Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Unraid

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

[Plug-In] Community Applications

Featured Replies

  • Replies 5k
  • Views 2.2m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • If the source had been in the same GH user then it winds up being a new plugin. A new plugin gets flagged and I receive a notification, and until the plugins are code-reviewed etc etc the they aren'

  • My co-workers wondered why I was taking off my shirt.  They are still baffled why I have to show my belly button to a squid.  😁   

  • Back up.  Sorry for any and all inconveniences. 

Posted Images

I have tried everything I can think of to fix this problem. Is the Community Applications Down?

Download of appfeed failed.

Community Applications requires your server to have internet access. The most common cause of this failure is a failure to resolve DNS addresses. You can try and reset your modem and router to fix this issue, or set static DNS addresses (Settings - Network Settings) of8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 and try again.

Alternatively, there is also a chance that the server handling the application feed is temporarily down. Switching CA to operate in Legacy Mode might temporarily allow you to still utilize CA.


It *appears* that a partial download of the application feed happened (or is malformed), therefore it is probable that the application feed is temporarily down. Switch to Legacy Mode, or try again later)
Last JSON error Recorded: JSON Error: Control character error, possibly incorrectly encoded

 

Support Thread

 

Community Applications Version: 2018.05.23

I am seeing the same screen.

9 minutes ago, ucliker said:

 

I have tried everything I can think of to fix this problem

 

Did you try the solution shown in your screen shot (legacy mode)?

I turned on Legacy Mode and let it download. This worked. 

It works now but I rebooted 3 times today and it didn't fix it. I guess it was a network issue or something, glad it's fixed. 

5 hours ago, ucliker said:

It works now but I rebooted 3 times today and it didn't fix it. I guess it was a network issue or something, glad it's fixed. 

 

You sure don't like to read a few posts before yours ?

Should we start a Get Squid home fund raiser? ?

 

I hope you atleast found something good to drown your sorrows in the bar! 

4 hours ago, saarg said:

 

You sure don't like to read a few posts before yours ?

 

Where Aptalca says server was rebooted? I think ucliker thinks he was referring to Aptalca's unraid server, not whatever's hosting the app feed, which is what I assume Aptalca was talking about.

6 minutes ago, jonesy8485 said:

Where Aptalca says server was rebooted? I think ucliker thinks he was referring to Aptalca's unraid server, not whatever's hosting the app feed, which is what I assume Aptalca was talking about.

 

Much of the last 2 pages of this thread has been about the recent app feed problems so any recent post would have been a clue.

Just now, trurl said:

 

Pretty much this whole last page of this thread has been about the recent app feed problems so any post on this page would have been a clue.

 

 

Alright... I have my pitchfork ready, then. ?

  • Author
2 minutes ago, CHBMB said:

Passport showed up then?

Stressful morning...

 

Tracking via laptop showed that the package never left the originating airport, and was stuck there.

Tracking via my phone (website) showed that the package never left the originating airport, but was somehow miraculously out for delivery

Tracking via the mobile app alternated between never leaving and out for delivery every time I hit refresh.

Yup, I should have clarified. I rebooted the server that hosts the appfeed (restarted the container rather) and it started working. No clue what the issue was. But then again, my years of providing tech support to extended family taught me that the first step of turning things off and back on tends to fix 95% of the problems lol

On 6/2/2018 at 8:38 AM, jonesy8485 said:

 

Where Aptalca says server was rebooted? I think ucliker thinks he was referring to Aptalca's unraid server, not whatever's hosting the app feed, which is what I assume Aptalca was talking about.

Yes, that is exactly what I thought. Like usual someone has to make a smartass remark, hence why I rarely come on these forums anymore. I appreciate all the hard work that is put into these applications but being a little more professional goes a long way. 

 

  • Author
Yes, that is exactly what I thought. Like usual someone has to make a smartass remark, hence why I rarely come on these forums anymore. I appreciate all the hard work that is put into these applications but being a little more professional goes a long way. 
 
You've got to remember though is that most of the long time members or posters do joke around with each other, and occasionally sometimes come across too terse.

But, if this forum, and especially this thread ever becomes "professional" then I'd quit
3 hours ago, Squid said:

You've got to remember though is that most of the long time members or posters do joke around with each other, and occasionally sometimes come across too terse.

But, if this forum, and especially this thread ever becomes "professional" then I'd quit

 

I don't think you'd ever quit drinking...

Yes, that is exactly what I thought. Like usual someone has to make a smartass remark, hence why I rarely come on these forums anymore. I appreciate all the hard work that is put into these applications but being a little more professional goes a long way. 

 

Gotta remember that we're volunteers not representatives of LimeTech and, consequently as we're doing this in our spare time we often joke with one another.

 

I'm like Squid, if I have to be professional whilst I help out here, I quit.

 

To be fair, the LimeTech staff are always professional, so don't judge them by the rest of us.

 

Laughing at Squid getting stranded in a far away land is a rare highlight in my otherwise rather serious life at work when I do put my professional hat very firmly on.

 

  • Author
6 hours ago, CHBMB said:

Laughing at Squid getting stranded in a far away land is a rare highlight in my otherwise rather serious life at work when I do put my professional hat very firmly on.

 

It wasn't quite in the middle of nowhere.  I mean, there was a bar that was a 20 minute walk away.  Of course it closed at 8:30pm, but there was another bar 20 minutes further up the road that stayed open late.  The hotel didn't have any restaurant of any sort, but they did have a bubble-gum machine, so at least I didn't starve :)

30 minutes ago, Squid said:

they did have a bubble-gum machine, so at least I didn't starve :)

So you're one of those kids who swallows their gum.?

On 6/4/2018 at 4:25 PM, Squid said:

You've got to remember though is that most of the long time members or posters do joke around with each other, and occasionally sometimes come across too terse.

But, if this forum, and especially this thread ever becomes "professional" then I'd quit

I understand where you and the other longtime members are coming from but It just seems like every time I ask a question on any forum lately nothing is taken seriously. I agree that this should be a friendly place where anyone can come and "joke around" but at the same time, it is a paid service. Anyway, I'm glad everything is up and running. Now I just need to figure out this stupid warning that I had fixed prior to my last update.

On 6/5/2018 at 8:25 AM, CHBMB said:

Gotta remember that we're volunteers not representatives of LimeTech and, consequently as we're doing this in our spare time we often joke with one another.

 

I'm like Squid, if I have to be professional whilst I help out here, I quit.

 

To be fair, the LimeTech staff are always professional, so don't judge them by the rest of us.

 

Laughing at Squid getting stranded in a far away land is a rare highlight in my otherwise rather serious life at work when I do put my professional hat very firmly on.

 

I had no Idea that you guys were volunteers, I thought you were employees of Limetech. My apologies I honestly thought this was the support forum for the company. 

6 minutes ago, ucliker said:

I had no Idea that you guys were volunteers, I thought you were employees of Limetech. My apologies I honestly thought this was the support forum for the company. 

 

It is the company support forum, but most of us are just Unraid users who try and help other users.  @limetech @jonp and @eschultz are the only LimeTech staff members.

 

Unraid has a very enthusiastic user base, and a flourishing community dev scene, most of the mods are here for the love of it too.

 

And just to be clear, your purchase the software, not the support, there are paid support services, but the forum should be considered user to user support generally, although the LimeTech chaps will jump on things that are important.

 

No way would they employee people like Squid and Me, ain't nobody that desperate for staff.....

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.