unRAID Server Release 5.0 i386 Available

Hi

Is it safe to installed simple feature (SF) with ver 5.0 and new GUI.

thanks

Well, I am using basic Simple Features (1.0.11) with the Ver 5.0.  I have not had any problems with it.  But I did disable the "Stats", "Sleep" and "Temp" plugins.  (However, those items were disabled back about rc12.) 

The biggest problem seems to be that you can't hide/unhide individual disk shares from the Main page by clicking on the "disk#" label.

I've upgraded to 5.0 and I still run SF 1.0RC1 work fine for me I am only running heath stats web base and sysinfo tho.

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've upgraded to 5.0 and I still run SF 1.0RC1 work fine for me I am only running heath stats web base and sysinfo tho.

Start a parity check with SF open in a browser, your speed will drop to 50% or less. This is why SF development is stopped and speedingant is now joining Tom building the new webgui.

Start a parity check with SF open in a browser, your speed will drop to 50% or less. This is why SF development is stopped and speedingant is now joining Tom building the new webgui.

Yes I am well aware of that little doosie, that's why I also have uumenu installed :) but the rest of the plugin is fine.

The biggest problem seems to be that you can't hide/unhide individual disk shares from the Main page by clicking on the "disk#" label.

I believe that is a Simple Features bug - you can from the standard GUI.

LOL! Been pulling out my hair on that one.  Is there an easy way to get access to the Standard GUI vs having to remove SimpleFeatures?

coming from rc5

whats the best thing to do now?

Format flash, and do clean install?

What about apps..?

So i back up my flash

format

clean install

Then what?

I copy the old config directory over? or can i just leave it with a clean install?

(want to install all addons from start again anyway)

Should i move my plugins from /boot/plugins to /boot/config/plugins?

So I have a major issue.  I replaced a poor performing drive with a new one and started the rebuild process and the server seems to have shit the bed.  I've included the syslog, at this point the webui is unresponsive and I don't have access to any of my shares.

Not sure what to do at this point.  Should I do a hard shutdown and put the original drive back in?

syslog.txt

I've upgraded to v5.0 final.  Everything is working great.

In the first paragraph of the first post of this thread, Tom states that "There is an upgrade utility on the Utils menu that will download the latest webGui development located on github."

I see a "New Permissions" and a "New Config" option, but I don't see an option to upgrade the Web GUI.

Am I looking in the wrong place?

I've upgraded to v5.0 final.  Everything is working great.

In the first paragraph of the first post of this thread, Tom states that "There is an upgrade utility on the Utils menu that will download the latest webGui development located on github."

I see a "New Permissions" and a "New Config" option, but I don't see an option to upgrade the Web GUI.

Am I looking in the wrong place?

If you already have the new webgui (i.e. if you manually "installed" it before upgrading unraid) I think you will not see that icon. Else if you really have 5.0 final with stock webgui you should see it.

coming from rc5

What about apps..?

So i back up my flash

format

clean install

Then what?

I copy the old config directory over? or can i just leave it with a clean install?

You SHOULD NOT reformat or start over unless you really want to re-install everything.

PPS - I don't like running plugins, as they seem to open the door to reliability issues.

That's why they are optional. ;)

Which is why I beleive that basic email alerting (Disk Full, Overheat, Parity Check Required, Disk with errors, etc...) should be included in the base product.

coming from rc5

What about apps..?

So i back up my flash

format

clean install

Then what?

You SHOULD NOT reformat or start over unless you really want to re-install everything.

ok gonna copy bzroot and bzimage only then

ok gonna copy bzroot and bzimage only then

No.  You should copy over the syslinux files as well (as a minimum) so that you get the correct start up options.  Coming from an earlier RC you might also need to re-run the makebootable.bat file in a Windows machine if unRAID fails to boot properly.

So I have a major issue.  I replaced a poor performing drive with a new one and started the rebuild process and the server seems to have shit the bed.  I've included the syslog, at this point the webui is unresponsive and I don't have access to any of my shares.

Not sure what to do at this point.  Should I do a hard shutdown and put the original drive back in?

So I did a hard reset and popped the old drive back in, no issues.  Did a parity check and I'm all good.  I totally forgot to pre-clear the new drive and it threw an error in step 10 saying it couldn't read or write the MBR (forgot to write it down).  The replacement drive might be defective.  I'm going to setup a baremetal test server and see if i can get it to work, else I'll RMA the RMA.

PPS - I don't like running plugins, as they seem to open the door to reliability issues.

That's why they are optional. ;)

Which is why I beleive that basic email alerting (Disk Full, Overheat, Parity Check Required, Disk with errors, etc...) should be included in the base product.

yes yes

Here's my latest post securing my six-year long reign as the Unraid town dunce.

I have successfully upgraded to the new final, but I can't seem to make the new WebGui active. I went to the Utils page, selected "Upgrade webgui" and that created a new "plugins" folder on my flash drive with one thing in it: "webGui-latest.plg".

I rebooted and my gui is exactly the same. What am I missing?

Thanks again guys!

EDIT: I probably should have mentioned, I have never used any plugins before, so I am currently plugins free.

I have successfully upgraded to the new final, but I can't seem to make the new WebGui active. I went to the Utils page, selected "Upgrade webgui" and that created a new "plugins" folder on my flash drive with one thing in it: "webGui-latest.plg".

Iplementing that "Upgrade webgui" option in 5.0-i386 was a bit premature.  What's on github at the moment is broken in many ways, and is by no means a stable release.  So, that is not really an upgrade.  What the stock webGui should be pulling from github is "webGui-latest-stable".  What it is pulling now is in effect "webGui-latest-beta".

I'm wondering, perhaps since you've never used plugins your USB stick doesn't have the /boot/plugins subfolder. Here's a link to LimeTech's github webpage with manual installation directions:

https://github.com/limetech/webGui

Sometimes you have kickstart the installation process rather than just rebooting by using installplg, but in this case it pretty much goes live easily.

The look is nice, but for rock-solid operation I'd say stay with the default webGUI and give unMENU at try.

I miss the warning message about running a beta every time I fire up the GUI  :P

Well done Tom on finally getting 5.0 out.  I was unlucky in purchasing RAID cards that had no 4.7 support so I've had to use the betas all along.  Although in all honesty I never had any issues caused by bugs, just human/hardware faults (like when I let someone lift the server and "boomeranged" the usb stick with my unRAID install :o ).  Thanks Tom for providing a new key within 24hours!! 

Upgraded to 5.0 from 16c last night and all went well. Had to build the parity drive due to other issues recently but that completed at a not to bad 80something MB's and for the first time in about 3 months I have a protected array  ;D

So...  What's planned for unRAID 5.1  ;D8)