Dynamix - V6 Plugins

8 hours ago, bonienl said:

Delete the file "sensors.conf" on your flash device in the folder /config/plugins/dynamix.system.temp

I looked in my /boot folder with 

find -iname "sensors.conf" -exec echo {} \;

and found nothing.  /boot/config/plugins doesn't have a dynamix.system.temp folder, I believe because I removed that plugin as well. I checked in /etc and found a sensors.conf in /etc/sensors.d/ and removed that, rebooted and now I have no Airflow!

THANKS! Your guidance was helpful.

Hello, I am a complete newb to Linux and Unraid, so please type slowly, because I don't read very fast...

Am having trouble with the System Temp plugin.  Using the k10temp driver, the sensors indicate a static value of 16.8 C for both the CPU and MB, and a critical temp of 20.8 C for both.  I restarted and double checked my BIOS, which indicates the temps to be in the mid-30's to mid-40's.

I ran "sensors-detect" in the console and manually added the following to /etc/rc.d/rc.local

# Chip drivers
modprobe k10temp
/usr/bin/sensors -s

Doing this got the static temp values to display on the dashboard.

I'd greatly appreciate some help getting this sorted out.  Thanks in advance!

hi I had the temp sensors working on my MSI board but since it had issues I returned it and bought a ASUS board

a ASUS TUF X570 Gaming Plus. with 3600 cpu

I had in my go File 

modprobe it87 force_id=0x8628

modprobe nct6775 force_id=0xd120 

I had to have both  when in the MSI  but now im running ASUS and I upgraded to the latest Unraid

but its no longer working the Temp settings  

if I run  sensors-detect

I got

#----cut here----
# Chip drivers
modprobe k10temp
modprobe nct6775
/usr/bin/sensors -s
#----cut here----

so what I did was edit the Go file and did 

modprobe it87 force_id=0x8628
modprobe nct6775 force_id=0xd120
modprobe k10temp
modprobe nct6775
/usr/bin/sensors -s

but that didn't help.. is there something different from MSI to ASUS board.. as the the code in the past helped the 2 modprobe I was told to try .. had to use both to get it to work..

but now I switched boards due to a defect.. I went with ASUS Gamin X570 Plus board..    is there any other code I need to add

I run this plugin since 28Feb2020 on an Intel server board, and it only slept well for a few days straight after client activity, but further on it's was quite random/very rare. SSD cache Move is daily but takes only a few minutes.

Parity check consumes whole Mondays every week.

Is there something about btrfs partitioned drives in the pool? I have one drive(WD2000F9YZ (SE) HDD) with btrfs (only 17.3MB/2TB in use), other drives/parity are HGST Ultrastar He10/WD2002FAEX with xfs.

It keeps unraid 6.8.3 awake according to log, while all disk spinned down according to unraid UI (ssd cache drives are excluded for monitoring):

whole idle night includes sdh Disk activity in log

Wed Mar 18 15:51:08 CET 2020: Disk activity on going: sdh
Wed Mar 18 15:51:08 CET 2020: Disk activity detected. Reset timers.
Wed Mar 18 15:52:08 CET 2020: Disk activity on going: sdh
Wed Mar 18 15:52:08 CET 2020: Disk activity detected. Reset timers.
Wed Mar 18 15:53:08 CET 2020: Disk activity on going: sdh
Wed Mar 18 15:53:09 CET 2020: Disk activity detected. Reset timers.
Wed Mar 18 15:54:09 CET 2020: Disk activity on going: sdh
Wed Mar 18 15:54:09 CET 2020: Disk activity detected. Reset timers.
Wed Mar 18 15:55:09 CET 2020: Disk activity on going: sdh
Wed Mar 18 15:55:09 CET 2020: Disk activity detected. Reset timers.
Wed Mar 18 15:56:09 CET 2020: Disk activity on going: sdh
Wed Mar 18 15:56:09 CET 2020: Disk activity detected. Reset timers.
Wed Mar 18 15:57:09 CET 2020: Disk activity on going: sdh
Wed Mar 18 15:57:09 CET 2020: Disk activity detected. Reset timers.
Wed Mar 18 15:58:10 CET 2020: Disk activity on going: sdh
Wed Mar 18 15:58:10 CET 2020: Disk activity detected. Reset timers.
Wed Mar 18 15:59:10 CET 2020: Disk activity on going: sdh
Wed Mar 18 15:59:10 CET 2020: Disk activity detected. Reset timers.
Wed Mar 18 16:00:10 CET 2020: Excluded day [3] or hour [16].
Wed Mar 18 16:01:10 CET 2020: Excluded day [3] or hour [16].
Wed Mar 18 16:02:10 CET 2020: Excluded day [3] or hour [16].
Wed Mar 18 16:03:10 CET 2020: Excluded day [3] or hour [16].
Wed Mar 18 16:04:10 CET 2020: Excluded day [3] or hour [16].
Wed Mar 18 16:05:11 CET 2020: Excluded day [3] or hour [16].
Wed Mar 18 16:06:11 CET 2020: Excluded day [3] or hour [16].
Wed Mar 18 16:07:11 CET 2020: Excluded day [3] or hour [16].
Wed Mar 18 16:08:11 CET 2020: Excluded day [3] or hour [16].

Edited by 54tgedrg45

I've had Active Streams installed for a while now and recently, it has stopped working. As in, when I go to Tools -> Active Streams, it says No active streams. I expect it to show some remote plex(binhex docker) streams which I know are streaming via the plex dashboard.
--

I am using the latest version of the plugin and have tried reinstalling.
I checked the syslog, and did not see anything suspicious there.
Also checked the support thread, couldn't find any answer to a similar issue.
--

Not quite what else I can do to debug this. Any tips? Is there a log file for plugins?

Note: I am on unRaid 6.6.7

Thanks!

6 hours ago, sync101 said:

I've had Active Streams installed for a while now and recently, it has stopped working. As in, when I go to Tools -> Active Streams, it says No active streams. I expect it to show some remote plex(binhex docker) streams which I know are streaming via the plex dashboard.

It won't show them (never has).  What active streams shows is stuff that is being streamed directly to a client (ie: via SMB).  So far as media is concerned, this means anything going directly to a Kodi system on your network.  Locally opened files (which is what Plex does) do not appear.  For that, you want the open files plugin, but it will show everything.

1 hour ago, Squid said:

It won't show them (never has).  What active streams shows is stuff that is being streamed directly to a client (ie: via SMB).  So far as media is concerned, this means anything going directly to a Kodi system on your network.  Locally opened files (which is what Plex does) do not appear.  For that, you want the open files plugin, but it will show everything.

Thanks! Earlier I could see the plex remote streams (direct stream or transcode) IP addresses. Should it still be doing that? I'm not seeing local nor remote IP addresses. I'm more so interested in the remote IP addresses being displayed.

Just now, sync101 said:

Thanks! Earlier I could see the plex remote streams (direct stream or transcode) IP addresses. Should it still be doing that? I'm not seeing local nor remote IP addresses. I'm more so interested in the remote IP addresses being displayed.

Yeah, I seem to recall that.  Haven't used Plex forever as it sucks locally, and long ago switched to Jellyfin.  

Can't remember if the change in behaviour was due to an update in Plex (IMO, required as it was effectively streaming your media to them and then disseminating it to the clients) or if it's because of a change in active streams to disregard it.

55 minutes ago, sync101 said:

If it's specifically Plex stream info, install the Tautulli docker and connect it to Plex.

I'm having an issue with the Fan Auto Control plugin. The control is working fine apart from when I excluded my cache drive it doesn't seem to actually be ignored. The max temp of CPU and all HDDs is currently 36, and my high temperature threshold is set to 45. But the fans are still at 100%. Cache is the only one that's close to or over the threshold, at ~47.

Edited by Mushin
14 minutes ago, Mushin said:

I'm having an issue with the Fan Auto Control plugin. The control is working fine apart from when I excluded my cache drive it doesn't seem to actually be ignored. The max temp of CPU and all HDDs is currently 36, and my high temperature threshold is set to 45. But the fans are still at 100%. Cache is the only one that's close to or over the threshold, at ~47.

You should exclude your cache drive in the plugin settings. 47deg is usually fine for an SSD. Mine ran constantly when I got new SSD's until I excluded my cache pool.

10 hours ago, emmcee said:

You should exclude your cache drive in the plugin settings. 47deg is usually fine for an SSD. Mine ran constantly when I got new SSD's until I excluded my cache pool.

My point was that I already did exclude the cache drive, but it doesn't seem to actually be ignored by fan control.

I'm having trouble with the fan speed controller (I guess?) on one of my unraid servers.

I have a Z10PE-D16 WS motherboard in that case and in the System Temp plugin I find "coretemp" and "nct6775" drivers.

I get the sensors for the processor and the mainboard, but at Array fan speed I only have "Not used".

I've googled the issue and searched this forum up and down, but can't seem to figure this thing out.

I'm really bad at stuff like this and I'm guessing I'm the root cause of the problem somehow.

Does anyone have any idea of what I'm doing wrong?

As an result I cannot use unraid to control the fan speed inside the chassi.

Any help would really be appreciated!!

On 3/25/2020 at 10:50 AM, Mushin said:

Please does anyone have any input on this issue? At the moment I'm having to set my fan speeds too high to accommodate the higher temp of the NVME drive. I see this issue has been reported by many people over several months with no reply - please could you fix this?

Edited by Mushin
30 minutes ago, Mushin said:

Please does anyone have any input on this issue? At the moment I'm having to set my fan speeds too high to accommodate the higher temp of the NVME drive. I see this issue has been reported by many people over several months with no reply - please could you fix this?

The issue with AutoFan plugin ignoring the "exclude" function for some NVME drives has several requests going back almost a year.  I moved on to the IPMI plugin; that may be an option for you depending on your specific hardware.

Dynamix plugin suite update

Today an update of ALL Dynamix plugins is made available to you.

This update includes outstanding fixes and improvements for several of the plugins, and new in these plugins is the support for the upcoming features of Unraid 6.9, namely

- Multi cache pool support

- Multi-language support

The implementation in the plugins is made such that backward compatibility is in place, this means the plugins keep running on your existing version of Unraid, eventhough it doesn't have the new features of Unraid 6.9. It is always recommended to use the latest version of Unraid, but you are not forced to do so when updating the Dynamix plugins.

Once Unraid 6.9 becomes available, it will automatically make use of the new features, prepared in the plugins.

Go ahead and enjoy the updated Dynamix plugins suite.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
5 hours ago, poto2 said:

The issue with AutoFan plugin ignoring the "exclude" function for some NVME drives has several requests going back almost a year.  I moved on to the IPMI plugin; that may be an option for you depending on your specific hardware.

Thanks. I tried the IPMI plugin - I have an ASRock MB, but couldn't get the plugin to work.

I ended up writing my own custom script to do it, using fancontrol and HDDTemp (in a docker container). The advantage of this method is I can look at CPU and HDD temps, as well as applying an offset to the CPU temp (i.e. if I want to allow a 10C higher temp on the CPU than the HDDs for a given fan speed).

Edited by Mushin

Today, I updated dynamix pluggins (sleep, trim, system info).  Directly afterward, unassigned devices were not visible on the main tab.  And I received this error when trying to stop the array:

emhttpd: error: cmdStop: missing csrf_token

Figuring it was a problem with one of the three plugins causing a conflict after update, I decided to begin uninstalling these three plugins.  Since my server never sleeps, I don't need the sleep plugin, so I uninstalled it first.  My unassigned devices immediately showed on the "Main" tab.  Additionally, I was able to stop the array.  My server seems to be functioning normally.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Edited by DoItMyselfToo