upload the diagnostics.

12 hours ago, ljm42 said:

When you are ready to try again, be sure to grab your diagnostics.zip (from Tools -> Diagnostics) while in the new version. Then start a new thread under General Support, describe the issue and upload the diagnostics.

Hello, 

I have reverted back to version 6.12.10. I deleted the FTPGo container and reinstalled it from scratch in a new directory. Everything is working well now. Thank you for taking the time to respond.

Have a great day.

• Like 1

Anyone else having issues where the UnRAID GUI stops working?

The login page pops up, I enter user/pass as normal, click login then... nothing, just hangs in both Safari and Chrome.

Tried /etc/rc.d/rc.nginx reload - no change.

As far as I can tell the server itself is working normally, SSH works, dockers/VMs are all running.

Absolutely nothing in the logs relating to nginx at all.

Uptime was since a day or two after .10 was released and I'm using macvlan already.

Anyone else?

Edited by Interstellar
On 4/20/2024 at 1:06 AM, Interstellar said:

The login page pops up, I enter user/pass as normal, click login then... nothing, just hangs in both Safari and Chrome.

As far as I can tell the server itself is working normally, SSH works, dockers/VMs are all running.

Uptime was since a day or two after .10 was released and I'm using macvlan already.

Anyone else?

Please start a new thread in General Support, include as much detail as you can along with your diagnistics.zip (can get from SSH by typing "diagnostics", any questions go ahead and ask in your new thread to avoid a lot of back and forth in this announce post)

On 4/20/2024 at 10:06 AM, Interstellar said:

Anyone else?

I had same problem

6 minutes ago, yonesmit said:

I had same problem

13 hours ago, ljm42 said:

Please start a new thread in General Support, include as much detail as you can along with your diagnistics.zip (can get from SSH by typing "diagnostics", any questions go ahead and ask in your new thread to avoid a lot of back and forth in this announce post)

16 hours ago, ljm42 said:

This thread is perfect for quick questions or comments, but if you suspect there will be back and forth for your specific issue, please start a new topic. Be sure to include your diagnostics.zip.

I know this is the process, but posting that took a few mins just to see if it was just me or not, which has resulted in someone else having the issue so I know it’s not just me.

sadly sanitising my diagnostics takes ages as it’s poor at anonymising everything.

Its another thing I have to raise a bug for, but sadly my time is exceptionally limited at the moment.