Squid

[Plug-In] Community Applications

2659 posts in this topic Last Reply

Posted (edited)

Does anyone have a good guide/process on changing the pihole hostname in docker? The container's console lacks an editor and I'm unable to get one via apt-get. - I also tried copying the files (/etc/hosts and /etc/hostname) back to my pc via Krusader, editing them, and copying back to the container... which resulted in the WebGUI no longer loading (by IP) after the container was restarted. - Applying "chmod 777" to the files didn't help either (as I assumed they were copied back as read-only).

Lately, attempting to pass the hostname variable via the container setup gets ignored, and only results in a new random hostname being generated (all of my other settings/data are preserved). - I should note that this seems to be the default behavior when running the container setup (i.e. new random hostname each time, regardless of the variable being passed or not).

Edited by MarkRMonaco

22 minutes ago, MarkRMonaco said:

pihole

Probably best to ask in its support thread

14 hours ago, Paul_Ber said:

Should the animation be over top the App you are pin/unpinning.

No.  It's centered on the display.  It appears every time the browser makes a request to the server.

14 hours ago, Squid said:

Probably best to ask in its support thread

Good call. - I'm following too many topics, and lost track of which one I was posting this on...