Dynamix - V6 Plugins

bonienl

3166 posts in this topic Last Reply

@bonienl - it seems that this does the trick for me. (see log)

I'll validate this within the next days to be sure that my server is going to sleep reliably and will give an update here.

If I can validate this, it would be nice (for others) if you extend your help description of the parameter "Device activity monitoring" with a short note, that in case of troubles users should try "counters only".

Thanks again - update follows.

Jun  3 00:03:26 UNRAID s3_sleep: All monitored HDDs are spun down
Jun  3 00:03:26 UNRAID s3_sleep: Extra delay period running: 0 minute(s)
Jun  3 00:03:26 UNRAID s3_sleep: Check TCP/SSH/TTY/IP activity
Jun  3 00:03:26 UNRAID s3_sleep: Communication state is idle
Jun  3 00:03:26 UNRAID s3_sleep: Enter sleep state now
Jun  3 00:03:26 UNRAID kernel: PM: suspend entry (deep)
Jun  3 00:03:26 UNRAID kernel: PM: Syncing filesystems ... done.
Jun  3 10:00:10 UNRAID kernel: Freezing user space processes ... (elapsed 0.001 seconds) done.
Jun  3 10:00:10 UNRAID kernel: OOM killer disabled.
Jun  3 10:00:10 UNRAID kernel: Freezing remaining freezable tasks ... (elapsed 0.000 seconds) done.
Jun  3 10:00:10 UNRAID kernel: Suspending console(s) (use no_console_suspend to debug)

Updates:

Jun 4th -> going to sleep at 00:03 - wake up at 10:00 - verified ✔️

Jun 5th -> going to sleep at 00:03 - wake up at 10:00 - verified ✔️ 

Jun 6th -> going to sleep at 00:03 - wake up at 09:50 due to manual WOL - verified ✔️  

Jun 7th ->  going to sleep at 00:03 - wake up at 10:00 - verified ✔️ 

Jun 8th -> going to sleep at 00:03 - wake up at 10:00 - verified ✔️  

@bonienl - as you can see in my updates, I happily can verify that changing the setting to "counters only" is the solution.

So it appreciatly you can change the help note and add the information that changing to counters only will solve problems with the sleep 

Thanks and have a nice day.

Edited by Maddeen
update verification
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It has been some time since I visited the Unraid forums. Due to health issues I had to take a break, and unfortunately this break took way longer than anticipated. But I am back and will sta

Notice: You must be running unRAID version 6.1 or later to use these plugins The easiest way of installing plugins is thru Community Applications. This is an apps installation manager develope

Today has been a productive day   I have updated several Dynamix plugins, mainly bug fixes. Please check your plugins to get the updates.

Posted Images

Is there anyway for Dynamix System Temp to monitor dual Xeon CPUs? In the System Temp menu under "Processor Temperature" I see all 24 cores and the "CPU Temp".  I tried to change the "Mainboard Temperature" to read one of the Cores off the second CPU but after clicking apply it always reverts back to the "MB Temp"--which makes sense in a way but is annoying.  

Is there a way to add a second "Processor Temperature" so I can see the temps on both CPUs? 

I did a search and did not find any solutions.  Sounds like it was added as a request back in 2017 but no word on implementation.  

1 hour ago, bryce2113 said:

Sounds like it was added as a request back in 2017 but no word on implementation.  

I've been looking for this for a long, long ... long time.

Side note I made the mistake of re-detecting my driver tonight, and lost all temp reading I was previously showing on my 32 cores.  Now I can only select 1 of 3 options CPU/MB/SYSTIN

Currently runnig latest update, Attached a screen to show how it was compared to now.

sadKEK.jpg

6 hours ago, Drider said:

imageproxy.php?img=&key=e5eec7c5c933ca16

I've been looking for this for a long, long ... long time.

Side note I made the mistake of re-detecting my driver tonight, and lost all temp reading I was previously showing on my 32 cores.  Now I can only select 1 of 3 options CPU/MB/SYSTIN

imageproxy.php?img=&key=e5eec7c5c933ca16imageproxy.php?img=&key=e5eec7c5c933ca16imageproxy.php?img=&key=e5eec7c5c933ca16imageproxy.php?img=&key=e5eec7c5c933ca16

Currently runnig latest update, Attached a screen to show how it was compared to now.

sadKEK.jpg

Try typing in "coretemp" in the "available drivers" field.  That should fix it.  I had a similar issue happen when I updated to the latest plugin version. 

2 hours ago, bryce2113 said:

Try typing in "coretemp" in the "available drivers" field.  That should fix it.  I had a similar issue happen when I updated to the latest plugin version. 

I did try this, no fix.  However interestingly enough, two reboots later, and it's back to what it was.

I have a question regarding System AutoFan.

Does the plugin take into account the temperature of the drives, that of the CPU, or both? Because I'd like to control both, but clearly an identical threshold for both would make no sense. It'd be nice to have two different threshold groups, and apply the fastest fan speed coming from both calculations.

On 6/14/2020 at 1:05 PM, OdinEidolon said:

I have a question regarding System AutoFan.

Does the plugin take into account the temperature of the drives, that of the CPU, or both? Because I'd like to control both, but clearly an identical threshold for both would make no sense. It'd be nice to have two different threshold groups, and apply the fastest fan speed coming from both calculations.

Is there anybody that can answer my question? Because my drives are all off right now, but the fan is still spinning 100%, for some unfathomable reason. Is there any log I can access?

On 6/13/2020 at 12:59 AM, Drider said:

I did try this, no fix.  However interestingly enough, two reboots later, and it's back to what it was.

I find that the system temp plugin seems reluctant to load all modules, even if listed correctly (I think that the first listed is ignored).  My solution is to modprobe the missing module in the go file.

I have a, what I believe to be serious, problem with the autofan plugin.

I don't understand what the significance/purpose of the 'PWM Controller' field is.  I'm offered options of 'nct6776 - pmw1', 'nct6776 - pmw2' & 'nct6776 - pmw3'.  However, whichever option I select it always gets forced back to pwm1.

My case fans are controlled by '/sys/class/hwmon/hwmon2/pwm2' but with this setting, I find that autofan always sets pwm1 to the same value as pwm2.  This might not be so serious if pwm1 wasn't the controller for my CPU fan!

Why is this happening and how can I stop pwm1 being adjusted?  Is it because of the PWM Controller setting, or is it another issue?

17 hours ago, OdinEidolon said:

Is there anybody that can answer my question? Because my drives are all off right now, but the fan is still spinning 100%, for some unfathomable reason. Is there any log I can access?

I believe that autofan only takes account of drive temperatures.  I'm not sure what happens when there are no drives reporting temperatures (eg all drives spun down).

On 6/18/2020 at 7:26 PM, MothyTim said:

System Autofan not starting on boot? I have to disable and re-enanble the controler to make it start? Wondering if there's a fix?

Cheers,

Tim

How are you loading the sensor modules?  Be aware that, depending on what modules are loaded, the directory path to the sense and control values can change.

I find that the 'Detect' options on the Autofan configuration are not very helpful.  I make all my settings manually, even if one gets overwritten!.

Autofan appears to start okay on boot, for me.  My problem is that it sets my cpu fan to the same control value as the case fans!

Hey, I'm new to Unraid, I've been using it for a month so far and since day one I've used the Dynamix plugins with no problem at all... until yesterday. Out of nowhere, without me touching the config at all, Dynamix S3 Sleep and System Statistics stopped working. 

Suddenly, the server didn't go to sleep, as usual. When checking the config to see what was happening, I found this. As you can see, S3 Sleep config menu looks incomplete now, is not showing me the full set of options (the capture is after reinstalling the plugin, that's why status is shown as stopped. Before reinstalling the status was "active", but the menus were incomplete too):

386040056_Capturadepantalla2020-06-21alas8_08_01.thumb.png.613761a3ef33755d876391ea9a628b96.png

As the whole Dynamix package has been updated these days, I've checked the rest of the plugins just in case, and I found that System Statistics is also not working. This time the config menu looks OK, but the Stats tab shows an error:

1753109804_Capturadepantalla2020-06-21alas8_08_11.thumb.png.6629d6c50d3d3927dc64fe8111fb2229.png

I've tried everything, restarting, deleting and reinstalling the plugins, etc... and nothing. Could this be related to the latest language support updates of these plugins?

I'd appreciate some light on this please.

Thanks!

atlas-diagnostics-20200621-0814.zip

Hi,

after update Dynamix System Stats to version 2020.06.20. I get on the Tab "Stats" the following error.

I use unraid 6.8.3.

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function my_lang() in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix/include/DefaultPageLayout.php(520) : eval()'d code(19) : eval()'d code:56 Stack trace: #0 /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix/include/DefaultPageLayout.php(520) : eval()'d code(19): eval() #1 /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix/include/DefaultPageLayout.php(520): eval() #2 /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix/template.php(60): require_once('/usr/local/emht...') #3 {main} thrown in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix/include/DefaultPageLayout.php(520) : eval()'d code(19) : eval()'d code on line 56

Unbenannt.PNG

Edited by Thorsten
5 minutes ago, jsc_atlas said:

Would this bug be related to the other issues I'm suffering in S3 Sleep? S3 Sleep and System Stats started doing strange stuff pretty much at the same time.

Yes, several plugins have the same bug.

I have made an update for all affected plugins. Please update.

On 6/20/2020 at 6:23 PM, PeterB said:

I have a, what I believe to be serious, problem with the autofan plugin.

I don't understand what the significance/purpose of the 'PWM Controller' field is.  I'm offered options of 'nct6776 - pmw1', 'nct6776 - pmw2' & 'nct6776 - pmw3'.  However, whichever option I select it always gets forced back to pwm1.

My case fans are controlled by '/sys/class/hwmon/hwmon2/pwm2' but with this setting, I find that autofan always sets pwm1 to the same value as pwm2.  This might not be so serious if pwm1 wasn't the controller for my CPU fan!

Why is this happening and how can I stop pwm1 being adjusted?  Is it because of the PWM Controller setting, or is it another issue?

Okay, not as serious as I first thought.  I believe that it's not Autofan which is misbehaving, but System Temp reports the same pwm percentage against all fan speeds, even for a fan which is not controlled by that pwm value (pwm2 in this case).

I wonder whether System Temp and Autofan need some knowledge of which pwm value controls which fan?

It's not clear, to me, how System Temp decides which pwm percentage to display - is there some information shared between the two plugins?

Edited by PeterB
On 6/20/2020 at 11:35 AM, PeterB said:

How are you loading the sensor modules?  Be aware that, depending on what modules are loaded, the directory path to the sense and control values can change.

I find that the 'Detect' options on the Autofan configuration are not very helpful.  I make all my settings manually, even if one gets overwritten!.

Autofan appears to start okay on boot, for me.  My problem is that it sets my cpu fan to the same control value as the case fans!

Hi, load the modules through go file.

After last nights update AutoFan is completly broken, if I try to enable one of the controllers they all enable and there is no apply button! And it stays stopped!

On 5/18/2020 at 6:05 PM, Pol de Lepel said:

Hi all,

I've got some problems with the "Dynamix System Temperature"-plugin. I don't know if it is already a known problem (didn't read the thread). 😅

The problem is that the app doesn't want to show the motherboard-temps after applying them. If I first select only the cpu it works. I can see it everywhere (Mainboard, bottom info bar,...).

If I try to load the motherboard temperature, I can see the temperature before applying. When I apply: I can't see any temperatures anymore (cfr. all pictures in attachment).

If I want to get it working again, I have to delete the plugin, reboot, reïnstall and hope it works. (If doesn't work, I have to try to reïnstall it again untill the motherboard temps work again.)

Could I have a script in the background ruining the plugin?

Is there a solution to the problem?

The new update still doesn't fix this problem.

After choosing and applying a motherboard temperature, all temperatures are gone and none are showing

Edited by Pol de Lepel