[Support] Linuxserver.io - Plex Media Server

8 minutes ago, aptalca said:

You need to create that folder if it doesn't exist, and drop your custom user profiles in there:

https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/73702/writing-profiles-for-dlna-devices

Ahhhh. I see my error. I didn't realize we already HAD access to the Application Support folder. Perfect! I added a Profiles folder in appdata/Plex Media Server/Application Support/Plex Media Server/ and can put different profiles in there! Thanks for the quick turnaround

Hi All,

Been having an issue plaguing me for a few weeks now that I can't seem to solve, hoping someone on here can share some guidance, I have attached PMS logs for viewing

Lately media playback has been stopping at random times during a movie, and not a particular one at that, the playback will just stop, this happens on cabled NUC devices running KODI +Plex Addon, Cabled android TV devices Running Plex App and Wireless Android Tablets running Plex App.

I'm not sure if its my Docker setup as I'm not advanced in setting them up but it seems to be up and running, just getting stuck at this one issue.

I don't believe there is any transcoding going on, the devices are capable of directly playing the files

Running on unraid version 6.5.2

Thanks for any assistance

Regards,

Logs.zip

5 hours ago, trurl said:

Let's start there since that is really the purpose of this thread. Actual plex issues are probably better addressed to the plex forums.

Post your docker run command as seen here:

https://lime-technology.com/forums/topic/57181-real-docker-faq/#comment-564345

I'm not the one who originally asked but I've been having this problem for months. Here is what my run looks like:

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='plex' --net='host' -e TZ="America/New_York" -e HOST_OS="unRAID" -e 'PUID'='99' -e 'PGID'='100' -e 'VERSION'='latest' -v '/mnt/cache/transplex':'/transcode':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/Media':'/media':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/plex':'/config':'rw' 'linuxserver/plex'

is there a way to rebuild your library without losing watched status?

I have started getting media that does not properly get the metadata and crashes when selected (I have removed, scanned, emptied trash, cleaned bundles, then copied files back all with the same results).
I have a feeling a library rebuild (fresh media scan and fresh metadata) will fix it, but I do not want to lose the watched history for all my families profiles.
Is tract.tv the only option if db repair does not work?I am on the fence about tract.tv due to their privacy policies...

Thanks for any help.

2 minutes ago, brbones said:

is there a way to rebuild your library without losing watched status?

I have started getting media that does not properly get the metadata and crashes when selected (I have removed, scanned, emptied trash, cleaned bundles, then copied files back all with the same results).
I have a feeling a library rebuild (fresh media scan and fresh metadata) will fix it, but I do not want to lose the watched history for all my families profiles.
Is tract.tv the only option if db repair does not work?I am on the fence about tract.tv due to their privacy policies...

Thanks for any help.

AFAIK trakt is your only option.

4 hours ago, pinion said:

I'm not the one who originally asked but I've been having this problem for months. Here is what my run looks like:

I would start with changing the path for the config mount to /mnt/cache/ or /mnt/diskX (if you don't have a cache disk. Plex doesn't like going through fuse. 

12 hours ago, trurl said:

Let's start there since that is really the purpose of this thread. Actual plex issues are probably better addressed to the plex forums.

Post your docker run command as seen here:

https://lime-technology.com/forums/topic/57181-real-docker-faq/#comment-564345

Sure, here we go

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='plex' --net='host' --privileged=true -e TZ="Australia/Sydney" -e HOST_OS="unRAID" -e 'PUID'='99' -e 'PGID'='100' -e 'VERSION'='latest' -v '/mnt/user/TV/':'/tv':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/Movies/':'/movies':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/plex':'/config':'rw' 'linuxserver/plex'

c125f163e7e6acdd337ec7faec5632fd391236d37946a8f3acd9ac9aa1d6d6d4

The command finished successfully!

49 minutes ago, Cexitime said:

Sure, here we go

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='plex' --net='host' --privileged=true -e TZ="Australia/Sydney" -e HOST_OS="unRAID" -e 'PUID'='99' -e 'PGID'='100' -e 'VERSION'='latest' -v '/mnt/user/TV/':'/tv':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/Movies/':'/movies':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/plex':'/config':'rw' 'linuxserver/plex'

c125f163e7e6acdd337ec7faec5632fd391236d37946a8f3acd9ac9aa1d6d6d4

As Saarg said for me try setting the /config dir to cache if you can. I'm trying to figure it out now but I'm not sure how to setup a folder as cache only when it was already on a drive.

34 minutes ago, pinion said:

As Saarg said for me try setting the /config dir to cache if you can. I'm trying to figure it out now but I'm not sure how to setup a folder as cache only when it was already on a drive.

would this now be correct?

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='plex' --net='host' --privileged=true -e TZ="Australia/Sydney" -e HOST_OS="unRAID" -e 'PUID'='99' -e 'PGID'='100' -e 'VERSION'='latest' -v '/mnt/user/TV/':'/tv':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/Movies/':'/movies':'rw' -v '/mnt/cache/appdata/plex/':'/config':'rw' 'linuxserver/plex'

43417fdca655f58dd62c261e8951e43bbe70c4a23f8dbb80f47372658c9834a2

ok changing it to that just results in PMS crashing

Edited by Cexitime
Outcome
5 hours ago, pinion said:

Just use /mnt/diskXX if it's already on a drive. 

I'm not sure if there is a way to move it back to the cache disk with the mover as I guess you have other appdata in the share?

5 hours ago, Cexitime said:

would this now be correct?

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='plex' --net='host' --privileged=true -e TZ="Australia/Sydney" -e HOST_OS="unRAID" -e 'PUID'='99' -e 'PGID'='100' -e 'VERSION'='latest' -v '/mnt/user/TV/':'/tv':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/Movies/':'/movies':'rw' -v '/mnt/cache/appdata/plex/':'/config':'rw' 'linuxserver/plex'

43417fdca655f58dd62c261e8951e43bbe70c4a23f8dbb80f47372658c9834a2

ok changing it to that just results in PMS crashing

It should not crash pms just by changing it to /mnt/cache. You do have the plex config on the cache drive? 

What do you mean by pms crashing? Container not starting? Logs are always nice to have. 

4 minutes ago, saarg said:

It should not crash pms just by changing it to /mnt/cache. You do have the plex config on the cache drive? 

What do you mean by pms crashing? Container not starting? Logs are always nice to have. 

Apologies, Still learning as I go

I have attached a picture of the "appdata" share config.

When changing from "mnt/user/appdata/plex" to "mnt/cache/appdata/plex," it causes plex to crash, I have uploaded the logs from that also

Image 106.png

PMS Docker Log.txt

4 hours ago, Cexitime said:

When changing from "mnt/user/appdata/plex" to "mnt/cache/appdata/plex," it causes plex to crash

Is all of appdata actually on cache, or only some of it? Since the appdata share is "prefer" it might be in some in between state and so plex sees just enough of its appdata to think it doesn't need to recreate it, but not enough to actually run.

Go the the unRAID webUI Shares page, click Compute on the appdata share and post a screenshot of the result.

Quick question,

I have been seeing these messages in the PMS docker log:

-------------------------------------
_ ()
| | ___ _ __
| | / __| | | / \
| | \__ \ | | | () |
|_| |___/ |_| \__/

Brought to you by linuxserver.io
We gratefully accept donations at:
https://www.linuxserver.io/donations/
GID/UID

User uid: 99
User gid: 100

[cont-init.d] 10-adduser: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 30-dbus: executing...
[cont-init.d] 30-dbus: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 40-chown-files: executing...
[cont-init.d] 40-chown-files: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 50-plex-update: executing...
No update required
[cont-init.d] 50-plex-update: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] done.
[services.d] starting services
Starting Plex Media Server.
Starting dbus-daemon
[services.d] done.
dbus[274]: [system] org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.AccessDenied: Failed to set fd limit to 65536: Operation not permitted

Starting Avahi daemon
Found user 'avahi' (UID 106) and group 'avahi' (GID 107).
Successfully dropped root privileges.
avahi-daemon 0.6.32-rc starting up.
No service file found in /etc/avahi/services.
*** WARNING: Detected another IPv4 mDNS stack running on this host. This makes mDNS unreliable and is thus not recommended. ***

*** WARNING: Detected another IPv6 mDNS stack running on this host. This makes mDNS unreliable and is thus not recommended. ***

is this normal or is this something that should be resolved?

Thanks for any assistance!

2 minutes ago, brbones said:

Quick question,

I have been seeing these messages in the PMS docker log:

_ ()
| | ___ _ __
| | / __| | | / \
| | \__ \ | | | () |
|_| |___/ |_| \__/

Brought to you by linuxserver.io
We gratefully accept donations at:
https://www.linuxserver.io/donations/
GID/UID

User uid: 99
User gid: 100

[cont-init.d] 10-adduser: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 30-dbus: executing...
[cont-init.d] 30-dbus: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 40-chown-files: executing...
[cont-init.d] 40-chown-files: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 50-plex-update: executing...
No update required
[cont-init.d] 50-plex-update: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] done.
[services.d] starting services
Starting Plex Media Server.
Starting dbus-daemon
[services.d] done.
dbus[274]: [system] org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.AccessDenied: Failed to set fd limit to 65536: Operation not permitted

Starting Avahi daemon
Found user 'avahi' (UID 106) and group 'avahi' (GID 107).
Successfully dropped root privileges.
avahi-daemon 0.6.32-rc starting up.
No service file found in /etc/avahi/services.
*** WARNING: Detected another IPv4 mDNS stack running on this host. This makes mDNS unreliable and is thus not recommended. ***

*** WARNING: Detected another IPv6 mDNS stack running on this host. This makes mDNS unreliable and is thus not recommended. ***

Thanks for any assistance!

I occasionally see them too. They don't seem to cause any issues

44 minutes ago, brbones said:

You can disable the avahi service on unRAID. See the file share.cfg in the /config folder on your flash device. Set the below and stop/start the array:

shareAvahiEnabled="no"

If you are running a mainly Windows environment then avahi is not really needed.

12 hours ago, trurl said:

Is all of appdata actually on cache, or only some of it? Since the appdata share is "prefer" it might be in some in between state and so plex sees just enough of its appdata to think it doesn't need to recreate it, but not enough to actually run.

Go the the unRAID webUI Shares page, click Compute on the appdata share and post a screenshot of the result. 

Is this what you were after?

image.thumb.png.0ee4abb22c93a0bd35dfedd92a37924a.png

1 hour ago, trurl said:

Yes, that confirms all of your appdata share is on cache.

Maybe you have some larger issue with the cache drive or something. Post your diagnostics.

I'm assuming by diagnostics you wanted a smart test? I have ran the extended test and uploaded the log

Just found a diagnostics button. uploaded the zip it gives me

WDC_WDS120G2G0A-00JH30_174523802834-20180607-1153.txt

nas-diagnostics-20180607-1253.zip

Edited by Cexitime
Obtained diagnostics zip

I've installed the Plex docker a few months ago and everything is working very well. Big thanks!

So far, I have only used it to play direct, but never used the transcoding function. I now tried it, but - much top my surprise - it is not working.

I am getting the following error message on IOS and TVOS Plex apps: "Playback was terminated by the server. Conversino failed. The transcoder exited due to an error".

Container and host paths are both set to "/transcode", which I believe how it was by default. Could this be the issue? I am sure I am missing something very obvious here...

Let me know if any debug log is helpful and happy to provide. Thanks in advance for your help!