[Plugin] unbalanced

Wow I don't know how I missed what you just replied with. I just did the New Permissions script, but still locks up when I use the Dry Run option. Did fix the permissions error thou.

Thanks for the Reply on my question even thou if I had of looked up a bit more I would of caught it, but didn't for some odd reason. Lol

Hi jbrodriguez

Could you get unBalance to work with Unassigned Devices?

And i also remember someone talked about "a copy only" function? Are you working on that?

I would love to have unBalance to copy my backup folder from my main server to my backup server.

Today i use rsync from a terminal together with a remote SMB share in UD.

Anyway thanks for a great plugin.

Ok if this has been answered somewhere I apologize. However I'm feeling rather dumb right now.

There are some permission issues with the folders/files you want to move

51 file(s)/folder(s) with an owner other than 'nobody'

0 file(s)/folder(s) with a group other than 'users'

0 folder(s) with a permission other than 'drwxrwxrwx'

0 files(s) with a permission other than '-rw-rw-rw-' or '-r--r--r--'

You can find more details about which files have issues in the log file (/boot/logs/unbalance.log)

At this point, you can move the folders/files if you want, but be advised that it can cause errors in the operation

You are STRONGLY suggested to install the Fix Common Problems plugin, then run the Docker Safe New Permissions command

I do have the Fix Common Problems plugin installed as well. What exactly am I trying to do here. Lol

I'm trying to move a <Movie> Share

I did figure out I have some files that are [nobody] and some are [cj]

cj is my machine that I normally upload files to the server from.

********Edit************

Went in and simply chown -R nobody * and it removed the errors, but when I run a dry run it seems to keep getting stuck on the same folder. Not sure why as of yet,but I have progress. ;)

Folder name has a & I wonder if that's what freezing up the simulated move. I'll give it an edit and see if that fixes it.

Nope. Still wont pass this particular folder. I'll keep doing some testing and possibly just remove the folder all together and keep tinkering.

It's strange for the dry-run to get stuck, since it's not physically touching the files.

I'm afraid I don't have many ideas about what could be the issue, do let me know if you find out more about it.

Hi perhansen,

Could you get unBalance to work with Unassigned Devices?

I took a look at Unassigned Devices for ControlR. It wasn't as straightforward as I thought.

But I'll have some free time soon, so I'll revisit this.

And i also remember someone talked about "a copy only" function? Are you working on that?

To be honest this is quite easy to implement, since current logic is copy (via rsync), then delete.

Not really sure about use cases though, because it will essentially create duplicate folders that will be hidden by the user share logic.

Anyway thanks for a great plugin.

Thanks for your comments!

It's strange for the dry-run to get stuck, since it's not physically touching the files.

I'm afraid I don't have many ideas about what could be the issue, do let me know if you find out more about it.

kizer, actually, I just had a thought ... can you check the unBALANCE log on the server after a dry-run to see if it did complete ?

kizer, actually, I just had a thought ... can you check the unBALANCE log on the server after a dry-run to see if it did complete ?

Honestly I ended up just using unBALANCE to tell me what is the best drive to dump my files to and then I proceeded to use MC to move the files. Wasn't a big problem I was just trying to play around with script and be a bit lazy with my efforts. All worked out in the end thou. 

If it does happen again I'll give that log a looksee thou.

I've looked through this thread a little bit (admittedly, I didn't go all the way to the beginning), but I cannot find sufficient information on the Docker New Safe Permissions Command.

How do I run it? Where do I run it from?

Thanks guys! Great plugin, I'm just a little lost.

Im using version 2.1.0 and I just lost a directory of a show:

MOVE: rsync -avPRX "TVShows/Cosmos A SPACETIME ODYSSEY" "/mnt/disk1/"

Ended up with a single file called "Cosmos A SPACETIME ODYSSEY" sitting on disk1 instead of the directory of the show.

It seems strange that rsync would do something like that.

In the log, the calculation phase will have listed all the files in the "Cosmos ..." folder.

Can you check it or send it over to check ?

Great plugin! Until I found it had to monitor a Windows PC which moved folders from one unRAID disk to another.

Is there a reason that the selected folders are not deleted? Their content is moved and deleted,

but empty folders (the selected top level) are left in the source disk.

• Like 1

Great plugin! Until I found it had to monitor a Windows PC which moved folders from one unRAID disk to another.

Is there a reason that the selected folders are not deleted? Their content is moved and deleted,

but empty folders (the selected top level) are left in the source disk.

Hi Gico, thanks for the comments !

To be honest, you're right.

The selected top level folder isn't deleted.

I'm not sure what the general case should be here.

Maybe delete it if it's empty, but what if it's actually a user share folder ?

For now, better err on the side of caution :)

Any thoughts, anyone ?

Ended up with a single file called "Cosmos A SPACETIME ODYSSEY" sitting on disk1 instead of the directory of the show.

In the log, the calculation phase will have listed all the files in the "Cosmos ..." folder.

This is everything in the log with "Cosmos" in the name.

I: 2017/02/15 18:33:41 core.go:679: perms:File perms != rw-rw-rw- or r--r--r--: [rwxrwxrwx]: /mnt/disk3/TVShows/./Cosmos A SPACETIME ODYSSEY

I: 2017/02/15 18:33:42 core.go:401: _calc:toBeMoved:Path(TVShows/Cosmos A SPACETIME ODYSSEY); Size(2.7G)

I: 2017/02/15 18:33:42 core.go:479: _calc:willBeMoved(TVShows/Cosmos A SPACETIME ODYSSEY)

I: 2017/02/15 18:33:42 bin.go:23: [2.7G] /mnt/disk3/TVShows/./Cosmos A SPACETIME ODYSSEY

I: 2017/02/15 18:49:58 core.go:632: perms:Scanning disk(/mnt/disk3):folder(TVShows/Cosmos A SPACETIME ODYSSEY)

I: 2017/02/15 18:49:58 core.go:642: perms:Executing find "/mnt/disk3/TVShows/Cosmos A SPACETIME ODYSSEY/." -exec stat --format "%A|%U:%G|%F|%n" {} \;

W: 2017/02/15 18:49:58 shell.go:101: perms:find/stat:: waitError: exit status 1

I: 2017/02/15 18:49:58 core.go:568: getFolders:Scanning source-disk(/mnt/disk3):folder(TVShows/Cosmos A SPACETIME ODYSSEY)

I: 2017/02/15 18:49:58 core.go:578: getFolder-found(/mnt/disk3/TVShows/Cosmos A SPACETIME ODYSSEY)-size(2873561088)

This is everything in the log with "Cosmos" in the name.

I: 2017/02/15 18:33:41 core.go:679: perms:File perms != rw-rw-rw- or r--r--r--: [rwxrwxrwx]: /mnt/disk3/TVShows/./Cosmos A SPACETIME ODYSSEY

I: 2017/02/15 18:33:42 core.go:401: _calc:toBeMoved:Path(TVShows/Cosmos A SPACETIME ODYSSEY); Size(2.7G)

I: 2017/02/15 18:33:42 core.go:479: _calc:willBeMoved(TVShows/Cosmos A SPACETIME ODYSSEY)

I: 2017/02/15 18:33:42 bin.go:23: [2.7G] /mnt/disk3/TVShows/./Cosmos A SPACETIME ODYSSEY

I: 2017/02/15 18:49:58 core.go:632: perms:Scanning disk(/mnt/disk3):folder(TVShows/Cosmos A SPACETIME ODYSSEY)

I: 2017/02/15 18:49:58 core.go:642: perms:Executing find "/mnt/disk3/TVShows/Cosmos A SPACETIME ODYSSEY/." -exec stat --format "%A|%U:%G|%F|%n" {} \;

W: 2017/02/15 18:49:58 shell.go:101: perms:find/stat:: waitError: exit status 1

I: 2017/02/15 18:49:58 core.go:568: getFolders:Scanning source-disk(/mnt/disk3):folder(TVShows/Cosmos A SPACETIME ODYSSEY)

I: 2017/02/15 18:49:58 core.go:578: getFolder-found(/mnt/disk3/TVShows/Cosmos A SPACETIME ODYSSEY)-size(2873561088)

Thank you Ryland !

For some reason, the app failed while looking at the perms on your files, but still moved forward.

I'll upgrade that check and inform the user that something went wrong, before moving forward.

Even that being the case, it's strange that rsync set an empty folder instead of your full 2.7G folder., which is mostly not due to the rsync command.

Let's discuss further on PM or email if you please.

Ryland, I checked the log data again and I found out what happened.

"Cosmos A SPACETIME ODYSSEY" was listed as a file on the source disk. This line:

means that the linux find command told the plugin it was a file.

If you check the log, you will see other lines that begin with perms:Folder, which is the case when find detects a folder (for other content).

I have installed this plug in but can not seem to get it to display the GUI. running 6.3.2

My log file is such :

I: 2017/02/21 14:08:09 unbalance.go:29: unBALANCE v2.1.0-714.67a61b3 starting up ...
I: 2017/02/21 14:08:09 unbalance.go:39: No config file exists yet. Using app defaults ...
I: 2017/02/21 14:08:09 server.go:50: Starting service Server ...
I: 2017/02/21 14:08:09 server.go:67: Serving files from /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/unbalance
I: 2017/02/21 14:08:09 server.go:97: Server started listening on :6237
I: 2017/02/21 14:08:09 core.go:114: starting service Core ...
I: 2017/02/21 14:08:09 unbalance.go:49: Press Ctrl+C to stop ...
W: 2017/02/21 14:10:26 server.go:246: closing socket (&{id: ws:0xc4201ae090 onMessage:0x472f20 onClose:0x472f70}): EOF
W: 2017/02/21 14:15:40 server.go:246: closing socket (&{id: ws:0xc4201ae1b0 onMessage:0x472f20 onClose:0x472f70}): EOF
W: 2017/02/21 14:34:06 server.go:246: closing socket (&{id: ws:0xc420136120 onMessage:0x472f20 onClose:0x472f70}): EOF
I: 2017/02/21 14:34:42 unbalance.go:53: Received signal: (terminated) ... shutting down the app now ...
I: 2017/02/21 14:34:42 core.go:141: stopped service Core ...
I: 2017/02/21 14:34:42 server.go:102: stopped service Server ...

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks

Hi, I have installed the unBalance plugin so I can clear the data from a temporary drive I added to my array.  However I'm getting some errors which is stopping me from using it.

Firstly I get an error when I open the home screen url (Home screen error.png)

Trying to calculate I get this error (Calculate error.png)

Trying to edit the settings I get this error (Settings page error.png)

I'd appreciate any help getting this to work!

Thanks, Mike

Home screen error.png

Calculate error.png

Settings page error.png

11 hours ago, mikey1armstrong said:

Hi, I have installed the unBalance plugin so I can clear the data from a temporary drive I added to my array.  However I'm getting some errors which is stopping me from using it.

@mikey1armstrong Yes, there's something really strange about your setup because although it reports version 2.1.0, your screenshots show pre-2.0 functionality (folders being selected in the settings page).

I suggest you remove the plugin completely. After you removed it, make sure that

/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/unbalance

doesn't exist or is empty.

Then re-install.

Let me know how it goes.

Thanks for the response, I've just tried again following your steps first but exactly the same happens....

Anything else I can try?

This is the log from the install:

Feb 22 12:12:43 Tower in.telnetd[5604]: connect from 192.168.1.1 (192.168.1.1)
Feb 22 12:12:50 Tower login[5605]: ROOT LOGIN  on '/dev/pts/0' from 'Mike-PC.home'
Feb 22 12:18:08 Tower emhttp: cmd: /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.plugin.manager/scripts/plugin install https://raw.githubusercontent.com/jbrodriguez/unraid/master/plugins/unbalance.plg
Feb 22 12:18:09 Tower root: plugin: creating: /boot/config/plugins/unbalance/unbalance-2.1.0.tgz - downloading from URL https://github.com/jbrodriguez/unbalance/releases/download/2.1.0/unbalance-2.1.0.tgz
Feb 22 12:18:11 Tower root: plugin: checking: /boot/config/plugins/unbalance/unbalance-2.1.0.tgz - MD5
Feb 22 12:18:11 Tower root: plugin: creating: /boot/config/plugins/unbalance/unbalance.cfg - from INLINE content
Feb 22 12:18:11 Tower root: plugin: running: anonymous
Feb 22 12:18:11 Tower root: plugin: creating: /tmp/unbalance-chkconf - from INLINE content
Feb 22 12:18:11 Tower root: plugin: running: /tmp/unbalance-chkconf
Feb 22 12:18:42 Tower php: /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/unbalance/scripts/start
Feb 22 12:18:42 Tower sudo:     root : TTY=unknown ; PWD=/usr/local/emhttp ; USER=nobody ; COMMAND=/bin/bash -c /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/unbalance/unbalance -port 6237

thanks, Mike

6 minutes ago, mikey1armstrong said:

Thanks for the response, I've just tried again following your steps first but exactly the same happens....

Anything else I can try?

This is the log from the install:

Feb 22 12:12:43 Tower in.telnetd[5604]: connect from 192.168.1.1 (192.168.1.1)
Feb 22 12:12:50 Tower login[5605]: ROOT LOGIN  on '/dev/pts/0' from 'Mike-PC.home'
Feb 22 12:18:08 Tower emhttp: cmd: /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.plugin.manager/scripts/plugin install https://raw.githubusercontent.com/jbrodriguez/unraid/master/plugins/unbalance.plg
Feb 22 12:18:09 Tower root: plugin: creating: /boot/config/plugins/unbalance/unbalance-2.1.0.tgz - downloading from URL https://github.com/jbrodriguez/unbalance/releases/download/2.1.0/unbalance-2.1.0.tgz
Feb 22 12:18:11 Tower root: plugin: checking: /boot/config/plugins/unbalance/unbalance-2.1.0.tgz - MD5
Feb 22 12:18:11 Tower root: plugin: creating: /boot/config/plugins/unbalance/unbalance.cfg - from INLINE content
Feb 22 12:18:11 Tower root: plugin: running: anonymous
Feb 22 12:18:11 Tower root: plugin: creating: /tmp/unbalance-chkconf - from INLINE content
Feb 22 12:18:11 Tower root: plugin: running: /tmp/unbalance-chkconf
Feb 22 12:18:42 Tower php: /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/unbalance/scripts/start
Feb 22 12:18:42 Tower sudo:     root : TTY=unknown ; PWD=/usr/local/emhttp ; USER=nobody ; COMMAND=/bin/bash -c /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/unbalance/unbalance -port 6237

thanks, Mike

@mikey1armstrong, can you try another browser ? Or reset the cache in your current browser ? It can be a stale resources issue.

• jbrodriguez changed the title to [Plugin] unbalanced