[Support] Linuxserver.io - Plex Media Server

5 hours ago, icedragonslair said:

Is it normal that once installed this, not only takes forever to load a large library, but this also seems to really not like any really large files. To explain, I have part of my library which is average sized (6-10gb) x264 mkv's and it likes those just fine. On the other hand i have a growing number remuxed x264's (25-40gb) and x265 HEVC's (25-50gb 7.1 dolby atmos) and it hartes those.when the library is loading in it freezes sold, and won't get past it. On the other hand I can just go to my htpc and run anything I want from kodi (just none of the features that a media server like plex gives me).

I have messed around with plex and emby since way back and like them both, but plex so far is not liking my collection which is growing towards 46TB at this time. 

I just did a complete metadata rewrite for my files with metabrowser (manually - ouch), and upgraded to 6.5.0 unraid. The install is the most recent docker plex by you, installed though the gui. Should i just keep pluging away at it, or am I missing something? 

I just need some pointers I guess.

Thanks for all,

Ice

I have a large library, but not as large as yours. I also have large files. I never really experienced sluggish behavior from either plex or emby. 

Is your plex consider data on a cache drive? Preferably ssd? 

Edited by aptalca
4 hours ago, aptalca said:

Plex is crashing for you. Could be corrupt database. Check the plex media server logs in your config folder. That should tell you the reason for the crash

Thanks for the tip, it does appear to be corrupt :(

Any ideas on how to repair a corrupt Plex DB?

May 04, 2018 06:08:45.823 [0x150267066700] INFO - Plex Media Server v1.12.3.4973-215c28d86 - ubuntu docker x86_64 - build: linux-ubuntu-x86_64 ubuntu - GMT 10:00
May 04, 2018 06:08:45.823 [0x150267066700] INFO - Linux version: 4.14.16-unRAID (#1 SMP PREEMPT Wed Jan 31 08:51:39 PST 2018), language: en-US
May 04, 2018 06:08:45.824 [0x150267066700] INFO - Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz
May 04, 2018 06:08:45.824 [0x150267066700] INFO - /usr/lib/plexmediaserver/Plex Media Server
May 04, 2018 06:08:45.822 [0x150272a8b800] DEBUG - BPQ: [Idle] -> [Starting]
May 04, 2018 06:08:45.824 [0x150272a8b800] DEBUG - Opening 20 database sessions to library (com.plexapp.plugins.library), SQLite 3.13.0, threadsafe=1
May 04, 2018 06:08:45.824 [0x150272a8b800] ERROR - SQLITE3:0x10, 26, file is encrypted or is not a database
May 04, 2018 06:08:45.825 [0x150272a8b800] ERROR - Database corruption: sqlite3_statement_backend::prepare: file is encrypted or is not a database for SQL: PRAGMA cache_size=2000

I followed the steps on the plex site to repair a database and had no luck. The integrity check said it wasn't a database! I did a .dbinfo on it and it said it had zero tables...

Anyhow I rolled back to a backup db from 2 days ago and everything is up and running again! Thanks very much for your help :)

Hi my server is notifying me there is an update and i have downloaded update but says need to be installed manually.....how do i do that ???? any help, it says in my docker container its up to date if i hit force update i still get alarm within plex there is an update, any help would be appreciated 

6 minutes ago, coblck said:

Hi my server is notifying me there is an update and i have downloaded update but says need to be installed manually.....how do i do that ???? any help, it says in my docker container its up to date if i hit force update i still get alarm within plex there is an update, any help would be appreciated 

AFAIK, with this docker all you have to do is restart the docker and it will pull whatever version of Plex you have configured in the docker settings (usually “latest”).

6 minutes ago, coblck said:

You posted this exact same thing in the limetech repository thread. So which plex are you actually using, limetech, linuxserver, some other?

Post your docker run command as seen in this link from the Docker FAQ:

https://lime-technology.com/forums/topic/57181-real-docker-faq/#comment-564345

10 minutes ago, coblck said:

Thanks for your reply i was told that was the wrong thread i posted the original thread so sorry for repeating the question, im using the limetech version. 

Then this is the wrong thread. Go back to the other thread and read the reply again. He just meant he was on the wrong thread since he supports the version in this thread.

You are now on the wrong thread, and the (edited) reply given to you in that other thread is the correct reply for that thread.

I have a apple tv 4k and installed plex on unraid. setup rclone and can see all my movies on infuse. but i cannot play them. if i erase my server and install a simple ubuntu 16.04 with plex then everything works fine.

Can any1 point me to what is wrong. I really would like to use unraid onward. But if i don't find a solution. Then i'm going back to ubuntu again :(

59 minutes ago, bubbadk said:

I have a apple tv 4k and installed plex on unraid. setup rclone and can see all my movies on infuse. but i cannot play them. if i erase my server and install a simple ubuntu 16.04 with plex then everything works fine.

Can any1 point me to what is wrong. I really would like to use unraid onward. But if i don't find a solution. Then i'm going back to ubuntu again :(

Hard to say what is wrong with that info. Post your docker run command. 

Plex is working fine on unraid, so there is an issue with your setup. 

What is infuse? 

Hi there, just found out about the sub-zero plugin. It does not work, when i check the logs for it i get this:

2018-05-12 20:28:46,899 (1500d91db700) :  DEBUG (menu:396) - Setting log-level to WARNING
2018-05-12 20:28:46,899 (1500d91db700) :  DEBUG (logger:7) - Registering LoggerHandler for dependency: subliminal
2018-05-12 20:28:46,900 (1500d91db700) :  DEBUG (logger:7) - Registering LoggerHandler for dependency: subliminal_patch
2018-05-12 20:28:46,900 (1500d91db700) :  DEBUG (logger:7) - Registering LoggerHandler for dependency: enzyme
2018-05-12 20:28:46,901 (1500d91db700) :  DEBUG (logger:7) - Registering LoggerHandler for dependency: guessit
2018-05-12 20:28:46,901 (1500d91db700) :  DEBUG (logger:7) - Registering LoggerHandler for dependency: subzero
2018-05-12 20:28:46,902 (1500d91db700) :  ERROR (__init__:71) - Insufficient permissions on library folders:
2018-05-12 20:28:46,902 (1500d91db700) :  ERROR (__init__:73) - Insufficient permissions on library Filmer, folder: /mnt/movies
2018-05-12 20:28:46,903 (1500d91db700) :  ERROR (__init__:73) - Insufficient permissions on library TV-Serier, folder: /mnt/tvshows

the entire plex appdata folder belongs to nobody:users. 

These are set im the docker config.

PUID 99

GUID 100

Just can't figure out what other permissions it needs.

2 hours ago, grasfer said:

Hi there, just found out about the sub-zero plugin. It does not work, when i check the logs for it i get this:

the entire plex appdata folder belongs to nobody:users. 

These are set im the docker config.

PUID 99

GUID 100

Just can't figure out what other permissions it needs.

Problem is not the config folder permissions, it's the media folder permissions

Hi,

I'm having an issue with my Plex app on the phone where it crashes when I access a folder.

So for my library, I have it as "Anime" as the parent. Then I have sub folders for certain categories (movies, ongoing etc)that I watch.

In one of those sub folders I have have more sub folders for each series and in those are the .mkv files.

My first attempt to diagnose the issue was to remove all the series folders from that category folder and leave it empty. 

I accessed it fine on the app and it didn't have any issues.

Next I put each series folder back 1 by 1 testing each time and I narrowed it down to 2 series. 

I then re-downloaded all the movie files and it worked fine again, but now another series folder is having the same issue when it previously did not.

What am I doing wrong?

Greeting everyone!

I'm currently having a very odd behaviour on my Plex on the Unraid server and I can't see anything that would be faulty so hopefully any of you professionals could shed some light on this...

The issue I'm having is that multiple times a week my Plex will just stop working. The docker is running and appears to be active but whenever you open the Plex Media app you have no connection to the plex server anymore. I have multiple users and all are experiencing the same.

I have tried with the 2 most popular Plex dockers and both have the same behaviour.

The only way to solve the issue is by a simple docker restart and it will be as normal again for a day or two then do the same thing again. 

I have attatched my log files. I've gone through the myself but can't find anything wrong.

Appreciate any help!

tower-diagnostics-20180521-1717.zip

2 hours ago, trurl said:

What other dockers do you run? Why do you have 40GB for docker.img? That is twice as large as typically needed unless you have something misconfigured.

I run the following

DarkStat

Letsencrypt

NZBGet

Ombi

PlexMediaServer

Radarr

Sonarr

Tautulli

How can I find which image is taking so much space? And could that be a cause for my mysterious problem you think?

See the "Docker Image Filling Up" section in the Docker FAQ linked in my sig.

In order to see the useful information many of us have in our signatures you will have to go to the upper right of any forum page and click on the dropdown next to your name then go into Account Settings. Unfortunately viewing signatures is disabled by default in our new forum software.

3 hours ago, trurl said:

See the "Docker Image Filling Up" section in the Docker FAQ linked in my sig.

In order to see the useful information many of us have in our signatures you will have to go to the upper right of any forum page and click on the dropdown next to your name then go into Account Settings. Unfortunately viewing signatures is disabled by default in our new forum software.

Alright I've cleared my NZBGet, there was some old files there that shouldn't be there still. Is there anything else that you can spot which is faulty?

7 hours ago, ohdear94 said:

Alright I've cleared my NZBGet, there was some old files there that shouldn't be there still. Is there anything else that you can spot which is faulty?

The diagnostics don't really tell us anything about your docker setup. You need to go through each application and make sure that it is configured to only write to mapped storage. Pay close attention to absolute/relative paths, upper/lower case. If anything is writing somewhere that isn't mapped it is going to be written inside the docker image.