[Support] binhex - DelugeVPN

After you have had a chance to digest and act on my previous post, you should go to Settings - Docker, stop the Docker Service, delete the docker image, and recreate it.

Then you can go to Apps - Previous Apps to add any or all of your dockers exactly as they were with their previous settings.

If you don't do this don't be surprised if you continue to have problems.

Also, since you didn't post your diagnostics I don't know the answer to some other questions I had, such as: Were you also filling up your docker image? and How large did you make your docker image?

Misconfigured dockers that fill up docker image are a common reason for the problems you have.

Alright so I've got everything up and running, I've only got one problem, I can't use the ports provided. I thought I might mess things up by changing them myself everywhere I can find them, so I want to confirm with someone who knows where the ports need to be reconfigured for it to work fine again.

All I can think of is to change the deluge-daemon and container ports accordingly to what ports I can utilize, is this correct or are there other configs to edit too that I just don't know about?

This docker image is very useful, thanks!

On 9/23/2018 at 5:50 PM, orlando500 said:

Thanks... last question. What port is then forwarded? the one set in deluge? or need i do something at PIA`?

if you have strict port forwarding set to yes and you are connecting to an endpoint that supports port forwarding then thats it, all port forwarding is done automatically for you.

39 minutes ago, usernameispain said:

I can't use the ports provided

if you are talking about an open incoming port (as in port forwarding) then this is done for you as long as you are using pia, have strict port forwarding set to yes and are connecting to a pia endpoint that supports port forwarding. do NOT setup port forwarding on your router, it will do nothing.

Just now, binhex said:

if you are talking about an open incoming port (as in port forwarding) then this is done for you as long as you are using pia, have strict port forwarding set to yes and are connecting to a pia endpoint that supports port forwarding. do NOT setup port forwarding on your router, it will do nothing.

I am not using PIA, I'm using another provider so my config is set to "custom". I only intend to open ports so that I'm connectable to private trackers, but the ports that are set by default in the container config/deluge-daemon can't be used by my provider so I need to change them to fit my providers restrictions.

I just need confirmation of what I need to edit locally, is it just the deluge config and container ports that need to be changed or are there other configs that require the same edits? And secondly, may I ask which ports are responsible for "connectability" exactly, it's only the "incoming" port (58496) of the Network category, right?

Many thanks for any answers, I really appreciate you taking the time to answer questions in these forums

1 minute ago, usernameispain said:

I just need confirmation of what I need to edit locally, is it just the deluge config and container ports that need to be changed or are there other configs that require the same edits?

you do not need to add the port for the container, remember the port forwarding is done over the tunnel, so you ONLY need to configure deluge incoming port to use the port as specified by your VPN provider.

4 minutes ago, usernameispain said:

And secondly, may I ask which ports are responsible for "connectability" exactly, it's only the "incoming" port (58496) of the Network category, right?

the only port you need to configure is the incoming port.

I seem to be having trouble getting binhex-delugevpn to work in UNRAID v6.6.0....  I have setup my vpn

account with PIA and know it to be working...  When I try to open the docker with the vpn option enabled,

it refuses to connect (unable to open the WebUI), however when I disable the vpn, it connects fine... I had

this all working in the previous release of UNRAID, but with this release candidate, I can't get the docker to

work when I try to enable the vpn connection.  I'm not sure how I can fix this, and would rather not revert

to the previous version of UNRAID, as I like this new version.

Image 1 shows the docker page.

Image 2 shows Deluge-vpn settings.

Image 3 shows the error when i try open the WebUI with the "VPN_ENABLED" set to yes.

Image 4 shows the WebUI when the "VPN_ENABLED" set to no.

Docker VPN 01.jpg

Docker VPN 02.jpg

Docker VPN 04.jpg

Docker VPN 05.jpg

rg-server-diagnostics-20180922-0641b.zip

14 hours ago, RGauld said:

I seem to be having trouble getting binhex-delugevpn to work in UNRAID v6.6.0....  I have setup my vpn

account with PIA and know it to be working...  When I try to open the docker with the vpn option enabled,

it refuses to connect (unable to open the WebUI), however when I disable the vpn, it connects fine... I had

this all working in the previous release of UNRAID, but with this release candidate, I can't get the docker to

work when I try to enable the vpn connection.  I'm not sure how I can fix this, and would rather not revert

to the previous version of UNRAID, as I like this new version.

Image 1 shows the docker page.

Image 2 shows Deluge-vpn settings.

Image 3 shows the error when i try open the WebUI with the "VPN_ENABLED" set to yes.

Image 4 shows the WebUI when the "VPN_ENABLED" set to no.

Docker VPN 01.jpg

Docker VPN 02.jpg

Docker VPN 04.jpg

Docker VPN 05.jpg

rg-server-diagnostics-20180922-0641b.zip

please follow the procedure in the link below:-

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/44108-support-binhex-general/?do=findComment&comment=435831

Started having some issues, and now the Docker won't start.

2018-09-26 20:55:32.985955 [warn] UMASK not defined (via -e UMASK), defaulting to '000'
2018-09-26 20:55:33.044151 [info] Permissions already set for volume mappings
2018-09-26 20:55:33.093698 [info] VPN_ENABLED defined as 'yes'
2018-09-26 20:55:33.154813 [info] OpenVPN config file (ovpn extension) is located at /config/openvpn/France.ovpn
dos2unix: converting file /config/openvpn/France.ovpn to Unix format...
sed: cannot rename /config/openvpn/sed02LbV7: No space left on device

Cache has room, Shares have room.  Deleted my docker image and let it recreate, same error.

On 9/25/2018 at 2:32 PM, binhex said:

you do not need to add the port for the container, remember the port forwarding is done over the tunnel, so you ONLY need to configure deluge incoming port to use the port as specified by your VPN provider.

the only port you need to configure is the incoming port.

I went ahead and ONLY changed Deluge's "Incoming Ports" to the desired port. I then opened the port on my router (TCP/UDP). I still see nothing, when I port-check the external VPN address by that port it tells me it's closed.

2 minutes ago, usernameispain said:

I went ahead and ONLY changed Deluge's "Incoming Ports" to the desired port. I then opened the port on my router (TCP/UDP). I still see nothing, when I port-check the external VPN address by that port it tells me it's closed.

You've got the wrong end of the stick. If you are connected through a VPN tunnel, nothing you change in your router will open an incoming port. That has to be done at the VPN endpoint, controlled by your VPN provider. Who is your VPN provider?

1 minute ago, jonathanm said:

You've got the wrong end of the stick. If you are connected through a VPN tunnel, nothing you change in your router will open an incoming port. That has to be done at the VPN endpoint, controlled by your VPN provider. Who is your VPN provider?

Oh that makes sense, my provider is OVPN. My config is set to "custom" since "OVPN" didn't seem to work. I've already opened the port in question at their end too.

9 hours ago, usernameispain said:

... my provider is OVPN.

I've just looked at the OVPN web site - looks like a good service.  If you are successful with getting the port forwarding set up and working, there could be several other people interested in switching to OVPN.  Please keep us all informed - more choice would be good.

5 hours ago, PeterB said:

I've just looked at the OVPN web site - looks like a good service.  If you are successful with getting the port forwarding set up and working, there could be several other people interested in switching to OVPN.  Please keep us all informed - more choice would be good.

The private trackers that I use seem to consider me "connectable", but any port-scanner tells me otherwise about the port I've set at the OVPN settings. The service is great, I recommend it, really. A bit pricier than other's but definitely worth the money imo.

Additional question:

If I want to add other shared folders to the docker container for deluge to access, can I just point them to '/data/*name of shared folder*'? For example:

I've got the shared folder 'downloads' set to '/data'
Can I set the shared folder 'video' and 'music' to '/data/video' and '/data/music' respectively?

I want to be able to seed from other shared folders as well as the one set/directed to '/data', but docker doesn't allow me to set the Synology volume as a reference-point/folder.

Edited by usernameispain
9 minutes ago, usernameispain said:

but any port-scanner tells me otherwise

if you are running the port scanner on your host or any device on your lan then it will show as closed, remember the port is open for the vpn tunnel, NOT for your ISP internet connection, so unless you perform a port scan on the vpn assigned public ip and the port then it will show as closed.

35 minutes ago, usernameispain said:

Additional question:

If I want to add other shared folders to the docker container for deluge to access, can I just point them to '/data/*name of shared folder*'? For example:

I've got the shared folder 'downloads' set to '/data'
Can I set the shared folder 'video' and 'music' to '/data/video' and '/data/music' respectively?

I want to be able to seed from other shared folders as well as the one set/directed to '/data', but docker doesn't allow me to set the Synology volume as a reference-point/folder.

Haven't been following. Are you running the docker on Synology? In any case, if the docker has /data mapped as the host volume /downloads, then /data/video will be the host folder /downloads/video and /data/music will be the host folder /downloads/music.

Do you understand docker volume mapping?

On Unraid, the user shares are in /mnt/user, so /mnt/user/downloads, for example, could be mapped to /data.

And if you wanted to map a user share named video, that would be a mapping from /mnt/user/video to whatever folder you wanted the application to use to access it. For example, /mnt/user/video could be mapped to /video, then the application would see the data in /video.

And similarly, a user share named music would be in /mnt/user/music, and if you mapped that to /music, then the application would see it in /music.

9 minutes ago, trurl said:

Haven't been following. Are you running the docker on Synology?..

..And similarly, a user share named music would be in /mnt/user/music, and if you mapped that to /music, then the application would see it in /music.

I'm running docker on Synology yes, I kinda know how the mapping works, I was just worried that mapping directories to the "made up" /music or /video directories might mess something up. Thanks for clearing that up

5 minutes ago, binhex said:

Ok and assuming also the port that the VPN provider assigned as well right? If so it should be showing as open.

Yeah it's all correctly assigned, private-tracker sites still tell me I'm connectable but multiple port-scanners don't. I'm confused.

Edited by usernameispain
17 minutes ago, usernameispain said:

Yeah it's all correctly assigned, private-tracker sites still tell me I'm connectable but multiple port-scanners don't. I'm confused.

When torrenting, there are various methods of making a connection, but unless the appropriate public port is open/forwarded, the performance is likely to be dismal.

The important measure is what Deluge sees - in Deluge "Preferences -> Network" the top pane is 'Incoming Ports'.  If you click on the 'Test Active Port' button there, after a few seconds, you should see a green 'blob' to indicate the incoming port is contactable.  If that doesn't come up green, then there is a problem with your port setting/forwarding.

Screenshot from 2018-09-28 22-09-14.png