Squid

[Plug-In] Community Applications

2740 posts in this topic Last Reply

I have been having issues with CA for some weeks, looks like I found the issue..

Installing CA (and i presume using it) sends requests to raw.githubusercontent.com . This site is blacklisted in pihole by default.

When reading what that url does it is a mystery to me why it is blacklisted to be honoust...

Anyone any idea ?  I have now whitelisted it and everything is fine again.

1 minute ago, Helmonder said:

Installing CA (and i presume using it) sends requests to raw.githubusercontent.com . This site is blacklisted in pihole by default.

Not only CA, but the entire plugin system will also be affected.  piHole is known to cause problems with unRaid, and usually our suggestion is to not route any requests made by the server to piHole.

Question though:  Didn't CA downgrade itself to the Backup Server (which is on amazon aws)?

This site is blacklisted in pihole by default.

Default? I never whitelisted it. No CA problems here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey guys, in case you're wondering, the troll has been vanquished and all posts relating to his content have been bilged.  In other words:

image.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, jonp said:

Hey guys, in case you're wondering, the troll has been vanquished and all posts relating to his content have been bilged.  In other words:

Just when I was getting used to the new avatar 😪

Just now, Squid said:

Just when I was getting used to the new avatar 😪

Yours or his?  This is what I set as his avatar just before banning the account:

image.png

1 minute ago, jonp said:

Yours or his?  This is what I set as his avatar just before banning the account:

Pretty sure @Squid's jealous, as his tagline was "What do I have to do to get a warning point around here?" or something like that for a couple weeks.

Question though:  Didn't CA downgrade itself to the Backup Server (which is on amazon aws)?

Even though not related, I love how ironically this is the last comment now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty sure @Squid's jealous, as his tagline was "What do I have to do to get a warning point around here?" or something like that for a couple weeks.
And I was going to change it this morning to "Just insult squid" but it wouldn't have made sense since I had changed the tagline a couple of weeks ago from that.

Sent from my NSA monitored device

Hi guys,

Thanks for this awesome plugin, how do you add a docker image from Docker hub so it appears under apps like all the others in here?

Thanks

You have to enable that option in the Settings, then when you search there will be an option to also search dockerhub.

Note  that when you get a docker that way there is no standard template so you have to work out the appropriate settings for mounts, etc from the information (hopefully) posted on dockerhub for the container in question. 

Is there a way to browse CA contents WITHOUT having unRAID installed?

I am planning to return to unRAID after many years (before any plug-in functionality) and I am looking to actually "design" things before implementing them and find out first if functionality I want from day one, actually exists.

(here is link to original thread)

Posted (edited)

The raw list is here.   Doesnt look anywhere near as good, but will show you everything 

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/36282-all-unraid-application-template-repositories-support-threads/

(Thread and linked HTML still exists because I can't convince the powers that be to un-sticky it ;) )

Edited by Squid

For what it's worth, I'd have thought it easiest to grab an old USB stick, install a trial copy of Unraid, boot into a machine and install CA.  Might not be as quick as that, but you could try out a few plugins in a sandbox.