Dynamix - V6 Plugins

The system temp plugin found coretemp and showed me acpitz temp1 and temp2, coretemp physical id 0, coretemp core0 and core1.

The array fan speed dropdown just showed Not Used.

Perhaps somebody else who has the same motherboard as you can give a definite answer, but to me it looks like there are no drivers for your motherboard available to do fan control.

I would like to request a few things, hopefully before v6 goes final, but whenever you have time.

My biggest request though is an enhanced download for troubleshooting purposes, a zipped file containing the syslog, a SMART report for EVERY drive that it can see (in or out of the array), and possibly other diagnostic and log files.  Name it something like "servername_timestamp.zip", and add it to the Tools buttons, as something like "Download Diagnostics" or "Troubleshooting".  In addition to the syslog and all SMART reports, I would like to see (when you have time to consider it) a text file included (name it "Main.txt"?) that is a text version of the Main screen, containing the same complete layout of all drives and their numbers and status indicators.  Include all columns but the View column, and use 3 letter codes for the ball colors (Red, Blu, Grn, Gry, Yel, Ong, etc).  By the way, it would be nice to be able to call for the generation of this report from the command line, on those rare occasions when network access is lost, but you still have a working console.

Can I modify my request?  I'd like to add to the diag zip file all the .cfg files from the /boot/config folder, plus super.dat and go.  Perhaps later, you could add every cfg and log file, in their tree structure, from the /boot/config tree.

No hurry, any time in the next week!  (would love it before v6 goes final!)

I would like to request a few things, hopefully before v6 goes final, but whenever you have time.

My biggest request though is an enhanced download for troubleshooting purposes, a zipped file containing the syslog, a SMART report for EVERY drive that it can see (in or out of the array), and possibly other diagnostic and log files.  Name it something like "servername_timestamp.zip", and add it to the Tools buttons, as something like "Download Diagnostics" or "Troubleshooting".  In addition to the syslog and all SMART reports, I would like to see (when you have time to consider it) a text file included (name it "Main.txt"?) that is a text version of the Main screen, containing the same complete layout of all drives and their numbers and status indicators.  Include all columns but the View column, and use 3 letter codes for the ball colors (Red, Blu, Grn, Gry, Yel, Ong, etc).  By the way, it would be nice to be able to call for the generation of this report from the command line, on those rare occasions when network access is lost, but you still have a working console.

Can I modify my request?  I'd like to add to the diag zip file all the .cfg files from the /boot/config folder, plus super.dat and go.  Perhaps later, you could add every cfg and log file, in their tree structure, from the /boot/config tree.

This would certainly save all of us a lot of time telling the users over and over that we need this information, and explaining over and over again how to get it.

This would certainly save all of us a lot of time telling the users over and over that we need this information, and explaining over and over again how to get it.

I'll have a look and see if I can come up with a "troubleshoot" button which collects all necessary information and send it as a zip file.

hi all,

i have a problem with a never sleeping parity drive. dynamix s3 sleep plugin is now on debug mode and is checking every minute the status:

Stitch s3_sleep: Disk activity on going: sdb
May 17 10:41:04 Stitch s3_sleep: Disk activity detected. Reset timers.

its a seagate drive and it was sleeping under unraid 5.0.6: ST3000DM001-9YN166_Z1F1A22L

the spin down delay is already set to 1 hour manually and not to default.

does anyone have an idea? is it correct to have 3 different spinup groups for 3 drives?

hi all,

i have a problem with a never sleeping parity drive. dynamix s3 sleep plugin is now on debug mode and is checking every minute the status:

Stitch s3_sleep: Disk activity on going: sdb
May 17 10:41:04 Stitch s3_sleep: Disk activity detected. Reset timers.

its a seagate drive and it was sleeping under unraid 5.0.6: ST3000DM001-9YN166_Z1F1A22L

the spin down delay is already set to 1 hour manually and not to default.

does anyone have an idea? is it correct to have 3 different spinup groups for 3 drives?

This is a known issue and won't be getting fixed, workaround here. http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=39355.0

hi all.

can it be, that system temp v6 stopped working with 6rc-1 because of the missing python in bzroot?

can someone help me to get it working again? thank you in advance

I can tell you that mine is still working in both rc1 and rc2.  Perhaps, you had better attach a syslog so someone can analyze what is going on.

really strange. i can't get it to work anymore…

here is my syslog but i don't see an error. also deny hosts is not working anymore. any ideas?

Perl is only required for the detection of the drivers.

As long as you keep using your existing settings, it will work under rc1/rc2.

i restored from a backup. working. next bug:

this sensors.conf works for CPU temp only:

# sensors

chip "k10temp-pci-00c3"

label "temp1" "CPU Temp"

as soon as i do add MB Temp, all Temps disappear:

# sensors

chip "k10temp-pci-00c3"

label "temp1" "CPU Temp"

chip "jc42-i2c-0-18"

label "temp1" "MB Temp"

why?

? normal dynamic from rc1. settings > system temp > and here i do everything. click on apply: bam, no temp anymore, no more found sensors to add with dropdown.

It doesn't work that way...

The normal procedure is to have the drivers detected first, then install them and then select the appropriate sensors.

Since the first two steps are not possible at the moment, you have to build the drivers and sensors files manually or restore them from a backup (if they are not present anymore).

These files are located in /boot/config/plugins/dynamix.system.temp

i did this exactly that way. and it worked as i already posted with CPU only! but as soon as i insert the second Temp to MB and hit Apply its all broken. this was already the same behavior on 6b15

With your file in place, can you post the result of this command

sensors -u

Error: File /etc/sensors.d/sensors.conf, line 4: Undeclared bus id referenced

sensors_init: Can't parse bus name

Did you copy the file /boot/config/plugins/dynamix.system.temp/sensors.conf to /etc/sensers.d/sensors.conf ?

The latter one is used by sensors and the error indicates the driver name is incorrect (bad configuration).

When perl is installed you can do a detect drivers and obtain the correct driver names (or you need to do manual searching/replacing).